Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Check it out. And after my previous post I want to just dive right in and bathe in chocolate biscuits.
    17bzto1rmexh.jpg

The last picture is the batch that came in on Monday. If no-one claims them, they join the pile in the first picture in the kitchen lol
    Oh wow! TUC biscuits used to be my fave when I was a kid. (Crispy, wafery salted cracker, for anyone who's not familiar with them). Spread thickly with butter. I've never seen them here in Canada, which is probably a good thing.

Lois, I'm sorry you're feeling so down, BUT STEP AWAY FROM THE SNACK CUPBOARD!
    I hope you're feeling brighter soon.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    a while back there was talk of being at a crossroads and making decisions as to whether the grass is greener on the other side. Last night hubby and I were looking at property in the GTA so we could be closer to the States and start doing things we wanted to do more in life rather than just go to work and make money but despise everything else around us and only do things to please others in our lives.

We got a call around 9:30 from our contractor's wife who we haven't spoken to since last year when we finished our basement. We hired this guy, who was 29, to build our deck and replace flooring in the kitchen and bathroom. He was really good at what he did and he developed our basement as well. We were more of acquaintances rather than friends but we got a long really well. My hubby sent him a text a few weeks ago to see if he would be willing to do some more work for us. While he was working for us, he would talk about how he wished he had more time to do the fun things in life rather than just work to support his two kids and stay and home wife.

On the call last night his wife told us that he had passed way in a car accident in January; she had only just opened his phone. It floored us and I am still shocked (and couldn't sleep for most of the night). This guy was so young and has two little kids (about 2 & 4)

My point is, is that life is so short and we get caught up in so much trivial things and take life and all of its pleasures for granted. You never know when your number is up. It really puts things into perspective.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    kipp_it wrote: »
    My confession: Sometimes. Late at night. When I am all alone. I pour ketchup on the floor and roll around in it naked screaming, "I'M A FRENCH FRY! I'M A FRENCH FRY!".....you guys do that too, right? :-\

Shh, french fries can't talk. ;)
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I think I am going to try putting my arm in a sling so I can do zumba today, but not worry about waving around my damaged arm. I'm not entirely sure if this is a good idea or a bad idea, but I feel really guilty if I don't exercise.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Feeling great today! Was finally able to fit into pre-prego jeans...two years postpartum, and they are still my "fat jeans", but I digress. I still see it as good progress!

Yay. That is awesome! Be proud of the achievement.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    @ythannah Why thank you! Yes that is my hand. The nail polish is BarryM, not sure of the shade I'm afraid, I can check it when I get home if you like? I only got it a couple of weeks ago so it should still be in the shops. :smile:

Please do, if you remember. I've never seen that brand here, not in regular stores anyway... but I am taking a trip to the US in a few weeks!

Where are you from? I'm in the UK. :smile: You can find Barry M in Boots stores

Yep, I just googled and realized it's a UK product. I'm in Canada, and we used to have Boots stores here many years ago (and they may still exist in larger cities) but now there is just a limited selection of the Boots line carried in one of our major drugstore chains.

I'm originally from the UK and used to travel there pretty frequently. I've bought tons of products from Boots that became my favourites, that I can no longer get.

Awww, maybe when I find out the shade, you could find another make that does a similar colour? Or if you REALLY want it I'm happy to post you it? Can't cost much...
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I was super worried that since I ate half a tub of ice cream that I screwed myself over for a loss this week. Stepped on the scale this morning and BAM down a pound, I definitely happy danced around the bathroom. Lol
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    I too am a a spanx supporter, lol. I don't know if it really hides much, lol, but it makes me feel better somehow.

Me too, I don't think it hides anything...but seems to keep the jiggle at a minimum. I can hardly do anything without them on!

I always hate the way my clothes feel in Spanx. I have a small waist compared to the rest of me, and I feel like the waistline in my pants always squeezes me to death when I've tried to wear Spanx. Same with dresses. I don't like all the fat from my backside pushed up into my waist.
  • margfish
    margfish Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My confession: I used to be able to adjust my intake and see the ounces and pounds drop really easily. (I'm in maintenance, so we're not talking much.) But something about turning 33 recently has ended all that and now the scale WON'T budge off a certain number and I just wanna drop those damn last two pounds! Trying really hard to stay motivated to stay consistent and not make things worse this weekend.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    My point is, is that life is so short and we get caught up in so much trivial things and take life and all of its pleasures for granted. You never know when your number is up. It really puts things into perspective.

Ain't that the truth.

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Basically, PRO TIP if you're not eating the Ice Cream Shoppe flavors of Poptarts, broken up no top of real ice cream, you might be doing it wrong.

I'm so glad I got groceries for this week already and hopefully I'll forget about this by the time I have to go again.

dessert.mashups.creamtarts.jpg

That's just evil.

I don't think this is the word you mean to use.

The Pop Tart love is running deep today. I confess that I don't eat Pop Tarts or Oreos or ice cream and now I'm feeling like the odd ball. I don't mind. I usually am the weirdo of the group in real life, so I suppose it makes sense here, too.

Nah Bzah...nothing odd about that. I'm actually allergic to whatever is in the Oreo cream filling and it's amazing how many bewildered looks I get when I say I don't eat them. Same with Doritos and American made Nutella (it's different overseas). We can be weirdos enjoying other desserts :).
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Basically, PRO TIP if you're not eating the Ice Cream Shoppe flavors of Poptarts, broken up no top of real ice cream, you might be doing it wrong.

I'm so glad I got groceries for this week already and hopefully I'll forget about this by the time I have to go again.

dessert.mashups.creamtarts.jpg

That's just evil.

I don't think this is the word you mean to use.

The Pop Tart love is running deep today. I confess that I don't eat Pop Tarts or Oreos or ice cream and now I'm feeling like the odd ball. I don't mind. I usually am the weirdo of the group in real life, so I suppose it makes sense here, too.

Nah Bzah...nothing odd about that. I'm actually allergic to whatever is in the Oreo cream filling and it's amazing how many bewildered looks I get when I say I don't eat them. Same with Doritos and American made Nutella (it's different overseas). We can be weirdos enjoying other desserts :).

Thank you! I used to eat Dorito's, but no longer do and I've never had Nutella.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    fitfatty88 wrote: »
    lautour wrote: »
    I just don't want to eat healthy and don't know how to get myself to change. Salad feels like a waste of space on my plate and honestly many times I'd rather see that space be empty than filled with non-starchy vegetables. I can and often do happily eat just meat or meat and starch. If I put salad on my plate it's often for show. Even though I'm the only one who sees, still just for show. I dutifully buy vegetables and put them on the plate and throw them away. Either I throw them away because they go bad or I throw them away because I put them on the plate with no desire to eat them.

But give me potatoes, corn, onions, or cabbage and I'll eat them happily. I love the less nutritious vegetables to death.

Today I put spinach in my meatball wrap. But I only did it so it would look good in my food log. It added nothing of value to the wrap and it was only about half a cup (raw! so hardly any).

Whew, I haven't been able to talk about vegetables anywhere and my best friend always comments on my diary that I need to eat more vegetables.

Rather than just having a salad have you considered making like a mixed veggie bake? I'll chunk chop like zucchini, yellow squash, onions, potatoes, and green & yellow peppers into a glass pan and mix it up with some olive oil, black pepper, garlic powder, and Trader Joes sells something called 21 Seasoning Salute and I bake it at like 350 for like 30-45 min (pending on how thick I cut everything). If you want them a little crispy broil it on high for a few minutes at the end and toss some grated parm on top.

Orrr...in the summer make a quinoa salad with diced up tomatoes, cucumbers, tri color peppers, fresh parsley, and red onion. Some fresh lemon or lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil for dressing. So you can get your starch on but have a bunch of veggies masked in.

Life doesn't have to be iceberg lettuce and grape tomatoes lol.

Not judging, I just hate to see veggies get tossed.

Me neither and these are great suggestions!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    lautour wrote: »
    I just don't want to eat healthy and don't know how to get myself to change. Salad feels like a waste of space on my plate and honestly many times I'd rather see that space be empty than filled with non-starchy vegetables. I can and often do happily eat just meat or meat and starch. If I put salad on my plate it's often for show. Even though I'm the only one who sees, still just for show. I dutifully buy vegetables and put them on the plate and throw them away. Either I throw them away because they go bad or I throw them away because I put them on the plate with no desire to eat them.

But give me potatoes, corn, onions, or cabbage and I'll eat them happily. I love the less nutritious vegetables to death.

Today I put spinach in my meatball wrap. But I only did it so it would look good in my food log. It added nothing of value to the wrap and it was only about half a cup (raw! so hardly any).

Whew, I haven't been able to talk about vegetables anywhere and my best friend always comments on my diary that I need to eat more vegetables.

I dislike a lot of vegetables that are deemed healthy. I am definitely a meat and starch person. Though, I have been trying to cute down on my starches as of late. I think they are one of the many things holding me back from getting healthier.

Another of my faults is canned green beans. They are the best for you, but I love them. I usually try to get no salt added, so that is a plus. I just can't stand the way frozen vegetables taste or feel in my mouth.

There's nothing wrong with no-salted added canned green beans! Well, unless you drown them in butter and salt, like my family does. That's the only way they eat corn, too.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    @ythannah Why thank you! Yes that is my hand. The nail polish is BarryM, not sure of the shade I'm afraid, I can check it when I get home if you like? I only got it a couple of weeks ago so it should still be in the shops. :smile:

Please do, if you remember. I've never seen that brand here, not in regular stores anyway... but I am taking a trip to the US in a few weeks!

Where are you from? I'm in the UK. :smile: You can find Barry M in Boots stores

Yep, I just googled and realized it's a UK product. I'm in Canada, and we used to have Boots stores here many years ago (and they may still exist in larger cities) but now there is just a limited selection of the Boots line carried in one of our major drugstore chains.

I'm originally from the UK and used to travel there pretty frequently. I've bought tons of products from Boots that became my favourites, that I can no longer get.

Awww, maybe when I find out the shade, you could find another make that does a similar colour? Or if you REALLY want it I'm happy to post you it? Can't cost much...

Aww, that's so kind of you to offer <3 ... but I think you'd be horrified at how much overseas postage actually costs!

I'm pretty skilled at online shopping, and I'm sure I can find it... I'm no stranger to ebay uk.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Feeling great today! Was finally able to fit into pre-prego jeans...two years postpartum, and they are still my "fat jeans", but I digress. I still see it as good progress!

Great work! My son will be 2 in June, and I just hit my pre-pregnancy weight in the last couple of months. Feels amazing, doesn't it?
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Came to chime in on a few pages back when people were talking about Tim Hortons...

I'm a bad Canadian too because I think their coffee is the WORST. Tastes like instant strained through a wet sock. I don't buy coffee too frequently (mostly just make it at work) but I prefer McDonald's as well if I need drive-through caffeine. It at least tastes like it was recently actual beans. I'll go to Starbucks as well but only for blonde roast, as I think their regular roasts all taste burnt. I like lots of darker roasts but not theirs.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Thank you all re: my daughter and her eating and her doctor's appointment. She is very mad at me right now but I want her to be healthy long term. Tomorrow is the day.

I always say, if my kids like me I must be doing something wrong! In all seriousness though, glad you are helping her. She may be mad but it doesn't matter as long as she gets and stays healthy. Good luck and keep us posted.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    My wife does Zumba in the living room in the evenings and even though she's been doing it for months I still get so distracted staring at her butt that I cannot concentrate on anything else for the hour she does it.

That's funny! And cute. And good for her for not being shy about working out in front of you and in the living room! I've seen a few posts on these boards about not wanting to be seen while working out.
  • 311snowwhite
    311snowwhite Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I usually weigh and track all of my food. I follow IIFYM and have strict macros set up for my lifting days and off days. However, I have a huge cereal collection and almost every morning when I wake up a take a box off the shelf and eat a few handfuls while I make coffee and feed the dogs. I try to track it, but i'm sure it's not reallly accurate.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    I just killed a spider on my food scale that appeared to climb out from behind the on/off button. I'm now terrified that there are spiders living inside my food scale. I'm seriously thinking of throwing it away and buying a new one, even though it is an expensive one.

ETA: Just so this doesn't seem insanely irrational, I once found a colony of redbacks living in the body of a milkshake maker at work. There's precedent, people!!!

When I was taking the plastic off of my air conditioner the other day, a huge spider crawled out from somewhere in there. I considered pushing the air conditioner out of the wall and letting it smash on the ground. I'm still paranoid to sit on that side of the room.

Here's a spider story for you that a teacher once told me. A woman bought a cactus plant, and a few days later, it started pulsating. She called someone - a friend, maybe, I don't remember - and they told her to get out of the room right away. As soon as she did, there was a popping sound. The cactus had exploded, and there were baby tarantulas everywhere. Most likely, this is an urban legend...but I'm not taking any chances. No cacti for me.

Oh no, not bugs again! I have an irrational phobia of bugs. The nicest golf course here is directly on the natural migratory path of tarantulas. I was there once, years ago, and the beer cart gal pointed it out to me because I was sitting on the grass waiting for our start time. Have NEVER gone back. Do not intend to.