Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    I have only just discovered you can cook sausages in the oven.

And bacon in the microwave.

My life has new (cleaner) meaning.

People are horrified when I tell the I cook sausages in the oven. Most of them are men. I just tell them I have better things to do than stand over a frying pan watching sausages cook.
    One of them dared to say he would have a go at his wife if she cooked sausages in the oven, so I said that she is a mug who deserves someone better than him. After a long argument about it, he asked me "What better things can you possibly be doing while ruining sausages in the oven?" So I said, "they take about 30 mins in the oven sooo, having sex?" End of conversation. :blush:

Though I would guess sex would only take about 2 minutes with that guy...and then the 30 Day Shred DVD is 26 minutes. Then, maybe more 2 minute sex and then BOOM! Sausages! :tongue:

Hahaha! That is a great plan!
  • BZAH10
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I confess I felt really old walking up to the Mastodon/Clutch show at Red Rocks on Sunday night....with a freakin Starbucks & not a 2 liter filled with Beam & Diet. Wooooo partay

Doesn't matter - you were still there! And I LOVE Red Rocks. Such an awesome venue. Well, until after the show and you have to remember where you parked...
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    shannonbun wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Heehee, thanks, we tend to think that when listening to the complaints of our monogamous friends but all relationships take work, friends family, partners but we tend to take them all for granted :(

Exactly! Which is why I'm sitting here thinking you may actually be a few steps ahead in being so conscious and deliberate about those aspects of your relationship, whereas the rest of us in more traditional partnerships just sit back and think it will all magically work out because "we're in luuuurve", at least when we're younger. (Coming from someone who got married at the age of 20, because I thought I knew it all)

My university has us go through a class on the psychology of relationships for that reason. It's pretty smart, since it's a freshman-level but required class. Manages to reach most of the students and get them to think about what their boundaries are, what their relationship style is (and which ones to avoid) and how secure they are in themselves. They definitely go over the fact that love doesn't pay the bills and that love isn't what keeps a marriage together.

Wow - that's awesome. People hesitate to actually come out and say this, but it is true. It takes a lot of hard work and dedication and equal compromise. It's hard to believe that at this point in time that so many people believe that falling in love is the "end point". The "happily ever after". No, that's just the beginning.

QFT.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    New job requires a drug test and physical before I can be scheduled to begin. I've been on hold for 2 hours to schedule this. I guess this is how they weed out people to see if they have the determination to work for them lol.

How is that even possible?! Do they at least have a message to let you know they still intend to get to you at some point? Man, that would drive me insane.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm nowhere near my goal weight, but I am officially in maintenance now. The eagle-eyed among you will know why (I posted about my motivation many pages back). I'm on cloud 9.

I'm taking a guess here, but I think congratulations are in order? and no more alcohol? or... nuts? or egg whites. I trying to think of others but having not been there, I don't know. YAY! :smiley:

Oh, I totally had the hint fly over my head and I even recall the earlier post now that it's made obvious.

Great news!

I'm not figuring it out yet, unfortunately. Any other clues anyone can give? Or approx. what page the previous post was on? I've read the whole thread, but sometimes my retention is lacking due to multitasking.
  • BZAH10
    Options
    Yeah, that is a nasty illness. Way earlier in the thread we were talking about serial killers and I said I knew a girl that was attacked by the local one we had. It was a savage attack and she was in the hospital for weeks and weeks, and neither of her parents visited her even once, because they were both just drunk all the time.....to make matters worse, her mother was a nasty drunk and when she was finally able to go home, her mother would get drunk and yell nasty stuff at her about hoping she caught AIDS from the rape and stuff. It was pretty tragic.....
    That's horrible! But I can totally relate.

Had something similar happen (to a much lesser degree!) when I was 16 and had to have emergency surgery... as in, saw the doctor at 4 PM and surgery booked for 11 PM that night... my parents brought me to the hospital, provided the insurance info, and left. They told the nurse to call and let them know how my surgery turned out. Their excuse was "We have to get up for work in the morning" but it was really all about not missing any drinking that evening.

I was sexually assaulted by an older male coworker when I was 17 and didn't tell my parents, for fear of hearing negative and unsupportive comments.

I just cannot even... I don't know what to say because there IS nothing to say. This is just terrible and I'm so sorry you (and others) have experienced this. Makes me feel really shallow for ever complaining about anything in my life. You are a truly fabulous person, though!
  • ladybuggnorris
    ladybuggnorris Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I admit I shake my head sometimes when I see the Mother's Day ads out there.

Some Facebook page I follow linked to 'great deals on aprons, fantastic mother's day gift!', and now I just went to my fitbit page by accident and the top said 'this mother's day, pick a fitbit gift that will move her'. Because nothing says 'I love you but you're fat' as much as a fitness device as a present.

Gosh.

My confession is that I finally weighed myself after almost 2 months... and it looks like even though I kept a fantastic deficit one of those months, my PMS week of Hell undid all my work and I've pretty much maintained. Makes me very sad. I don't think I'll ever reach my goal.

I buy myself what I want for Mother's Day and hubby does a really good job of picking out a nice card to go with it.
  • ladybuggnorris
    Options
    I'm nowhere near my goal weight, but I am officially in maintenance now. The eagle-eyed among you will know why (I posted about my motivation many pages back). I'm on cloud 9.

Yay!!! Congratulations! Sending good health and happy thoughts your way!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    lemurcat12 wrote: »

I'm taking a guess here, but I think congratulations are in order? and no more alcohol? or... nuts? or egg whites. I trying to think of others but having not been there, I don't know. YAY! :smiley:

Oh, I totally had the hint fly over my head and I even recall the earlier post now that it's made obvious.

Great news!

I'm not figuring it out yet, unfortunately. Any other clues anyone can give? Or approx. what page the previous post was on? I've read the whole thread, but sometimes my retention is lacking due to multitasking.

No problem. I daren't write it out in case that somehow 'jinxes' things. Ridiculous I know. I'll be more relaxed in a few weeks' time I'm sure.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Yeah, that is a nasty illness. Way earlier in the thread we were talking about serial killers and I said I knew a girl that was attacked by the local one we had. It was a savage attack and she was in the hospital for weeks and weeks, and neither of her parents visited her even once, because they were both just drunk all the time.....to make matters worse, her mother was a nasty drunk and when she was finally able to go home, her mother would get drunk and yell nasty stuff at her about hoping she caught AIDS from the rape and stuff. It was pretty tragic.....

Had something similar happen (to a much lesser degree!) when I was 16 and had to have emergency surgery... as in, saw the doctor at 4 PM and surgery booked for 11 PM that night... my parents brought me to the hospital, provided the insurance info, and left. They told the nurse to call and let them know how my surgery turned out. Their excuse was "We have to get up for work in the morning" but it was really all about not missing any drinking that evening.

I was sexually assaulted by an older male coworker when I was 17 and didn't tell my parents, for fear of hearing negative and unsupportive comments.

Pardon me but what-tha-fudge?!?! Maybe it's cuz I never had a decent father figure in my life but I'll be damned if I ever slight my child in favor of my own selfish interests. Disgusting.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    These last few days of being sad have been pretty revealing about my unhealthy relationship with food... I just want to eat until I don't feel anything but full. The lifelong habit of medicating with food is lurking around me. I didn't log the last couple of days, and I know I probably ate over maintenance, but I'm happy that I managed to avoid sitting on the couch and eating bags (plural...) of chips and cookies.

Back on track today. Even if everything else is haywire, I am going to be kind to myself and not eat until I feel sick.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Rather than quote everyone I'd need to:

Congratulations to all that deserve it!
    Good vibes to all those who need them!

I head back to the east coast today!
  • ladybuggnorris
    Options

I would not say that my parents are uncaring...they would never make rude or hateful comments to me. But, I did learn a lot on how not to be a parent from them. I had my tonsils removed when I was six. My mom drove the 45 minutes to the hospital, stayed while they admitted me, did bloodwork, etc...then went home. She came and picked me up three days later. I do not remember a single time in my life where I was as scared as I was, waking up from that surgery and not knowing anyone.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

Some Facebook page I follow linked to 'great deals on aprons, fantastic mother's day gift!', and now I just went to my fitbit page by accident and the top said 'this mother's day, pick a fitbit gift that will move her'. Because nothing says 'I love you but you're fat' as much as a fitness device as a present.

Gosh.

My confession is that I finally weighed myself after almost 2 months... and it looks like even though I kept a fantastic deficit one of those months, my PMS week of Hell undid all my work and I've pretty much maintained. Makes me very sad. I don't think I'll ever reach my goal.

When I worked at Wal-Mart, the first Valentine's day it was open, the sporting good manager had these Valentine's signs and deals on all the exercise equipment....I told him each piece should come with the business card of a divorce lawyer.....
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    I over eat & then run to the gym and Burn off 1400 calories. I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No judgment, but I seriously doubt you are burning off 1400 calories unless you're doing a half-marathon on the treadmill or something. Gym machines, elliptical, treadmills, etc, are notoriously high on their "calories burned' that they show. I don't use their numbers, cuz there is no way I burned 700 calories on the elliptical for 40 minutes.

Actually mine is accurate, because I am losing weight. It takes about 90 minutes to burn 1400 cal's. I work out REALLY Hard. So Yes my cal's are accurate.

What device are you using to track your burns?
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I would not say that my parents are uncaring...they would never make rude or hateful comments to me. But, I did learn a lot on how not to be a parent from them. I had my tonsils removed when I was six. My mom drove the 45 minutes to the hospital, stayed while they admitted me, did bloodwork, etc...then went home. She came and picked me up three days later. I do not remember a single time in my life where I was as scared as I was, waking up from that surgery and not knowing anyone.

That's worse... and I'd call that "uncaring"... or, at the very least, unempathetic. At least I was a bit older and had some comprehension of what was going on (I was still scared, though)... you were SIX!

I hope the nurses were really, really nice to make up for the lack of maternal involvement.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Gosh.

When I worked at Wal-Mart, the first Valentine's day it was open, the sporting good manager had these Valentine's signs and deals on all the exercise equipment....I told him each piece should come with the business card of a divorce lawyer.....

My hubby bought me an elliptical machine for Christmas one year. Love it! (Of course, I had been asking for one.)
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options

Congrats!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options

I can relate to that because my mother did that to me! I was about 13 and was vomiting all day and in a lot of pain. A friend had slept over the night before, and by morning when she was leaving I headed over to the ER. My mother checked me in, and then left. I spent hours and hours in an ER room, puking my brains out and passing out over and over. The surgeon said I needed my appendix out, but they could not find my parents to sign the surgery consent. This was the mid 80's so before cell phones etc. My friend that had slept over stopped in with her mom that evening because they had been calling the house and could not get anyone so they came to the ER to see if I was still there. I vaguely remember seeing them between passing out. My friend's mother lost her mind when she realized I was there alone and that they hospital could not find my parents. She actually went out and hunted them down on her own. They were out at a restaurant having dinner. My father had come home from work, and my mother did not even tell him I was at the hospital or anything. I remember the DR reaming her out, and her excuse was that she was diabetic and needed dinner. REALLY? Grab a sandwich, wtf. Not only that, but she was gone for hours and hours before that.

Because they had to wait so long, my appendix burst while they were taking it out, I ended up in hospital for three weeks with a nasty infection and my scar is HUGE! My mother was a complete asshat. That is one of the lesser things she did to me......
  • m1xm0d3
    Options

I can relate to that because my mother did that to me! I was about 13 and was vomiting all day and in a lot of pain. A friend had slept over the night before, and by morning when she was leaving I headed over to the ER. My mother checked me in, and then left. I spent hours and hours in an ER room, puking my brains out and passing out over and over. The surgeon said I needed my appendix out, but they could not find my parents to sign the surgery consent. This was the mid 80's so before cell phones etc. My friend that had slept over stopped in with her mom that evening because they had been calling the house and could not get anyone so they came to the ER to see if I was still there. I vaguely remember seeing them between passing out. My friend's mother lost her mind when she realized I was there alone and that they hospital could not find my parents. She actually went out and hunted them down on her own. They were out at a restaurant having dinner. My father had come home from work, and my mother did not even tell him I was at the hospital or anything. I remember the DR reaming her out, and her excuse was that she was diabetic and needed dinner. REALLY? Grab a sandwich, wtf. Not only that, but she was gone for hours and hours before that.

Because they had to wait so long, my appendix burst while they were taking it out, I ended up in hospital for three weeks with a nasty infection and my scar is HUGE! My mother was a complete asshat. That is one of the lesser things she did to me......

Reading all of these stories about crappy parents puts me in a RAAAAAAGE! Uuugh that sucks so bad. I'm sorry.