Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,439 Member
    spamarie wrote: »
    I'm nowhere near my goal weight, but I am officially in maintenance now. The eagle-eyed among you will know why (I posted about my motivation many pages back). I'm on cloud 9.

Woo Hoo! Congratulations!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    I'm nowhere near my goal weight, but I am officially in maintenance now. The eagle-eyed among you will know why (I posted about my motivation many pages back). I'm on cloud 9.

Congratulations!
  • Pattie74
    Pattie74 Posts: 85 Member
    This morning I was up a pound for some strange reason. It depressed me and instead of dealing with it properly, I had a donut. Now I feel even worse :(
  • AgentOrangeJuice
    AgentOrangeJuice Posts: 1,069 Member
    New job requires a drug test and physical before I can be scheduled to begin. I've been on hold for 2 hours to schedule this. I guess this is how they weed out people to see if they have the determination to work for them lol.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    I confess I felt really old walking up to the Mastodon/Clutch show at Red Rocks on Sunday night....with a freakin Starbucks & not a 2 liter filled with Beam & Diet. Wooooo partay
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    This morning, I stepped outside in full running gear with the intentions of going for my short run. Ya, it was cold so I ran my *kitten* back inside and made coffee and breakfast instead.
    I will run this evening dammit! Lol
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I confess I felt really old walking up to the Mastodon/Clutch show at Red Rocks on Sunday night....with a freakin Starbucks & not a 2 liter filled with Beam & Diet. Wooooo partay

They still going? It could be because I'm in England, but I haven't heard anything from these bands in AGES! Or maybe I'm out of touch... I'm probably out of touch. lol
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    So after logging my food on Sat and was like 4k over in sodium, I look into the sodium thing a bit more and was reading that once you reach your DRI, a mere 400mg of sodium can add 2 lbs of water weight. Whoa!

I've managed to lose 16 lbs in the past 30 days. Impressive. And it's not due to shortcutting or making bad-for-me choices. Just a ton of bike riding. The clothes that were so snug finally have some give.

I must have really procrastinated starting to diet in 2014 cuz I am 25lbs lighter than I was this exact time last year. w00t!

• quiksylver296
    New job requires a drug test and physical before I can be scheduled to begin. I've been on hold for 2 hours to schedule this. I guess this is how they weed out people to see if they have the determination to work for them lol.

Uh oh. Bad sign?
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Lois_1989 wrote: »

I'm taking a guess here, but I think congratulations are in order? and no more alcohol? or... nuts? or egg whites. I trying to think of others but having not been there, I don't know. YAY! :smiley:

Oh, I totally had the hint fly over my head and I even recall the earlier post now that it's made obvious.

Great news!
  • quiksylver296

They still going? It could be because I'm in England, but I haven't heard anything from these bands in AGES! Or maybe I'm out of touch... I'm probably out of touch. lol

That's what I was thinking? Mastodon...that's a freakin' blast from my past. LOL
  • quiksylver296
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    So after logging my food on Sat and was like 4k over in sodium, I look into the sodium thing a bit more and was reading that once you reach your DRI, a mere 400mg of sodium can add 2 lbs of water weight. Whoa!

I've managed to lose 16 lbs in the past 30 days. Impressive. And it's not due to shortcutting or making bad-for-me choices. Just a ton of bike riding. The clothes that were so snug finally have some give.

I must have really procrastinated starting to diet in 2014 cuz I am 25lbs lighter than I was this exact time last year. w00t!

DRI?
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member

That's what I was thinking? Mastodon...that's a freakin' blast from my past. LOL

You should check out their new one, "Once More Round the Sun" ... it's not as hardcore as their earlier stuff (some are b*tching that it's too radio friendly) but it's got some great riffage.

• MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Talkradio wrote: »
    I'm desperately behind, but I wanted to check in and say hi.

I found out on Saturday that my dad most likely has cancer. He also was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The prognosis is good, but he will be having surgery in the next few weeks to remove the tumors.

Obviously, I'm kind of a wreck right now. :(

Horrible news. He, and you, are in our thoughts.
  • AliciaStinger
    AliciaStinger Posts: 402 Member
    The first time I lost the weight - or, at least, 35 of the 60 pounds I wanted to lose - I lost the first 18 pounds by pretty much only drinking chocolate milk. It was the middle of summer, and heat makes me lose my appetite, so I was drinking about 4-7 cups of chocolate milk a day and eating about one meal a day. I wouldn't do it again, but it gave me a great head start, and I kept the weight off for two years (until I had surgery and couldn't work out for several weeks).
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member

DRI?

Sorry... daily recommended intake. (which I think is around 2,400mg for sodium)
  • quiksylver296

DRI?

Sorry... daily recommended intake. (which I think is around 2,400mg for sodium)

Ah, not enough coffee in me yet apparently. I should have been able to figure that one out for myself...
  • quiksylver296
    The first time I lost the weight - or, at least, 35 of the 60 pounds I wanted to lose - I lost the first 18 pounds by pretty much only drinking chocolate milk. It was the middle of summer, and heat makes me lose my appetite, so I was drinking about 4-7 cups of chocolate milk a day and eating about one meal a day. I wouldn't do it again, but it gave me a great head start, and I kept the weight off for two years (until I had surgery and couldn't work out for several weeks).

Mmm, sounds like a delicious program. Maybe you should write a book and make millions. LOL
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member

Congrats!!!

• Jesusjohnjames
    Jesusjohnjames Posts: 378 Member
    I over eat & then run to the gym and Burn off 1400 calories. I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!