Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    I confess, this thread is bascially chit chat more than confessions.
    tmj3y864qugo.jpg

• Tubbs216
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Does anyone get in food ruts? There's nothing I want to eat, so whatever I make doesn't really satisfie me... I guess that's why I've been snacking so much the last couple days.

I hate this! I tell myself that I will eat better tomorrow but I can't even think of anything I want to have for breakfast... that just sucks. Nothing just sounds appealing. Except junk. I'm feeling gross and disappointed in myself for eating 700 calories over maintenance today.
    I definitely get stuck in ruts. Maybe look on Skinnytaste or somewhere for a recipe that makes you sit up and get interested?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    tmj3y864qugo.jpg

Bahaha yes @tubbs216 you always say what I want to say but just so much better!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Does anyone get in food ruts? There's nothing I want to eat, so whatever I make doesn't really satisfie me... I guess that's why I've been snacking so much the last couple days.

I hate this! I tell myself that I will eat better tomorrow but I can't even think of anything I want to have for breakfast... that just sucks. Nothing just sounds appealing. Except junk. I'm feeling gross and disappointed in myself for eating 700 calories over maintenance today... mostly from granola bars etc.

Yes I get what you mean! I'll be hungry and eat but nothing I eat is satisfying! I hate when this happens I'm sorry it's happening to you :(
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options

I hate this! I tell myself that I will eat better tomorrow but I can't even think of anything I want to have for breakfast... that just sucks. Nothing just sounds appealing. Except junk. I'm feeling gross and disappointed in myself for eating 700 calories over maintenance today... mostly from granola bars etc.

Totally. But then I eat the junk and don't really enjoy that either. But sometimes the healthy thing that didn't appeal at all totally hits the spot.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    tmj3y864qugo.jpg

Ahhh...the thread hero.
    Cliche meme used predictably.
    Cat gif coming too?

• maryelgin1988
    maryelgin1988 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.

Super great.

Speaking of stupid decisions, I confess that when I was 20 (way back in 1989...YIKES), I was living on my own for the first time. Cut all my rocker hair off & was bummed how fat I looked.

I then went on a crash diet that consisted of the following:

Breakfast: Can of Diet Coke
    Morning Snack: Can of Diet Coke
    Lunch: Turkey sandwich (2 pieces of bread, 1 slice of deli turkey, 1 slice of deli swiss, mustard)
    Afternoon Snack: Can of Diet Coke
    Workout: 45-60 minutes on a cheap-*kitten* rowing machine I had in my apartment
    Dinner: 6 pack of Bud Light tall boys

I was a chubby 210 lbs when I started, and a thin 165 after 4 months. From there I started weight training.

I'd get slaughtered for suggesting this in 2015, but....I lived to tell the tale

I'm hungry just looking at that... lol.

When I lost weight at 20 it was some ridiculous diet (with a dietitian) where you basically restrict everything but 'fromage frais' (kinda like Greek yogurt but not bitter) and veggies the first 2 weeks, and add something new every week... a piece of meat at lunch, then a piece of meat for dinner etc. I lost 20 pounds very fast, then real life happened and I couldn't stick to it anymore and I gained it all back plus friends. Didn't learn a thing, lol. And I cheated too.. I was eating those packs of 'diet' cookies in secret in my car.

I had my son when I was 20. I used the grapefruit diet to take off the baby weight. I can't remember all of the details, but I do remember being hangry all the time.

Is 'hangry' a thing? Like hungry/angry? ? If so that's hilarious and I'm going to start using it!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    tmj3y864qugo.jpg

Ahhh...the thread hero.
    Cliche meme used predictably.
    Cat gif coming too?
    4gnx4t4fresz.gif

• easyrun99
    easyrun99 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I only wear boxer shorts...and they have to color coordinate with my shirt
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Totally. But then I eat the junk and don't really enjoy that either. But sometimes the healthy thing that didn't appeal at all totally hits the spot.

Yeah I didn't even enjoy all the stuff I ate that much. It's sad. Oh well, tomorrow is a new day... even if I still have no idea what I'm going to eat!
  • irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options

The mods disagree with you. It lasted only a few hours in chit chat before being moved back here.

• irenehb
    irenehb Posts: 236 Member
    Options

All the time! It is really frustrating and quite often lately.
    I end up eating frozen yogurt (even though it is Winter here) most days for breakfast because it is yummy and satisfies me but not very nutritious. Oh well.

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    irenehb wrote: »

The mods disagree with you. It lasted only a few hours in chit chat before being moved back here.

Still, none the less truthful a simple observation and confession.
    You folks are really sensitive about your thread.
    So much for 'No Judgement'

Carry on.

• LBuehrle8
    Options
    Confession- my gym that's close to my apartment is closed for another week and a half...it made me super angry at first but secretly I don't mind because then I only have to go for a walk :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Carry on.

Thanks for your permission
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    I confess that when I start reading posts/stories about people struggling to pay for college, or when I see a post/story about some huge medical bill or substandard medical care because insurance, I get my judgey pants on. People should be able to go to university, regardless of background. People should be able to get access to medical care without having to have a certain type of insurance. People should be able to go to school, work, the freaking ice rink, without having to worry about being shot. Why is this so hard?

/rant also because getting judgey about a whole other country is a bit silly.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I confess that when I start reading posts/stories about people struggling to pay for college, or when I see a post/story about some huge medical bill or substandard medical care because insurance, I get my judgey pants on. People should be able to go to university, regardless of background. People should be able to get access to medical care without having to have a certain type of insurance. People should be able to go to school, work, the freaking ice rink, without having to worry about being shot. Why is this so hard?

/rant also because getting judgey about a whole other country is a bit silly.

Hey preach I'm with you and I live in that country! It's hard as there are things I love and then things I really really dislike :/ but all in all can't say I'm not proud to be an American :D
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Carry on.
    Er, ok, we'll do that then.
    Every couple of hundred pages someone comes in and makes the same complaint, and most of the thread participants say that we honestly don't care where the thread is, but that we like it in the General section because it makes it accessible to newbies who can see that their struggles are normal. You are definitely correct that we are very protective of the atmosphere in this thread.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

All the time! It is really frustrating and quite often lately.
    I end up eating frozen yogurt (even though it is Winter here) most days for breakfast because it is yummy and satisfies me but not very nutritious. Oh well.

Ooo frozen yogurt is a good idea!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:
    Is your accent more Downton Abbey or Dick Van *kitten* Cockney?
    Edit: That's hilarious, it censored Dick Van D y k e!!

Um, I'm not sure. I don't say governor, or tally ho ole chap (this reminds me of a friends episode where Ross is teaching a class and starts speaking with a TERRIBLE British accent).

It's more like Kate Winslet or Kate Beckensale. So what would that be?

LOVE LOVE that episode! Haha

It's like Jim Carrey in Dumb & Dumber when the girl says she's from Austria & he uses his Australian accent & says good day mate let's put another shrimp on the barbie.