Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

I was going to make the same correction. Us Brits are sensitive about our biscuits apparently.

No offense intended. I guess I wouldn't make a good Brit after all. :(

Definitely none taken. I'm sure you'd get by just fine. I'd like to hear your accent. I love hearing Americans try and do it. A guy I used to work with said his favourite word to say was 'people' and it cracked me up when he said it.

My favourite thing to do in an American (southern) accent is rhyme wagon and dragging...

I like to try an Aussie accent and say "maybe the dingo ate your baby" randomly. I'm getting pretty good at it.

Hahahaha I definitely just said this out loud alone in my apartment and had a laughing fit all on my own!

It's so fun to say! But then I feel bad because a dingo really did eat her baby and no one believed her.
  • SlenderClassyElegant
    SlenderClassyElegant Posts: 62 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Holla4mom wrote: »
    ketorach wrote: »
    Sometimes, I eat in bed and don't even remember. I wake up in the morning wondering why I'm not hungry, and then, I'm sad when I remember.
    I couldn't stand seeing a whole day of planful eating go down the drain when I would wake up to empty chip bags and cookie cartons:/

:'( I wish I could do this. My family would laugh so hard at me. But they laugh at me anyway for my addiction to food. They think it's funny that I can't curb my appetite. It hurts my feelings a lot. Maybe I will try to do the lock thing in spite of them. :'(
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    Ok, major confession here. I found this bedding set and bought it - ex-display $80 instead of $240. I love it (YES IT'S JESSICA SIMPSON I DON'T CARE), but it's in the spare room closet hidden from my husband. I bought it for the camper that we don't own yet, that he doesn't want yet (really only because the timing's not right and he's too busy to care) but that I'm desperate for. Is that bad? I'm such a brat.
    9qjnco1r0eni.jpg

Oh, I like it. Someday when my kids are way bigger I would love to have a white blanket. Right now it would look brown within the week :D
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Sometimes, I eat in bed and don't even remember. I wake up in the morning wondering why I'm not hungry, and then, I'm sad when I remember.
    I couldn't stand seeing a whole day of planful eating go down the drain when I would wake up to empty chip bags and cookie cartons:/

:'( I wish I could do this. My family would laugh so hard at me. But they laugh at me anyway for my addiction to food. They think it's funny that I can't curb my appetite. It hurts my feelings a lot. Maybe I will try to do the lock thing in spite of them. :'(

That's so horrible that your family laughs at you!!

I think you should do whatever will help you and try to ignore the non support.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    kellypence wrote: »
    So, actual confession instead of potty talk.

I don't like people. I mean, really. And that is just my brain's excuse for what is essentially a cross between being a true introvert and a social anxiety disorder. Anyway, my husband's old group of friends (ie, he hasn't seen any of them in the 10 years we've been together) is getting together on Sat for a "goodbye party" for one of them who's moving and tracked him down and invited us to the party. I don't wanna go (said in a pouty/whiny voice). My husband wants to go to an outdoor movie Sat night (which isn't my thing...see introvert/social anxiety above), and then Sun (Father's day) we're going to the track for a big get together with a group of friends (see introvert status). Next Fri we're going to my family's for a week to help my parents with the house (I love my family best for short visits, or from a distance). So last night I told him all this, and pretty much laid it on him....if it's really important to you, I'll go, but these reasons are why I'd rather not. I feel a little guilty, 'cause he's an extrovert and actually likes hanging out with people, but not really.

I don't like people either. In a situation like that, I would just tell my husband to go to the party and see his friends while I stayed home in my pj's watching Netflix. Everyone's happy!
    Kinda disagree here. I think sometimes it's important to put yourself out there and support your partner. To be honest, I'd be pretty upset if I was excited about seeing people I hadn't seen for years and my husband said that he was staying home to binge Breaking Bad.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I'm thinking that maybe you guys were flagged because someone thought they were hitting the quote button but accidentally hit flag? Can that happen? I can't think of another reason because your posts haven't been very scandalous. Unless you're a couple of mischievous rascals in other threads. :lol: Also, are you told if you've been flagged? I'm curious to see if I have any, but I'm guessing I would know if I did.
    You might not know if you have any. I don't remember getting a notification when I got flagged. You can check by clicking on the bell at the top of this page and clicking on "All Notifications". At the top of that page you will see "Reactions".

I have 0 Spam and 1 Abuse. I know exactly what mine is for- I quoted someone who had gotten flagged and asked, "Why was this flagged?". The person I quoted flagged me for abuse and when I explained myself again, apologized, but didn't go back and remove the flag.

I just checked where you said, and I have 1 Abuse

:o:o:o:o:o

I wonder what that is about??? I wish it told you, I have not even the slightest idea.....
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    I'm thinking that maybe you guys were flagged because someone thought they were hitting the quote button but accidentally hit flag? Can that happen? I can't think of another reason because your posts haven't been very scandalous. Unless you're a couple of mischievous rascals in other threads. :lol: Also, are you told if you've been flagged? I'm curious to see if I have any, but I'm guessing I would know if I did.
    You might not know if you have any. I don't remember getting a notification when I got flagged. You can check by clicking on the bell at the top of this page and clicking on "All Notifications". At the top of that page you will see "Reactions".

I have 0 Spam and 1 Abuse. I know exactly what mine is for- I quoted someone who had gotten flagged and asked, "Why was this flagged?". The person I quoted flagged me for abuse and when I explained myself again, apologized, but didn't go back and remove the flag.

I wonder what that is about??? I wish it told you, I have not even the slightest idea.....

Sometimes I think people just read things in a different tone than was intended. Or they didn't like what you had to say.

I remember a poster in here that everything they said got flagged - I guess they had offended someone to the point that the person followed then around the forum and flagged everything.

As long as it's not a mod warning I think it's not a big deal.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

Sometimes I think people just read things in a different tone than was intended. Or they didn't like what you had to say.

I remember a poster in here that everything they said got flagged - I guess they had offended someone to the point that the person followed then around the forum and flagged everything.

As long as it's not a mod warning I think it's not a big deal.

I've been both flagged, and warned, for discussing flagging. Good times.
  • Nancy_AZ60
    Nancy_AZ60 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This use to happen to me periodically (okay every night) and I put a lock on the pantry/ refrigerator when it's time for me to go to bed. I couldn't stand seeing a whole day of planful eating go down the drain when I would wake up to empty chip bags and cookie cartons:/

I am a night eater too.. Milk, peanut butter toast & cereal.. are cravings.. so no bread in the house right now, sometimes I get special K so that at least when i eat, it is only 120 calories plus the nonfat milk. No chips or cookies in the house either.. i have no resistance. I think i need a 12 step pgm for the sugar carbs.
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    kellypence wrote: »
    So, actual confession instead of potty talk.

I don't like people. I mean, really. And that is just my brain's excuse for what is essentially a cross between being a true introvert and a social anxiety disorder. Anyway, my husband's old group of friends (ie, he hasn't seen any of them in the 10 years we've been together) is getting together on Sat for a "goodbye party" for one of them who's moving and tracked him down and invited us to the party. I don't wanna go (said in a pouty/whiny voice). My husband wants to go to an outdoor movie Sat night (which isn't my thing...see introvert/social anxiety above), and then Sun (Father's day) we're going to the track for a big get together with a group of friends (see introvert status). Next Fri we're going to my family's for a week to help my parents with the house (I love my family best for short visits, or from a distance). So last night I told him all this, and pretty much laid it on him....if it's really important to you, I'll go, but these reasons are why I'd rather not. I feel a little guilty, 'cause he's an extrovert and actually likes hanging out with people, but not really.

I don't like people either. In a situation like that, I would just tell my husband to go to the party and see his friends while I stayed home in my pj's watching Netflix. Everyone's happy!
    Kinda disagree here. I think sometimes it's important to put yourself out there and support your partner. To be honest, I'd be pretty upset if I was excited about seeing people I hadn't seen for years and my husband said that he was staying home to binge Breaking Bad.

I can see that. For me it would depend on the situation - do I know these people? Then I will suck it up 9 times out of 10. What she described seemed like she didn't know them, and that's what I was basing my opinion on. I'd reciprocate the pass too - if I was seeing people I wanted to see and my also introverted husband didn't know them, I wouldn't care if he stayed home. Every couple has their own dynamic though, I don't think either thing is right or wrong.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I did it. I messaged my stepdaughter. This is what I said.

"You need to message your dad. He needs to talk to you, but you haven't returned his text message. Also, Sunday is Father's Day and I didn't know if you were planning on being around."

It was probably not the nicest message, but it's a lot nicer than what I wanted to say which is this.

Come pick up your cat from hell, give me my key, get your stuff, and get out. You obviously don't want to be a part of our lives and I'm not going to be your storage unit and cat's caretaker anymore. Your dad has tried really hard to make sure you feel a part of our family, we all have, and you've done nothing but take advantage of that and I've had enough. Oh, and I expect you to have a check for $400 for your tags to your dad by Monday.

Every time I think about her and what's been going on, I get so angry and want to cry (that's probably more PMS) and I just hoped when she came into our lives, things would be so different. I'm sad now. :'(

How many times did you consider sending the second message and then erase it? If she didn't have the money for the tags, the car would have to stay at the house.

I never typed any part of the second message, I just thought it and have been for quite some time now.

My husband brought this up during our "discussion" (fight) last Friday. He asked if I wanted him to take the car away from her if she couldn't pay the tags, and I said no because then she wouldn't have any way to get to work. Although, that's not really my problem. I wasn't relying on other people when I was 19, I had a car that I paid for and was working AND going to college full time. I know she's not me, but she needs to learn some accountability and responsibility. I might make the suggestion that until she CAN pay for the tags, that he drive the car since it's in his name anyway.

I'm afraid that if I keep bringing this up to my husband, we'll have a terrible vacation and anniversary and I've waited 15 DAMN years for this and I REFUSE to let her ruin that for us. Why does she have to be such a selfish brat?!

Well, this has been going on for a while. No need to ruin vacation plans over it. I'd just ignore it as best you can. You both deserve your anniversary and vacation and nothing is going to change with the step-daughter in the next few weeks anyway, I'm guessing.

Nineteen is a tough age! Yes, they should be adults, but their brains are still developing and lack maturity. She will get better at some point, but probably not until her early 20's, IME. My kids all became normal humans again by 21 or so.

I disagree, honestly. I'm 20, and I've had to adult (yes, I'm using that as a verb. :p) since I was 14 or 15 years old, due to circumstances beyond my own control. The behavior of others my age frankly disgusts me sometimes--they're old enough to have some manners and consideration for the feelings of other people, they just don't want to bother.

Personal circumstances and situations can make a person grow up faster.

At my daughter's age, I had been living on my own for several years, working two jobs and trying to get pregnant.

My daughter can barely suck it up to work a summer job, help around the house a bit, and take on the stress of finding a place to live to go back to school in the fall.

Just for the record, she is rather selfish most of the time too.....it is a teenage girl thing, I am sure of it.....although I find at times she takes it to the extreme.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Thanks for your kind comments, guys :)

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.

I'm sure you looked fine in the dress. And you DO have adorable dimples.

I went to the eye doctor Saturday to get contact specifically for my trip. I would recommend it unless you have a weird eye thing like Rachel did on Friends. They will, or should, sample you out a pair to get a feel for them.
    Thank you very much, my dimples are one of the only things I like about myself. :lol: My brother also inherited them, but he hates them (I think he believes they take away from his manliness).

My boyfriend just suggested I take off my glasses to get used to not wearing them, but he said my eyes look smaller and more squinty without them. I don't think he was trying to be insulting, but I don't want small and squinty eyes! :lol:

I have dimples too. The one on my right side is bigger than the left.
    I'm also in the dimples club. I have back dimples too, which I always thought were weird until I read that they're apparently desirable. Who knew.

I'm in the "I wish I had dimples" club

They're not dimples but I always wanted freckles :(

I used to get freckles across my nose and cheekbones when I went skiing. Only time ever and I didn't really understand it
    That's the kind of freckles people imagine when they want them - a youthful sprinkle like that. I'm pretty much covered in freckles, which isn't such a desirable look!

Count me in the "covered with freckles" group. I have them everywhere that has ever been exposed to the sun.

Yep, same here! Although they're most obvious across my nose, I do have a few on my arms etc. My boyfriend things they're 'cute' but it also backfires in that I get ID'd ALL. THE. TIME. in the summer when they're darker. I'm 3 years over the legal drinking age here in the UK but my freckles plus my baby face make me look about 13 haha.
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Hi all,

Sorry I haven’t been around for a while. Well I’ve been reading, but not posting. I’m having a really bad couple of weeks and I didn’t want to dump it all on you guys. However, I have missed you all immensely. Its strange how much I rely on this thread for fun and motivation. I don’t think you’ll ever know how much you have all helped motivate me.

My diet and exercise has gone out of the window, the binge monster is well and truly in situ and my brain is telling me all sorts of horrible things, about how fat and unfit I am, and always will be, and theres little point trying. And no matter how much weight I lose, my boyfriend will still never love me and I’ll never be able to climb the mountain and blah blah blah blah.

I look in the mirror and I hate what I see. I’m so fat and just can’t see how I’m going to get it off. And I know binge eating isn’t going to help, but I seem totally incapable of controlling it.

There’s a bit of an issue going on between my boyfriend and I. We need to address it, but I am avoiding the issue. Because, irrational me says he’s going to tell me all the things I don’t want to hear (that I believe about myself). So the poor guy has been getting a really hard time, for something I *think* he might say. I’m not being very grown up about things at the moment.

Most of the problem is I have not been taking my anti-depressants properly. I miss lots of days at a time, and that is obviously contributing to the blackness. Rationally I know I can fix that. I have reminders on my phone and email to take it, but I mostly just ignore them. I don’t know why. I know they help.

And just to make another excuse, theres a lot going on. My mum has cancer and is having her operation today. Her recovery time means I need to be home to have Charlie (2yo nephew) a lot more, which interferes with my life a bit, and well just excuses really. I feel overwhelmed with everything.

I’m sorry to dump this all on you, but a couple of people here told me it might help to get it out. And a big thank you to those of you who messaged me to check in: @pofoster21, @girldownsouth and @nonoelmo @Lois_1989. I really did appreciate it, and it was nice to think people noticed and cared enough to send a note. I hope I can remember to do the same for others.

I am trying to remember that today is a new day and all I can do is try. And some advice given to me in a message was that you will be able to help me with that. And I know its true. As a support group, you lot are amazing.

Sometimes I think about not checking in/posting here but like you, I like reading this thread and it does make me feel better. I think that I'm complaining here too much and I don't want to bring anyone down. It is just nice to have someone to talk to sometimes. Please know that at least someone here cares about you and doesn't mind if you vent (I read everything here and I will listen if you need someone).

I am so down right now that it is hard to find reasons to keep going sometimes.

I'm so sorry about everything you are going through. I hope your mom gets through everything okay. That is really scary. I am also sorry you are having issues with your boyfriend as well. I'm right there with you on that one. (HUGS) If your meds help, make sure you are taking them!!!

No, you don't complain too much and I'm really happy you're still here and still posting! Keep doing it. I hope it will help you in some way.

@orangesmartie, I'm very sorry for all of your struggles, but I'm also really glad that you updated us and are still with us. You were missed!

I second this! You dont complain too much at all, I'm the same, reading this thread definitely makes me feel better if I'm having a rough day, I'm not sure why.

Confession for this evening; my parents called me earlier to let me know they're having the family dog put down soon. My natural reaction when upset is usually to curl up under a duvet and eat lots of sugary comfort food, but I'm trying to resist. I know it's only a dog, and in comparison to what a lot of you all are going through it seems really trivial, but it still sucks. Our dog is the first 'proper' pet I've had (aside from goldfish and pet rats when I was really young), and I grew up with her. Still, at least she's lived to the ripe old age of 15!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I was going to make the same correction. Us Brits are sensitive about our biscuits apparently.

Definitely none taken. I'm sure you'd get by just fine. I'd like to hear your accent. I love hearing Americans try and do it. A guy I used to work with said his favourite word to say was 'people' and it cracked me up when he said it.

My favourite thing to do in an American (southern) accent is rhyme wagon and dragging...

I like to try an Aussie accent and say "maybe the dingo ate your baby" randomly. I'm getting pretty good at it.

Hahahaha I definitely just said this out loud alone in my apartment and had a laughing fit all on my own!

It's so fun to say! But then I feel bad because a dingo really did eat her baby and no one believed her.
    True. Meryl Streep did a good job as her in the movie.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    All these TV confessions are making me fess up: My wife & I love Big Brother.

We love to hate the hateable ones, root for the underdogs, love the cheesy challenges & also love it when they are clueless that they are broadcast 24/7 and just spout the most ignorant crap. Young fools thinking they know everything & getting a harsh dose of reality once they leave the house. So crunchy.

We call it our "Vapid Summer Fluff" ... ha ha

I watch that show every now & then & the most annoying ones since I've watched it have been Jessie & Rachel.

One of my favorite seasons was season 6 with Kaysar and Janelle! Loved them!

I loved Kaysar!

<3
  • berlynnwall
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

True. Meryl Streep did a good job as her in the movie.

I'm a huge Meryl fan. That's really the only reason I watched that movie. My grandma and I would binge watch Meryl Streep movies when I lived with her.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

I make them with chocolate chips! And top them with seedless strawberry jam and real whipped cream!! Oh, its been too long!!
  • Glinda1971
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Thanks for your kind comments, guys :)

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.

I'm sure you looked fine in the dress. And you DO have adorable dimples.

I went to the eye doctor Saturday to get contact specifically for my trip. I would recommend it unless you have a weird eye thing like Rachel did on Friends. They will, or should, sample you out a pair to get a feel for them.
    Thank you very much, my dimples are one of the only things I like about myself. :lol: My brother also inherited them, but he hates them (I think he believes they take away from his manliness).

My boyfriend just suggested I take off my glasses to get used to not wearing them, but he said my eyes look smaller and more squinty without them. I don't think he was trying to be insulting, but I don't want small and squinty eyes! :lol:

I have dimples too. The one on my right side is bigger than the left.
    I'm also in the dimples club. I have back dimples too, which I always thought were weird until I read that they're apparently desirable. Who knew.

I'm in the "I wish I had dimples" club

They're not dimples but I always wanted freckles :(

I used to get freckles across my nose and cheekbones when I went skiing. Only time ever and I didn't really understand it
    That's the kind of freckles people imagine when they want them - a youthful sprinkle like that. I'm pretty much covered in freckles, which isn't such a desirable look!

Count me in the "covered with freckles" group. I have them everywhere that has ever been exposed to the sun.

Yep, same here! Although they're most obvious across my nose, I do have a few on my arms etc. My boyfriend things they're 'cute' but it also backfires in that I get ID'd ALL. THE. TIME. in the summer when they're darker. I'm 3 years over the legal drinking age here in the UK but my freckles plus my baby face make me look about 13 haha.
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Hi all,

Sorry I haven’t been around for a while. Well I’ve been reading, but not posting. I’m having a really bad couple of weeks and I didn’t want to dump it all on you guys. However, I have missed you all immensely. Its strange how much I rely on this thread for fun and motivation. I don’t think you’ll ever know how much you have all helped motivate me.

My diet and exercise has gone out of the window, the binge monster is well and truly in situ and my brain is telling me all sorts of horrible things, about how fat and unfit I am, and always will be, and theres little point trying. And no matter how much weight I lose, my boyfriend will still never love me and I’ll never be able to climb the mountain and blah blah blah blah.

I look in the mirror and I hate what I see. I’m so fat and just can’t see how I’m going to get it off. And I know binge eating isn’t going to help, but I seem totally incapable of controlling it.

There’s a bit of an issue going on between my boyfriend and I. We need to address it, but I am avoiding the issue. Because, irrational me says he’s going to tell me all the things I don’t want to hear (that I believe about myself). So the poor guy has been getting a really hard time, for something I *think* he might say. I’m not being very grown up about things at the moment.

Most of the problem is I have not been taking my anti-depressants properly. I miss lots of days at a time, and that is obviously contributing to the blackness. Rationally I know I can fix that. I have reminders on my phone and email to take it, but I mostly just ignore them. I don’t know why. I know they help.

And just to make another excuse, theres a lot going on. My mum has cancer and is having her operation today. Her recovery time means I need to be home to have Charlie (2yo nephew) a lot more, which interferes with my life a bit, and well just excuses really. I feel overwhelmed with everything.

I’m sorry to dump this all on you, but a couple of people here told me it might help to get it out. And a big thank you to those of you who messaged me to check in: @pofoster21, @girldownsouth and @nonoelmo @Lois_1989. I really did appreciate it, and it was nice to think people noticed and cared enough to send a note. I hope I can remember to do the same for others.

I am trying to remember that today is a new day and all I can do is try. And some advice given to me in a message was that you will be able to help me with that. And I know its true. As a support group, you lot are amazing.

Sometimes I think about not checking in/posting here but like you, I like reading this thread and it does make me feel better. I think that I'm complaining here too much and I don't want to bring anyone down. It is just nice to have someone to talk to sometimes. Please know that at least someone here cares about you and doesn't mind if you vent (I read everything here and I will listen if you need someone).

I am so down right now that it is hard to find reasons to keep going sometimes.

I'm so sorry about everything you are going through. I hope your mom gets through everything okay. That is really scary. I am also sorry you are having issues with your boyfriend as well. I'm right there with you on that one. (HUGS) If your meds help, make sure you are taking them!!!

No, you don't complain too much and I'm really happy you're still here and still posting! Keep doing it. I hope it will help you in some way.

@orangesmartie, I'm very sorry for all of your struggles, but I'm also really glad that you updated us and are still with us. You were missed!

I second this! You dont complain too much at all, I'm the same, reading this thread definitely makes me feel better if I'm having a rough day, I'm not sure why.

Confession for this evening; my parents called me earlier to let me know they're having the family dog put down soon. My natural reaction when upset is usually to curl up under a duvet and eat lots of sugary comfort food, but I'm trying to resist. I know it's only a dog, and in comparison to what a lot of you all are going through it seems really trivial, but it still sucks. Our dog is the first 'proper' pet I've had (aside from goldfish and pet rats when I was really young), and I grew up with her. Still, at least she's lived to the ripe old age of 15!

It's not only a dog. You grew up with her and loved her.

You're allowed to grieve.

But good for you for resisting the duvet.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    About Big Brother. I've been watching it the past few years. Every year, I say I'm not going to watch it because it's so silly. Then, summer comes and there is absolutely nothing else on TV and I get sucked into it anyway.

Well this year you HAVE to watch so you can discuss it with us!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Jonas1058 wrote: »
    Jonas1058 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Did anyone else find one of the recent confessions super creepy? Not quoting it because no judgement, but I confess I am totally judging that!

I think I know which one you're talking about....agreed.

I must be clueless because I have NO IDEA which one it is lol

I wouldn't worry about it most don't - it's just one of those group dynamic things we always see on FB. Someone always has to be put down for someone else to feel better. The fact that you don't get it is probably a good thing.

Disagree. I think every person who read that confession found it creepy. And quite illegal if the person who posted it acted on it.

Whatever it was - if it was illegal then you should report it to the mods on this forum or take it upon yourself to report it to the police. Gossiping about it or labelling it 'creepy' just makes people paranoid and encourages nothing but hatred. In any case no one knows who or what someone else may or may not have done from an online post, we only like to think we do.

:|
    Wow
    Just, wow
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Where's @Susieq_1994 with all her pictures of baked goods?

She's been venturing out in other threads lately. Or maybe she has all along and I finally noticed? Anyway, she's been around today I'm pretty sure.

It's funny, because I just noticed this, too. Every time I see her post, I'm like "Go SusieQ!".