Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• panda_butt
    panda_butt Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I like to eat little bits of kerrygold butter by itself. Haha.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

I make them with chocolate chips! And top them with seedless strawberry jam and real whipped cream!! Oh, its been too long!!

I can expect some when?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    About Big Brother. I've been watching it the past few years. Every year, I say I'm not going to watch it because it's so silly. Then, summer comes and there is absolutely nothing else on TV and I get sucked into it anyway.

I didn't watch it initially & just thought it sounded idiotic. Then I watched Season 4 for the reasons you described above, got hooked & have watched every season since.

So funny that what happens on the feeds & the network show are 2 very different versions of the same chain of events, hah. Can't decide if I want to keep up with the feeds this year, or just watch the show.

(I'm not one of those people that actually WATCH the feeds, but there are a couple of really good recap sites that tell you the story behind the story. As I'm sure most you know.)

I watched part of the feeds last year for the first time, but they are so boring. I won't be doing that again.

I've always heard that people can tell who gets the hero edits & who gets an evil edit based on the live feeds. I remember people complaining about Jeff getting a good edit when he was basically a jerk on the live feeds.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    kellypence wrote: »
    So, actual confession instead of potty talk.

I don't like people. I mean, really. And that is just my brain's excuse for what is essentially a cross between being a true introvert and a social anxiety disorder. Anyway, my husband's old group of friends (ie, he hasn't seen any of them in the 10 years we've been together) is getting together on Sat for a "goodbye party" for one of them who's moving and tracked him down and invited us to the party. I don't wanna go (said in a pouty/whiny voice). My husband wants to go to an outdoor movie Sat night (which isn't my thing...see introvert/social anxiety above), and then Sun (Father's day) we're going to the track for a big get together with a group of friends (see introvert status). Next Fri we're going to my family's for a week to help my parents with the house (I love my family best for short visits, or from a distance). So last night I told him all this, and pretty much laid it on him....if it's really important to you, I'll go, but these reasons are why I'd rather not. I feel a little guilty, 'cause he's an extrovert and actually likes hanging out with people, but not really.

This is exactly me. Like, every word. Except that my husband is even more introverted, so we're happy homebodies. :) Our families don't appreciate this. Apparently we're supposed to encourage each other to visit more often... Or something.

@LBuehrle8 I'm around! I'm just really, really tired today and pretty much laid around doing absolutely nothing. I have terrible insomnia and I haven't slept properly in a week, as mentioned earlier. As for the baked goods... My husband and I ate them all without taking pictures! :o I made chocolate chip cookies, the same ones I posted in the thread with that suggestion of mac and cheese... I was very craven. ;)

@BZAH10 I do venture into threads often, as long as they don't look like dumpster fire threads--I don't participate in those because I don't want to be caught in the cross fire. :)

It was nice to be asked about! It's currently 2.54 AM and fasting starts in 20 minutes. I've had my suhoor (pre-fasting meal) already... Still can't sleep. :-/ Tomorrow's gonna be a ball. Well, today actually. *sigh*
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

I don't like people. I mean, really. And that is just my brain's excuse for what is essentially a cross between being a true introvert and a social anxiety disorder. Anyway, my husband's old group of friends (ie, he hasn't seen any of them in the 10 years we've been together) is getting together on Sat for a "goodbye party" for one of them who's moving and tracked him down and invited us to the party. I don't wanna go (said in a pouty/whiny voice). My husband wants to go to an outdoor movie Sat night (which isn't my thing...see introvert/social anxiety above), and then Sun (Father's day) we're going to the track for a big get together with a group of friends (see introvert status). Next Fri we're going to my family's for a week to help my parents with the house (I love my family best for short visits, or from a distance). So last night I told him all this, and pretty much laid it on him....if it's really important to you, I'll go, but these reasons are why I'd rather not. I feel a little guilty, 'cause he's an extrovert and actually likes hanging out with people, but not really.

This is exactly me. Like, every word. Except that my husband is even more introverted, so we're happy homebodies. :) Our families don't appreciate this. Apparently we're supposed to encourage each other to visit more often... Or something.

@LBuehrle8 I'm around! I'm just really, really tired today and pretty much laid around doing absolutely nothing. I have terrible insomnia and I haven't slept properly in a week, as mentioned earlier. As for the baked goods... My husband and I ate them all without taking pictures! :o I made chocolate chip cookies, the same ones I posted in the thread with that suggestion of mac and cheese... I was very craven. ;)

@BZAH10 I do venture into threads often, as long as they don't look like dumpster fire threads--I don't participate in those because I don't want to be caught in the cross fire. :)

It was nice to be asked about! It's currently 2.54 AM and fasting starts in 20 minutes. I've had my suhoor (pre-fasting meal) already... Still can't sleep. :-/ Tomorrow's gonna be a ball. Well, today actually. *sigh*

...I have no idea how it auto corrected to craven. Well, I do. It originally said CRAVEY, which isn't an actual word, sooo... ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I confess that when I start reading posts/stories about people struggling to pay for college, or when I see a post/story about some huge medical bill or substandard medical care because insurance, I get my judgey pants on. People should be able to go to university, regardless of background. People should be able to get access to medical care without having to have a certain type of insurance. People should be able to go to school, work, the freaking ice rink, without having to worry about being shot. Why is this so hard?

/rant also because getting judgey about a whole other country is a bit silly.

I'm judging right with you, and I live in that country too..
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

You're a great part of the thread! I'm sorry you're having so much trouble sleeping, I'd give you some of my sleepiness if I could as I have plenty to go around!

I so admire you for your religion and keeping so strict to Ramadan :)

Confession: I've never fasted in my life though there were supposed to be times for my religion I should have :/
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    @Tubbs216 you know the thread hero moniker might stck. I always look forward to your captions!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/

I am quite known for telling people that raisins "do not belong in food."

I do have a bag of the super tiny boxes in my office though. They're good for blood sugar headaches. Stupid raisins.

My mom always put raisins in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. I love it and thought everybody did that until the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my husband. He was like "what the hell is this?!". LMAO 11 years later and he still fears the raisins.

Hahaha I can just see it. I don't mind raisins but I like my dishes better without them, honestly, given the choice.

Family/friends always wanted me to do the stuffing-with-raisins thing, which revolts me. But I found a way around it. I started making a jalapeno corn bread stuffing instead. Everyone loved it, and there's no question that raisins wouldn't work in it, so nobody asks for the damned things now.

I do love other dried fruits in combination with both sweet and savory dishes, though - apples, apricots, pineapple, mango - there are so many lovely choices.

A few years ago my grandmother told me she puts liver in her stuffing & then takes it out when it's done cooking & I could've went my whole life without knowing that.

She also makes the worst tasting pumpkin pie. She basically just takes a can of pumpkin & puts it in a crust & doesn't add any seasonings. Disgusting!
  • Ralphone
    Ralphone Posts: 1,836 Member
    Options
    today i ate 4 donuts then ran 4 to counter act it .lol i real wanted to eat so i did
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I did it. I messaged my stepdaughter. This is what I said.

"You need to message your dad. He needs to talk to you, but you haven't returned his text message. Also, Sunday is Father's Day and I didn't know if you were planning on being around."

It was probably not the nicest message, but it's a lot nicer than what I wanted to say which is this.

Come pick up your cat from hell, give me my key, get your stuff, and get out. You obviously don't want to be a part of our lives and I'm not going to be your storage unit and cat's caretaker anymore. Your dad has tried really hard to make sure you feel a part of our family, we all have, and you've done nothing but take advantage of that and I've had enough. Oh, and I expect you to have a check for $400 for your tags to your dad by Monday.

Every time I think about her and what's been going on, I get so angry and want to cry (that's probably more PMS) and I just hoped when she came into our lives, things would be so different. I'm sad now. :'(

How many times did you consider sending the second message and then erase it? If she didn't have the money for the tags, the car would have to stay at the house.

I never typed any part of the second message, I just thought it and have been for quite some time now.

My husband brought this up during our "discussion" (fight) last Friday. He asked if I wanted him to take the car away from her if she couldn't pay the tags, and I said no because then she wouldn't have any way to get to work. Although, that's not really my problem. I wasn't relying on other people when I was 19, I had a car that I paid for and was working AND going to college full time. I know she's not me, but she needs to learn some accountability and responsibility. I might make the suggestion that until she CAN pay for the tags, that he drive the car since it's in his name anyway.

I'm afraid that if I keep bringing this up to my husband, we'll have a terrible vacation and anniversary and I've waited 15 DAMN years for this and I REFUSE to let her ruin that for us. Why does she have to be such a selfish brat?!

Well, this has been going on for a while. No need to ruin vacation plans over it. I'd just ignore it as best you can. You both deserve your anniversary and vacation and nothing is going to change with the step-daughter in the next few weeks anyway, I'm guessing.

Nineteen is a tough age! Yes, they should be adults, but their brains are still developing and lack maturity. She will get better at some point, but probably not until her early 20's, IME. My kids all became normal humans again by 21 or so.

I disagree, honestly. I'm 20, and I've had to adult (yes, I'm using that as a verb. :p) since I was 14 or 15 years old, due to circumstances beyond my own control. The behavior of others my age frankly disgusts me sometimes--they're old enough to have some manners and consideration for the feelings of other people, they just don't want to bother.

Personal circumstances and situations can make a person grow up faster.

At my daughter's age, I had been living on my own for several years, working two jobs and trying to get pregnant.

My daughter can barely suck it up to work a summer job, help around the house a bit, and take on the stress of finding a place to live to go back to school in the fall.

Just for the record, she is rather selfish most of the time too.....it is a teenage girl thing, I am sure of it.....although I find at times she takes it to the extreme.

While I agree about circumstances and their effect on people, I don't think that's ever an excuse for being a self-centered, inconsiderate idiot to everyone around you. Sometimes I just want to smack people and yell "Have some manners!" or "Whatever you may actually think, the world DOESN'T revolve around you, and you didn't do anything to deserve to have your life handed to you on a silver platter!" That said... I'm actually an extremely polite person (to a fault) and would never do either of those things.

...But I really hate people with entitlement complexes. It may be a wee bit of a sore spot.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/

I am quite known for telling people that raisins "do not belong in food."

I do have a bag of the super tiny boxes in my office though. They're good for blood sugar headaches. Stupid raisins.

My mom always put raisins in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. I love it and thought everybody did that until the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my husband. He was like "what the hell is this?!". LMAO 11 years later and he still fears the raisins.

Hahaha I can just see it. I don't mind raisins but I like my dishes better without them, honestly, given the choice.

Family/friends always wanted me to do the stuffing-with-raisins thing, which revolts me. But I found a way around it. I started making a jalapeno corn bread stuffing instead. Everyone loved it, and there's no question that raisins wouldn't work in it, so nobody asks for the damned things now.

I do love other dried fruits in combination with both sweet and savory dishes, though - apples, apricots, pineapple, mango - there are so many lovely choices.

A few years ago my grandmother told me she puts liver in her stuffing & then takes it out when it's done cooking & I could've went my whole life without knowing that.

She also makes the worst tasting pumpkin pie. She basically just takes a can of pumpkin & puts it in a crust & doesn't add any seasonings. Disgusting!

This cracked me up!
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    irenehb wrote: »
    I confess, this thread is bascially chit chat more than confessions.

The mods disagree with you. It lasted only a few hours in chit chat before being moved back here.

Still, none the less truthful a simple observation and confession.
    You folks are really sensitive about your thread.
    So much for 'No Judgement'

Carry on.

Like Planet Fitness, "judgement" is subjective.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Where's @Susieq_1994 with all her pictures of baked goods?

She's been venturing out in other threads lately. Or maybe she has all along and I finally noticed? Anyway, she's been around today I'm pretty sure.

It's funny, because I just noticed this, too. Every time I see her post, I'm like "Go SusieQ!".

That makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! I tend to keep a lookout for all the regular posters in here when I'm in other threads as well, actually, and usually can predict their responses because I've learned so much about them in here!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

She's been venturing out in other threads lately. Or maybe she has all along and I finally noticed? Anyway, she's been around today I'm pretty sure.

It's funny, because I just noticed this, too. Every time I see her post, I'm like "Go SusieQ!".

Me too! I think the same thing and sometimes want to post something like that there but then remember that'd be derailing the thread and no one else would understand so I don't :)
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

Me too! I think the same thing and sometimes want to post something like that there but then remember that'd be derailing the thread and no one else would understand so I don't :)

That's what I think too!!

You guys are making me blush! That's so nice of all of you! I don't even know what to say. :o
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
    I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

*Runs out to find this*

Wait for me.

Would I be universally despised if I admitted that I don't like Ben & Jerry's? I tried one of their flavors just because everyone seems to rave about them (I paid 15 dollars for it, people!!), and it was honestly pretty disappointing. :-/

My favorite brand of ice cream is London Dairy. I love pretty much ALL of their flavours. Mmmmm.

What flavour did you try?

Susie, do you have Talenti in Saudi Arabia?

Sadly, no. *sniffle* Although, considering the price of Ben & Jerry's here, Talenti might be way beyond my budget even if it was. :-/

Boo! Have you ever tried to make your own? I still can't believe you have to pay $15.00 for ice cream. I wish we could mail you guys some:(.

At least I have my beloved London Dairy! It is a little expensive, but more like 5 dollars than 15. :) We do have some local brands, but they taste kind of cheap, and the imported stuff like Ben & Jerry's, Haagen Daz (sp?), Fregento, Skinny Cow, Breyers, and others are really out of this world expensive.

But that's okay, because London Dairy is amazing. And they have a Speculoos biscuit flavor. Mmmmm. <3
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    irenehb wrote: »
    I confess, this thread is bascially chit chat more than confessions.

The mods disagree with you. It lasted only a few hours in chit chat before being moved back here.

Claiming what the mods agree or disagree with is hardly a defense. See link for their own stated rules for this particular sub forum.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10041098/welcome-to-the-myfitnesspal-community#latest
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking that maybe you guys were flagged because someone thought they were hitting the quote button but accidentally hit flag? Can that happen? I can't think of another reason because your posts haven't been very scandalous. Unless you're a couple of mischievous rascals in other threads. :lol: Also, are you told if you've been flagged? I'm curious to see if I have any, but I'm guessing I would know if I did.

I almost did that to someone else when I was trying to quote them so at the very least it is almost possible.

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    easyrun99 wrote: »
    I only wear boxer shorts...and they have to color coordinate with my shirt
    I approve of your sartorial choices.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    panda_butt wrote: »
    Sometimes I like to eat little bits of kerrygold butter by itself. Haha.
    Yeah, I could totally do this, if it was very cold. I really love butter.