Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    What does it matter where the thread is. If you don't like it don't go in to it. What exactly is the point of continually lurking groups or threads you disagree with.

I love your profile photo! So cute! Is that your kitty??

Thanks, yes her name is Emme, she's much bigger now, she was only three months there
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Anyone else read Dear Prudence? I'm a little behind on it, and catching up I saw this question: http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence/2015/06/dear_prudence_my_fiance_is_obsessed_with_a_fat_shaming_website.html I think it's referencing that horrible Reddit thing people were talking about recently. A woman is asking for advice because her fiance wont stop looking at a fat shaming website.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    Confession: I've been such a horrible depression cycle for the past two weeks, work and life is just weighing me down. I rage quit my job yesterday but now I'm here, I love my job but my mental health right now isn't supportive of the job. I'm now stuck between do I stay and wait it out (mental healthwise) or do I stay and look to move on asap?

I'm confused. Did you quit or not?

I verbally quit yesterday but I've gotten texts and calls since then from my boss asking me to reconsider, I'm planning on meeting with him within the next few days to discuss. So what it comes down to is will things get better or will they stay the same? If nothing changes then I am job searching.

I say keep the job until you find something better. Gotta pay the bills. Also, if you haven't already, go see a doctor for help with your depression.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    We decided to have a little White Trash Date Night last night and went to Red Lobster. My husband and I both worked at the Olive Garden when we were nineteen or so, and occasionally we get cravings for those stupid cheese biscuits that cannot be denied (a souvenir of the illicit parking-lot trades we used to do with the RL servers: bags of breadsticks for bags of biscuits.)

I can't believe we still eat that garbage once a year, but it was kind of fun anyway. It feels like returning to 1995 every time you walk inside. And every drink on the drink menu is sweet and slushy. And everything comes frozen out of a bag and then fried. It's so bizarre! But the less said about the clientele, the better (because, uh, no judgement....but wow. I mean, I get that it's a terrible restaurant and all, but are your cartoon-themed pyjamas really the appropriate sartorial choice for being out in public? They look great with your trucker hat and stained, white-with-no-bra tank top though...)

Bizarro-world, man.

Sound to me like the Wal-Mart of restaurants :p

What's funny to me is that the Red Lobster restaurant is considered a really upscale, super fancy restaurant here. We went there ONE time, just to try it, and spent almost 150 USD on our dinner. O.o If that's low-class, I can't afford to be high class!

That IS funny. Here they have a real reputation as, like....hillbilly fine dining. A lot of jokes get made because of the whole "People of Walmart" vibe. When we worked at the Olive Garden we could be pretty cruel about it in the kitchen, which I feel kinda bad about...but then when we now go to eat Cheddar Bay biscuits and deep-fried coconut shrimp and see people changing their babies on the table and saying things like "Gross, it smells like fish or something in here!" or yelling at the servers to bring them another Budweiser, we remember why we made so much fun back in the day as we glopped premade alfredo sauce out of a 10 gallon bucket onto everything.

But they are definitely not expensive here, either...my husband got something hilariously called the "Admiral's Feast" last night that came with a starter salad, lobster, crab legs, shrimp, and two sides and it was like $30 and one of the most expensive things on the menu. For comparison, where we live, a steak at a mid-priced chain (not a fine-dining kind of place but not bottom of the barrel) can easily run that same price or up to about $40, and a burger at a sit-down, inexpensive diner kind of place will often be around $15.

It's just a weird, anachronistic kind of place, at least here, a weird holdout from the 90s with gross carpet and vaguely sticky menus.

I worked at OG too in the very late 90's. It was my first restaurant/bar gig. Endless soup, salad, and breadsticks...shoot me now! After that I worked in sports bars where my sarcasm and five year old sense of humor were appreciated!
  • nyrgrrlfan
    nyrgrrlfan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I hope I'm posting this correctly...I had a bingefest of pickle spears in the middle of the night last night...i still recorded them, but I now am in the negative for sodium for the rest of the day...
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I'm back in sunny Devon. My mum is sleeping, so I'm sitting in a cafe watching my car get valeted (detailed for our pond cousins). its a very weird treat,but the state of my car inside was getting me down.

Despite everything, I'm feeling a lot better today, I think its the combination of sunshine and singing cheesy songs for 200 miles.

I like being part of this community, even though I never met any of you. Somewhere safe to chat and vent and confess to all my horrible shameful binges and not feel alone or like no one understands

WELCOME BAAAAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK! We missed you!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?

I guess she was from the 1994 in her handle...are you turning the big 2-1 this year?!

That I am, in October. Although it's not really a big thing for me, since 21 is usually only a big date because people are legal drinkers then. :) Although I DO become eligible to apply for a free government-issued piece of land, the right of every Omani citizen, when I turn 21. ;)

I assumed it was your birthdate as well but never thought much about how old that made you. How long have you been married? And is it normal for a Muslim woman to be married that young? And to something you said a long time ago (before I got so behind) you are very mature for your age. :)

Not necessarily Muslim women, but Arab women, yes. Early marriage is encouraged in Islam, since extramarital relationships are forbidden and it's pretty hard for most people to remain celibate for so many years after puberty. But the average age of marriage is different in each culture, and not necessarily dictated by religion.

A sad fact: The age of marriage is getting higher in the Arab world only because most young men can no longer afford to get married. Fathers are demanding crazy-high dowries (a girl is eligible for a dowry in Islam, and she is the one who's supposed to pick it and the money/gift is supposed to be hers alone, but some selfish families demand high dowries and then the father keeps it, saying that it's his payback for all the years of taking care of his daughter. Yes, seriously. -_-), along with demands of gold jewellery, a huge wedding, a new wardrobe... And all of it is supposed to come out of the young man's pockets. This is very contrary to Islam's teachings and makes me quite angry; most men have to take a loan just to get married!

My father demanded a 6000 ($16000) Omani rial dowry (meant to be mine, he wouldn't touch the money), because he didn't want to look bad by "giving his daughter away cheaply" <--- Another stupid cultural thing. But since Islamically the dowry is my choice... I took the 6000 for the sake of appearance to appease my dad, then secretly returned every penny of it to my husband after the wedding was over. I also had a super tiny wedding and insisted on paying for it myself, with any money I had left from my years of working (I had to stop due to my FND, but I've worked since I was 15). I also refused new clothing/jewellery/etc. I find it so stupid and wasteful.

I've been married for 1.5 years, as you'll see as you get further back into the thread. ;)

You're so good about sharing your culture. I just want to say thanks for that.

I'm just happy that people don't find me boring for always talking about both my culture and religion! ;) You're very welcome. :)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Anyone else read Dear Prudence? I'm a little behind on it, and catching up I saw this question: http://www.slate.com/articles/life/dear_prudence/2015/06/dear_prudence_my_fiance_is_obsessed_with_a_fat_shaming_website.html I think it's referencing that horrible Reddit thing people were talking about recently. A woman is asking for advice because her fiance wont stop looking at a fat shaming website.

I did read that one. Guess the woman doesn't have any more problems since the site got shut down. :D
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    In the interest of staying on track on this thread...

Confession: I have gained 16 pounds since I started this job in November. Granted it's a desk job, and I came from a fairly active job where I was on my feet a lot. This morning I was down two pounds from my current highest weight. However, my MFP weight is still lower than where I am currently, so I can't log the loss. And that makes me a little sad. :'(

I have also been working SL 5X5s since November. I'm starting to feel strong! Last night I did 190 lbs on my squat, tried for 75 pounds on my OHP (but couldn't finish all my reps on the last set), and 215 on my deadlift. Lost my grip on the last deadlift. I think I need some deadlifting gloves to help my grip. I am going to be trying 120 pounds on my bench press tomorrow night, and 105 on my rows. I <3 lifting!

You're freaking awesome! Have you lost any in measurements?

Oh no, there is no loss going on! LOL. I've been calling it my "bulk cycle" even though it's not.

Yeah, but your strength gains are amazing! So jealous!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I like being friends with the people from this thread.

Because I know nobody will put their judgy pants on when they see my diary. ;)

I never put judgy pants on when I see diaries! I understand what it's like to struggle, and plus I just get jealous when it's full of yums... :p But yours is private, I can't even see it even though we're friends--so nobody can put judgy pants on at all! ;)

I thought I had unlocked that for friends. I will fix it.

Thanks.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    nyrgrrlfan wrote: »
    I hope I'm posting this correctly...I had a bingefest of pickle spears in the middle of the night last night...i still recorded them, but I now am in the negative for sodium for the rest of the day...

Mmmm, pickles! Drink a bunch of water. It could have been much, much worse.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    SusieQ Thank you for the update. I agree with their point to a point - Not everything is perfectly cut and dry and my guess is there has been consideration and potentially discussion on where this thread belongs that has not been (nor does it need to be) shared with any of us.

I'm probably not going to be around for 4 - 5 days although I may have time to check in on Saturday. I hope everyone has a nice weekend!

We'll miss you. Hope you enjoy your weekend as well. How's your daughter doing?

Thank you and Bueller :wink:

I'm off to a nice trip with SO, a mini vacation to Chicago and Madison. Thank you for asking. Daughter is so-so today. Overall she is much better, just last night we butted heads a little bit. She and I are both very articulate so we can debate a long time. Nutritionist gave us what I feel is wacky advice (i.e. drink less water -- Really?!? she runs and it is HOT here. She does not drink too much water that I've noticed, and if the nutritionist has listened to what my daughter said then she would see that there is virtually no chance that the water is causing the issues. The only other advice was some super expensive supplements. I'm going to do some research of the medical journals and talk to daughter's doctor because at this point I don't see any continued benefit from this nutritionist and I do see some potential for harm. However, diligent research scientist that I am, I will go in once I've educated myself with the latest medical journal studies on such things as they apply to teen girls - and I will also look into the funding of the study and the reputation of the authors of the study. Yeah, I get that way when I want information.)

I hope all are well. I am mentally offering support and encouragement to those who need it, laughing with the funnies, and overall loving this group, just need to focus a lot on work today so I won't be able to reply anywhere near as often as I'd like. :smile:

What are you doing while in Madison? That where I live :)

Also want to add that I think you are an amazing mom!

+1

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Oh, I am such a bad mother! My son is in the middle of diploma exams - I checked the calendar a dozen times and wrote down that his last two exams are on Monday. Got a call from the school at 9.34 saying that he should be in an exam right now and that they'd let him in if he got there by 10.00. I hauled him out of bed and thrust the car keys in his hand. He should be able to get there on time. I'm shaking. How could I have messed up so badly? :'(
    And now I feel worse because my husband asked why I didn't drive him to school. I don't know why - I should have, I was just in such a panic I wasn't thinking straight.

Not judging, but if he's old enough to drive...why isn't he keeping his own exam schedule?

I kinda thought that, too. (But not judging!)
    Special needs kid. Not good at organising himself. Trusts his useless loving, helpful (who can't do it all, sometimes makes mistakes, but will always try her best) mother to do it for him.
    I called the school and he did get there in time. So he wasn't prepared, but at least he's there.

Fixed that for you!

Good "repair job", BZAH10! Even special needs kids can learn to be more organized and on time...it just takes a LOT more work to get them there.

Thanks! Yes, yes they can be taught and I believe @Tubbs216 is doing a great job. The hardest part? As a mom learning to let go and give them more control. Constant struggle for me.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    @Glinda1971 I did, but it doesn't count as an insomnia victory when the sun is already up! :p I woke up about an hour ago, so I only have 5.5 hours of fasting left.

I would sleep through the fasting period everyday B)

That's actually an interesting thought.

@Susieq_1994, is it still dawn to dusk for people who work overnights, and get to sleep during daylight hours? (Do people even work nights there? ;))

Yes, it's dawn to dusk no matter what or when you sleep--And if you work at night and have to sleep during the day, there isn't any fault on you. Although in Islam, it is preferred to work daytime hours if you can, because in the Quran it states that night is for rest and day is for waking. However, it can't be avoided that some jobs do have to be done at night, and there isn't any fault on the people who have to do that kind of work--someone has to do it! (Like security work, for example. You can't just leave everything unguarded at night so people can all sleep at night! ;))

Yes, people work nights here. :) We have 24 hours restaurants, grocery stores, and security jobs.

I think that work be a pretty sweet deal for those 30 days. Not so much the rest of the year. I absolutely DESPISED working nights.

I feel for people working nights who don't enjoy it. On Black Friday or shall I call it Dark Thursday we work 12 hour shifts at Wal-Mart since it's so nuts & usually by the end I am ready to fall asleep.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    pmad37 wrote: »
    I am ready to give up entirely. Having a cruddy day, cruddy week, and cannot seem to find my control again

Whatever you do, do NOT give up. Vent yourself here and we will help out if we can. We can at least give you a place to get it off your chest.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options

I did read that one. Guess the woman doesn't have any more problems since the site got shut down. :D

I'm so glad they shut it down. People can be so horrible.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Confession: I ate nearly 4000 calories yesterday. Mostly in bread and cookies. Ugh.

Anyhow, it's prayer time and the fast has started--I'm off to pray and then maybe get some sleep (I hope).

@ndj1979 True and true, but that's okay. We don't mind being wrong when it feels so right. :smiley: Although there are quite a lot of confessions in these 959 pages, if you care to browse for them.

eh - my confession - not sure how this would be helpful to newbies as it appears to be a collection of gifs, notes on tv series, and other things, while I am sure are fun to discuss, I fail to see their utility to someone new to weight loss.

I think it's here in the General section because a lot of people feel free to ask questions in here that often get blasted into dumpster fire threads under normal circumstances. A bit like the restaurant-related questions you mentioned in that post of yours... The forums are a scary place for newbies. The "No judgment" in the topic line seems to attract a lot of them, actually.

What you see right now isn't what the thread is like all the time--it's actually evolving constantly since it's so active. Since a lot of us have been here from the beginning, we do often just chit chat all together, but confessions and questions still pour in a lot.
    Agreed. And since this is a really supportive, safe zone, I honestly think a lot of people have been helped back from the verge of falling off the wagon by discussing their struggles here. Or had a helping hand back on when they have fallen. To be honest, I don't really care where this thread is, as long as it doesn't get nuked.

Same here, which is why I do kind of wonder why everyone jumps on the posters who dare to ask why it's in this particular section. Wouldn't it make more sense to explain all that before telling them to go away? :D

I don't understand why others are so offended by this thread? Apparently many more people than we knew or thought lurk and read every so often.

any other thread that was as off topic as this one would of been locked down by page 15….

just saying..

so the special status is interesting.

Good point... Maybe we're all special snowflakes. ;)

Actually, I think the mods like the positivity and support that this thread continually generates, and since confessions still do pile in daily (and we don't judge them! Most of the time.), we're somewhat on topic. It would be pretty dumb to pull this thread when it's going so well--not that they don't lock down threads for dumb reasons pretty often.

there is plenty of support in the main forums, it just is not sugar coated.

I'd agree there is support in the main forums but the reality is not everyone is as thick skinned as you or I. This thread keeps the people (who would throw the towel in the bucket because they didn't like the deliverance on the main forums) coming back and maybe learning more about weight loss. May be a bit slower but better late than never.
    Right, although they may also have to learn how to properly size a bra, make flapjacks or change the transmission on a Jeep Wranger on the way.

great, but last time I checked it was not a site designed for any of those things. And people are always being chastised to "stay on topic"….
    FWIW, I do understand what you're saying, but the fact is we're on topic enough of the time.

sorry, but based on a browse of the last ten pages or so that does not appear to be the case.

topic.jpg

Not sure what that link was but I got blocked at work and a security warning! Yikes!

Just a picture that says "Stay on topic, stay on topic!!" :) In relation to a conversation that was had much earlier in the thread...
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I'm scared to go to lunch; this thread is hoppin' today. But I'm gonna go get my walk in anyway.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I wish I had the bod of Rosa Acosta! !! Yeah I know I probably never will but before I stuff my face w cupcakes or want to junk food out next time, I'm going to visualize her body w my head. Lol

So I had to google that name. Wooo lawdhammercy!

Me too. and I agree.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to take a break from logging for a little while, I'm so overwhelmed right now with everything.

The good news is, I have a doctor's appointment July 9th, so hopefully I'll get some help.

Raelynn had a 3 year old checkup on Monday, and her pediatrician is referring us for services through the school district for her. (Special needs, SPD and Anxiety) I'm glad someone is finally listening!

I'll still be here checking in, and once things get better I'll try to start logging again. Y'all are more than welcome to add me as well, I'd love to have y'all as friends!