Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, my birthday is tomorrow and all I can think about is having my most favorite meal EVER out at my favorite restaurant! I'm really hoping that they have this AMAZING dessert that they used to serve. It's a piece of cake (your choice of a bunch of flavors) wrapped in a flour tortilla, fried up, and sprinkled with either cocoa or cinnamon. Then they top it with either honey or hot fudge, ice cream, and whipped cream! Holy Mother of deliciousness! One time we went they said they weren't serving it anymore...but the next time we went, it was on the menu again. Anyway, I'm just really hoping it's there tomorrow. It kept me up last night. Sad, so sad.
    But seriously, I CAN'T WAIT! If they don't have that dessert, I plan on having a very large serving of ice cream for dessert. I fully plan on murdering my calorie goal for tomorrow BUT I will still do my workout in the morning. :)

I hope you have an awesome birthday!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    So, my birthday is tomorrow and all I can think about is having my most favorite meal EVER out at my favorite restaurant! I'm really hoping that they have this AMAZING dessert that they used to serve. It's a piece of cake (your choice of a bunch of flavors) wrapped in a flour tortilla, fried up, and sprinkled with either cocoa or cinnamon. Then they top it with either honey or hot fudge, ice cream, and whipped cream! Holy Mother of deliciousness! One time we went they said they weren't serving it anymore...but the next time we went, it was on the menu again. Anyway, I'm just really hoping it's there tomorrow. It kept me up last night. Sad, so sad.
    But seriously, I CAN'T WAIT! If they don't have that dessert, I plan on having a very large serving of ice cream for dessert. I fully plan on murdering my calorie goal for tomorrow BUT I will still do my workout in the morning. :)

Yum! Happy early birthday!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    If y'all bail, make sure I make it! I've had this bookmarked forever and don't have any problems finding it.

SAME.

We can just tell everyone--To the Batcave!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Oh all the cat talk makes me sad as I cannot have any- I'm allergic :'(

I am too. I actually had 10 years of weekly shots to get rid of the allergies. It didn't totally work, and I still need to use allergy meds if I end up with cat hair in my eye (it gets red and itchy), but it's bearable. I can't imagine not having cats. It's actually one of the reasons I'm sorta glad I never got a biological child, I would be heartbroken if I had a kid allergic to cats.

Honestly if it was up to me I'd have more cats, the only thing stopping me really is that I don't want them to go outside, but my cat goes outside still (and pees everywhere if we don't let her for longer than a week), so I can't get another cat right now anyway (well, and I guess my husband wouldn't be too happy about it either).

I managed to get rid of my dog allergies that way though, but I'm still badly allergic to everything else with hair (rabbits, horses etc). I can't even go in a carriage or I end up with a bad asthma attack. It makes me sad because I've always loved horses.
  • bjaune
    bjaune Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I can't poop! Yep its gross and painful! My doctor has me on prescription miralax and at first It worked, but now its back to once a week. It gets uncomfortable because there comes a point my stomach gets big and my pants don't fit.
    I drink water like a fish and run at least 3 days a week (I am tri training now)
    But still.....
    I tried to not eat red meat during lent, hoping that would alleviate the pains. Nothing. :(
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I blame the kardashians
    Good plan. I blame them for as much as possible.

And that Kanye guy.

I've decided those two are going to name their son Easton. Easton West.

That woman is pregnant AGAIN?! Don't we have enough of those people already?!

This whole convo made me snort out loud laughing...

You just KNOW it'll be something ridiculous like Sky or Easton or Star or Kompass... And to be fair, I actually do think the name North/Nori is cute. Just not with West.

So I wonder if they're clever enough to use "The North remembers" if the kid finds where they hide the candy.

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I'm on a cereal kick right now :) It cannot be helped.

I cannot wait until my sister brings me that PB Captain Crunch next weekend!!

... Will she bring me some, too?

I confess that I've been using stories about your awesome Rodent Boy to try to confess my husband to buy me either a rat, a mouse, a hamster, a chinchilla, a gerbil.... Anything tiny and cute. :D I WANT A CUDDLY RODENT. >.<
  • todayiwillshyne
    todayiwillshyne Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Holla4mom wrote: »
    ketorach wrote: »
    Sometimes, I eat in bed and don't even remember. I wake up in the morning wondering why I'm not hungry, and then, I'm sad when I remember.
    This use to happen to me periodically (okay every night) and I put a lock on the pantry/ refrigerator when it's time for me to go to bed. I couldn't stand seeing a whole day of planful eating go down the drain when I would wake up to empty chip bags and cookie cartons:/
    this was a nightly problem for me.1-get checked for sleep apnea. 2-make sure you have had enough protein for the day, I try for 60 grams a day. 3- don't skip on dinner. 4- this really helps, drink a glass of skim milk before bed with a calcium pill.

the milk should help with hunger,also can have a protein drink. I use muscle milk sugar free or unjury.
    rotsaruck 2 u
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    I wonder why this thread is so hard to find suddenly!!

I am leaving for work now and hoping today is a good day!

Yesterday sucked!

I got lost running an errand for my son (he got his grad hoodie for next year Monday and his name was spelled wrong, so had to find the uniform shop and get it fixed).....then we realized his bike was stolen, he just recently bought it and it is his transportation to and from work, so he had to walk yesterday, and today. Then I missed my gym time because as I was heading there, the office staff at my building called me and told me another bike had been stolen and asked me to see if I could come and view the video....that took a while and we saw nothing actually.

I feel bad for my son :(

Work is stressful right now too, kind of a long story, but we had a new girl that only worked about two months and now is off sick for an 'undetermented' amount of time, so they are replacing her and her husband came in Monday while I was there and freaked out on my boss....I do not generally work on Tuesdays but my boss text me and said this is becoming a bit of a nightmare. I have known her husband for years and now things are awkward, and I got her the job for him......my boss is cool, she knows I could not have known, but the whole situation is just sucky and stressful.

Plus I am still not really speaking to my SO still, we are on week two.....so that just adds to the stress.

I am not going to let it ruin tonight though! Tonight is the only night in a long while that I will be home alone. My daughter is out of town visiting a friend and my son is working. My daughter keeps getting straight day shifts, which is strange for a 19 year old working at tourist attractions that are open all night...and she is a new hire....over all it is great because she can rely on the bus which is obviously much cheaper than cabs etc, but it is seriously cutting into my alone time that over the last year I have gotten very used to! A year ago I never had alone time, but now I love it, lol.

So, tonight, I am going to indulge in a chicken bacon alfredo pizza from domino's and watch Big Brother! I figure I have about five hours of alone time after work before my son gets home....so I am gonna get everything done I need to do right away and then sit on the sofa and just bask in my aloneness lol.

Today is my day off logging so I am not worried about such things tonight, I am gonna eat super light during the day, just a light lunch and already did not eat much breakfast, but tonight I will eat pizza and my favorite Haagan Dazs chocolate peanut butter ice cream.....I am not even gonna have my phone on!

P.S. BB people, I am gonna go start the thread now, so don't forget to check there later!!

Have a great day everyone!

@Italian_Buju Sorry things are not great for you right but yay for getting alone time!! I hear it's a wonderful thing ;) I was also meaning to ask you how are you doing health wise? I remember you had a rough couple days last week

I will be watching for your BB thread! So excited!!

I am doing alright, thanks for asking! My health in general has just always kinda sucked. But there was just one day last week I ate an unbalanced breakfast and felt sick the rest of the day so that made me pissy. In general, I just have to be super on top of things, and make sure like I am well rested, eat properly, stay active and take all my daily meds and go to a million appts.....as long as I do all that, I can keep things -contained- for now anyway.

I got home at 4:30 from work, cleaned up and then I am not sure where most of the other time went, lol. It is almost 8pm now and I am just preheating the oven to warm up my pizza. I did have to waste an hour of my alone time napping, cuz I was so tired I was literally on this thread trying to read and doing the head bob, but I set my alarm for one hour so I would not waste my whole night!

Almost Big Brother time! Whoop whoop!

@Italian_Buju napping is NEVER a waste of time. EVER.

QFT :)
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Oh all the cat talk makes me sad as I cannot have any- I'm allergic :'(

I am too. I actually had 10 years of weekly shots to get rid of the allergies. It didn't totally work, and I still need to use allergy meds if I end up with cat hair in my eye (it gets red and itchy), but it's bearable. I can't imagine not having cats. It's actually one of the reasons I'm sorta glad I never got a biological child, I would be heartbroken if I had a kid allergic to cats.

I managed to get rid of my dog allergies that way though, but I'm still badly allergic to everything else with hair (rabbits, horses etc). I can't even go in a carriage or I end up with a bad asthma attack. It makes me sad because I've always loved horses.

Same here, I've had cats all my life and I'm allergic, although only mildly. I use a prescription nasal spray and that seems to work ok, unless I get the cat hair directly in my eyes or up my nose, and that's why I always keep Reactin on hand for emergencies. I react to some dogs but not others, it depends on the type of fur they have.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I tripped and fell during my run this morning. I am thankful that my dog showed geniune concern for me instead of laughing.

I fall all the time when I run. I don't pick my feet up enough. I have broken several walkman/discman over the years. Thank God for iPods. Although I did break my iPod when it fell off my waistband in a portapotty once. :(

I have banged my knees up and scraped my hands, but most of the damage was to the portable players.

Even if it hadn't broken, I wouldn't have been taking it with me. I HATE the portapotty. Ew.

I've actually lost a few phones by dropping them into toilets...
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    @Just_Ceci, not surprisingly, there are also men like that who are not vocal about it... or who are otherwise smart enough to 'keep it under wraps'... or who would seemingly only 'share' such crap with 'others of their kind' (a few of which I happened to (unfortunately) be physically close 'enough' to, one day, several years ago... and overheard... and they seemed to be oblivious to the fact that someone/anyone/I could hear them... they were medical students... and one of them was going to be starting his gynecology rotation the following week... and what I heard him say resulted in my from-that-day-forward disallowing any male medical student to ever be present for any gynecological anything that I would ever need done in any teaching facility... suffice it to say, his comments about what he looked forward to, with pelvic exams, was not something I'll ever forget)...

Ewww. Just... ewww.

I'm normally hugely supportive of medical education and students... I devote a considerable amount of volunteer time to the cause. My family doctor often has a resident and I've always permitted the resident to practice on me. I'll never forget the time a female resident was doing my physical and found a lump doing my breast exam (it turned out to be cyst tissue), she went scampering out of the room to fetch my doc so fast...

But, yeah. Going forward, don't think I'd be comfy with a male student or resident doing anything pelvic. I had naively thought they were all detached and professional.

Disagree about the detached professional part, especially in college students, of all people. I would never, ever go to a male gynecologist. I swear, I'd rather die of uterine cancer than go to one. I have serious suspicions on why any male would go into the practice of gynecology other than nasty reasons (even if they DO become detached and professional after having practiced gynecology for many years), especially now that there are plenty of female gynecologists to be found.

I've always looked at it like men go in for the OB part of the OBGYN because they want to be responsible for bringing babies into the world. Maybe that's just me. I actually had a male student perform my exam once (male doc also in the room) and he was 1) super nervous, and 2) super polite about the whole thing - he even thanked me for giving him a chance.

I've seen both male and female docs (I spent WAY too much time at that office for a while) and don't really have a preference. I had one male doc who was awesome (I moved), and one was was a total [male anatomy]. I also had a female doc who could have cared less what I had to say about anything. I'm quite unbiased about gender on this, which I realize makes me kind of weird.

I'm weird with you, then! I didn't join in on all the previous OB/GYN talk earlier, but mine is a male and he has been my doctor for 25+ years. He is also a teaching doctor and almost always has a student in the room with him. He asks first if it is okay, of course. He is very professional and I've never had an issue. As a matter of fact, I'm concerned when he retires because I don't know if I'll ever find someone like him. He even calls me at home to check on me every year after my annual exam. (That's probably weird, but I have a long history with him.)

My GP is also a male. Very good. I like him a lot. I had a female GP years ago, but her bedside manner was terrible. I realize both male and females make good doctors, so I won't rule out either one solely based on gender.
  • Susieq_1994
    edited June 2015
    Options

Hope this works! Might be huge..if so, I apologize.

Wow that's a lot of cats (super cute, too)! I forget who else had a bunch, including a pregnant porch kitty, you might might give that person a run for their money in the cat hoarding war ;)

That would be @pofoster21, if I'm not mistaken. And my family owns 14 cats, so I think they beat everyone. O.o

It is me. 4 in the home now, 2 on the porch, and 2 at the barn. I have to admit 4 in the home is a lot now when I feed. And the politics of who gets fed where...exhausting. But Cobweb is doing great (latest addition, you all went through that with me). He is the sweetest cat.

He likes to jump on the 1/2 wall between the toilet and the vanity when I get out of the shower and while I dry myself off he reaches out to me, to be petted, etc. The other day, I bent over drying my legs and he proceeded to walk onto my back and lay down! So there I am, stark naked, with a purring cat laying on my back and licking my wet hair. I crouched down to try and get him to walk off me, but he resettled himself and kept purring away. I finally had to slowly stand until he slid off, praying all the time he wouldn't grab me with his claws to stay on. If I had had a camera and wasn't such a prude, I would have taken a selfie and posted it (but yes, I was stark naked, so probably that wouldn't be allowed on here!).

6xohddehd56f.jpg

Ok, sorry that this is giant...I haven't a clue how to shrink it. But, I just wanted to share what our feeding time looks like... :)
    They all have their own bowls and go right to them when it's time to eat! Such good little piglets!

Awesome. Kinda makes me cringe though, just imagining all those meowing at 3am every night like mine does...

My sister's nine cats tend to join her and sleep piled all over her and her bed--they don't generally stay up all night. It's a pretty funny sight! There will be one on her head, one or two on her torso, one curled at her legs... If she moved in her sleep she'd probably squash the lot. :D

One cat on the bed is annoying enough, honestly (she ALWAYS sleeps on my side), I can't imagine 9, although we did have 3 cats at one point.

But it could be worse, I mean, like this

(which is why my dog isn't allowed on the bed, by the way, even though he's only 55 pounds, lol)

My cat always used to cuddle in my arms EXACTLY the way you'd cuddle a teddy bear. It was so cute. Now, according to my sister, she sleeps draped across her head, occasionally obstructing her breathing. :D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    @Just_Ceci, not surprisingly, there are also men like that who are not vocal about it... or who are otherwise smart enough to 'keep it under wraps'... or who would seemingly only 'share' such crap with 'others of their kind' (a few of which I happened to (unfortunately) be physically close 'enough' to, one day, several years ago... and overheard... and they seemed to be oblivious to the fact that someone/anyone/I could hear them... they were medical students... and one of them was going to be starting his gynecology rotation the following week... and what I heard him say resulted in my from-that-day-forward disallowing any male medical student to ever be present for any gynecological anything that I would ever need done in any teaching facility... suffice it to say, his comments about what he looked forward to, with pelvic exams, was not something I'll ever forget)...

Ewww. Just... ewww.

I'm normally hugely supportive of medical education and students... I devote a considerable amount of volunteer time to the cause. My family doctor often has a resident and I've always permitted the resident to practice on me. I'll never forget the time a female resident was doing my physical and found a lump doing my breast exam (it turned out to be cyst tissue), she went scampering out of the room to fetch my doc so fast...

But, yeah. Going forward, don't think I'd be comfy with a male student or resident doing anything pelvic. I had naively thought they were all detached and professional.

Disagree about the detached professional part, especially in college students, of all people. I would never, ever go to a male gynecologist. I swear, I'd rather die of uterine cancer than go to one. I have serious suspicions on why any male would go into the practice of gynecology other than nasty reasons (even if they DO become detached and professional after having practiced gynecology for many years), especially now that there are plenty of female gynecologists to be found.

I've always looked at it like men go in for the OB part of the OBGYN because they want to be responsible for bringing babies into the world. Maybe that's just me. I actually had a male student perform my exam once (male doc also in the room) and he was 1) super nervous, and 2) super polite about the whole thing - he even thanked me for giving him a chance.

I've seen both male and female docs (I spent WAY too much time at that office for a while) and don't really have a preference. I had one male doc who was awesome (I moved), and one was was a total [male anatomy]. I also had a female doc who could have cared less what I had to say about anything. I'm quite unbiased about gender on this, which I realize makes me kind of weird.

I'm weird with you, then! I didn't join in on all the previous OB/GYN talk earlier, but mine is a male and he has been my doctor for 25+ years. He is also a teaching doctor and almost always has a student in the room with him. He asks first if it is okay, of course. He is very professional and I've never had an issue. As a matter of fact, I'm concerned when he retires because I don't know if I'll ever find someone like him. He even calls me at home to check on me every year after my annual exam. (That's probably weird, but I have a long history with him.)

My GP is also a male. Very good. I like him a lot. I had a female GP years ago, but her bedside manner was terrible. I realize both male and females make good doctors, so I won't rule out either one solely based on gender.

My new one is male also and he's ok. My favorite one was an older woman, but I had to move. I still miss her, she was pretty awesome.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I messaged @ShibaEars earlier. She was the one that went to Arizona. She said she was busy doing renovations on the new house and was having a hard time keeping up, but is doing well.

Thank you for the info and SO funny what your son said! Well, not in public really. Kids!

I hope @ShibaEars had a great trip and is enjoying her new house!

Thanks! I'm still around, but keeping up here isn't happening lol.

Hope you're all doing well :smile:
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    You just reminded me. We very rarely--like, once a year or so--drive to Bahrain (we're not too far from the border) for a fun kid's movie (Movie theaters are illegal in Saudi) and a full-on treat/day of fun. Last time I planned an absolutely elaborate EXACTLY-what-I'm-going-to-do-and-eat according to what I REALLY wanted, and almost everything I had planned for and was all excited about was closed down/no longer in business. Seriously. I was so sad. :'(

Why are movie theaters illegal?

So, I have another question and I won't apologize. One of the teachers at my son's summer camp is Muslim and celebrates (is that the right word) Ramadan. Is it appropriate for me to ask her how she's doing? It is an elementary school age summer camp and we live in South Carolina and there are lots of outdoor activity. So, it's HOT. I'm just wondering how she's doing it. I know one summer she didn't work during Ramadan because it was too much, but I'm thinking it was in August that year. Isn't it much earlier this year? Ok, so that's multiple questions.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    ok guys I am on the fence about something. I got asked out on a date this weekend. I don't date because in reality I don't have a lot of free time and I am certainly not wanting to take any time away from my son. But in spite of all this I am considering going. What's a girl to do?

Do you like date asker guy? If the answer is yes, then I say GO FOR IT!

I do like said guy lol

Well, then, buy yourself something pretty (sexy, but tasteful) and go and enjoy yourself. If you just get a meal and decent conversation but it doesn't go anywhere, at least you have a pretty new dress to wear later. But if it DOES go somewhere, I think we all expect to be invited to the wedding. :smiley:

Hmmm sexy sounds like something I haven't done in a long time :) And of course you would all be invited honestly I feel closer to you guys lately than most of the people IRL :)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I messaged @ShibaEars earlier. She was the one that went to Arizona. She said she was busy doing renovations on the new house and was having a hard time keeping up, but is doing well.

Thank you for the info and SO funny what your son said! Well, not in public really. Kids!

I hope @ShibaEars had a great trip and is enjoying her new house!

Thanks! I'm still around, but keeping up here isn't happening lol.

Hope you're all doing well :smile:

No need to keep up, just jump back in!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    New confession. Yup, I did just fall asleep at my desk for 15mins. I think this thread is an obsession because the first thing I thought of when I woke up was to tell you guys about it.

I don't know if I should be concerned about this or not...

These days when something happens to me, the first thing I think about is when can I tell you guys.

Plus, you have now replaced my previous evening occupation of going to a bar, eating dinner, drinking wine and reading the newspaper or a book. Now I come home, drink coffee and try to catch up. I count this as a win in my ongoing attempt to quit drinking totally....still not successful but this visiting you guys instead is helping!

That is great! Good to hear it!

You guys have totally replaced the History channel in my life which is usually what I would watch in the evenings. I must say you all are way more fun!!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Confession:

♪♫ I feel stabby, oh so stabby♪♫
    ♫♪I feel stabby, and crabby and...♪♫

Somebody help me with an appropriate word for my theme song of today. "Gay" doesn't fit for this one.

Dismayed?