Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Coastalpath
    Coastalpath Posts: 46 Member
    Options

As for me, I hit normal BMI today, yay! Had a woosh yesterday and today so I'm now considered "normal". I ordered the sunglasses to celebrate. I really needed that because I'm working SO hard on this and when the doubts creep in and "Well maybe I can still be ok being chubby" runs through my brain, I can at least tell myself I'm now in a normal range and to keep going. I darn sure do not want to undo all this work, and I'm now 7.5 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight with son #2. Another 8 lbs to go and I'll be under my pre-pregnancy weight with son #1.

I'm a goober because I actually shed a tear or two this morning when I saw my weight. DH is working 12 hour days, the baby has a double ear infection, I'm exhausted and have not been feeling like I'm very super great lately. It was nice to see some validation :)

Congratulations that's really good news, what a lovely feeling. Sorry to hear about the long shift and the ear infection though, how rubbish.

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Hey, has anyone noticed the new "verified" indicator in the food entry database? I was just modifying my breakfast (because I had cheese and kielbasa instead of yogurt) and a bunch of them have little green check marks next to them.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    @Just_Ceci, not surprisingly, there are also men like that who are not vocal about it... or who are otherwise smart enough to 'keep it under wraps'... or who would seemingly only 'share' such crap with 'others of their kind' (a few of which I happened to (unfortunately) be physically close 'enough' to, one day, several years ago... and overheard... and they seemed to be oblivious to the fact that someone/anyone/I could hear them... they were medical students... and one of them was going to be starting his gynecology rotation the following week... and what I heard him say resulted in my from-that-day-forward disallowing any male medical student to ever be present for any gynecological anything that I would ever need done in any teaching facility... suffice it to say, his comments about what he looked forward to, with pelvic exams, was not something I'll ever forget)...

Ewww. Just... ewww.

I'm normally hugely supportive of medical education and students... I devote a considerable amount of volunteer time to the cause. My family doctor often has a resident and I've always permitted the resident to practice on me. I'll never forget the time a female resident was doing my physical and found a lump doing my breast exam (it turned out to be cyst tissue), she went scampering out of the room to fetch my doc so fast...

But, yeah. Going forward, don't think I'd be comfy with a male student or resident doing anything pelvic. I had naively thought they were all detached and professional.

Disagree about the detached professional part, especially in college students, of all people. I would never, ever go to a male gynecologist. I swear, I'd rather die of uterine cancer than go to one. I have serious suspicions on why any male would go into the practice of gynecology other than nasty reasons (even if they DO become detached and professional after having practiced gynecology for many years), especially now that there are plenty of female gynecologists to be found.

I've always looked at it like men go in for the OB part of the OBGYN because they want to be responsible for bringing babies into the world. Maybe that's just me. I actually had a male student perform my exam once (male doc also in the room) and he was 1) super nervous, and 2) super polite about the whole thing - he even thanked me for giving him a chance.

I've seen both male and female docs (I spent WAY too much time at that office for a while) and don't really have a preference. I had one male doc who was awesome (I moved), and one was was a total [male anatomy]. I also had a female doc who could have cared less what I had to say about anything. I'm quite unbiased about gender on this, which I realize makes me kind of weird.

I currently have a woman OB/gyn. I've had both. Both the OB's that delivered each of my children were male. The first is like a superstar doctor, at the time he was the head of the department of a major teaching university and is internationally known as an expert in high risk (I was not) pregnancies. I don't care either way.

On that subject, though, science-y people can get (I have and I have often seen it) very caught up in all the intricacies and details of their field. Males are humans and the female role of the reproduction of our species is fascinating from a strictly academic viewpoint. The fascination, in my opinion is not regulated to just females. The balance of the various hormones, the wide range of differences in each of the organ structures involved, the challenge of the nutrition and physical and emotional health of the mother. There is far more involved in OB/GYN than the once a year physical exam. (This is coming from a person who spent 5.5 years of my life, 6 days a week, up to sixteen hours a day studying one 35 atom molecule and I still don't fully have answers to all the questions I have about it.)

After the birth of my son (with 10 people in the room due to his syndrome/heart defects) I saw my son and then he was whisked away. I still had to deliver the placenta. I asked all kinds of questions about it. There in the delivery room after my giving birth the OB held up the placenta I'd just delivered and showed me the size, shape, how it worked, and so on. He was happy to answer all my questions and he really knew his stuff. While there may be a few creeps (use your intuition) there are a lot of dedicated physicians who went into the field for reasons other than creepy reasons. :smile: Yes, I'm a nerd. I always have lot of questions about how/why/etc.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    @AngryViking1970 and @WestCoastJo82 Thanks I probably will. An evening that doesn't involve talking about Spongebob , farts or other bodily functions might be nice!

Oh my gosh! I LOLed! My son's eleven, and it hasn't got much better.

Although we did have a fairly lengthy discussion yesterday about the American welfare system. And I was thinking the whole time, "My 11 year old son has an opinion on the welfare system. Is that normal?" For everyone's edification, he's a raging Republican on that issue. :D

This reminds me. Not long ago I bought a Mad Libs book for my son at the checkout, because I always ALWAYS buy something there and I was in the candy free line. Do you have any idea how seamlessly you can fit the word 'turd' into any part of speech?

If there was any doubt, I am not having discussions with my 10 year old about politics. LOL

I may have some idea except in our house replace turd with poop :)

THIS!!! When I'm trying to keep from cussing (I don't really that much honestly) I sub the word "poop". I'm not sure when it started, but my daughter does the same. I've never once heard her utter a single curse word. She would even skip the word "hell" when she was playing Rock Band. She's so cute.

I remember my grandma would always say son of a brick & we couldn't say farted we had to say tooted or passed gas.

Online I don't curse very much & usually I only curse in real life if a customer upsets me (I don't curse at the customer) or something really ticks me off.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    @pofoster21 I'm sorry that guy took credit for YOUR work! So frustrating. And I see you as "Doctor Patricia". Is that okay?

@Tubbs216 give him enough Valium to knock him out. Seriously though, I hope it goes well and that he's not too much of a baby for you!

I never use the Dr. but yes, feel free! As long as its not Dr. Pat

I "rarely" use the Dr. but I pull it out once in awhile if it serves a purpose, and once in awhile it does. I don't use it with people I know - I prefer my first name. I use Dr. Lastname just in business type situations.

I tell my students to call me my first name, but if that feels weird to them, then it's Dr. or Professor Lastname. Mrs. Lastname, especially since my husband and I do not have the same last name, kills me in professional situations. Outside of work, I don't care what you call me, but on things that force you to pick a title, I pick Dr. I never thought I would be someone who cares except when I taught in Texas, the students had a horrible habit of referring to all male professors as Dr. and all female professors as Miss - i.e. a student would come into my office: "Miss X, Dr. Y said I should talk to you about me analysis" - that got me to start caring.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Oh all the cat talk makes me sad as I cannot have any- I'm allergic :'(

My son is allergic too big time

So is my husband--He becomes almost comatose from the horrible reactions he gets. So now I'm begging for a rodent. :smiley: His reason for refusing a hamster/rat/whatever before was that they don't interact with humans in the same way a cat or dog do, and therefore just live their life unhappily in cages. So, I've been using all the awesome stories that @Italian_Buju has told us about her degu to convince him that they totally get fond of/interact with their owners and don't have to live their entire lives in cages. :p

I have been thinking of getting a goldfish lol
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    My son and I were playing outside a little earlier and I noticed just how bad our rose bushes and flower garden have gotten overrun with weeds. I started pulling the weeds and of course, he wanted "to help"...so I let him toss the pulled weeds into a pile. Anyway, some neighbors walked by and started chatting with him and asked what he was up to. His reply? "Just doing weed with Mama"!! I almost died....and quickly cleared it up that we were WEEDING not doing weed.

This is so funny!!!

And I LOVED the furbaby photos!!!

I've mentioned before that I still smoke cigarettes, which I do in the garage. One day my son and the neighbor kid were in the garage and the neighbor kid said our garage was stinky. My son said, "yeah, mom smokes drugs in here". Uh, no!

HA! I love that both of our Kellie/Kelly's children are trying to make them the drug addicts of the neighborhood :)

Haha!!
    Hey, has anyone noticed the new "verified" indicator in the food entry database? I was just modifying my breakfast (because I had cheese and kielbasa instead of yogurt) and a bunch of them have little green check marks next to them.
    Yes, I noticed that yesterday!
    @Susieq_1994, I'd love to see a picture of your cat sitting on your shoulder!! How cute is that?!

Also, thank you all for the early birthday wishes! And to those who commented on the dessert I'm praying to have...if you're ever in/near Portland, ME...go to Silly's Restaurant! :)

• 1crvygrl
    1crvygrl Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    As for me, I hit normal BMI today, yay! Had a woosh yesterday and today so I'm now considered "normal". I ordered the sunglasses to celebrate. I really needed that because I'm working SO hard on this and when the doubts creep in and "Well maybe I can still be ok being chubby" runs through my brain, I can at least tell myself I'm now in a normal range and to keep going. I darn sure do not want to undo all this work, and I'm now 7.5 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight with son #2. Another 8 lbs to go and I'll be under my pre-pregnancy weight with son #1.

I'm a goober because I actually shed a tear or two this morning when I saw my weight. DH is working 12 hour days, the baby has a double ear infection, I'm exhausted and have not been feeling like I'm very super great lately. It was nice to see some validation :)

That's awesome! I know I'll cry when I get back to pre-pregnancy weight from my first kiddo, who is now SEVEN! Made it to pre-pregnancy weight from my second kiddo, who is two, last week and it felt so good!

Oh, I will definitely cry when I get back to my first kid pre-pregnancy weight, since he is 17 now.....

To even get back down to my highest weight WHILE pregnant with any of my children would be great, that would be 155 lbs!
    To ever get to my pre-pregnancy weight from child#1 would be nearly impossible ... that would be 110 lbs!! Even after my 3rd(last) pregnancy, fourth child( a set of twins in the middle) I was able to get back down as far as 117 lbs. As of now I'd have to lose 101 pounds to reach the 110 lb weight again, THAT makes me cry :'(
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    So, my birthday is tomorrow and all I can think about is having my most favorite meal EVER out at my favorite restaurant! I'm really hoping that they have this AMAZING dessert that they used to serve. It's a piece of cake (your choice of a bunch of flavors) wrapped in a flour tortilla, fried up, and sprinkled with either cocoa or cinnamon. Then they top it with either honey or hot fudge, ice cream, and whipped cream! Holy Mother of deliciousness! One time we went they said they weren't serving it anymore...but the next time we went, it was on the menu again. Anyway, I'm just really hoping it's there tomorrow. It kept me up last night. Sad, so sad.
    But seriously, I CAN'T WAIT! If they don't have that dessert, I plan on having a very large serving of ice cream for dessert. I fully plan on murdering my calorie goal for tomorrow BUT I will still do my workout in the morning. :)

LOL if they don't have it, don't waist it (seewhatididthar) on plain ole ice cream. Get something SUPER GREAT!
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Still haven't caught up but I probably won't bother with yesterday's posts at this point.

I'm slowly losing my mind over my cat who's been pacing the house meowing every night at 3am for a few days. At least this time I managed to go back to sleep right away, but still. SO ANNOYING.

So maybe this is mean, but do you have a crate for her? Muffin had a bad habit of attacking feet in the middle of the night, which I had no patience for, so if my feet got attacked, she got put in her crate for the rest of the night - in a part of the house I couldn't hear her meowing. I only had to do that for about two weeks and then the nighttime foot attacking stopped.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    @AngryViking1970 and @WestCoastJo82 Thanks I probably will. An evening that doesn't involve talking about Spongebob , farts or other bodily functions might be nice!

Oh my gosh! I LOLed! My son's eleven, and it hasn't got much better.

Although we did have a fairly lengthy discussion yesterday about the American welfare system. And I was thinking the whole time, "My 11 year old son has an opinion on the welfare system. Is that normal?" For everyone's edification, he's a raging Republican on that issue. :D

This reminds me. Not long ago I bought a Mad Libs book for my son at the checkout, because I always ALWAYS buy something there and I was in the candy free line. Do you have any idea how seamlessly you can fit the word 'turd' into any part of speech?

If there was any doubt, I am not having discussions with my 10 year old about politics. LOL

I may have some idea except in our house replace turd with poop :)

THIS!!! When I'm trying to keep from cussing (I don't really that much honestly) I sub the word "poop". I'm not sure when it started, but my daughter does the same. I've never once heard her utter a single curse word. She would even skip the word "hell" when she was playing Rock Band. She's so cute.

I remember my grandma would always say son of a brick & we couldn't say farted we had to say tooted or passed gas.

Online I don't curse very much & usually I only curse in real life if a customer upsets me (I don't curse at the customer) or something really ticks me off.

We say "tootledoot" with our son. Sometimes in a store or in public, he'll say, "excuse me, I just tootledooted"...and people look at us like..."???" Haha
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    So I am PMSing so what do I think is a good idea? Going grocery shopping.

I bought two Pop-Tarts Peanut Butter & Wildlicious Wild! Cherry

For those who like unfrosted Pop-Tarts the Peanut Butter are unfrosted & very good with ice cream or peanut butter if you prefer that. I seen Wal-Mart had the new Blue Raspberry flavor but I decided to try them another time.

I also bought Quaker Valley Caramel Apple bars (never tried them), Special K Fudge Brownies (these are only 80 calories & the Salted Caramel are also good), Ice Cream Pebbles cereal, Dill flavored Almonds (never tried these & they sounded good), Fiber One Salted Carmael Cheesecake bars & the Raspberry flavored box, & two Sam's Choice ice creams Coffee & Donuts (this one is so freaking good & I love the glaze more than the donuts), & their Butterscotch Salted Caramel Fudge (never tried this one).

I still at least bought some healthier fare which included two Honeydew melons, watermelon, three packages of grape tomatoes, & two big packs of mushrooms.
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 yayyyyy for her using the potty!!!! That's a milestone and I know how excited you are! Our 3.5 yr old is finally starting to get potty training with no accidents but it was a LONG battle to get to this point.

@pofoster21 I was contemplating going back for my DBA, but it is completely irrelevant for my occupation unless I want to adjunct. I can do that with my MBA/MS (if they ever officially accept me to the freakin program!!) so a DBA isn't in the cards for me. I'd still love to do it, though.

CONGRATS!!!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I blame the kardashians
    Good plan. I blame them for as much as possible.

And that Kanye guy.

I've decided those two are going to name their son Easton. Easton West.

That woman is pregnant AGAIN?! Don't we have enough of those people already?!

It just amazes me how many fans they have. Every week they're plastered over every rag mag. Well maybe fans is being too kind? Maybe it's more they're the family everyone loves to hate?

I remember when Sears first started to carry some of their clothes & a few of the items were cute, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy their merchandise. Jessica Simpson yes, the Kardashians that would be a big fat no.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Yes, bookmarking is the key! That works well for me.

@kellyjellybellyjelly have you tried putting your spoon in hot water first before putting it in the ice cream? That seems to work.

@AngryViking1970, sorry your interview was rescheduled and it threw you off. That stinks. Just pretend it never happened. Good luck on Monday!

Great idea, I'll have to try that the next time. It seems that it's always Ben & Jerry's that are hard as a rock. Maybe that's a good thing so I don't take more.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I wonder why this thread is so hard to find suddenly!!

I am leaving for work now and hoping today is a good day!

Yesterday sucked!

I got lost running an errand for my son (he got his grad hoodie for next year Monday and his name was spelled wrong, so had to find the uniform shop and get it fixed).....then we realized his bike was stolen, he just recently bought it and it is his transportation to and from work, so he had to walk yesterday, and today. Then I missed my gym time because as I was heading there, the office staff at my building called me and told me another bike had been stolen and asked me to see if I could come and view the video....that took a while and we saw nothing actually.

I feel bad for my son :(

Work is stressful right now too, kind of a long story, but we had a new girl that only worked about two months and now is off sick for an 'undetermented' amount of time, so they are replacing her and her husband came in Monday while I was there and freaked out on my boss....I do not generally work on Tuesdays but my boss text me and said this is becoming a bit of a nightmare. I have known her husband for years and now things are awkward, and I got her the job for him......my boss is cool, she knows I could not have known, but the whole situation is just sucky and stressful.

Plus I am still not really speaking to my SO still, we are on week two.....so that just adds to the stress.

I am not going to let it ruin tonight though! Tonight is the only night in a long while that I will be home alone. My daughter is out of town visiting a friend and my son is working. My daughter keeps getting straight day shifts, which is strange for a 19 year old working at tourist attractions that are open all night...and she is a new hire....over all it is great because she can rely on the bus which is obviously much cheaper than cabs etc, but it is seriously cutting into my alone time that over the last year I have gotten very used to! A year ago I never had alone time, but now I love it, lol.

So, tonight, I am going to indulge in a chicken bacon alfredo pizza from domino's and watch Big Brother! I figure I have about five hours of alone time after work before my son gets home....so I am gonna get everything done I need to do right away and then sit on the sofa and just bask in my aloneness lol.

Today is my day off logging so I am not worried about such things tonight, I am gonna eat super light during the day, just a light lunch and already did not eat much breakfast, but tonight I will eat pizza and my favorite Haagan Dazs chocolate peanut butter ice cream.....I am not even gonna have my phone on!

P.S. BB people, I am gonna go start the thread now, so don't forget to check there later!!

Have a great day everyone!

@Italian_Buju Sorry things are not great for you right but yay for getting alone time!! I hear it's a wonderful thing ;) I was also meaning to ask you how are you doing health wise? I remember you had a rough couple days last week

I will be watching for your BB thread! So excited!!

I am doing alright, thanks for asking! My health in general has just always kinda sucked. But there was just one day last week I ate an unbalanced breakfast and felt sick the rest of the day so that made me pissy. In general, I just have to be super on top of things, and make sure like I am well rested, eat properly, stay active and take all my daily meds and go to a million appts.....as long as I do all that, I can keep things -contained- for now anyway.

I got home at 4:30 from work, cleaned up and then I am not sure where most of the other time went, lol. It is almost 8pm now and I am just preheating the oven to warm up my pizza. I did have to waste an hour of my alone time napping, cuz I was so tired I was literally on this thread trying to read and doing the head bob, but I set my alarm for one hour so I would not waste my whole night!

Almost Big Brother time! Whoop whoop!

@Italian_Buju napping is NEVER a waste of time. EVER.

This is so true!
    So, my birthday is tomorrow and all I can think about is having my most favorite meal EVER out at my favorite restaurant! I'm really hoping that they have this AMAZING dessert that they used to serve. It's a piece of cake (your choice of a bunch of flavors) wrapped in a flour tortilla, fried up, and sprinkled with either cocoa or cinnamon. Then they top it with either honey or hot fudge, ice cream, and whipped cream! Holy Mother of deliciousness! One time we went they said they weren't serving it anymore...but the next time we went, it was on the menu again. Anyway, I'm just really hoping it's there tomorrow. It kept me up last night. Sad, so sad.
    But seriously, I CAN'T WAIT! If they don't have that dessert, I plan on having a very large serving of ice cream for dessert. I fully plan on murdering my calorie goal for tomorrow BUT I will still do my workout in the morning. :)

This sounds crazy amazing. I must have it. And happy early birthday~!

Thank you! And seriously, it is heaven on a plate! I'll probably cry if it's not there tomorrow! I might even beg.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get your birthday wish for the dessert!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Confession:

♪♫ I feel stabby, oh so stabby♪♫
    ♫♪I feel stabby, and crabby and...♪♫

Somebody help me with an appropriate word for my theme song of today. "Gay" doesn't fit for this one.

Nasty? Or maybe just sub in the highly appropriate, very expressive, "UGH". Perfect match of syllables... ;)

That's kind of great. Stabby and crabby and ugh. LOL

Yep. Unless someone comes up with something brilliant out of left field, I think we have a winner!

Yay, I win! ;)
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options

Yay! Happy (early?) birthday! that all sounds amazing although I'm not sure about a flour tortilla and cake? Sign me up for the rest though!
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm on a cereal kick right now :) It cannot be helped.

I cannot wait until my sister brings me that PB Captain Crunch next weekend!!

... Will she bring me some, too?

I confess that I've been using stories about your awesome Rodent Boy to try to confess my husband to buy me either a rat, a mouse, a hamster, a chinchilla, a gerbil.... Anything tiny and cute. :D I WANT A CUDDLY RODENT. >.<

From when I was about 7 I always wanted a hamster but my parents wouldn't let me, I moved out to go to Uni and it took me 4 months of living alone before I realised I could get one and they couldn't say anything haha. They hated the idea but now that they've met him they absolutely adore him, they even have him for 'holidays' if I go away for the weekend or move house etc (I know, they're nuts! haha). So maybe you could get one and hope your husband grows to love it? :) haha.

Just incase you need anymore convincing... (using this as an excuse to post pictures of my little cuddly rodent haha) kqjaohzbf0qr.jpg

vd5r06r4tztm.png
    yfxrv9n5du73.gif

Also for anyone interested in how my job interview went the other day, I have a trial shift on Monday! Woo! :)
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    So I am PMSing so what do I think is a good idea? Going grocery shopping.

I bought two Pop-Tarts Peanut Butter & Wildlicious Wild! Cherry

For those who like unfrosted Pop-Tarts the Peanut Butter are unfrosted & very good with ice cream or peanut butter if you prefer that. I seen Wal-Mart had the new Blue Raspberry flavor but I decided to try them another time.

I also bought Quaker Valley Caramel Apple bars (never tried them), Special K Fudge Brownies (these are only 80 calories & the Salted Caramel are also good), Ice Cream Pebbles cereal, Dill flavored Almonds (never tried these & they sounded good), Fiber One Salted Carmael Cheesecake bars & the Raspberry flavored box, & two Sam's Choice ice creams Coffee & Donuts (this one is so freaking good & I love the glaze more than the donuts), & their Butterscotch Salted Caramel Fudge (never tried this one).

I still at least bought some healthier fare which included two Honeydew melons, watermelon, three packages of grape tomatoes, & two big packs of mushrooms.

I'm mad because a few of you had talked about the Sam's Choice Coffee and Donuts ice cream before and I have looked at my Walmart the last 5 times that we've been there, and they are all expired!!! So irritating...yet I never say anything. I've been dying to try it! :(
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    ETA: oops, double post! dont know why it does that :(