Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Hey, has anyone noticed the new "verified" indicator in the food entry database? I was just modifying my breakfast (because I had cheese and kielbasa instead of yogurt) and a bunch of them have little green check marks next to them.

Yup, the little green checks have replaced the lack of an asterisk. Much better for new members, in my opinion, since the non-asterisked entries weren't really getting noticed. :)
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Hey, has anyone noticed the new "verified" indicator in the food entry database? I was just modifying my breakfast (because I had cheese and kielbasa instead of yogurt) and a bunch of them have little green check marks next to them.
    \
    Yes, I saw that too. Interesting...wonder if it has anything to do with the sneaky, subtle migration to "deluxe paid" status?

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I rejoined a gym in the last week. There are many gyms in the area but the one I prefer and feel very comfortable taking my kids to workout with me is kind of expensive. I had quit it for a year to catch up on things financially and tried to keep active in many other ways. Recently I decided that my daughter really enjoyed it and I want to support anything she enjoys these days. Tonight we went to a Zumba class at her request. It was 75 minutes of me flailing around as ungainly as possible. Daughter loved it and smiled more in that class than I've seen in a long time. Worth the cost of admission. I did a couple of calculators and based on my weight I think I burned around 500 calories in that time. I know I was pushing myself to stay as high intensity as I could. Is 500 calories for 1.25 hours a reasonable estimate? I'm on the very little side. I don't often log food and I even more rarely log exercise. I also lifted weights (didn't even try to figure that out) and got a decent amount of walking in during the day. I feel that I am keeping my nice slow steady goal of gradually losing another few pounds.

That would be me also. Which is why I'd never do Zumba. Glad your daughter really enjoyed it, though... and you're an awesome mum for attending with her!
    Confession: I'm seriously considering the intermittent fasting diet. I'm clearly not getting anywhere with the old fashioned calorie counting and I'm actually getting quite desperate now. I want to book a doctors appointment but I think they will say the same thing as my mum "Why don't you join weight watchers or slimming world" Yea, I don't want to pay someone to watch me stand on a scale.

I'm also considering taking all the money I have saved for a deposit on a house and getting someone to just suck all the fat out of me.

It's all feeling very hopeless at the moment

I've done 5:2 intermittently. (that sounds weird, ha ha) I've mentioned before that when he's home my SO does the cooking and that generally results in huge portions of very rich and rather "junky" food -- not at all how I'd choose to eat -- so when he's gone I'll do 5:2 to kind of recalibrate, especially since my IBS is usually in overdrive by the time he leaves (we seriously eat like cr@p).

I'd say give it a try.

But keep saving that house money!!!

Yea, I don't see any harm in trying it for a month or so. It's not something stupid like a teatox. It just involves a bit of forward planning.

It's ok, the money is still there

I tend to rely heavily on 35 calorie Yoplait yogurt pots, 15 cal fruit cups (Del Monte water packed, no added sugar) and Quest bars. But the 500 days make me feel seriously awesome... probably because the carb/high fat/sodium fog lifts, lol.

In England we have Icelandic Yogurt called SKYR and it is no fat, high protein (It's amazing) and I intend on having that for lunch I think. It does have carbs in it though so I'm not sure.
    What do you have for dinner? I was thinking stir-fry one night, but I can't think of anything else apart from soup or salad for the second night :confounded:

Where do we buy this?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Put down 37 miles over 3 rides today. 7 to work, 13 back home and a 17 mile 'restless evening' ride. Funny thing is I've hardly ate anything today. No breakfast (normal for me) a tiny 220 calorie lunch and at home I had 3 whole wheat fajita tortillas filled with refried beans and some shredded cheese. Same exact goes for yesterday. I feel strong, no soreness and I stay hydrated so until I stall, I am staying the course because it's hard to deny the results.

Confession... It irritates me when people quote someone that posted a bunch of photos without removing said photos in their reply. Confession 2... IRL I would totally judge some of the decisions people make then whine about. You're an adult and you made an adult decision so deal with the adult consequences and shut up. :naughty: (But I am not judging so I will be like Kermit and sip mah tea)

Oh and I found my mom (dang her!) left a huge fresh cooked brownie here at my house. I can't deny it as I am powerless against food that somehow made it's way into my safe haven away from temptation. And I am too frugal to throw it out. Whatever... I'm about to eat the thing so it will be gone. (<-adult decision) NO RAGRETS

I bought some refried beans (canned) to put on a Flatout Red Pepper Hummus flatbread & figure I'll put some mushrooms & spinach on. I'll maybe take that as my lunch or make it my dinner sometime this weekend.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I blame the kardashians
    Good plan. I blame them for as much as possible.

And that Kanye guy.

I've decided those two are going to name their son Easton. Easton West.

That woman is pregnant AGAIN?! Don't we have enough of those people already?!

It just amazes me how many fans they have. Every week they're plastered over every rag mag. Well maybe fans is being too kind? Maybe it's more they're the family everyone loves to hate?

I remember when Sears first started to carry some of their clothes & a few of the items were cute, but I just couldn't bring myself to buy their merchandise. Jessica Simpson yes, the Kardashians that would be a big fat no.

deleted for being harsh

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    @KrisiAnnH, oh that little furry face it too much!
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options

Haha he's the silliest thing too, always running backwards through tubes or trying to stuff all his bedding in his mouth, just makes him all the cuter I think! I want to get more furry-babies but the boyf thinks one is enough :(
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

Also for anyone interested in how my job interview went the other day, I have a trial shift on Monday! Woo! :) [/quote]

Yay for you - that's Super Great!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    lbeaver31 wrote: »
    I nite eat , I mean after I go to bed I get up, get a snack and bring it back to bed with me. It's the only time of day I have no will power.

There's a lot of people who eat snacks/dinner late at night. Does it fit in your calories? If not, you could always leave some extra calories to enjoy a snack or multiple snacks late at night.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    My son and I were playing outside a little earlier and I noticed just how bad our rose bushes and flower garden have gotten overrun with weeds. I started pulling the weeds and of course, he wanted "to help"...so I let him toss the pulled weeds into a pile. Anyway, some neighbors walked by and started chatting with him and asked what he was up to. His reply? "Just doing weed with Mama"!! I almost died....and quickly cleared it up that we were WEEDING not doing weed.

This is so funny!!!

And I LOVED the furbaby photos!!!

I've mentioned before that I still smoke cigarettes, which I do in the garage. One day my son and the neighbor kid were in the garage and the neighbor kid said our garage was stinky. My son said, "yeah, mom smokes drugs in here". Uh, no!

HA! I love that both of our Kellie/Kelly's children are trying to make them the drug addicts of the neighborhood :)

Haha!!
    Yes, I noticed that yesterday!
    @Susieq_1994, I'd love to see a picture of your cat sitting on your shoulder!! How cute is that?!

Also, thank you all for the early birthday wishes! And to those who commented on the dessert I'm praying to have...if you're ever in/near Portland, ME...go to Silly's Restaurant! :)

I do have several, but unfortunately I'm not covered in a single one of them, so I'd have to black out large portions of the picture. I can try to do so, if you really want to see one. :) I have a really cute one when she was just a couple of weeks old. :smiley:
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

I'm sure I was thinking pretty much the same thing.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

Also for anyone interested in how my job interview went the other day, I have a trial shift on Monday! Woo! :)

Yay for you - that's Super Great![/quote]

Thank you! :D
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    I rejoined a gym in the last week. There are many gyms in the area but the one I prefer and feel very comfortable taking my kids to workout with me is kind of expensive. I had quit it for a year to catch up on things financially and tried to keep active in many other ways. Recently I decided that my daughter really enjoyed it and I want to support anything she enjoys these days. Tonight we went to a Zumba class at her request. It was 75 minutes of me flailing around as ungainly as possible. Daughter loved it and smiled more in that class than I've seen in a long time. Worth the cost of admission. I did a couple of calculators and based on my weight I think I burned around 500 calories in that time. I know I was pushing myself to stay as high intensity as I could. Is 500 calories for 1.25 hours a reasonable estimate? I'm on the very little side. I don't often log food and I even more rarely log exercise. I also lifted weights (didn't even try to figure that out) and got a decent amount of walking in during the day. I feel that I am keeping my nice slow steady goal of gradually losing another few pounds.

I can't answer the part about what you burned, but I had to comment on how incredibly awesome the bolded part is. I love seeing my daughter happy so I totally get you on this.

I, however, HATE Zumba.

• Susieq_1994
    Options
    So I am PMSing so what do I think is a good idea? Going grocery shopping.

I bought two Pop-Tarts Peanut Butter & Wildlicious Wild! Cherry

For those who like unfrosted Pop-Tarts the Peanut Butter are unfrosted & very good with ice cream or peanut butter if you prefer that. I seen Wal-Mart had the new Blue Raspberry flavor but I decided to try them another time.

I also bought Quaker Valley Caramel Apple bars (never tried them), Special K Fudge Brownies (these are only 80 calories & the Salted Caramel are also good), Ice Cream Pebbles cereal, Dill flavored Almonds (never tried these & they sounded good), Fiber One Salted Carmael Cheesecake bars & the Raspberry flavored box, & two Sam's Choice ice creams Coffee & Donuts (this one is so freaking good & I love the glaze more than the donuts), & their Butterscotch Salted Caramel Fudge (never tried this one).

I still at least bought some healthier fare which included two Honeydew melons, watermelon, three packages of grape tomatoes, & two big packs of mushrooms.

I'm so jealous of all the peanut butter flavored things you can get there! Although it's probably a good thing that I can't get them here anyway... O.o
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,709 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    @Just_Ceci, not surprisingly, there are also men like that who are not vocal about it... or who are otherwise smart enough to 'keep it under wraps'... or who would seemingly only 'share' such crap with 'others of their kind' (a few of which I happened to (unfortunately) be physically close 'enough' to, one day, several years ago... and overheard... and they seemed to be oblivious to the fact that someone/anyone/I could hear them... they were medical students... and one of them was going to be starting his gynecology rotation the following week... and what I heard him say resulted in my from-that-day-forward disallowing any male medical student to ever be present for any gynecological anything that I would ever need done in any teaching facility... suffice it to say, his comments about what he looked forward to, with pelvic exams, was not something I'll ever forget)...

Ewww. Just... ewww.

I'm normally hugely supportive of medical education and students... I devote a considerable amount of volunteer time to the cause. My family doctor often has a resident and I've always permitted the resident to practice on me. I'll never forget the time a female resident was doing my physical and found a lump doing my breast exam (it turned out to be cyst tissue), she went scampering out of the room to fetch my doc so fast...

But, yeah. Going forward, don't think I'd be comfy with a male student or resident doing anything pelvic. I had naively thought they were all detached and professional.

Disagree about the detached professional part, especially in college students, of all people. I would never, ever go to a male gynecologist. I swear, I'd rather die of uterine cancer than go to one. I have serious suspicions on why any male would go into the practice of gynecology other than nasty reasons (even if they DO become detached and professional after having practiced gynecology for many years), especially now that there are plenty of female gynecologists to be found.

I've always looked at it like men go in for the OB part of the OBGYN because they want to be responsible for bringing babies into the world. Maybe that's just me. I actually had a male student perform my exam once (male doc also in the room) and he was 1) super nervous, and 2) super polite about the whole thing - he even thanked me for giving him a chance.

I've seen both male and female docs (I spent WAY too much time at that office for a while) and don't really have a preference. I had one male doc who was awesome (I moved), and one was was a total [male anatomy]. I also had a female doc who could have cared less what I had to say about anything. I'm quite unbiased about gender on this, which I realize makes me kind of weird.

I'm weird with you, then! I didn't join in on all the previous OB/GYN talk earlier, but mine is a male and he has been my doctor for 25+ years. He is also a teaching doctor and almost always has a student in the room with him. He asks first if it is okay, of course. He is very professional and I've never had an issue. As a matter of fact, I'm concerned when he retires because I don't know if I'll ever find someone like him. He even calls me at home to check on me every year after my annual exam. (That's probably weird, but I have a long history with him.)

My GP is also a male. Very good. I like him a lot. I had a female GP years ago, but her bedside manner was terrible. I realize both male and females make good doctors, so I won't rule out either one solely based on gender.

My new one is male also and he's ok. My favorite one was an older woman, but I had to move. I still miss her, she was pretty awesome.

Oh good! I'm glad you found one you like! Anything new with your cyst issue? Hope that doesn't happen again.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    So, my birthday is tomorrow and all I can think about is having my most favorite meal EVER out at my favorite restaurant! I'm really hoping that they have this AMAZING dessert that they used to serve. It's a piece of cake (your choice of a bunch of flavors) wrapped in a flour tortilla, fried up, and sprinkled with either cocoa or cinnamon. Then they top it with either honey or hot fudge, ice cream, and whipped cream! Holy Mother of deliciousness! One time we went they said they weren't serving it anymore...but the next time we went, it was on the menu again. Anyway, I'm just really hoping it's there tomorrow. It kept me up last night. Sad, so sad.
    But seriously, I CAN'T WAIT! If they don't have that dessert, I plan on having a very large serving of ice cream for dessert. I fully plan on murdering my calorie goal for tomorrow BUT I will still do my workout in the morning. :)

Yay! Happy (early?) birthday! that all sounds amazing although I'm not sure about a flour tortilla and cake? Sign me up for the rest though!
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm on a cereal kick right now :) It cannot be helped.

I cannot wait until my sister brings me that PB Captain Crunch next weekend!!

... Will she bring me some, too?

I confess that I've been using stories about your awesome Rodent Boy to try to confess my husband to buy me either a rat, a mouse, a hamster, a chinchilla, a gerbil.... Anything tiny and cute. :D I WANT A CUDDLY RODENT. >.<

From when I was about 7 I always wanted a hamster but my parents wouldn't let me, I moved out to go to Uni and it took me 4 months of living alone before I realised I could get one and they couldn't say anything haha. They hated the idea but now that they've met him they absolutely adore him, they even have him for 'holidays' if I go away for the weekend or move house etc (I know, they're nuts! haha). So maybe you could get one and hope your husband grows to love it? :) haha.

Just incase you need anymore convincing... (using this as an excuse to post pictures of my little cuddly rodent haha)

Also for anyone interested in how my job interview went the other day, I have a trial shift on Monday! Woo! :)

CUDDLY RODENT! Wanna see MY cuddly rodent? (I had a hamster myself, several years ago--he passed away from hamstery old age)

Spikey: From babyhood to adulthood.
    i263p97cbqys.jpg
    n9fqk3cuswbk.jpg
    5o3f5yhy9mty.jpg
    h44bmc75ej6d.jpg
    7db1ap66glon.jpg
    z26yyq9n6lyr.jpg
    hu6td3fhmnq6.jpg
    rjtzcr64r7lr.jpg

... Yeah, that was a lot of pictures. But isn't he CUTE?!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    For those that like sparkling waters I love the Great Value 2 liter bottles of Cherry Limeade & they also have a Coconut, Pink Lemonade, & Lemonade flavors. They're 0 calorie which even makes them better. For the Cherry Limeade flavor they also have a 12 pack & the cans are 5 calories each.

k2-_d56b4a46-dbba-4886-80a1-23e5258230f4.v3.jpg-69e0c0d8abb8966f9b66d4ac5ff3fc468541c27e-optim-450x450.jpg
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @AngryViking1970 and @WestCoastJo82 Thanks I probably will. An evening that doesn't involve talking about Spongebob , farts or other bodily functions might be nice!

Oh my gosh! I LOLed! My son's eleven, and it hasn't got much better.

Although we did have a fairly lengthy discussion yesterday about the American welfare system. And I was thinking the whole time, "My 11 year old son has an opinion on the welfare system. Is that normal?" For everyone's edification, he's a raging Republican on that issue. :D

This reminds me. Not long ago I bought a Mad Libs book for my son at the checkout, because I always ALWAYS buy something there and I was in the candy free line. Do you have any idea how seamlessly you can fit the word 'turd' into any part of speech?

If there was any doubt, I am not having discussions with my 10 year old about politics. LOL

I may have some idea except in our house replace turd with poop :)

THIS!!! When I'm trying to keep from cussing (I don't really that much honestly) I sub the word "poop". I'm not sure when it started, but my daughter does the same. I've never once heard her utter a single curse word. She would even skip the word "hell" when she was playing Rock Band. She's so cute.

I remember my grandma would always say son of a brick & we couldn't say farted we had to say tooted or passed gas.

Online I don't curse very much & usually I only curse in real life if a customer upsets me (I don't curse at the customer) or something really ticks me off.

We say "tootledoot" with our son. Sometimes in a store or in public, he'll say, "excuse me, I just tootledooted"...and people look at us like..."???" Haha

We're teaching Charlie that 'he did a wind'
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »

Haha he's the silliest thing too, always running backwards through tubes or trying to stuff all his bedding in his mouth, just makes him all the cuter I think! I want to get more furry-babies but the boyf thinks one is enough :(

Just so you know, you can't keep most hamsters together, especially not same-sex pairs. They'll fight to the death; they're extremely territorial. You'd need a separate cage for each of them. :) That's assuming that you're talking about more hamsters, of course. ;)
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

I can't answer the part about what you burned, but I had to comment on how incredibly awesome the bolded part is. I love seeing my daughter happy so I totally get you on this.

I, however, HATE Zumba.

I actually really like Zumba, but I hate that you kind of have to go to the same class/same instructor at the same time/place in order to get the hang of it. I tried sitching it up at my old gym, and it was like starting over every time because they all do totally different routines to the SAME SONGS.