Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Ack! Spikey was SO cute! Thanks for sharing!

He was, wasn't he? :) Once he got older he used to climb up the pipes into the top of his cage (there was a detachable carry case with a lid there that I could open) and wait for me to pick him up and cuddle him and give him treats. :) I was so sad when he died that I couldn't go anywhere near his cage for over a year--it just stayed there in a corner. My sister had to bury him for me because I just couldn't do it. :(

He was super cute! I do not care for hamsters because they tend to bite!
    I feel the same way about rodent boys cage now......it is in the corner of my living room, just sitting there.....

He only ever bit me twice--once when he was just bought and not used to human touch, and another time when I didn't wash my hands first and smelled like food. Hamsters have very poor eyesight, so fingers can get mistaken for food sometimes. I even had to force feed him medicine through a syringe for five days once, and he hated it but never bit. :)

Yeah my hamsters never bitten me, not even once! It's largely down to their temperament I think, but its also to do with how they're treated from when you get them, if you're careful with handling them from a young age they tend to be calmer :) Sounds like you took good care of yours @Susieq_1994 if he only got you twice!

Food smells on hands is something I'm always careful with too haha, Artemis does this really cute thing that I call a 'test nibble', he sort of holds your finger with his paws and sniffs it/puts his teeth on it, so you can feel them but he doesnt bite, he's never made a mark doing it, it's very strange haha.

He must be figuring out whether it's food or not. ;) That sounds adorable! When Spikey figured out what fingers were, he was always extremely gentle when he would take food from my hands with his teeth. :) So I don't think all hamsters are bitey; his vet did nickname him "bitey Spikey" though, because he kept trying to bite her--he didn't like being examined at all! ;)

I was very careful about hand-raising Spikey by the book--I did tons and tons of research. Gave him his space, didn't force him out of his hidey-holes or nest, started out stroking him with a toothbrush, then moved on to one finger, then started to handle him when he wasn't scared and gave him bits of food to tempt him. :)

The first bite was because I got over-excited when I first brought him home and poked my finger into his little house. ;) Then he was all like "GET OUT OF HERE*CHOMP*" :p

Haha awh bless him, I'd probably get pretty grumpy too if a stranger poked their hand into my home though haha.

Confession; I bought pop tarts today, and am seriously considering having one. My SO and I are in a bit of a predicament, as he is super skinny and doesn't eat nearly enough calories (works full time, doesnt get any time to eat while on shift, and burns a ton of calories as he's on his feet all day- he's a chef) and I'm trying to lose weight. Trying to balance this when we live together is pretty tricky, so we've come up with the approach that I'm going to keep cooking my 'healthy' dinners but sub in some less-healthy stuff on his/give him bigger portions.

Anyway, the point is this now means we have a TON of very sugary and/or tempting snacks in the house. Oh dear...

I'm having a similar problem with my husband, although his calorie goal is not much bigger than mine--his appetite is just smaller. I've been trying to get more calories into him without resorting to buying different treats, because I've had to stop bringing them in the house recently. :( Let's just say he's getting VERY friendly with my beloved full-fat Wisconsin extra sharp cheddar cheese... :o
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I am planning on having Arby's for dinner tonight (we'll see) and if I do, even if I don't get a DP, I will be 53 calories over my goal for today and it will be the first time in a while, I've been over, so I'm kind of bummed, especially since I was hoping to have another serving of gelato tonight. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if I could work out, but my leg is still jacked up, so I can't do anything really strenuous.

I probably won't be on here much today because I have a lot of stuff to get done before I leave work, but I just wanted to tell you all that I really appreciate what we have here. Even though I've never met any of you, and some of you live on different continents, I feel that we're close friends and have been for a long time. You all make me want to be a better person and I appreciate all your support, and compliments more than you could ever know. I love you guys!

Aww, warm fuzzies! If we don't see you around again today, have a safe flight tomorrow and a super wonderful great time on your vacation! :) I agree--I'd be heartbroken if I lost everyone in this thread at this point.

As for the 53 calories, that few extra is no biggie! If you have a stationary bike, 15 minutes would be more than enough to put you back in the green. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Happy birthday @kelly_c_77 ! I hope you get your dessert and everything else you want today. Thanks for being you, and I hope you have a wonderful day. Congrats on your 1 year MFPversary too.

Co-signing on this ^^^. Congrats and happy bday.

I hope you get your awesome dessert!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    My kitchen is getting sealed off this afternoon as we're doing some messy, destructive work tomorrow. My confession: I'm having noodles for tea as they involve minimal implements, and the is clearly healthier and cheaper than takeaway fish and chips, so is in this context a good dietary choice. That's my reasoning and I'm sticking to it!

Sounds good to me! ;)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    @Lois_1989 I have a ton of recipes that come in at 350 calories and under that can be modified to be less, if you're interested. :) Off the top of my head, here's a short list:

- Half a serving of my cauliflower mixed fried "rice" - 190 calories, quite a large serving of food, very filling.
    - Chicken hummus wrap - 340 calories, the tortilla wrap can be replaced with a low-carb wrap at only 60 calories apiece to bring it down to 270ish calories.
    - Chicken pizza wrap - 350ish calories, you can replace the wrap and reduce the cheese or even use a lower-fat cheese.
    - White beans in tomato sauce with turkey franks - 270 calories per serving, very filling
    - Chickpea burgers in a 120 cal burger bun - 280 calories, also very filling--for less calories, the patty can be eaten over salad or in sandwich thins.
    - Chili wrap - ~300 calories, depending on how much chili you put in. I stuff it with lettuce as well, to make it bigger. Again, calories can be reduced with a low-carb wrap.

Send me a private message if you want the recipes for any of them. As you can tell, I kind of eat a lot of sandwiches. ;)

Awww thank you @Susieq_1994 ! I'm actually the opposite. I think after having sandwiches for every lunch growing up through school I kinda don't like them anymore. I avoid bread more than anything (I realise you have wraps in your receipes) Do you think any of them will go as a salad instead?

Most of them would! :) I can list the fillings for you and you can pile them onto a salad if you like--You'd even save more calories that way, so win-win!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    My daughter is doing well overall. She is with her dad tonight. She called me, "mom, you were right, I started watching TV and I ate two waffles after dinner. I feel like a walrus." I talked her down and left her feeling better. We have noticed that TV seems to be an eating trigger with her so she took netflix off her phone (which is where she was watching so much, while eating.) She agreed that we'd go for a jog in the morning before work so she didn't have to stress over those calories. I added up what she ate today in my head and I think even with those calories she was at about 1300-1600 calories. That is about right for her especially as we didn't work out today. I told her that she may have eaten too much at one time and for the wrong reasons but that she didn't overeat today. She felt better about that too.

At work today, my daughter looked me over- daughter "Mom, I like those jeans do you think they come in my size?" Me "Yes, we can go look for them this weekend, I'd like another pair too." (Note - daughter is 1 inch taller and about 5 - 6 pounds lighter than me, she's one jean size smaller and I have more butt and hip, but I didn't want to point that out to her because although she does not think I need to lose weight she struggles with thinking she is fat and her logic seems to be that if I'm ok and she's wearing a smaller size than me then it is easier for her to accept herself.) The NSV was teen daughter liked the jeans I bought in Macy's petite section - Levi's. :smiley: Another side note - the ONLY person she judges for anything is herself, she has friends she adores of all shapes, sizes, genders, colors, and orientations. I am working on her not talking so negatively about herself. It is slow going.

Wow!! I think you are an amazing mom. I have a daughter and while I hope and pray that her life is perfect, I know it won't be and when she has trouble, I truly hope I can be half as supportive and understanding as you are for yours.

Aww thanks. I have a horrible relationship with my mom so I try to give my daughter what she needs. She's a good almost adult teen.

You are an amazing mom @nonoelmo

I agree with this. :) It would have been so much more awesome growing up if my mother was like you! :open_mouth:

Confession: I'm feeling pretty down and depressed today, as mentioned on my status. I tried doing some exercise and watching Phineas and Ferb (No judging, I'm a kid at heart! ;)), but it didn't help much. I honestly feel like I'm going to mess up today and I'm worried that the feeling is right and I'm going to give into it and kill my calories after managing to AT LEAST stick within maintenance for this whole week so far. :(

Also, I'm pretty upset; I just found out that ISIS has blown up another mosque in Kuwait. They blow up one of our holy buildings on the most holy day of the week in THE MOST HOLY MONTH OF THE YEAR, killing Muslims left and right with no regard for life, and people still dare to point their fingers at us and say that Islam is responsible for ISIS.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if I were told that they've raped, tortured, and killed more Muslims than non-Muslims. They are NOT Islamists or Muslim extremists or jihadists or any other label that contains Islam in it, no matter what they might say--they're just a bunch of disgusting murderers. Not that someone who kills a non-Muslim isn't a murderer--killing innocent people is haraam in Islam REGARDLESS of their religion, and anyone who kills them is a disgusting murderer as well; I just hate that people dare to even TRY to blame Muslims for the horrible acts of ISIS when they're mass murdering Muslims TOO, and in their own places of worship.

Thanks for letting me vent. :(
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Stepdaughter was a no show. Again. A friend at my work suggested showing up where she works since she won't return messages from either one of us. I hate that it's come to this.

Uuuugh.... :( when is vacation again?

Manana! We fly out tomorrow morning and back home next Saturday which also happens to be the 4th of July so that should be interesting. I think I'm more excited than anxious now. I was really dreading the flight, but I think I'll be fine...I bought Dramamine and I'm bringing lots of snacks. :smile:

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Happy Birthday @kelly_c_77
    Hope you have a great day!!

Last night I had a VERY stressful meeting and even more so because the worse topics we ended up tabling after myself and another person just fought back and forth about them for almost an hour, for the second month in a row, and now will have to revisits them next month again.

I confess I came home and wallowed in grief bacon.

I just woke up and am heading off to work soon, but after laying in bed for about 15 minutes still stressing about that meeting, I woke up and saw that the states finally has country wide same sex marriage, so now I am super happy and feeling better. Until the next meeting at least lol.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Just wondering - any word yet on why this thread is broken?

I thought it had been fixed? @LBuehrle8 said it was back on page one. I still don't know what was going on with it, though!

I could not find it at all this morning, I had to use my bookmark.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon - Do you leave tomorrow or Saturday? We'll miss you but know you'll have a blast!

We leave Saturday. Flight is scheduled to leave @ 6:30 am. I'm trying not to think about the flight part so much because I get anxious when I do. However, Mr. Mo, being the incredibly nice guy he is, is letting me have all the window seats to and from, so I'm hoping to get some good shots for you guys.

I think this is part of his plan to get me to "loosen" up. I'm a little embarrassed I said that. :blush:

Ahhhhh! Mo, you leave tomorrow!!!!! So excited for, and jealous of, you!!!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Stepdaughter was a no show. Again. A friend at my work suggested showing up where she works since she won't return messages from either one of us. I hate that it's come to this.

I wish I had words of wisdom. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. I suspect step daughter is very messed up right now but that does not make your path any more clear. (HUGS)

Thanks. When I was talking to Mr. Mo, he said that the way she's acting right now reminds him of the way her mom acted when they were together. Thanks for the hugs.

That really stinks! What are you going to do with the cat while you're gone?

I messaged her last night and told her she has until today to come get her because Rach is staying with my mom and taking the dogs. She didn't respond, so I'm not really sure. Mr. Mo said that he thinks if we take her to the humane society, stepdaughter will never speak to him again, and I told him that's why I haven't done it yet. I really don't know what to do...

• Italian_Buju
    Options
    I am planning on having Arby's for dinner tonight (we'll see) and if I do, even if I don't get a DP, I will be 53 calories over my goal for today and it will be the first time in a while, I've been over, so I'm kind of bummed, especially since I was hoping to have another serving of gelato tonight. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if I could work out, but my leg is still jacked up, so I can't do anything really strenuous.

I probably won't be on here much today because I have a lot of stuff to get done before I leave work, but I just wanted to tell you all that I really appreciate what we have here. Even though I've never met any of you, and some of you live on different continents, I feel that we're close friends and have been for a long time. You all make me want to be a better person and I appreciate all your support, and compliments more than you could ever know. I love you guys!

Ditto
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Ack! Spikey was SO cute! Thanks for sharing!

He was, wasn't he? :) Once he got older he used to climb up the pipes into the top of his cage (there was a detachable carry case with a lid there that I could open) and wait for me to pick him up and cuddle him and give him treats. :) I was so sad when he died that I couldn't go anywhere near his cage for over a year--it just stayed there in a corner. My sister had to bury him for me because I just couldn't do it. :(

We had a hamster as well who I adored (Montague, Monty for short). He had an episode when he was 4 years old and we had to put him down, I don't think I cried so hard over a pet. I haven't bought another hamster yet, I think I may try and convince my SO that it's either a Hamster or a Dog lol.

May I ask what happened? Like what kind of episode?

We suspect a stroke or heart attack, it was scary. He kinda of started seizing and then stopped moving all together for a minute. When he tried to move afterwards, his one side wouldn't move at all. Poor little guy :(

:(
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession:

♪♫ I feel stabby, oh so stabby♪♫
    ♫♪I feel stabby, and crabby and...♪♫

Somebody help me with an appropriate word for my theme song of today. "Gay" doesn't fit for this one.

I personally am feeling both stabby and gay, but presumably not in the sense of the word you were intending?

Nope! LOL. Old fashioned definition of gay for this one. ;)
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Hey all . Visitors have left to head back to BC so I had time to catch up this morning yay!!

@MoHousdon there is so many things that I would like to say about your step daughter but out of respect for our girl @Susieq_1994 I won't say them :) Enjoy your fabulous holiday though

@kelly_c_77 Happy birthday. I will refrain from singing because quite frankly I can't and a one year logging!! Congrats that's huge!

@orangesmartie Saying a prayer that today will be better for you!!

@raelynnsmama52512 How's the potty training going. Anymore success?

ETA @Italian_Buju I haven't been over to the BB thread yet because I haven't been able to watch the episodes yet but planning on catching up tonight! Fingers crossed

Will look forward to your post whenever you get caught up!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »

Likewise! <3

Hope your vacation is super awesome (and of course it will be!), but I'm sorry that your leg is still bothering you... I figured it would have healed in plenty of time. If it's still bad when you get back home, see a doctor... I won't tell you the gruesome "woman I know with similar injury" story now.

Thanks, @ythannah . I'm pretty stoked.

I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago and she just said it's really badly bruised (bone bruise) and those can take a while to heal. I'd say so, it's been almost 3 weeks and it's still swollen. It was a nasty green color yesterday, but today it is more human colored. I have a good size bruise where my leg meets my foot that I'm kind of concerned about because it doesn't seem to be getting any better and it's really sore, but that could just be location too.

I just realized a pair of wedges that I packed, I won't be able to wear because of where I'm bruised. That is, unless, I feel like being in misery the whole time. Beauty IS pain.

• quiksylver296
    edited June 2015
    Options

Definitely put that on hold till after vacation! Although I would dump the cat at the shelter before you leave so it didn't ruin the house.

Oops, caught up and saw the cat comment. Maybe it can 'accidentally' get out of the house and run away? (Sorry, that's a little evil...)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    My daughter is doing well overall. She is with her dad tonight. She called me, "mom, you were right, I started watching TV and I ate two waffles after dinner. I feel like a walrus." I talked her down and left her feeling better. We have noticed that TV seems to be an eating trigger with her so she took netflix off her phone (which is where she was watching so much, while eating.) She agreed that we'd go for a jog in the morning before work so she didn't have to stress over those calories. I added up what she ate today in my head and I think even with those calories she was at about 1300-1600 calories. That is about right for her especially as we didn't work out today. I told her that she may have eaten too much at one time and for the wrong reasons but that she didn't overeat today. She felt better about that too.

At work today, my daughter looked me over- daughter "Mom, I like those jeans do you think they come in my size?" Me "Yes, we can go look for them this weekend, I'd like another pair too." (Note - daughter is 1 inch taller and about 5 - 6 pounds lighter than me, she's one jean size smaller and I have more butt and hip, but I didn't want to point that out to her because although she does not think I need to lose weight she struggles with thinking she is fat and her logic seems to be that if I'm ok and she's wearing a smaller size than me then it is easier for her to accept herself.) The NSV was teen daughter liked the jeans I bought in Macy's petite section - Levi's. :smiley: Another side note - the ONLY person she judges for anything is herself, she has friends she adores of all shapes, sizes, genders, colors, and orientations. I am working on her not talking so negatively about herself. It is slow going.

Wow!! I think you are an amazing mom. I have a daughter and while I hope and pray that her life is perfect, I know it won't be and when she has trouble, I truly hope I can be half as supportive and understanding as you are for yours.

SAME! You are an incredible mom, and your daughter is blessed to have such an awesome person in her corner.

• MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    [

I agree with this. :) It would have been so much more awesome growing up if my mother was like you! :open_mouth:

Confession: I'm feeling pretty down and depressed today, as mentioned on my status. I tried doing some exercise and watching Phineas and Ferb (No judging, I'm a kid at heart! ;)), but it didn't help much. I honestly feel like I'm going to mess up today and I'm worried that the feeling is right and I'm going to give into it and kill my calories after managing to AT LEAST stick within maintenance for this whole week so far. :(

Also, I'm pretty upset; I just found out that ISIS has blown up another mosque in Kuwait. They blow up one of our holy buildings on the most holy day of the week in THE MOST HOLY MONTH OF THE YEAR, killing Muslims left and right with no regard for life, and people still dare to point their fingers at us and say that Islam is responsible for ISIS.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if I were told that they've raped, tortured, and killed more Muslims than non-Muslims. They are NOT Islamists or Muslim extremists or jihadists or any other label that contains Islam in it, no matter what they might say--they're just a bunch of disgusting murderers. Not that someone who kills a non-Muslim isn't a murderer--killing innocent people is haraam in Islam REGARDLESS of their religion, and anyone who kills them is a disgusting murderer as well; I just hate that people dare to even TRY to blame Muslims for the horrible acts of ISIS when they're mass murdering Muslims TOO, and in their own places of worship.

Thanks for letting me vent. :(

Sending you lots of love. I can only imagine how heartbreaking all of this may be <3
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession
    I don't know what got into me. I sort of (ok I actually) agreed to ride Cycle Oregon with my SO next year. "With" means he'll ride it at his pace and I'll ride it at my pace and we'll be together when not riding. "With" means if there is a harder route he'll take it and if there is an easier route I'll take it. I'm not quite sure how I agreed to this. I have not done a trip like this since I was 15 years old...

That still sounds fun and challenging!