Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 ugh I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling it today :( and so very sorry to hear about the mosque in Kuwait, so horrific to think about all the innocent lives lost. I'm so tired of all the violence it's heart breaking :( Praying for an end and a resolve/solution to all the violence going on in the world lately. Positive thoughts towards you today so maybe you can feel better today!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ok guys I am on the fence about something. I got asked out on a date this weekend. I don't date because in reality I don't have a lot of free time and I am certainly not wanting to take any time away from my son. But in spite of all this I am considering going. What's a girl to do?

Do you like date asker guy? If the answer is yes, then I say GO FOR IT!

I do like said guy lol

Well, then, buy yourself something pretty (sexy, but tasteful) and go and enjoy yourself. If you just get a meal and decent conversation but it doesn't go anywhere, at least you have a pretty new dress to wear later. But if it DOES go somewhere, I think we all expect to be invited to the wedding. :smiley:

Hmmm sexy sounds like something I haven't done in a long time :) And of course you would all be invited honestly I feel closer to you guys lately than most of the people IRL :)

You HAVE to show us your choices before choosing though. I LOVE helping people pick out clothes and I've NEVER helped anyone get ready for a date before, well, besides myself of course. :smiley:

The bold part: me too!

Mo, I just ordered a couple of dresses from Modcloth for a wedding and I'm not sure which I want to wear! It's an afternoon ceremony but evening reception at a mountain lodge, so I went for more "fun" than "formal"...

This pink one
    Or this black embellished one (comes with straps)

When they actually arrive it might turn out that I hate the fit of one or both, but I couldn't decide and had to order both. All my cocktail dresses are either very winter-y (long sleeves, heavy fabrics, etc.) or too big, or make me look like a waitress (because I have an extensive collection of black cocktail dresses that I wore while bartending.)

There's a crazy four-hour gap between the ceremony and cocktail hour, though, so we were going to change, go for a hike, and come back and change back, so maybe I'll wear the pink one for the ceremony and the peacock one for the reception? Is that attention-grabby or weird?

I love love LOVE that peacock dress! But... I'm old school, so no black (or white) at weddings for me. Or is that concept passé now?

Black is very commonly worn at evening weddings here (at least the formal, hotel ballroom or whatever kind.) But I've read it's less common in the American South and in smaller cities/rural areas (where it's more traditional, I guess.) I even see black bridesmaids dresses quite often now.
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @peleroja both of those dress are AWESOME!! I'd wear the formal one for the ceremony and the fun one for the reception where you'll be dancing the night away!! That's just my opinion though, both dresses are fabulous, you have excellent taste!!

I thought the polka dots were more "daytime" than evening - I guess maybe I think it's weird to wear a black dress like that for an afternoon thing? Especially for an outdoor ceremony?

This is not my realm of expertise, though, because I normally just go to work events and wear the same couple of navy or black super conservative dresses, all high neck and sleeves and stuff.

I agree with you: I'd wear the pink one for the ceremony and the black one at night. That one would be super fun to dance in and if anyone even implies that you're taking attention away from the bride maybe tell a little white lie and say you spilled something on the pink one.

Or, maybe I'm a terrible person for thinking this way? Personally, I don't care about weddings being ALL about the bride. They eat up an enormous amount of my time on a weekend, so I'm going to look good and enjoy it!

I'm pretty much that person too because I mostly hate weddings so it's hard to have a good time. Even my own was hard to deal with and it was tiny and very nontraditional. But the whole spend a whole weekend, drive (or fly) for hours, get an expensive hotel room, wait around forever between the ceremony and reception, eat a mass-produced hunk of chicken or "prime rib" at a table full of people you barely know with a glass of mediocre Merlot, sit through hard-to-hear speeches and bouquet tossing and dances and "funny stories" while drunk randos get gropey and terrible music plays...is just not my idea of a good time.

I attend happily for people I really care about because I love them, but I'm always kind of shocked when I hear someone say they like weddings. Everything about them (apart from the actual ceremonies, which are usually nice) makes me unhappy.

Could NOT agree with you more! My husband and I are really role reversed in almost every aspect, including this one. He LOVES weddings. He gets way too excited and spends way more time figuring out what he's going to wear than I do. I dread them.

And, I've worn black to the past two weddings we've gone to. It's easier to wear for an all-day thing that involves food and drinks. Much more forgiving if someone bumps into you and causes a spill.

I'm exactly the same way. I hate attention, dressing up, and having people look at me. I don't dance, the vegetarian meals are usually not very good/filling, I don't drink...the list goes on and on.
    When we have gone to weddings, I have worn black every time.

My maid of honor is a vegetarian, so the first question I asked venues about food was what they'd do as a non-meat option. I also then told them if they said pasta with mixed veg, I was walking out. ;)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Don't share ALL, Mo. We're not that kind of girls. :D

My confession today: I am playing hooky from work. Ninety minutes on my elliptical while watching Extreme Weight Loss, and now I'm laying in my jet tub with a cup of coffee...and you guys. :o

JEALOUS!! Yes that dserves a yell! Plus I'm quite loud in person I feel like I should put everything I say in caps anyhow :)

Ugh so jealous Quik, have a lovely day off!!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    My daughter is doing well overall. She is with her dad tonight. She called me, "mom, you were right, I started watching TV and I ate two waffles after dinner. I feel like a walrus." I talked her down and left her feeling better. We have noticed that TV seems to be an eating trigger with her so she took netflix off her phone (which is where she was watching so much, while eating.) She agreed that we'd go for a jog in the morning before work so she didn't have to stress over those calories. I added up what she ate today in my head and I think even with those calories she was at about 1300-1600 calories. That is about right for her especially as we didn't work out today. I told her that she may have eaten too much at one time and for the wrong reasons but that she didn't overeat today. She felt better about that too.

At work today, my daughter looked me over- daughter "Mom, I like those jeans do you think they come in my size?" Me "Yes, we can go look for them this weekend, I'd like another pair too." (Note - daughter is 1 inch taller and about 5 - 6 pounds lighter than me, she's one jean size smaller and I have more butt and hip, but I didn't want to point that out to her because although she does not think I need to lose weight she struggles with thinking she is fat and her logic seems to be that if I'm ok and she's wearing a smaller size than me then it is easier for her to accept herself.) The NSV was teen daughter liked the jeans I bought in Macy's petite section - Levi's. :smiley: Another side note - the ONLY person she judges for anything is herself, she has friends she adores of all shapes, sizes, genders, colors, and orientations. I am working on her not talking so negatively about herself. It is slow going.

Wow!! I think you are an amazing mom. I have a daughter and while I hope and pray that her life is perfect, I know it won't be and when she has trouble, I truly hope I can be half as supportive and understanding as you are for yours.

Aww thanks. I have a horrible relationship with my mom so I try to give my daughter what she needs. She's a good almost adult teen.

You are an amazing mom @nonoelmo

I agree with this. :) It would have been so much more awesome growing up if my mother was like you! :open_mouth:

Confession: I'm feeling pretty down and depressed today, as mentioned on my status. I tried doing some exercise and watching Phineas and Ferb (No judging, I'm a kid at heart! ;)), but it didn't help much. I honestly feel like I'm going to mess up today and I'm worried that the feeling is right and I'm going to give into it and kill my calories after managing to AT LEAST stick within maintenance for this whole week so far. :(

Also, I'm pretty upset; I just found out that ISIS has blown up another mosque in Kuwait. They blow up one of our holy buildings on the most holy day of the week in THE MOST HOLY MONTH OF THE YEAR, killing Muslims left and right with no regard for life, and people still dare to point their fingers at us and say that Islam is responsible for ISIS.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if I were told that they've raped, tortured, and killed more Muslims than non-Muslims. They are NOT Islamists or Muslim extremists or jihadists or any other label that contains Islam in it, no matter what they might say--they're just a bunch of disgusting murderers. Not that someone who kills a non-Muslim isn't a murderer--killing innocent people is haraam in Islam REGARDLESS of their religion, and anyone who kills them is a disgusting murderer as well; I just hate that people dare to even TRY to blame Muslims for the horrible acts of ISIS when they're mass murdering Muslims TOO, and in their own places of worship.

Thanks for letting me vent. :(

That is heartbreaking. I don't understand why people do such horrendous things to other people, regardless of religion or whatever else. There is a very special place in hell for such people.

I'm sorry you're feeling sad today. Maybe someone needs to share the Super Great shark gif again.

Agreed
  • hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I am planning on having Arby's for dinner tonight (we'll see) and if I do, even if I don't get a DP, I will be 53 calories over my goal for today and it will be the first time in a while, I've been over, so I'm kind of bummed, especially since I was hoping to have another serving of gelato tonight. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if I could work out, but my leg is still jacked up, so I can't do anything really strenuous.

I probably won't be on here much today because I have a lot of stuff to get done before I leave work, but I just wanted to tell you all that I really appreciate what we have here. Even though I've never met any of you, and some of you live on different continents, I feel that we're close friends and have been for a long time. You all make me want to be a better person and I appreciate all your support, and compliments more than you could ever know. I love you guys!

Likewise! <3

Hope your vacation is super awesome (and of course it will be!), but I'm sorry that your leg is still bothering you... I figured it would have healed in plenty of time. If it's still bad when you get back home, see a doctor... I won't tell you the gruesome "woman I know with similar injury" story now.

Thanks, @ythannah . I'm pretty stoked.

I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago and she just said it's really badly bruised (bone bruise) and those can take a while to heal. I'd say so, it's been almost 3 weeks and it's still swollen. It was a nasty green color yesterday, but today it is more human colored. I have a good size bruise where my leg meets my foot that I'm kind of concerned about because it doesn't seem to be getting any better and it's really sore, but that could just be location too.

I just realized a pair of wedges that I packed, I won't be able to wear because of where I'm bruised. That is, unless, I feel like being in misery the whole time. Beauty IS pain.

Just to give you a frame of reference for that bruise, I got one of those playing rugby (I got kicked in the shin really hard), and it took 2 months for the swelling to go down, then another 6 months for the bruising to go away fully. Long process, but it will get better!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 ugh I'm so sorry to hear you're not feeling it today :( and so very sorry to hear about the mosque in Kuwait, so horrific to think about all the innocent lives lost. I'm so tired of all the violence it's heart breaking :( Praying for an end and a resolve/solution to all the violence going on in the world lately. Positive thoughts towards you today so maybe you can feel better today!

@LBuehrle8 Thanks for putting in words what I wanted to say. Every time I went to type a response to this it came out sounding wrong.

@Susieq_1994 Big hugs and comfort to you today!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 I'm sending you more hugs for how awful that is!!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 I'm sending you more hugs for how awful that is!!

And some from me as well :(
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 happy birthday and MFP anniversary :)

@MoHousdon enjoy your vacation and I hope your step-daughter comes to pick up her cat :(

@Susieq_1994 I am so sorry you are having a bad day, and the violence is just heart breaking. Sending you happy thoughts.

@Francl27 I'm sending you full thoughts!

@quiksylver296 Jealous!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @kelly_c_77
    Hope you have a great day!!

Last night I had a VERY stressful meeting and even more so because the worse topics we ended up tabling after myself and another person just fought back and forth about them for almost an hour, for the second month in a row, and now will have to revisits them next month again.

I confess I came home and wallowed in grief bacon.

I just woke up and am heading off to work soon, but after laying in bed for about 15 minutes still stressing about that meeting, I woke up and saw that the states finally has country wide same sex marriage, so now I am super happy and feeling better. Until the next meeting at least lol.

Grief Bacon!

Sorry your meeting went so poorly!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Thanks for all of the hugs, everyone. :( It hasn't been a good day today at all. Here's hoping my calorie goal won't head down the same path as the rest of the day--but Mr. Susie says he'll take me out for a mall walk, since it's too hot to walk outdoors right now. Maybe that will help. :)
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    ok guys I am on the fence about something. I got asked out on a date this weekend. I don't date because in reality I don't have a lot of free time and I am certainly not wanting to take any time away from my son. But in spite of all this I am considering going. What's a girl to do?

I do like said guy lol

Well, then, buy yourself something pretty (sexy, but tasteful) and go and enjoy yourself. If you just get a meal and decent conversation but it doesn't go anywhere, at least you have a pretty new dress to wear later. But if it DOES go somewhere, I think we all expect to be invited to the wedding. :smiley:

Hmmm sexy sounds like something I haven't done in a long time :) And of course you would all be invited honestly I feel closer to you guys lately than most of the people IRL :)

You HAVE to show us your choices before choosing though. I LOVE helping people pick out clothes and I've NEVER helped anyone get ready for a date before, well, besides myself of course. :smiley:

Mo, I just ordered a couple of dresses from Modcloth for a wedding and I'm not sure which I want to wear! It's an afternoon ceremony but evening reception at a mountain lodge, so I went for more "fun" than "formal"...

This pink one

When they actually arrive it might turn out that I hate the fit of one or both, but I couldn't decide and had to order both. All my cocktail dresses are either very winter-y (long sleeves, heavy fabrics, etc.) or too big, or make me look like a waitress (because I have an extensive collection of black cocktail dresses that I wore while bartending.)

There's a crazy four-hour gap between the ceremony and cocktail hour, though, so we were going to change, go for a hike, and come back and change back, so maybe I'll wear the pink one for the ceremony and the peacock one for the reception? Is that attention-grabby or weird?

I love love LOVE that peacock dress! But... I'm old school, so no black (or white) at weddings for me. Or is that concept passé now?

Black is very commonly worn at evening weddings here (at least the formal, hotel ballroom or whatever kind.) But I've read it's less common in the American South and in smaller cities/rural areas (where it's more traditional, I guess.) I even see black bridesmaids dresses quite often now.
    @peleroja both of those dress are AWESOME!! I'd wear the formal one for the ceremony and the fun one for the reception where you'll be dancing the night away!! That's just my opinion though, both dresses are fabulous, you have excellent taste!!

I thought the polka dots were more "daytime" than evening - I guess maybe I think it's weird to wear a black dress like that for an afternoon thing? Especially for an outdoor ceremony?

This is not my realm of expertise, though, because I normally just go to work events and wear the same couple of navy or black super conservative dresses, all high neck and sleeves and stuff.

I agree with you: I'd wear the pink one for the ceremony and the black one at night. That one would be super fun to dance in and if anyone even implies that you're taking attention away from the bride maybe tell a little white lie and say you spilled something on the pink one.

Or, maybe I'm a terrible person for thinking this way? Personally, I don't care about weddings being ALL about the bride. They eat up an enormous amount of my time on a weekend, so I'm going to look good and enjoy it!

I'm pretty much that person too because I mostly hate weddings so it's hard to have a good time. Even my own was hard to deal with and it was tiny and very nontraditional. But the whole spend a whole weekend, drive (or fly) for hours, get an expensive hotel room, wait around forever between the ceremony and reception, eat a mass-produced hunk of chicken or "prime rib" at a table full of people you barely know with a glass of mediocre Merlot, sit through hard-to-hear speeches and bouquet tossing and dances and "funny stories" while drunk randos get gropey and terrible music plays...is just not my idea of a good time.

I attend happily for people I really care about because I love them, but I'm always kind of shocked when I hear someone say they like weddings. Everything about them (apart from the actual ceremonies, which are usually nice) makes me unhappy.

Could NOT agree with you more! My husband and I are really role reversed in almost every aspect, including this one. He LOVES weddings. He gets way too excited and spends way more time figuring out what he's going to wear than I do. I dread them.

And, I've worn black to the past two weddings we've gone to. It's easier to wear for an all-day thing that involves food and drinks. Much more forgiving if someone bumps into you and causes a spill.

I'm exactly the same way. I hate attention, dressing up, and having people look at me. I don't dance, the vegetarian meals are usually not very good/filling, I don't drink...the list goes on and on.

Yes ma'am! We are twins. I do drink, but I'm very careful at weddings. Nothing like being unsteady on my high heels to completely ruin a whole look! Plus, if I am the designated driver I have more say over how long we stay.

All of this! Having people look at me and making conversation with people I don't know well, wedding food, etc etc...they're such terrible events for me. I'm also horrified by the expense and the wastefulness. The idea of spending $30,000 on one party makes me die a little inside. I just...you could do so much with that money! I don't care if that's judge-y (as it's not directed towards anyone in this thread...) I just don't get it.

And re: cake...you're all wonderful people and all, but wedding cake is definitely not sufficient compensation for having to attend an entire wedding reception, haha.

Most of the time it's not even good cake, just sickly sweet and covered in stale fondant. Such a sad dessert.

I do like the "dessert table" trend, though...but still. Definitely doesn't soothe my wedding pain.

My friend - who happens to be a trained pastry chef (!!!!) - is making our cake as her gift to us. She's going to make her basics, and the if I decide that the spice cake should be cinnamony-er or something, she'll adjust.

I am a bit over excited by the fact that I will not have terrible wedding food. Because that's what's going to save me from boredom. ;)
  • kellienw335
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    growl! Forum is being stupid againnnn!
    @susieq_1994 sending you lots and lots of love, I can only imagine how heartbreaking all of this must be for you. <3

Thank you. <3

It is. :( Especially reading about Muslim girls who were tricked into going there, then become prisoners who get raped and then killed if they won't marry the so-called jihadists or if they try to escape and go back home. :(

It's so sad and makes no sense. Sending you hugs!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Group Hug!
    jsc57j0cu9b8.gif
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    Confession: I had a lab tour this morning, which normally takes all of half an hour. This was for two cytology students, so they ask more questions than normal, so I figured 45-60 minutes max. Two hours later...

I didn't get to eat lunch until almost 1pm and people nearly got murdered.
  • kellienw335
    Options
    Totally stealing this from another thread, so hope it works. If not, then the link is there too. And if you're bored today check out this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10196332/dr-ozs-total-10-rapid-weight-loss-plan/p1

3rtgocxnk58p.gif

http://byt.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/dr.-oz.gif
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Wow!! Thank you for all the birthday wishes!! I am really feeling the love!!! <3 You guys are the best (super great!)!! I'm so excited for dinner/dessert tonight. I've already eaten a red velvet whoopee pie (before lunch!)...so looks like my calorie count is up more than I planned...but guess what? I DON'T CARE TODAY!! :smiley:
    @Susieq_1994, I am so sorry that you are having a tough day! I really have no words...but, hugs to you!
    @CountessKitteh, that's really nice of you to make sure that your vegetarian MOH (and other guests) will have something good to eat!! You have to let me (us) know what you end up with for the veggie option! :)
    @MoHousdon, sorry about the ongoing stepdaughter/cat drama!!! What a bummer...but set all of that aside because you are going to have the BEST vacation ever with your sweet, loving Mr. Mo! Have a blast...can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures when you're back! We'll miss you!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 Happy birthday!! Hope you have a great day.

I have to say I think you are one of the sweetest people on this thread, you always seem to remember things other people say and be checking up on them. Enjoy your dinner out.

Same is also true for @riderfangal - you seem totally sweet too. Have fun on your date. I've only just caught up.

Just wanted to add..that this is really sweet of you to say! Made my day. Thank you! :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I went to take a shower after the gym, and my son got hungry... so he went and made himself a sandwich. That's seriously huge. Usually it's 'I'm hungry' all day and they never make their own stuff!

Confession - I just set my goal at maintenance. This is going to be my hungry week, then vacations, so at least this way I have a chance that I won't be in the red every single day. Maybe.

And happy birthday @kelly_c_77 . Enjoy your day!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options

I do like said guy lol

This pink one

Yes ma'am! We are twins. I do drink, but I'm very careful at weddings. Nothing like being unsteady on my high heels to completely ruin a whole look! Plus, if I am the designated driver I have more say over how long we stay.

All of this! Having people look at me and making conversation with people I don't know well, wedding food, etc etc...they're such terrible events for me. I'm also horrified by the expense and the wastefulness. The idea of spending $30,000 on one party makes me die a little inside. I just...you could do so much with that money! I don't care if that's judge-y (as it's not directed towards anyone in this thread...) I just don't get it.

And re: cake...you're all wonderful people and all, but wedding cake is definitely not sufficient compensation for having to attend an entire wedding reception, haha.

Most of the time it's not even good cake, just sickly sweet and covered in stale fondant. Such a sad dessert.

I do like the "dessert table" trend, though...but still. Definitely doesn't soothe my wedding pain.

That, plus a ridiculous amount of money for a dress that will only be worn ONCE... and all the damned fuss leading up to it!

Unfortunately the "dessert table" thing hasn't caught on here yet, that might be some compensation for me, lol.

My SO's daughter is getting married six months from now and I'm already dreading it. Thankfully I'm not involved in any of the preparations -- other than I'm apparently supposed to be nagging the SO to get a new suit, custom made no less, wtf?? -- but every now and then I catch some of the ongoing planning saga and it makes me cringe every time. Naturally, we'll be stuck at the reception to the bitter end... no ducking out early from this one :'(

I am hoping to dodge the photo shoot by insisting that I need to come home and feed the dogs. Since I'm not actually family, I think I can pull this one off successfully.