Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    I am planning on having Arby's for dinner tonight (we'll see) and if I do, even if I don't get a DP, I will be 53 calories over my goal for today and it will be the first time in a while, I've been over, so I'm kind of bummed, especially since I was hoping to have another serving of gelato tonight. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if I could work out, but my leg is still jacked up, so I can't do anything really strenuous.

I probably won't be on here much today because I have a lot of stuff to get done before I leave work, but I just wanted to tell you all that I really appreciate what we have here. Even though I've never met any of you, and some of you live on different continents, I feel that we're close friends and have been for a long time. You all make me want to be a better person and I appreciate all your support, and compliments more than you could ever know. I love you guys!

Likewise! <3

Hope your vacation is super awesome (and of course it will be!), but I'm sorry that your leg is still bothering you... I figured it would have healed in plenty of time. If it's still bad when you get back home, see a doctor... I won't tell you the gruesome "woman I know with similar injury" story now.

Thanks, @ythannah . I'm pretty stoked.

I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago and she just said it's really badly bruised (bone bruise) and those can take a while to heal. I'd say so, it's been almost 3 weeks and it's still swollen. It was a nasty green color yesterday, but today it is more human colored. I have a good size bruise where my leg meets my foot that I'm kind of concerned about because it doesn't seem to be getting any better and it's really sore, but that could just be location too.

I just realized a pair of wedges that I packed, I won't be able to wear because of where I'm bruised. That is, unless, I feel like being in misery the whole time. Beauty IS pain.

Just to give you a frame of reference for that bruise, I got one of those playing rugby (I got kicked in the shin really hard), and it took 2 months for the swelling to go down, then another 6 months for the bruising to go away fully. Long process, but it will get better!

6 MONTHS!!! Sheesh. I am a slow healer too, so it could quite possibly take every bit of that. Dang it.

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Wow!! Thank you for all the birthday wishes!! I am really feeling the love!!! <3 You guys are the best (super great!)!! I'm so excited for dinner/dessert tonight. I've already eaten a red velvet whoopee pie (before lunch!)...so looks like my calorie count is up more than I planned...but guess what? I DON'T CARE TODAY!! :smiley:
    @Susieq_1994, I am so sorry that you are having a tough day! I really have no words...but, hugs to you!
    @CountessKitteh, that's really nice of you to make sure that your vegetarian MOH (and other guests) will have something good to eat!! You have to let me (us) know what you end up with for the veggie option! :)
    @MoHousdon, sorry about the ongoing stepdaughter/cat drama!!! What a bummer...but set all of that aside because you are going to have the BEST vacation ever with your sweet, loving Mr. Mo! Have a blast...can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures when you're back! We'll miss you!

She happens to eat fish, so that gives me more options! I think we're going with a Chilean Sea Bass with a ginger scallion (I think - didn't care, it was amazing) sauce. Sides will probably be standard roasted veggies (for everyone - buffet!) because it'll be late fall in Pennsylvania.

However, I'm also having a FRENCH FRY BAR so who cares about dinner? Plus most of the things they'll be passing around during cocktail hour happen to be seafood or non-meat (figs with goat cheese and balsamic reduction what?!) because I think it's important to mix it up. I like food way too much to settle.

Nothing's finalized since I'm an insane person and still have 16 months until my wedding, but these are very important decisions so I've started working on them now. ;)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 happy birthday and MFP anniversary :)

@MoHousdon enjoy your vacation and I hope your step-daughter comes to pick up her cat :(

@Susieq_1994 I am so sorry you are having a bad day, and the violence is just heart breaking. Sending you happy thoughts.

@Francl27 I'm sending you full thoughts!

@quiksylver296 Jealous!

That made me giggle.

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I am planning on having Arby's for dinner tonight (we'll see) and if I do, even if I don't get a DP, I will be 53 calories over my goal for today and it will be the first time in a while, I've been over, so I'm kind of bummed, especially since I was hoping to have another serving of gelato tonight. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if I could work out, but my leg is still jacked up, so I can't do anything really strenuous.

I probably won't be on here much today because I have a lot of stuff to get done before I leave work, but I just wanted to tell you all that I really appreciate what we have here. Even though I've never met any of you, and some of you live on different continents, I feel that we're close friends and have been for a long time. You all make me want to be a better person and I appreciate all your support, and compliments more than you could ever know. I love you guys!

Likewise! <3

Hope your vacation is super awesome (and of course it will be!), but I'm sorry that your leg is still bothering you... I figured it would have healed in plenty of time. If it's still bad when you get back home, see a doctor... I won't tell you the gruesome "woman I know with similar injury" story now.

I went to the doctor 2 weeks ago and she just said it's really badly bruised (bone bruise) and those can take a while to heal. I'd say so, it's been almost 3 weeks and it's still swollen. It was a nasty green color yesterday, but today it is more human colored. I have a good size bruise where my leg meets my foot that I'm kind of concerned about because it doesn't seem to be getting any better and it's really sore, but that could just be location too.

I just realized a pair of wedges that I packed, I won't be able to wear because of where I'm bruised. That is, unless, I feel like being in misery the whole time. Beauty IS pain.

My completely non-medical opinion is that the bruising is just blood pooling from the original injury and the farther injuries are from the torso, the longer they take to heal.

The woman I referred to ended up with a bone infection from getting hit with a baseball on her shin area. If your site isn't red you're probably safe.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Wow!! Thank you for all the birthday wishes!! I am really feeling the love!!! <3 You guys are the best (super great!)!! I'm so excited for dinner/dessert tonight. I've already eaten a red velvet whoopee pie (before lunch!)...so looks like my calorie count is up more than I planned...but guess what? I DON'T CARE TODAY!! :smiley:
    @Susieq_1994, I am so sorry that you are having a tough day! I really have no words...but, hugs to you!
    @CountessKitteh, that's really nice of you to make sure that your vegetarian MOH (and other guests) will have something good to eat!! You have to let me (us) know what you end up with for the veggie option! :)
    @MoHousdon, sorry about the ongoing stepdaughter/cat drama!!! What a bummer...but set all of that aside because you are going to have the BEST vacation ever with your sweet, loving Mr. Mo! Have a blast...can't wait to hear all about it and see pictures when you're back! We'll miss you!

She happens to eat fish, so that gives me more options! I think we're going with a Chilean Sea Bass with a ginger scallion (I think - didn't care, it was amazing) sauce. Sides will probably be standard roasted veggies (for everyone - buffet!) because it'll be late fall in Pennsylvania.

However, I'm also having a FRENCH FRY BAR so who cares about dinner? Plus most of the things they'll be passing around during cocktail hour happen to be seafood or non-meat (figs with goat cheese and balsamic reduction what?!) because I think it's important to mix it up. I like food way too much to settle.

Nothing's finalized since I'm an insane person and still have 16 months until my wedding, but these are very important decisions so I've started working on them now. ;)

My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail.

If I EVER have a wedding/vowel renewal, I'm 100% stealing this idea. French fries are seriously one of my favorite foods and a French fry bar would make me happier than I really care to admit. I may also have a DP fountain. You know, like a chocolate fountain, only with Dr. Pepper.

• MoHousdon
    Options

Likewise! <3

My completely non-medical opinion is that the bruising is just blood pooling from the original injury and the farther injuries are from the torso, the longer they take to heal.

The woman I referred to ended up with a bone infection from getting hit with a baseball on her shin area. If your site isn't red you're probably safe.

Nope, no redness, just swelling and leg hair. :smiley: It hurts to shave, but I'm going to do it tonight so I won't be a hairy beach beast.

• hnsaunde
    hnsaunde Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »

Likewise! <3

Just to give you a frame of reference for that bruise, I got one of those playing rugby (I got kicked in the shin really hard), and it took 2 months for the swelling to go down, then another 6 months for the bruising to go away fully. Long process, but it will get better!

6 MONTHS!!! Sheesh. I am a slow healer too, so it could quite possibly take every bit of that. Dang it.

I'm also a slow healer, but the bruising gets way less noticeable once the swelling goes down. Bone bruises suck!

• KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Stepdaughter was a no show. Again. A friend at my work suggested showing up where she works since she won't return messages from either one of us. I hate that it's come to this.

I wish I had words of wisdom. I'm so sorry you are having to deal with this. I suspect step daughter is very messed up right now but that does not make your path any more clear. (HUGS)

Thanks. When I was talking to Mr. Mo, he said that the way she's acting right now reminds him of the way her mom acted when they were together. Thanks for the hugs.

That really stinks! What are you going to do with the cat while you're gone?

I messaged her last night and told her she has until today to come get her because Rach is staying with my mom and taking the dogs. She didn't respond, so I'm not really sure. Mr. Mo said that he thinks if we take her to the humane society, stepdaughter will never speak to him again, and I told him that's why I haven't done it yet. I really don't know what to do...

She has abandoned that cat. She clearly does not care about it and it deserves a chance at a good home. If that causes her to stop speaking to him, even after clearly telling her you can no longer care for it, then she is looking for an excuse and if it is not that, it will be something else. Please take that cat to the HS before you leave.

i agree with this.

i feel so terrible for you AND the cat, because neither of you asked for or deserve the mess you're stuck in.
    and if that's how she's going to treat her cat, she doesn't deserve to have a pet.

i really hope you'll be able to push this all out of your head for a bit so you can have a great vacation!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    confession: last night after a heated "debate" with my ex over the destruction and prolonged death of our relationship, i decided to self medicate with muffins.

i'd also had a few beverages by this point, and was kinda tired. after i put the muffins in the oven, i sat down on the kitchen floor to pet wolverine, and managed to fall asleep with my head resting on the dog bed. when i woke up, the timer was going off and the kitchen was a bit smokey. my muffins ended up being lil hockey pucks. :|
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Pretty much wiped my deficit for the week in the last two days. Hoping I do better this week end!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Pretty much wiped my deficit for the week in the last two days. Hoping I do better this week end!

You will do better this weekend!!!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    confession: last night after a heated "debate" with my ex over the destruction and prolonged death of our relationship, i decided to self medicate with muffins.

i'd also had a few beverages by this point, and was kinda tired. after i put the muffins in the oven, i sat down on the kitchen floor to pet wolverine, and managed to fall asleep with my head resting on the dog bed. when i woke up, the timer was going off and the kitchen was a bit smokey. my muffins ended up being lil hockey pucks. :|

There will be no drinking and baking or talking to exes on this thread! Please be careful! (Hugs)
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Confession
    I don't know what got into me. I sort of (ok I actually) agreed to ride Cycle Oregon with my SO next year. "With" means he'll ride it at his pace and I'll ride it at my pace and we'll be together when not riding. "With" means if there is a harder route he'll take it and if there is an easier route I'll take it. I'm not quite sure how I agreed to this. I have not done a trip like this since I was 15 years old...

This is awesome!!! I live in the Pacific NW and have always wanted to do Cycle Oregon, but lacked the funds, the endurance, or the vacation time to give it a try.

I've been lurking this thread for awhile now and have enjoyed the support, kindness, and honesty on display here. :-)

Confession - This is my first post ever on this site. I'm somewhat antisocial - I don't really seek out lots of friends or acquaintances, preferring my few close friends/family to having lots of surface-type relationships with others. So my only friends on MFP are people I actually know IRL. That's not a very good confession. Hmmmm... I love ice cream to the point that if I buy it, I will eat it. All of it. Now.

I'm lucky to have a wonderfully supportive husband and family as I work to get fit again.

Lastly - My profile pic is about 9 years old. Being in shape again like that is where I'd like to be again. It is my inspiration for doing all the work it takes to get from where I am now to where I'd like to be.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Ack I'm 22 pages behind!

I'm in book-mourning as I've just finished the latest book in the Song of Ice and Fire series (Game of Thrones for you tv people) and the next one isn't even finished being written. Boo!

I'm not sure if book-mourning is a real phrase, but I know several people on this thread will know exactly what I mean.

If that isn't a real phrase it definitely should be. I know I've felt it before and I probably will again.

I totally get book-mourning, especially after a series. (I'm looking at YOU, Rick Riordan!)

ME TOO!!! I read constantly. One of my favorite series is by Patrick Rothfuss. The first book is called The Name of the Wind. The series isn't finished and the waiting for book 3 has been DREADFULLY long.

ETA - Also, The Song of Ice and Fire series is amazing. I totally understand your mourning. Also, I loved Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson series! I think we might have similar taste in books!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Confession
    I don't know what got into me. I sort of (ok I actually) agreed to ride Cycle Oregon with my SO next year. "With" means he'll ride it at his pace and I'll ride it at my pace and we'll be together when not riding. "With" means if there is a harder route he'll take it and if there is an easier route I'll take it. I'm not quite sure how I agreed to this. I have not done a trip like this since I was 15 years old...

This is awesome!!! I live in the Pacific NW and have always wanted to do Cycle Oregon, but lacked the funds, the endurance, or the vacation time to give it a try.

I've been lurking this thread for awhile now and have enjoyed the support, kindness, and honesty on display here. :-)

Confession - This is my first post ever on this site. I'm somewhat antisocial - I don't really seek out lots of friends or acquaintances, preferring my few close friends/family to having lots of surface-type relationships with others. So my only friends on MFP are people I actually know IRL. That's not a very good confession. Hmmmm... I love ice cream to the point that if I buy it, I will eat it. All of it. Now.

I'm lucky to have a wonderfully supportive husband and family as I work to get fit again.

Lastly - My profile pic is about 9 years old. Being in shape again like that is where I'd like to be again. It is my inspiration for doing all the work it takes to get from where I am now to where I'd like to be.

Welcome! This thread is the best!!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

I've never heard of a french fry bar, that sounds amazing! I apologize if you took offense to my comment about buffets but your food sounds incredible! I can't believe you have so much planned and there's still 16 months to go.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Also, I'm pretty upset; I just found out that ISIS has blown up another mosque in Kuwait. They blow up one of our holy buildings on the most holy day of the week in THE MOST HOLY MONTH OF THE YEAR, killing Muslims left and right with no regard for life, and people still dare to point their fingers at us and say that Islam is responsible for ISIS.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if I were told that they've raped, tortured, and killed more Muslims than non-Muslims. They are NOT Islamists or Muslim extremists or jihadists or any other label that contains Islam in it, no matter what they might say--they're just a bunch of disgusting murderers. Not that someone who kills a non-Muslim isn't a murderer--killing innocent people is haraam in Islam REGARDLESS of their religion, and anyone who kills them is a disgusting murderer as well; I just hate that people dare to even TRY to blame Muslims for the horrible acts of ISIS when they're mass murdering Muslims TOO, and in their own places of worship.

Thanks for letting me vent. :(

I'm horrified. Words fail me. I'm saddened and angered and appalled and so many other emotions that there are people that behave like this in the world.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

My invitation must have gotten lost in the mail.

If I EVER have a wedding/vowel renewal, I'm 100% stealing this idea. French fries are seriously one of my favorite foods and a French fry bar would make me happier than I really care to admit. I may also have a DP fountain. You know, like a chocolate fountain, only with Dr. Pepper.

Dr Pepper fountain, that's funny stuff. :D

Come to think of it, I may steal the french fry bar idea too. We like to have game nights/parties at our house and I'm always trying to think of new food to serve.

ETA: I can't spell
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Stepdaughter was a no show. Again. A friend at my work suggested showing up where she works since she won't return messages from either one of us. I hate that it's come to this.

Uuuugh.... :( when is vacation again?

Manana! We fly out tomorrow morning and back home next Saturday which also happens to be the 4th of July so that should be interesting. I think I'm more excited than anxious now. I was really dreading the flight, but I think I'll be fine...I bought Dramamine and I'm bringing lots of snacks. :smile:

Nice! Enjoy and leave your mental baggage at the door. (which I know you will)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Confession

Waves :) Hello and welcome!