Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    seriously? yeah because trying to guilt me into letting you come over to my place is an AWESOME first date.

then i get home and i have all these msg's from him saying he's leaving the dating website he found me on because he just can't handle how ppl are, and what was my problem that i couldn't trust him?!

well duh, we live in the same area, of course that makes him trustworthy!

sigh... :s

Because he can't handle how dating website girls aren't easy lays?

Since "snuggle" sounds like code for "go to your place and proceed to manipulate/coerce/guilt trip you into putting out", I'd say you dodged a bullet with that one. Ick.

Isn't that what Tinder is for?

(I've never used it so don't actually know how it works)

hahahaha, right?
    i was honestly too scared to go on tinder, i think that's a young persons game!
    and now don't mind me as i tend my flowers and go watch my stories.... ;)
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Confession; I overate for dinner today. I'm still within my calories because I've had light meals the rest of the day, but I made way more veg and pasta sauce than I needed, but I just hate wasting food.

On a more positive note, I went for my trial shift today and I got the job! It's only kitchen work but I'm super excited to have something to do over the summer :) And I finally got round to finding a new pair of shorts (mine are a bit big on me) and I've gone down a size! :)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Oh finally have to start my meeting. So here is an update on my progress to date. Got to hotel. Had enough time to run and shower before meeting so ate a power bar to hold me over as I ate at 3:30 this am. Then got caught by this thread. Missed window. But now needed to grab lunch before meeting. So...wasted 240 calories. Now I have to force myself to run after "drinks" tonight. To make up for the extra calories. Hopefully reporting back to you all will make this happen!

ETA I thought I posted this hours ago!

Good luck. Hope the rest of your day goes smoothly!!!
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    seriously? yeah because trying to guilt me into letting you come over to my place is an AWESOME first date.

then i get home and i have all these msg's from him saying he's leaving the dating website he found me on because he just can't handle how ppl are, and what was my problem that i couldn't trust him?!

Since "snuggle" sounds like code for "go to your place and proceed to manipulate/coerce/guilt trip you into putting out", I'd say you dodged a bullet with that one. Ick.

hahahaha, right?
    i was honestly too scared to go on tinder, i think that's a young persons game!
    and now don't mind me as i tend my flowers and go watch my stories.... ;)

I've never checked it out either. Kids these days and their crazy apps! Back in my day you had to go out to bars to pick people up. Lol
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    Confession; I overate for dinner today. I'm still within my calories because I've had light meals the rest of the day, but I made way more veg and pasta sauce than I needed, but I just hate wasting food.

On a more positive note, I went for my trial shift today and I got the job! It's only kitchen work but I'm super excited to have something to do over the summer :) And I finally got round to finding a new pair of shorts (mine are a bit big on me) and I've gone down a size! :)

Congrats on both!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Is @BZAH10 on vacation? Didn't see her on her all weekend.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    @orangesmartie I'm really glad you're feeling better today. I hate that feeling that just sucks you down and you can't seem to pull out of it--that's what I'm going through today.

Confession: My favorite ice cream brand (London Dairy, as I mentioned before) just came out with three brand new flavors: Lemon Cake, Spicy Cranberry, and Red Velvet Cheesecake. The Lemon Cake flavor reminded me of all the recent talk of lemon flavored ice creams/gelato in this thread, so I HAD to buy it. The confession is that I bought one pint of each...

I also took a nice big bite out of each to decide whether I liked them. I'm not a big lemon fan, so the Lemon Cake is so-so. The Spicy Cranberry I had serious doubts about, but it's actually pretty awesome, with a spicy kick afterwards. The Red Velvet Cheesecake.. Mmmm.

The Spicy Cranberry seems interesting. When I looked at your food diary I wasn't sure if it was ice cream or a sauce.

Today I bought two more ice creams at Giant which was another Yuengling's Buttered Caramel Popcorn & Turkey Hill's Southern Lemon Pie. I am now banning myself from buying more ice cream unless Giant miraculously starts to stock the Talenti Raspberry Cheesecake.

i picked up the southern lemon pie too!
    i haven't tried it yet....trying to pace myself, plus i hate freezer burn, which i get all the time on everything :|

So much for banning myself, because I bought more ice cream at this Grocery Outlet.

Today I went shopping at GoodWill & found absolutely nothing. I try not to go into a thrift store with an idea of stuff I want to buy, because you often will leave disappointed. I seen a pair of Free People jeans that looked so cute, but they were a 29 & I wear a 31 or 32. It seems that most of what I like at the thrift store is either way too small or way too big. I also get irritated when I see they overprice clothes that come from Wal-Mart, Target, or K-Mart. The one time at Salvation Army they had a new with tag sign that said something like $15.99 & it had a tag on from Ross for $5.99 (major fail). I did manage to find a cute dress for my niece that was around $2.50.

I then went shopping with my mom to help her get stuff ready for her vacation & we went to Giant, Weis, Rite Aid, & Wal-Mart.

I bought the most at Wal-Mart & the Grocery Outlet. The Grocery Outlet is a newish store that sells near expiration date foods; however, you still have to be careful since some of the food items are cheaper at other major grocers. I found Chobani yogurt the Simply 100 for $0.59 cents (cheapest I ever found that brand) & bought five packs of grape tomatoes for only $0.97 cents each. I bought some snacky things like seaweed in various flavors for $0.99 cents (never tried seaweed) & Ranch Kale for $2.99. After I went to the other stores I went back to stock up on more ice cream (I think I need to go to ice cream lovers anonymous) & bought the following:

Edy's Egg Nog ($1.99)
    Ben & Jerry's Blueberry Vanilla Graham Yogurt ($0.99 the cheapest I ever found Ben & Jerry's)
    Walgreen's Cinnamon Bun Blast
    Kemp's Frozen Mint Trees
    Yoplait Honey Caramel Frozen Yogurt
    Some kind of Ginger Frozen Yogurt

I think from now on I'll go there & stock up on ice cream since it was dirt cheap.

I had a few weird comments buying my ice cream & even one from the cashier & I should've said yep & look at me I lost over 140-150 pounds.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    I missed the Tinder train by a year or so but My SO and I met on Plenty of Fish. Online dating is scary and fun!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »

Super Great X 2! Congrats on both accomplishments!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    I missed the Tinder train by a year or so but My SO and I met on Plenty of Fish. Online dating is scary and fun!

I was on eHarmony a few years ago and did meet a nice guy. He wasn't right for me, but he proved that there are decent guys that use dating sites!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Guys, remember that London Dairy new ice cream flavor I mentioned? The Red Velvet Cheesecake one? IT IS TO DIE FOR. Seriously. It's SO good! It has swirls of ooey gooey red velvet caramel-textured stuff, chunks of a dense, chewy red velvet cake, and generously sized chunks of cheesecake. The ice cream itself has a cream cheese-like taste, similar to cream cheese frosting but not as sweet or rich. SO GOOD.

The other two are okay. I'm just sad that the cheesecake one is finished because I shared it with my husband (he didn't like the other two). :p

Yum sounds so good.

LOL since you guys have funny senses of humor I could see you two dueling over it like this Dairy Queen commercial :p .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyL-95a6AnE
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Momjogger wrote: »
    This is such a cute idea and I love all your posts. I cut a watermelon in half and eat out the middle with a spoon and then only log one cup. All.....the.....time. It keeps me from eating (and doing) bad things due to a state of hangry. Sometimes an active girl just NEEDS to grab a spoon and a watermelon to keep everyone else around her alive. I would also totally eat dried chocolate powder ANYTHING is I was having a craving, so I get that one!

Welcome to the thread!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    hnsaunde wrote: »
    Confession: It was my sister's birthday this weekend, and we had ice cream cake for her yesterday. I just dug in with a fork once everyone else was done, and I regret nothing! I'd just finished a 6 hour round trip hike up a mountain with a 970m elevation gain in 31 degree Celsius weather and I was starving. I've been trying mindful eating for the past few days, with a fair bit of success, but that completely went out the window yesterday.

I would say after doing a mountain hike you certainly earned it!!

This! You definitely earned that ice cream cake.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Way behind again. :( Here are some things I wanted to comment on:
    How are things going with the boyfriend?

Blah. I am so torn on this still. He keeps saying he wants to try but at the same time he admitted that whenever we fight now he withdraws more and more. He basically wants to start over and take things slow. I've only been seeing him about 3 hours each week. Since I'm a lady, I always think talking things over and working on it makes more sense but that's just me I guess...
    He is still planning on spending the day before my bday and my bday with me Friday and Saturday so I'm curious to see how it goes.

I'm sick of being so negative and down about everything. I can't wait to be happy again.

I am not judging (well him maybe a little) but how do you start over after 11 years?

Exactly, it just sounds silly.

You don't. There's just too much emotional baggage to do that. Your man sounds like an excuse maker manipulating to maintain control while also not committing to anything. Sadly, I feel this will continue for the duration of you two being together.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I thought it was a legit dating site (saw a show about it, maybe Doc Zone??) but that -- like every other dating site, says my cynical side -- it was primarily used as a hookup site.

The one that really bugs me is Ashley Madison, which apparently is specifically for married/committed dudes to find a discreet piece on the side. >:)

For the record, I have nothing against casual hookups provided all parties involved are on the same page about the nature of the interaction. Hidden agendas and pretense always annoy me.

Ugh that's awful! I agree I have no issues with people who want multiple partners or enjoy casual flings/one night stands but at least be honest about your current partner status and what you want going forward!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Wow, you guys, 900 new posts...

I had to skip some pages so I apologize.

I've got a serious case of the hangries today. Work is absolutely mental this month (big, big merger-type thing happening with the government involved) and all I want to do is eat all the stuff that keeps appearing in the kitchen (Nutella doughnuts?) But I've been having way too much fun already this month (camping trips, parties, hanging out with a beer at my pool, etc.) and none of my trousers are going to button if I continue in this vein, so...I'm living on vanilla orchid oolong tea and nerves until further notice. I'm usually a litres-of-black-coffee kinda girl but I've been really good at cutting that down over the past couple months so I'm trying not to backslide.

Still. Ugh.

My Modcloth dress order should be here tomorrow so I'll probably be able to pick it up on Thursday and show you guys photos of the dresses I posted last week so you can help me decide.

I'm really excited to have Wednesday off for Canada Day because it makes the work week seem so much better. I love weird holidays like that.

@KylerJaye and the online dating, good for you for sticking to your guns and not letting insta-creep push you into anything. It's terrible that you can spend a whole evening with someone and not see their crazy come out until hours later, but I guess that's online for you, right? Still, I'm wishing you better luck!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Another who met their SO online right here- OKCupid haha who would've thought?
  • riderfangal
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Wow, you guys, 900 new posts...

I had to skip some pages so I apologize.

I've got a serious case of the hangries today. Work is absolutely mental this month (big, big merger-type thing happening with the government involved) and all I want to do is eat all the stuff that keeps appearing in the kitchen (Nutella doughnuts?) But I've been having way too much fun already this month (camping trips, parties, hanging out with a beer at my pool, etc.) and none of my trousers are going to button if I continue in this vein, so...I'm living on vanilla orchid oolong tea and nerves until further notice. I'm usually a litres-of-black-coffee kinda girl but I've been really good at cutting that down over the past couple months so I'm trying not to backslide.

Still. Ugh.

My Modcloth dress order should be here tomorrow so I'll probably be able to pick it up on Thursday and show you guys photos of the dresses I posted last week so you can help me decide.

I'm really excited to have Wednesday off for Canada Day because it makes the work week seem so much better. I love weird holidays like that.

@KylerJaye and the online dating, good for you for sticking to your guns and not letting insta-creep push you into anything. It's terrible that you can spend a whole evening with someone and not see their crazy come out until hours later, but I guess that's online for you, right? Still, I'm wishing you better luck!

Good luck with the merger and avoiding all the treats at work. I am looking forward to Wednesday off as well and I also took Friday off so life is looking good!!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I feel the need to confess: I don't like red velvet anything. I don't understand the hype. It tastes chemically to me.
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    I feel the need to confess: I don't like red velvet anything. I don't understand the hype. It tastes chemically to me.

I don't get like it either but more because it always has cream cheese icing & I don't like cream cheese.