Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Ok since we are going to be more accountable and post what we do each day to motivate each other I figure if I post what I do and not what I was supposed to do then it won't work. Since none of you will know what I intended. So my goals for today:

Walk 25000 steps (not hard at barn)
    Run 1 hour
    Address my chairs comments on my prospectus
    Not envy @MoHousdon her husband or her vacation.

Edited to add I may not be able to achieve the last one. :)

Edited again for no alcohol

The last bit made me smile.

I'm currently on 1102 but I'm reading EVERY SINGLE POST so I'm properly caught up when I jump back in.

You aren't making it any easier. I am ragingly jealous.

Are you going to unfriend me?! :(

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    @Suzieq_1994 That post about self-care is wonderful!

I thought so as well! :)

Sheepish confession: I hate it when my username is spelled with a "Z". :p
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Stupid pic won't post

Ha! Got it!!!

Ouch!

Yeah, it's worse today. And I keep forgetting and touching or hitting it... :s

Yeah that looked like a painful pinch in a tender spot!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession... 2 days later I am STILL working off the weight gained from the weekend. If all goes well I will see a loss that I can record, tomorrow.

Mine finally went back to normal this morning!

ETA:
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    I've never been a fan of pickles. I can't imagine them fried. :s

Blasphemy! However, to be helpful I will have all your dill pickles. The sweet pickles can go die in a fire though.

Uhhhh....NO! Dill pickles are fine...and I love fried pickles. But I seriously LOVE sweet pickles!!! I put 3 in my salad every day for lunch and again for dinner. For my salad dressing, I also use the sweet pickle juice instead of vinegar when I'm at the end of the jar (I usually use vinegar, Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning, and a bit of hot sauce). I have also just recently started putting sweet pickle relish over my salads as a yummy topping! Sweet pickles all day long, forever.

ETA: Yes, I realize the amount of sodium...

I got to page 1204 and then had to go back to find this post because I don't want you to be alone. I kept seeing everyone saying they don't like sweet pickles. I like sweet pickles too. :) I like both kinds of pickles.

Yay for @FroggyBug !!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! It really is the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I own, that's for sure. I was bummed because it was supposed to come in a couple days before we left, but they never called...or so I thought.

I told Mr. Mo I was disappointed because I was hoping to have my ring before we left so I could show it to my brother (who we were lucky enough to get to see while down there). He said he was bummed too, but at least I'd have something to look forward to when we got home.

Unbeknownst to me, that little turd picked it up the Wednesday before we left, and snuck it in his carryon. On our anniversary, we decided to go to breakfast, then do some shopping on another key, then go seashell, and shark tooth hunting. While on the beach hunting, he got a little ahead of me lower on the beach looking for shells while I'm still working my way down the hill. He turns around and asks me, "So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.
    That's SO cute!!!!! <3
    Yes! That is such an awesome relationship. Reading about you guys gives me a warm feeling inside

Aw, thanks!

• Susieq_1994
    Options
    Ok since we are going to be more accountable and post what we do each day to motivate each other I figure if I post what I do and not what I was supposed to do then it won't work. Since none of you will know what I intended. So my goals for today:

Run 1 hour

I'm currently on 1102 but I'm reading EVERY SINGLE POST so I'm properly caught up when I jump back in.

I don't think she would. ;) Just envy you. :p On a side note, I told my husband that I didn't envy you because he's awesomer than Mr. Mo. He laughed. :p
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 I'll keep my fingers crossed you're able to get a chair exactly like that, it's really stylish and that color of blue is so pretty! I agree if you need to use it at times then at least you will look good! :) And thanks for sharing the post about taking care of yourself first, I think a lot of times people forget about doing that <3

Thanks. :) I hope so, too! My mom's friend is going to try to get the association to send a blue one just like that one, so here's hoping! And having a wheelchair might mean being able to leave the house during flare ups to have dinner out and stuff, so that would be nice too--a change from laying on the couch all day, at least. :)

I agree--most people do forget that, including me, until my body forces me into some down time against my will. ;) Taking care of yourself should never be a low priority. :)
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Confession... 2 days later I am STILL working off the weight gained from the weekend. If all goes well I will see a loss that I can record, tomorrow.

It's because of that delicious sweet relish. :wink:

Congrats!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Thanks, everyone! It really is the most gorgeous piece of jewelry I own, that's for sure. I was bummed because it was supposed to come in a couple days before we left, but they never called...or so I thought.

I told Mr. Mo I was disappointed because I was hoping to have my ring before we left so I could show it to my brother (who we were lucky enough to get to see while down there). He said he was bummed too, but at least I'd have something to look forward to when we got home.

Unbeknownst to me, that little turd picked it up the Wednesday before we left, and snuck it in his carryon. On our anniversary, we decided to go to breakfast, then do some shopping on another key, then go seashell, and shark tooth hunting. While on the beach hunting, he got a little ahead of me lower on the beach looking for shells while I'm still working my way down the hill. He turns around and asks me, "So, what do you think of this little one?" In the palm of his hand was my ring. It was so cute and romantic. He told me every time I mentioned being bummed about not having my ring ahead of time, he laughed to himself. He's such a brat sometimes.

Gosh darn it! Where do @KylerJaye and I find one of these kinds of guys?! :tired_face:

I found him at work. I actually hit him with a steel door leaving after my shift was over. I was 18 at the time, and have been smitten ever since. Maybe Mr. Sexy Pants (I think that's how you referred to him) will be your guy.

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options

Congrats!

Truth. Sweet pickle lovers unite!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Thinking of foregoing my planned meals to eat Ramen noodles and Pop Tarts at work today.

People were talking about Ramen noodles the other day and now I'm craving them. I haven't eaten them since I was pregnant with my son 8 years ago. And no, I'm not pregnant! The factory is closed!

Okay, the ramen noodle talk reminds me of when my husband and I were engaged. We used to have disagreements that we would poll our friends and family about. One of these disagreements was about ramen noodles. I said no one actually likes ramen noodles and they are only eaten by poor college students. I was so confident about this that I agreed that if he won the poll, we could serve ramen noodles at our rehearsal dinner. He won...pretty much by a landslide.

Also, I read a story once about a women who ate nothing but ramen noodles, she was in her 20s but had the health of an 80 year old because of the lack of nutrients and sodium and all. Having said that...I think that ramen noodles are a perfectly fine choice as long as it's not the only thing you'll eat.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Congrats!

Yeah! I think you're right...must be the sweet pickles/relish!!! ;)

And thanks...I'm sure you will be back to normal in no time!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I am so jealous of all the vacation talk. I haven't had a real vacation since I stopped teaching 4 years ago. I am in the process of buying a new car, which means I won't be taking any real vacations anytime soon either. (I am a contractor, so I don't get any paid time off.)

Hi back!

I'm so sorry that you don't get paid time off. I was a contractor for about 6 years before I got my current job and didn't get any paid time off either (sick or vacation). It was horrible. I never took time off at my old job. I definitely feel bad for you! Hopefully you at least get paid well...
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Thinking of foregoing my planned meals to eat Ramen noodles and Pop Tarts at work today.

People were talking about Ramen noodles the other day and now I'm craving them. I haven't eaten them since I was pregnant with my son 8 years ago. And no, I'm not pregnant! The factory is closed!

Okay, the ramen noodle talk reminds me of when my husband and I were engaged. We used to have disagreements that we would poll our friends and family about. One of these disagreements was about ramen noodles. I said no one actually likes ramen noodles and they are only eaten by poor college students. I was so confident about this that I agreed that if he won the poll, we could serve ramen noodles at our rehearsal dinner. He won...pretty much by a landslide.

Also, I read a story once about a women who ate nothing but ramen noodles, she was in her 20s but had the health of an 80 year old because of the lack of nutrients and sodium and all. Having said that...I think that ramen noodles are a perfectly fine choice as long as it's not the only thing you'll eat.

I think I've eaten ramen noodles one time in my life. I didn't even eat them when I was poor - not a fan. My daughter made up for it. She eats 'em all the time.

Too bad I couldn't have been in your poll back then! LOL
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Run 1 hour

I don't think she would. ;) Just envy you. :p On a side note, I told my husband that I didn't envy you because he's awesomer than Mr. Mo. He laughed. :p

There had to be at least one out there. Glad you found him @Susieq_1994 !

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

I think I've eaten ramen noodles one time in my life. I didn't even eat them when I was poor - not a fan. My daughter made up for it. She eats 'em all the time.

Too bad I couldn't have been in your poll back then! LOL

Haha! I could have used the support :)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Beware, this is long - and remember you did ask!

To be honest, I am struggling with where I go from here. I love both of them very much, but he has totally devastated me with these things, after 3 years together.

Obviously this is a condensed version, but I don’t know what else to say.

Our situations are very different obviously but I can sympathize with him withdrawing from you. That is so hard to deal with and it does hurt a lot.

That is what my boyfriend said to me as well. He told me every time we get in an argument he withdraws more from me and our relationship because he doesn't know how to handle things. He doesn't seem to understand that you can't just withdraw and run away when things are bad. He needs a lot of work on communicating. The last time we talked on Sunday he told me that he needs to find his heart again. We have a lot of issues to work on but I really want to make things work. I love him so much as well. I am not going to contact him back though. I figured if he wants to be with me, he will work on himself and know what he has lost.

I am SO sorry that you are going through these hard times. I wish that I could help you and get him to see how important you are to him and the whole relationship. I really hope that you all can figure out how to fix everything. (HUGS)

@orangesmartie This is what I really want to say to you (((hugs))) & (((hugs))) to @froggybug too. I hope both of you get exactly what you want and need because you deserve it!

This plus 1
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Can never go wrong there!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I have been relocated to my second location of the day! Which is to say that I'm now stuck on the couch instead of in my bed, but hey, I've got my laptop now! :p Here's a blurryish picture of the sample sport wheelchair that I might be getting:

...I love that shade of blue. :)
    That chair does look pretty good! It reminds me of a better version of a red transport wheelchair Amazon kept trying to recommend me.

Glad to see you are feeling better.

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I think my first-world-vacation-problems have just gotten even more first world, as I realize we can now use our extra vacation time for a week of hiking next month but I can't decide where. Last year we did a week in Jasper (northern Alberta Rockies) but now I'm torn between the southern stuff (Banff, Yoho, Waterton, Icefields, that kind of thing) or maybe doing interior British Columbia.

Not gonna lie though, this is exactly why we're not having kids for a long while yet, so we can take three vacations a year and change our plans on a whim...