Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I brought popcorn for a snack today :naughty:

Who hates the smell of popcorn??!!!

That's what I was wondering!
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.

It's the easiest way to get people to donate to anything, by giving them popcorn in exchange for it. The lure of popcorn is strong in this office (well, food generally, but in what office isn't it?)

Confession: I think popcorn smells way better than it tastes. Like, I'll have a handful now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of it for myself or actually purchased any.

I love to eat popcorn too, but you're right, sometimes the smell is better. I wonder if they make a popcorn scented candle...

I LOVE popcorn. But I rarely eat it anymore. Every time I do my weight is up the next day, even though I don't put butter or salt on it.

I live off popcorn at work. Specifically, CVS house brand called Gold Emblem, I think. It's soooo good and low cal, for popcorn. No weighing issues here.

Popcorn for the win. I eat a big bowl every night!!

I love LOVE L-O-V-E popcorn! I can't handle that microwave stuff though, I make hot air popped with real salted butter. Or popcorn from the movie theatre, I said this early in the thread, but I have been known to go there, buy a bag of popcorn and then come home and eat it.....

I make the air popped too. I use either margarine or baking spray depending on how many calories I have left and then use one of the many many popcorn seasonings I own. Have also tried taco seasoning on it which is also yummy.

Now for a confession. Hope I don't get kicked out of the group but I could take or leave ice cream or cookies for that matter and.....I have never eaten one of those protein bars you guys are always raving about.

Runs away and hides

I don't really care for ice cream either. I REALLY have to be in the mood for it, or have a piece of warm apple/cherry pie or brownie or chocolate cake to put it on. I'm definitely NOT one of those people that can sit down and eat a whole pint (not judging) even if I really like the flavor. It's cold, and makes my stomach hurt. Also, I don't think it's worth the calories. *hides with you*

Cookies, on the other hand, I LOVE cookies. Especially Mr. Mo's warm chocolate chips cookies. He uses the same recipe that Phoebe's grandma used. If you got this reference, we're officially best friends now!

As far as Quest Bars go, I have only just recently (within the last 6 months or a little longer) discovered them. For the amount of calories they contain, they have a really high protein count, and are extremely high in fiber, but don't do me nasty like the Pure Protein ones. Plus, they just taste really delicious...well, most of them do.

I love it! LOL
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.

It's the easiest way to get people to donate to anything, by giving them popcorn in exchange for it. The lure of popcorn is strong in this office (well, food generally, but in what office isn't it?)

Confession: I think popcorn smells way better than it tastes. Like, I'll have a handful now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of it for myself or actually purchased any.

I love to eat popcorn too, but you're right, sometimes the smell is better. I wonder if they make a popcorn scented candle...

I LOVE popcorn. But I rarely eat it anymore. Every time I do my weight is up the next day, even though I don't put butter or salt on it.

I live off popcorn at work. Specifically, CVS house brand called Gold Emblem, I think. It's soooo good and low cal, for popcorn. No weighing issues here.

I love LOVE L-O-V-E popcorn! I can't handle that microwave stuff though, I make hot air popped with real salted butter. Or popcorn from the movie theatre, I said this early in the thread, but I have been known to go there, buy a bag of popcorn and then come home and eat it.....

I make the air popped too. I use either margarine or baking spray depending on how many calories I have left and then use one of the many many popcorn seasonings I own. Have also tried taco seasoning on it which is also yummy.

Now for a confession. Hope I don't get kicked out of the group but I could take or leave ice cream or cookies for that matter and.....I have never eaten one of those protein bars you guys are always raving about.

Runs away and hides

I've never had one of those protein bars or Quest bars either. I have had a Clif bar before..does that count?
    I do love my ice cream and cookies though. :smiley:

Six was the Doomsday killer.

I eat Cliff bars.....and I used to love this one kind of pure protein bar, but they stopped making it a while back.....

Which pure protein bar do you miss?

It was a soft baked chocolate peanut butter.....SO GOOD!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who has congratulated me on my loss so far. It still doesn't seem real to me but at least I know all the broccoli farts are worth something! :lol:

AHAHAHAHA!!! Broccoli farts. They really are the worst.

I think cabbage farts may be worse......
  • Italian_Buju
    Options

Oooh, I would love that.

Runs away and hides

I don't really care for ice cream either. I REALLY have to be in the mood for it, or have a piece of warm apple/cherry pie or brownie or chocolate cake to put it on. I'm definitely NOT one of those people that can sit down and eat a whole pint (not judging) even if I really like the flavor. It's cold, and makes my stomach hurt. Also, I don't think it's worth the calories. *hides with you*

Cookies, on the other hand, I LOVE cookies. Especially Mr. Mo's warm chocolate chips cookies. He uses the same recipe that Phoebe's grandma used. If you got this reference, we're officially best friends now!

As far as Quest Bars go, I have only just recently (within the last 6 months or a little longer) discovered them. For the amount of calories they contain, they have a really high protein count, and are extremely high in fiber, but don't do me nasty like the Pure Protein ones. Plus, they just taste really delicious...well, most of them do.

Yay Friends. I miss that show!

TigerNY128 wrote: »

Oooh, I would love that.

Runs away and hides

Haha, the Nestle Tollhouse recipe!

Lois_1989 wrote: »

Oooh, I would love that.

Runs away and hides

LOL I believe the name was Nestlé?

Edit: I'm doubting myself! Was it? I'm sure it was...

Lois_1989 wrote: »

Oooh, I would love that.

Runs away and hides

LOL I believe the name was Nestlé?

Pronounced "Nes-lay Tollhou-say", iirc? ;)

Congratulations on becoming my new best friends. That is to this day one of my most favorite episodes.

One of my favorites is the one where they all went out for dinner and half of them were broke......

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Just got home from leg day. Pretty sure I won't be able to walk tomorrow. But I squatted 75 and deadlifted 85!! Both of those are over half my body weight! Yay!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    @Lois_1989 YOU'RE BACK!!!! You have been missed!!!! <3 And now, I am going to find a calculator to see how much you are lifting in lbs, cuz I have no idea.

ETA: Nice lifting, Lois! Those are great numbers (now that I know what they equal)

Ditto!!

And I'm a middle-aged Canadian... the metric system was introduced while I was in school... I can think in both lbs and kg, inches and cm, grams and oz, miles and km, Celsius and Fahrenheit...

I learned the metric system and yet I still have to convert to pounds/oz and feet/inches to have a good understanding of the size of something. Centimetres mean nothing to me, except for snow accumulation lol

This exactly!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I'm one of those weirdo's...I prefer cold weather to warm. It's easier to get warm when you're cold and also winter clothes are my FAVE!! I love sweaters, leggings, skinny jeans, sweater dresses, boots, and my all time favorite- COATS!! <3

I hear you, but the cute winter clothes are only wearable for a few weeks here before you're stuck in your down parka and long underwear and your Sorels (mine look like this...) NOT cute. The mittens, toque, scarf, ski jacket, ski pants, and winter boots I have to stuff behind my office door every day in the winter are not my idea of a nice outfit, lol.

I do like getting to run around in my riding boots and fancy wool pea coat and no fleece tights under my trousers for a few weeks in spring and fall, but it's so short-lived. Sigh.

For most of the winter I am so bundled up all you can see is my sunglasses, lol.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Okay confession- ate alright today and thought I was done. Got hungry again and went over my calories, stayed under maintenance at least but I've seriously been struggling since the beginning of July and I don't know why! :(:/
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Okay confession- ate alright today and thought I was done. Got hungry again and went over my calories, stayed under maintenance at least but I've seriously been struggling since the beginning of July and I don't know why! :(:/

Hang in there and just keep pushing on! :smile:
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Still behind, but a few observations and questions from page 1295:
    @lilaclovebird - Love the new profile pic!
    @kellyjellybellyjelly - So glad you finally have a profile pic! Love it!
    @Italian_Buju - You've mentioned your daughter's sister before. Just wondering what going on with her pregnancy?
    @orangesmartie - Not sure if you're back yet, but I miss you!
    @Susieq_1994 - I didn't see you mention it. Did the in-laws like the peanut butter pie?
    I'm sure there will be more soon!

She is still pregnant.....living in a sleazy motel room, unable to take care of herself properly, so should be lots of fun when the baby comes :s
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    I wondered the same thing. Although, Monica was a chef, not a baker.

I loved it when she wore the fat suit too. It was the best!

One of my favorite Friends scenes is when Joey wears ALL of Chandler's clothes, while "commando", and starts doing lunges. Hee hee

I also like that episode. "Could I BE wearing any more clothes?!" Another favorite is The One With All the Cheesecakes. At the very end, Joey sees Chandler and Rachel eating cheesecake off the floor, and he sits down, pulls a fork out of his jacket pocket and says, "Alright...what are we having?!" Classic!

That cheesecake one was so funny!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »

LOL @MoHousdon - I totally got that reference. Nestle Touloose... or Nestle Tollhouse.... hee hee Loved Friends. I hope you watched How I Met Your Mother, too, because that show has a LOT of quotable dialogue.

Ugh another classic! I'm on my fourth round of watching Friends from start to beginning I'm on season 9 I may have to start HIMYM up again, LOVE LOVE LOVE that show!

Count me in the group who loved Friends and How I Met Your Mother!!!

Me too!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    My husband and son headed up camping this morning. (Hubby has more vacation time than me and has to use it before he loses it. I'm heading up after work Friday.) He calls me as they are leaving to tell me they are on their way out. Then he tells me to make sure I lock up the house when I come up Friday, because he ran off a prowler last night while I was asleep. DON'T TELL ME THIS!!! Although I pack a gun and a badge, sleeping in an empty house for two nights knowing there was just a prowler does not insure a good night's sleep.

I am trying to decide if I should leave the dog outside, so she can scare them off, or have her inside with me "for protection."
    Inside... for her protection. :)

She's 160 pounds...She'd probably be bigger than the prowler. LOL

supcdg6pnrj8.jpg

Oh, how precious!!! And you could leave her out probably... but I wouldn't.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Ok... I have a fun question for you guys: What do you call soda? Do you call it pop, soda, soft drink, or coke (for all drinks)? I grew up in South Carolina and down there, as far as I'm concerned, pretty much all of us call it soda. I've never heard anyone actually say ''pop.'' And why would you call every soda ''Coke?" Coke is a specific drink!!!

I took a quiz to see where in the US I sound like I'm from. Florida, Maine, and Boston were high up there (Boston, really?). Here's the quiz if you guys want something to do: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2013/12/20/sunday-review/dialect-quiz-map.html

:lol:

EDIT: Apparently I sound absolutely nothing like people from Detroit.
    EDIT2: Took the quiz again and got three cities in California. No matter what it says Detroit is least similar.

I call it soda.
    I just took the quiz and got Worcester MA, Boston MA, and Honolulu HI. Worcester and Boston make sense because I grew up in NH and just moved to ME 3 years ago...both states are right near MA. No idea about Honolulu though!

We are pop people in the inland northwest. I've done that quiz before, and it's super fun. The first time I took it, I confused it because I grew up in the northwest and but lived in the midwest, south, and southwest, so I learned words for things that I didn't have words for growing up (e.g. access roads and parking strips) and didn't pay attention to that when answering questions. When I did it again trying to just remember what I used to call things, it pegged me perfectly (gave me Spokane, WA; Seattle, WA; and Portland, OR - I grew up in Spokane).
    I should do that, actually. I used to call fireflies lightning bugs, but I started calling them fireflies at some point. I wonder if it'll identify me as more southern if I use lightning bugs. I have also heard both crawdads/crawfish... and now I use car-mel and care-uh-mel... I used to just say car-mel and apparently that's more northern???? Didn't know. Weird I started using the second pronunciation when I moved to Canada.

Try it!
    The crawdad question was hard because I have lived in places where crawdad, crawfish and crayfish were used. If I wasn't thinking about it and you asked me what it was, I would now say crawfish, but when thinking about it, I knew that crawdad was what they were called when I was growing up. Apparently the use of potato bug (which now I would probably call a roly-poly if not prompted) and kitty-corner is what pegged me as a northwesterner.
    I did it again and got three cities in California once more! Huh. The roly-poly one had me stumped... because growing up I used to call them doodlebugs, but I have also heard roly-poly. Since I haven't seen them since I was a child I was confused as to what terminology I would use now. :lol: I forgot all about doodlebugs!!!

You're a Californian at heart! Your refusal to "y'all" is probably what's keeping you from being marked as a Southerner. I'm amazed you never used that. That became part of my vocabulary when I lived in Texas, despite my best efforts to keep it out and I was only there for two years!

Edit: typo
    I always felt weird about saying it. Same with saying "ma'am" and "sir." I would go over to friends' houses and they'd get in SO much trouble for not saying these to their parents. Calling my mom ma'am would be SO weird.

One time I was in school and a teacher asked me a question. I replied "yes." She stared at me and said "yes what???" I was just confused until I finally realized she wanted me to say ma'am. I didn't mean any disrespect... just feels weird on my tongue. Maybe my dad's northern blood got into me (and for someone born in Texas my mom sounds pretty northern herself :lol:)

I say y'all sometimes more tongue in cheek. I write it too. But no one I know uses it except the people I work with from the south or Texas. I have only lived in NJ, IL, and WI.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    My husband and son headed up camping this morning. (Hubby has more vacation time than me and has to use it before he loses it. I'm heading up after work Friday.) He calls me as they are leaving to tell me they are on their way out. Then he tells me to make sure I lock up the house when I come up Friday, because he ran off a prowler last night while I was asleep. DON'T TELL ME THIS!!! Although I pack a gun and a badge, sleeping in an empty house for two nights knowing there was just a prowler does not insure a good night's sleep.

I am trying to decide if I should leave the dog outside, so she can scare them off, or have her inside with me "for protection."

Neither, go to a hotel and sleep there for the next 2 nights. Yikes, how scary!

@quiksylver296 - I say this too ^^^
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    If we're still doing confessions, here's mine for the day, then I should REALLY try and get some work done.

I came to work with my pants unzipped today. I didn't realize this until AFTER I got to my office and called Mr. Mo and looked down to see that my barn door had been left open. I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, or not, but I'm sure glad I did before the day went on any further.

@mohousdon LOL! For some reason I do that a lot. I am not sure if I forget to zip my pants after putting them on or going to the bathroom before I leave to go to work or if they come undone in the car.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Inside... for her protection. :)

She's 160 pounds...She'd probably be bigger than the prowler. LOL

supcdg6pnrj8.jpg

@quiksylver296 who acts tougher the cat or the dog?
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    levan11 wrote: »
    I'm considering quitting my job because the boss's son in law that just started working here got a bigger annual bonus than me. This wouldn't be such a big deal if a) the son in law wasn't such a pretentious jerkwad and b) the bonus wasn't for the previous year in which HE DID NOT EVEN WORK HERE. I know I should just set my pride aside and be happy with what I did get but man is that hard to do.

I can't blame you at all--it's the principle of the thing. I absolutely can't stand that kind of "wasta" myself. (Wasta is the Arabic word for it... the English one is slipping my mind at the moment. Basically means getting what you didn't earn/deserve because you know people in high places...)

Nepotism is the word, @Susieq_1994. I like "wasta" though...
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    Still behind, but a few observations and questions from page 1295:
    @lilaclovebird - Love the new profile pic!
    @kellyjellybellyjelly - So glad you finally have a profile pic! Love it!
    @Italian_Buju - You've mentioned your daughter's sister before. Just wondering what going on with her pregnancy?
    @orangesmartie - Not sure if you're back yet, but I miss you!
    @Susieq_1994 - I didn't see you mention it. Did the in-laws like the peanut butter pie?
    I'm sure there will be more soon!

I don't know and probably never will. :) They're the kind of people who will assure me that it was fantastic even if they thought it was so nasty that they tossed it straight into the dump--too polite for their own good. I'm not really a fan of that, to be honest, because I like to know honestly where I stand with people. :/

Are they the kind who would ask you to make it again if they did like it? because that would be the ultimate compliment...

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

Hang in there and just keep pushing on! :smile:

Thanks @TigerNY128 ! I definitely am, this thread keeps me going! :)