Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Speaking of bad endings... Dexter, anyone? The whole show was pretty bad (my boyfriend and I watched it pretty much just so we could laugh at it), in my opinion, but the ending was just HILARIOUS. I don't know what they were thinking.

EDIT: Breaking Bad was always amazing and ended amazing!
    EDIT 2: Seasons 1-4 (or 3?) of Dexter weren't nearly as bad as the last few seasons. I just hated the main character because he was dull and boring. Deb was my favorite.

Seasons 4 and 6 where my favorite, mostly because the killer he was tracking was so interesting.....the ending made me mad forever! FOREVER! I think that and LOST were completing for worst ending to a great show!

Was season 4 the one with John Lithgow? If so, that was my favorite! I almost died when Dexter found Rita!

Yes it was! I was very impressed with his ability to play that part seeing as he is mostly a comedic actor!

The progression of the Dexter/Rita relationship annoyed me.....

Same..but I have to admit, when he called her phone and then heard the ringing coming from inside the house and walked into the bathroom...I almost died!
    Which one was season 6? I've watched them all...just drawing a blank..

Edited because I'm tired and can't type but also, the keyboard keys have been sticking a lot! :(

Not sure the season but that was with John Lithgow as the trinity killer. Best season of Dex, by far. IMO

YES, best ever!
    ETA: Have fun tonight!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Short and busy work week this week so I haven't been able to stop in to confess much since before last weekend. No way I can catch up on 23 pages and still wrap up my duties by the end of day, tomorrow.

My confession is I am attending a 311 concert tomorrow night along with a bunch of old friends. I have the feeling the beer will be flowing so I took the next 2 days off so I can recoup on Thursday while my bike is tuned up at the shop then going for a bike fitting on Friday.

So I guess what I am saying is I might reappear on Thursday from home. Possibly hungover but hopefully not. It's been a while since I drank so hopefully it doesn't remind me why I don't. lol

I LOVE 311!

Me, too! I've never seen them live before though. Tonight's show is at an outdoor amphitheater and the weather just broke. Highs today in the 80's with low humidity, zero chance of rain. PERFECT!

Yay, have fun! That sounds like it'll be a good concert. I like 311 too.

Thanks! I will and post up in the batcave.

*bonus* while asking for tomorrow off (which I requested months ago when the concert was announced) apparently I asked for half of today off as well. Soooo I am about to kick rocks out of here. Man I love my thinking sometimes (along with my bad memory). :blush: lol
  • m1xm0d3
    edited July 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @LBuehrle8, how was your weekend/riding all the rollercoasters (can't remember the name of where you went)? Did I miss an update?

No you didn't miss an update we didn't get to go as it stormed really bad on Sunday :( We definitely made up for it though! Went shopping and bought some new dresses for my trip! Used my coupon at Yankee Candle (have I mentioned I'm obsessed with scents?) then we went bowling, had pizza, and got ice cream for national ice cream day! Haha so sad I didn't get to go to King's Island but we made up for it! Thanks for asking!

My friend always goes to YC outlet close by. She has a basket full of jars! I can always talk her out of a few mostly used candles for myself so then she has more room again for her obsession. lol

That's even better for you as they're perfectly good candles even though used and brand new ones are expensive!! I always go when they have their coupons! haha

I am going to see her tonight. I'll let you know what scents I've scored. :wink: last time was a very grapey smelling 'Orchard'. I liked it.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Welcome back @Lois_1989 :)

Hi @Lois_1989! Welcome back!!! :smiley:
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!

@raelynnsmama52512 Best wishes that the financing will come through for you!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

Double grocery runs for me! Yay! ;)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!

Okay as promised here are my refrigerator and my cabinet.

Hehehehehe! Oh man, so I don't think the cabinet is bad, but that is one sad fridge.
    Sad? I think you mean awesome! My fridge is full of old Chinese food, half eaten bits of cheese, empty orange juice cartons and a gigantic watermelon that I bought over a week ago and that nobody, inexplicably, is interested in eating. It needs a total empty and a really thorough cleaning, but I just can't bring myself to get motivated. I would LOVE to open it and find it suddenly looking like POF's fridge!

Mine is full of eggs, sliced turkey, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, cauliflower, three different types of cheese, whipping cream, fresh milk, butter, margarine, bread, diet soda... And both your fridge AND hers sound terrible. ;)

I haven't been grocery shopping since we got back from camping, I have some leftovers from the camping trip but we are in pretty dire straights... I need to get that sorted out and get myself back into a routine >.<

Sheesh. I feel like a freak. One fridge isn't enough for us. I have a second fridge in the garage, plus an upright freezer out there. We go through a TON of food. One example: Hubby grilled 6 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs on Sunday for dinner. We each brought some for lunch, and they were gone before I got home from work yesterday. There are 3 of us.
    We always have tons of food too. The chest freezer is always packed with frozen meat (minimum: ground beef, steaks, chicken breasts, chicken thighs or drumsticks, shrimp, scallops, a white fish, and salmon) and bread (we don't eat it fast enough to keep it fresh but I usually have buns of some type, sandwich bread, naan, and homemade pizza crust) and frozen fruit. Right now I have like six pounds of shredded cheese in there too.

The fridge is pretty well always stuffed too. I need to have salad greens, bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, green onions, green apples, eggs, bacon, and a hard and soft cheese in there all the time, plus we've always got about a hundred jars of pickles and olives and stuff. And mustard. Literally ten kinds of mustard and ten kinds of hot sauce at all times. It's bad. And our roommate always has beer in there too.

Yet somehow nothing ever lasts long enough to go bad, thanks to my bottomless pit of a husband and my obsessive FIFO habits.

In my freezer I have two bags of chicken thighs, one bag of chicken breast, tilapia, mixed veggies, cauliflower, & a few frozen meals for when I am too lazy to make anything.

In my pantry I have around 5 boxes of protein bars, a package of the new Thin Golden Oreos, some Seaweed I probably won't eat, & some flavored pea snacks. In my other cabinets I have 6 peanut butters, various canned veggies/beans, around 8-9 different cereals, & rice.

In my fridge freezer, I have frozen food. In my upright freezer, I have more frozen food. In my fridge, I have lots of food that will probably not get eaten. In my walk-in pantry, I have yet more food.

I envy those of you that have full inventory of what you have on hand. I would love that but don't ever see that happening.
    Hahaha! We're similar housekeepers. Sometimes we'll have a 'let's see' meal, where I'll take a tub of something reddish out of the freezer and leave it to defrost. If it's curry or chilli I'll cook some rice. If it turns out to be bolognese sauce, I'll get the spaghetti out.

I would probably die if I didn't know EXACTLY what was in that container and how I would be using it... O.o
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    labohn91 wrote: »
    I like to wear my headphones with no music so I can listen in on peoples conversation.
    Haha! People probably think this is why I cut off one of the earbuds on all my sets of headphones. It is NOT. The reasons are two-fold: 1. I'm deaf in one ear so putting that one in is pointless and 2. It stops my kids from stealing my headphones. :)

I have one snipped off my cycling buds so I can better hear the traffic to my left. :)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I set a goal of finishing a 5k in under 45 minutes. I have done it and discovered I hate running, but I didn't quit and still run a couple of charity races a year. LOL! so I joined a gym and took some classes and discovered that I enjoy yoga, the Barre is still a killer at creating great calves, and I enjoy lifting with my husband. My new goals are to be able to do crow pose and to bench, deadlift and squat my bodyweight. Good luck!

I also have goals to deadlift, bench, and squat my bodyweight! I'm hoping to accomplish this by the end of the year. My boyfriend says I should hit those goals well before the end of the year...here's hoping!

I can deadlift and squat my body weight...but bench?!? Man, it's gonna take me a loooong time to get there. That or I need to lose a lot of weight. LOL

Hehehe, that was my thought too. I'm at body weight now for deadlift (will be above on Thursday) and close to on squat (lifted 105 today, I weight 135). My bench this morning was 70, and I think I'm going to be hanging out at 75 for a couple of weeks based on how I barely made 70 today. My overhead press is 60, and I think I'm going to be there for a long time, too. These are 5x5 weights though (you're a fellow SL 5X5-er, right?), so maybe we could do a body weight max on bench?

@quiksylver296 and @WestCoastJo82 I wish I could work out with you ladies. I want so badly to start lifting heavy but I'm so scared I'll hurt myself. I also wish I could get my husband to work out with me, but he has zero interest in that.

Mo I thought you did do heavy lifting?

Nope. I do a HIIT workout 3 times a week. Weights are incorporated, but definitely not heavy ones. Does it LOOK like I do heavy lifting, because if so, then YAY!

• m1xm0d3
    Options
    Speaking of bad endings... Dexter, anyone? The whole show was pretty bad (my boyfriend and I watched it pretty much just so we could laugh at it), in my opinion, but the ending was just HILARIOUS. I don't know what they were thinking.

EDIT: Breaking Bad was always amazing and ended amazing!
    EDIT 2: Seasons 1-4 (or 3?) of Dexter weren't nearly as bad as the last few seasons. I just hated the main character because he was dull and boring. Deb was my favorite.

Seasons 4 and 6 where my favorite, mostly because the killer he was tracking was so interesting.....the ending made me mad forever! FOREVER! I think that and LOST were completing for worst ending to a great show!

Was season 4 the one with John Lithgow? If so, that was my favorite! I almost died when Dexter found Rita!

Yes it was! I was very impressed with his ability to play that part seeing as he is mostly a comedic actor!

The progression of the Dexter/Rita relationship annoyed me.....

Same..but I have to admit, when he called her phone and then heard the ringing coming from inside the house and walked into the bathroom...I almost died!
    Which one was season 6? I've watched them all...just drawing a blank..

Edited because I'm tired and can't type but also, the keyboard keys have been sticking a lot! :(

Not sure the season but that was with John Lithgow as the trinity killer. Best season of Dex, by far. IMO

YES, best ever!
    ETA: Have fun tonight!

Oh and season 2 where Doakes gets it was my 2nd fav (I liked that guy... he KNEW what was up with Dex, just couldn't prove it before he took the dirt nap lol)

And thanks! I will take some photos and post in the batcave.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I like to wear my headphones with no music so I can listen in on peoples conversation.
    Haha! People probably think this is why I cut off one of the earbuds on all my sets of headphones. It is NOT. The reasons are two-fold: 1. I'm deaf in one ear so putting that one in is pointless and 2. It stops my kids from stealing my headphones. :)

I have one snipped off my cycling buds so I can better hear the traffic to my left. :)
    I can't believe I never thought of this. It would definitely be less of a pain than just letting one ear dangle.

For me, it's
    Ice cream >>>>>>>>>> cookies >>>>>> cake and pastries > chocolate

• Susieq_1994
    Options
    I prefer ice cream to cake by FAR. At birthday parties as a kid I sometimes decided to not take cake and just eat ice cream. Especially those gross cakes with the generic icing you can get in grocery stores. Don't know what the type of icing is called... but while kids were screaming for the piece in the center with the most blue frilly icing on it, I was like ''Just give me the end piece." Now one time I had a cake that switched out icing for some delicious strawberry filling and I was all for seconds. :tongue:

This is me, except the strawberry filling part, since I generally hate fruit mixed into any kind of dessert. Most grocery store cakes and even standard bakery cakes taste yucky to me, especially that really weird styrofoam textured icing that they use. It's very, very rare that I find a cake that I actually WANT to eat--there's only ONE bakery in Oman that I enjoy cake from. One. In the whole country. :p (At least it's the only one that I know of, and I've tasted quite a lot.)
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I brought popcorn for a snack today :naughty:

Who hates the smell of popcorn??!!!

That's what I was wondering!
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.

It's the easiest way to get people to donate to anything, by giving them popcorn in exchange for it. The lure of popcorn is strong in this office (well, food generally, but in what office isn't it?)

Confession: I think popcorn smells way better than it tastes. Like, I'll have a handful now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of it for myself or actually purchased any.

I love to eat popcorn too, but you're right, sometimes the smell is better. I wonder if they make a popcorn scented candle...

I LOVE popcorn. But I rarely eat it anymore. Every time I do my weight is up the next day, even though I don't put butter or salt on it.

I live off popcorn at work. Specifically, CVS house brand called Gold Emblem, I think. It's soooo good and low cal, for popcorn. No weighing issues here.

Popcorn for the win. I eat a big bowl every night!!

I love LOVE L-O-V-E popcorn! I can't handle that microwave stuff though, I make hot air popped with real salted butter. Or popcorn from the movie theatre, I said this early in the thread, but I have been known to go there, buy a bag of popcorn and then come home and eat it.....

I make the air popped too. I use either margarine or baking spray depending on how many calories I have left and then use one of the many many popcorn seasonings I own. Have also tried taco seasoning on it which is also yummy.

Now for a confession. Hope I don't get kicked out of the group but I could take or leave ice cream or cookies for that matter and.....I have never eaten one of those protein bars you guys are always raving about.

Runs away and hides

Quest bar? Me either. Never even seen one before. 100% clueless....

1ftpfmj96r94.jpg

Now you have...LOL

Hahahaha! So how are they? Pretty good I take it. Is the allure based on good taste while also containing a high nutritional value?

I just like them because they taste okay, I don't have to make breakfast in the morning, and they have 20g of protein and lots of fibre for approximately 200 calories. I'm really, really not a breakfast person but I'm more alert when I eat it so they meet my needs perfectly. I've tried lots of brands but the protein to calories in Quest works well for me and most of the flavours don't have peanuts.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.

It's the easiest way to get people to donate to anything, by giving them popcorn in exchange for it. The lure of popcorn is strong in this office (well, food generally, but in what office isn't it?)

Confession: I think popcorn smells way better than it tastes. Like, I'll have a handful now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of it for myself or actually purchased any.

I love to eat popcorn too, but you're right, sometimes the smell is better. I wonder if they make a popcorn scented candle...

I LOVE popcorn. But I rarely eat it anymore. Every time I do my weight is up the next day, even though I don't put butter or salt on it.

I live off popcorn at work. Specifically, CVS house brand called Gold Emblem, I think. It's soooo good and low cal, for popcorn. No weighing issues here.

I love LOVE L-O-V-E popcorn! I can't handle that microwave stuff though, I make hot air popped with real salted butter. Or popcorn from the movie theatre, I said this early in the thread, but I have been known to go there, buy a bag of popcorn and then come home and eat it.....

I make the air popped too. I use either margarine or baking spray depending on how many calories I have left and then use one of the many many popcorn seasonings I own. Have also tried taco seasoning on it which is also yummy.

Now for a confession. Hope I don't get kicked out of the group but I could take or leave ice cream or cookies for that matter and.....I have never eaten one of those protein bars you guys are always raving about.

Runs away and hides

I don't really care for ice cream either. I REALLY have to be in the mood for it, or have a piece of warm apple/cherry pie or brownie or chocolate cake to put it on. I'm definitely NOT one of those people that can sit down and eat a whole pint (not judging) even if I really like the flavor. It's cold, and makes my stomach hurt. Also, I don't think it's worth the calories. *hides with you*

Cookies, on the other hand, I LOVE cookies. Especially Mr. Mo's warm chocolate chips cookies. He uses the same recipe that Phoebe's grandma used. If you got this reference, we're officially best friends now!

As far as Quest Bars go, I have only just recently (within the last 6 months or a little longer) discovered them. For the amount of calories they contain, they have a really high protein count, and are extremely high in fiber, but don't do me nasty like the Pure Protein ones. Plus, they just taste really delicious...well, most of them do.

Yay Friends. I miss that show!

Oooh, I would love that.

Runs away and hides

I don't really care for ice cream either. I REALLY have to be in the mood for it, or have a piece of warm apple/cherry pie or brownie or chocolate cake to put it on. I'm definitely NOT one of those people that can sit down and eat a whole pint (not judging) even if I really like the flavor. It's cold, and makes my stomach hurt. Also, I don't think it's worth the calories. *hides with you*

Cookies, on the other hand, I LOVE cookies. Especially Mr. Mo's warm chocolate chips cookies. He uses the same recipe that Phoebe's grandma used. If you got this reference, we're officially best friends now!

As far as Quest Bars go, I have only just recently (within the last 6 months or a little longer) discovered them. For the amount of calories they contain, they have a really high protein count, and are extremely high in fiber, but don't do me nasty like the Pure Protein ones. Plus, they just taste really delicious...well, most of them do.

Haha, the Nestle Tollhouse recipe!

Oooh, I would love that.

Runs away and hides

LOL I believe the name was Nestlé?

Edit: I'm doubting myself! Was it? I'm sure it was...

Oooh, I would love that.

Runs away and hides

LOL I believe the name was Nestlé?

Pronounced "Nes-lay Tollhou-say", iirc? ;)

Congratulations on becoming my new best friends. That is to this day one of my most favorite episodes.

• kelly_c_77
    Options

Oooh, I would love that.

Runs away and hides

I got the Friends' reference! I loved that one!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    So, Raelynn went back to sleep last night without having to take another melatonin tablet, I'm considering that a mini-win. Now to make some phone calls!

That is a big win!!!

Thank you! ❤️

I made my phone calls, now just to wait for someone to call me back. I thought about calling Family Connections but I don't think I can talk much about what's going on right now. I'm not good at talking and crying at the same time....

I'm sorry. <3 I know this is difficult for you, but you're doing a wonderful job advocating for your little. :)
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    and this is the middle/part 2 of the tracking (weight/steps/red or green alcohol/red or green steps)

The message function doesn't seem to allow attachments. So...if you want this spreadsheet, feel free to message me your email and I can send it... I do this every day. My sister and my friend's husband text me their stats, and I add them to the spreadsheet and send it back out to them.

THANK YOU! This is really helpful! I can create something similar, but substitute my goals in there. (I'm terrible at step counts because I don't have a Fitbit or other device - I just use an app on my phone called Pacer, but it can be fairly inaccurate.) I would track minutes exercised, flights of stairs climbed, or miles on bike maybe. Where I fall off the wagon is with sugar consumption, so I could track that, too.

Very cool!!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    @Lois_1989 YOU'RE BACK!!!! You have been missed!!!! <3 And now, I am going to find a calculator to see how much you are lifting in lbs, cuz I have no idea.

ETA: Nice lifting, Lois! Those are great numbers (now that I know what they equal)

Ditto!!

And I'm a middle-aged Canadian... the metric system was introduced while I was in school... I can think in both lbs and kg, inches and cm, grams and oz, miles and km, Celsius and Fahrenheit...

I can do the bolded, oz completely escape me and so does Fahrenheit. I know there is a little equation to figure out Fahrenheit to Celsius but I can never remember it. :confounded:

I cheat o:) I have an app that converts for me so I can convert it quickly and talk to SO about celcius temps like I know what I'm talking about hahaha

Well in my opinion:

0-10C - Cold to chilly (warm jacket)
    10-20C - Chilly to cardigan weather
    20-30C - Cardigan to perfect
    30C + = WAY too hot for me.

26-28C is my perfect weather

Agreed, except the last part. 22 C is perfect weather to me. Nice and cool, but not at all cold. 30C is hot but manageable. I invite you to come and experience 50C with me. ;)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    So, Raelynn went back to sleep last night without having to take another melatonin tablet, I'm considering that a mini-win. Now to make some phone calls!

That is a big win!!!

Thank you! ❤️

I made my phone calls, now just to wait for someone to call me back. I thought about calling Family Connections but I don't think I can talk much about what's going on right now. I'm not good at talking and crying at the same time....

I'm sorry. <3 I know this is difficult for you, but you're doing a wonderful job advocating for your little. :)
    I'm very glad to hear about your daughter's good night sleep @raelynnsmama52512

• MoHousdon
    Options

Oooh, I would love that.

Runs away and hides

Quest bar? Me either. Never even seen one before. 100% clueless....

1ftpfmj96r94.jpg

Now you have...LOL

Hahahaha! So how are they? Pretty good I take it. Is the allure based on good taste while also containing a high nutritional value?

That's why I like them. I only buy them 12 at a time (mostly mix and match flavors) so I get the discount. I have to admit though, if they were more than a few $, I probably wouldn't buy them.

• Susieq_1994
    Options

I can't believe I never thought of this. It would definitely be less of a pain than just letting one ear dangle.

For me, it's
    Ice cream >>>>>>>>>> cookies >>>>>> cake and pastries > chocolate

Mmm, pastries. Traditional Arab pastries are at the top of my list, personally. YUM.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I set a goal of finishing a 5k in under 45 minutes. I have done it and discovered I hate running, but I didn't quit and still run a couple of charity races a year. LOL! so I joined a gym and took some classes and discovered that I enjoy yoga, the Barre is still a killer at creating great calves, and I enjoy lifting with my husband. My new goals are to be able to do crow pose and to bench, deadlift and squat my bodyweight. Good luck!

I'm afraid of this. I have been feeling lately like I just don't want to run anymore. I really only started last year. I am doing my first ever 5K Saturday (any advice?) Here's the problem I see, my dog loves it! I think she would be so disappointed if I stopped taking her. I actually just think I get bored and if I try something different for a while, I would be able to go back to running. But maybe I just don't like it. Also, I live in WI and weather plays a factor because I don't see myself as someone who will run even in rain or snow. So I think I should just keep doing it until it gets too cold and then try something new. Anyone have any insight or advice? I'd appreciate it!!