Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Man, I had a rough day today!

First off I could not fall asleep last night to save my life, it was at least 3:30am when I finally slept.

Then today, like less than half an hour after I get to work a lady a vaguely know (she lives down the hall, but have had limited contact), is in my store and as she gets up to me, she is shaking really badly. She is pregnant, I would say about six months along. I ask her if she is ok, and she says she is not feeling well, and thinks she just peed herself. Her pants were soaked, her water broke for sure. Right as this happens, she literally starts going down. I got her on the chair, and we called 911. She was freaking out, she kept saying "it's way too early".

It felt like it took the paramedics forever to get there! They did not even have their lights on or anything! My boss said because she was not in pain, when we were talking about it after. Ok, fine, she was not in pain, but she was pregnant, about half way through, and her water broke, hurry up!

That messed me up for hours, I was like spaced out or something. I feel terrible for her!

Then my boss and I had a disagreement and while it was not a fight and is not a huge deal, it made for an uncomfortable afternoon.

After that, the girl that is supposed to relieve me calls in sick....and she never calls in so I know she is sick, but my boss could not find anyone to cover. She was gonna call in one of my co-workers that works two jobs and NEVER gets a day off, was out for a walk earlier in the day and mentioned that she was off. So, for the second time this month, I offered to stay extra to avoid her having to come in. The first problem is that my feet and bladder were unprepared for that extra half shift, because I did not pace myself at the beginning of the shift.....my feet have their own heartbeat now and I almost didn't make it home in time to pee!

Now, it is 10:30, the time I usually go to bed during the week, and here I am, eating dinner. That is the second problem.....ugh.

I am feeling overwhelmed, and have a busy week ahead of me. I must pace myself. If I do not make it to the gym tomorrow, I am ok with that, as long as I get my steps in. I can't do much more there than walk on the treadmill and track anyway, as I do not have my appointment for a reboot on the weigh equipment until Thursday.

I have to go for the first of two sets of tests on my legs tomorrow checking the blood flow. When I am mapping the day out in my head, I keep thinking of the wrong medical building......I am hoping I do not make that mistake tomorrow....

@Italian_Buju thank goodness you were there for that lady. I hope her and the baby are okay. That's really scary. I'm sorry you had to work an extra shift yesterday, but why did you have to wait until you got home to pee? If I couldn't pee at work, I'd be in BIG trouble. FWIW, I hope today goes better.

I talked about this early in the thread.....but I have MAJOR issues using a toilet that is not my own. There are lots of days that I will work ten hours, and even go grocery shopping after that, and not pee until I get home. My body just will not allow it, most of the time. So, I know how to pace myself with drinking when I am not able to go. But at the beginning of the day, I was pacing for several hours earlier, lol.

Oddly, there are certain toilets I can use, there are two at the Y, and one at my foot clinic (they keep a shelf of cleaning supplies right in there, like they knew I was coming, lol), I have no idea WHY my brain allows me to use those ones, but I can, however, I do wipe them down first. Every three months I get a full panel of labs done at my DRs office, and they know I won't do a urine test there, so every time, they give me the cup for the next time and I just use it at home before coming in for the blood work.

If I am having a day that I cannot make it at work for sure, which happens a couple of times a year, I literally close the place down, lock it up, and go scrub the toilet before using it. Even if I am at someone's house, I generally will not use the bathroom, unless I really need to, and then will wash it down also. It just creeps me out to sit my bare *kitten* on something someone else's bare *kitten* was on, lol.

Ok, guys, I need some opinions please. I am leaving now to go for my test and run some errands, but obviously will check later when I am back.....when is it too soon to go knock on the ladies door and ask if she is alright? I have been thinking about her almost non stop, but I do not really know her more than a passing hello, and I am not sure if that would be creepy or not.....

I would say in a day or two would be fine. You knew she was in trouble and I think it's perfectly natural to want to see how she's doing. I think she'd appreciate the thought too. You obviously don't have to press for details, but just a general "I wanted to make sure you were doing okay" would be a nice thing to do.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    So, I stepped on the scale this morning out of curiosity (how do you spell that? It looks wrong). I was down almost 2 pounds from yesterday. If that is true, that means I might have actually LOST WEIGHT ON VACATION if you factor in sodium bloat. That blows my mind. The only time I have ever lost weight on vacation is when we went scuba diving in Belize for our 15th anniversary. Scuba diving for three or more hours a day burns some serious calories... B)

That is terrific! I hope I can say that after next week....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Confession: When I get on the scale and see 184 pounds, I don't believe it. Even though my size 12 jeans and dress slacks fit COMFORTABLY, I don't believe it.
    I haven't been at this weight in almost 8 years and I just can't believe it. I have only 30 pounds until goal and I just don't believe any of it.

I, as of this morning, am at 184.2 which is 1.2 lbs away from 30 lost. I have a hard time believing it too. It's been so easy this time! I can't remember the last time I weighed in the 180's.

I have lost 35 since October. Its been slower than my other fad diets, but so easy and I feel so sustainable. I think I may FINALLY be done with yo yo dieting... Thanks, MFP! And walking.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »

First off I could not fall asleep last night to save my life, it was at least 3:30am when I finally slept.

Then today, like less than half an hour after I get to work a lady a vaguely know (she lives down the hall, but have had limited contact), is in my store and as she gets up to me, she is shaking really badly. She is pregnant, I would say about six months along. I ask her if she is ok, and she says she is not feeling well, and thinks she just peed herself. Her pants were soaked, her water broke for sure. Right as this happens, she literally starts going down. I got her on the chair, and we called 911. She was freaking out, she kept saying "it's way too early".

It felt like it took the paramedics forever to get there! They did not even have their lights on or anything! My boss said because she was not in pain, when we were talking about it after. Ok, fine, she was not in pain, but she was pregnant, about half way through, and her water broke, hurry up!

That messed me up for hours, I was like spaced out or something. I feel terrible for her!

Then my boss and I had a disagreement and while it was not a fight and is not a huge deal, it made for an uncomfortable afternoon.

After that, the girl that is supposed to relieve me calls in sick....and she never calls in so I know she is sick, but my boss could not find anyone to cover. She was gonna call in one of my co-workers that works two jobs and NEVER gets a day off, was out for a walk earlier in the day and mentioned that she was off. So, for the second time this month, I offered to stay extra to avoid her having to come in. The first problem is that my feet and bladder were unprepared for that extra half shift, because I did not pace myself at the beginning of the shift.....my feet have their own heartbeat now and I almost didn't make it home in time to pee!

Now, it is 10:30, the time I usually go to bed during the week, and here I am, eating dinner. That is the second problem.....ugh.

I am feeling overwhelmed, and have a busy week ahead of me. I must pace myself. If I do not make it to the gym tomorrow, I am ok with that, as long as I get my steps in. I can't do much more there than walk on the treadmill and track anyway, as I do not have my appointment for a reboot on the weigh equipment until Thursday.

I have to go for the first of two sets of tests on my legs tomorrow checking the blood flow. When I am mapping the day out in my head, I keep thinking of the wrong medical building......I am hoping I do not make that mistake tomorrow....

@Italian_Buju thank goodness you were there for that lady. I hope her and the baby are okay. That's really scary. I'm sorry you had to work an extra shift yesterday, but why did you have to wait until you got home to pee? If I couldn't pee at work, I'd be in BIG trouble. FWIW, I hope today goes better.

Ok, guys, I need some opinions please. I am leaving now to go for my test and run some errands, but obviously will check later when I am back.....when is it too soon to go knock on the ladies door and ask if she is alright? I have been thinking about her almost non stop, but I do not really know her more than a passing hello, and I am not sure if that would be creepy or not.....

Since you were the one to help her, not creepy at all.

Agreed!

Also, @quiksylver296, you are having an awesome week so far. First a promotion at work and then an awesome loss while on vacation! You need to celebrate!

ETA: Congrats to @Glinda1971 and @lilaclovebird on your losses as well! Great job!!!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    So I didn't want to say anything before I went on holidays but I dropped into "Onederland" by a half pound. I didn't want to jinx it because I was scared I wa sgoing to be back in the 2's when I got home but...Yay I stayed under

@riderfangal awesome job on dropping into onderland!

I'll confess when I first started to lose weight I had no idea what onderland meant other than Alice In Wonderland.

I confess I had never heard that before. It took me a minute but then I got it!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Are there any other Canadians who go without air conditioning all year? I heard it was fairly common to not get AC since most of the year is winter, but during the summer it is miserable. My thermostat reads 26 degrees right now and will inch its way up during the day, sometimes getting to 30 or 31. That's around 86 fahrenheit, which is a great temperature! ... For the outdoors. In here it feels all sticky and hot and I'm hating it. I grew up in the southern US and going without AC there is UNHEARD of.

More and more people are getting AC where I live, but I think the majority (including me) are without. Where I am we usually only have a couple weeks each summer where it's unbearable. (but this summer I feel like we've had more hot days.) Living in a two storey house or an apartment building would be hotter though. I have a fan pointed at my bed so that I can sleep and make sure the blinds are closed to keep some of the heat out. We also don't have the humidity like other places do (thank goodness!)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Raelynn update:
    I finally spoke with the preschool director for the district this morning. She is going to talk to the school psychologist and see what she would like to do as far as evaluations and options. She also wants Raelynn to have a speech evaluation as her SPD can (and does) affect how she comprehends and communicates to an extent. She did mention that there is a 3K option we could try, but it is for severely delayed and autistic children. After discussing Raelynn's specific delays and issues was when she decided to get the psychologist involved, so I don't exactly know how that is going to pan out. She did mention possibly doing an individualized plan as well, just depending on what the psychologist thinks.

Since we've started her on the melatonin she's begun waking up around 5-6am after not going to sleep until around 8:30-9pm, granted she's not waking up at night, but still concerning since that's 8-9 hours of sleep for her, as opposed to the (iirc) 12-15 she's supposed to be getting. We're going to hang on and see if it's just her body adjusting or if we need to try something else.

The tea party at Barnes and noble didn't go well. She completely freaked out when it came time to sit down for story time and wouldn't go near the other kids, as in completely frozen and stuttering "I don't, I want, mommy, mommy,!" She wound up sitting nearby in my lap but she still wouldn't interact or go near other kids. After the story, there was a craft and we could buy snacks if we wanted. She ran to the back of a table, trying to keep away from everyone, but it was such a small space that she couldn't distance herself. Of course at this time, the director calls me, so I'm trying to help Raelynn with her craft and talk with the director at the same time. Halfway through, Raelynn bolts out from the table, grabs my hand, and says "Mommy, I can't do this" and starts running towards the other end of the store. She literally ran away from the craft area and stayed over in the toy section away from everyone else. If anything could have shattered my heart and made me feel like a horrible person, it was that. I spent the rest of my conversation with the director fighting back tears, it just breaks my heart seeing her struggle like this, and I feel guilty for taking her to that. I feel like I should have known better.

My husband broke down when I talked to him about today and my talk with the director. She's fighting a battle that she can't understand, and it kills us to see it knowing there's not much we can do. :cry:

(I feel like I shouldn't be complaining, since I know it could be so much worse, but it's so heartbreaking to see my baby girl struggle everyday!)

So sorry for this struggle you are going through! Nothing is harder than watching your child go through something that you cannot fix for them. Every single parent knows this on one level or another!

Also, that amount of sleep may be all she needs...my son went to bed around 9pm and was up at 5:30am every morning like clock work from the time he was in the crib until more than half way through middle school!

I can remember my mom putting my sister and I to bed around 8 pm (I remember because she is my little sister and it wasn't fair we had the same bedtime). My parents tell me I was always up before them, by 5 am or so.

My dad would usually find me reading in the living room when he got up.

My mother put us to bed at like 7 or 7:30 when the other kids were out playing. It was terrible, we used to just hang in the window watching them play. Her POV was she had us all day...she needed some down time. I still don't agree with that. :wink:
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Tonight I am SPAMKILLER Hear Me Roar!!
    (Seriously, when is MFP going to put in a decent filter? There really is a ridiculous amount.)

Oh no what did I do?

Just messing, I'm a different kind of Spam.
    Ah, are you 'Spam Arie'? I always read it as 'Spa Marie'!

Me too!
  • ShibaEars
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I brought popcorn for a snack today :naughty:

Who hates the smell of popcorn??!!!

That's what I was wondering!
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.

It's the easiest way to get people to donate to anything, by giving them popcorn in exchange for it. The lure of popcorn is strong in this office (well, food generally, but in what office isn't it?)

Confession: I think popcorn smells way better than it tastes. Like, I'll have a handful now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of it for myself or actually purchased any.

I love to eat popcorn too, but you're right, sometimes the smell is better. I wonder if they make a popcorn scented candle...
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    @mohousdon sounds like you guys had a fun weekend! Did you still get to eat your ribs?

We SURE did and they were glorious. His ribs are so good, they don't even need sauce. We also had corn and the cob and baked potatoes (both done on the grill). For dessert, we had the most delicious pound cake with fresh strawberry sauce and grilled pineapple with a cinnamon and brown sugar crust.

Wow. Alllll of this sounds amazing.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Eve53 wrote: »
    Ok, I'll try to keep up. I got another confession though... I use mens shampoo/body wash at the gym because I can't find an all in one that is made for women, and don't want to be bothered with more than one bottle.

Also, I don't wear undies or a bra when I leave the gym because I don't want the trouble of trying to get them back on when I'm all spent from working out, lol.

I confess that this morning I got up at around 5:30 AM to get a shower & after putting Herbal Essence 2 in 1 in my hair I almost put body wash in my hair.

I also confess that some days I forget to wear deodorant to work.
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @Tubbs216 don't worry about keeping up/responding just don't leave us!!!
    Aw, thank you. I'm not going anywhere - sometimes I get overwhelmed about trying to thoroughly read everything and respond to everyone.

Just do what you can...only us OCD folks need to read everything!

You know! Here I am, over on page 1244.....I have made a LOT of head way this weekend, but I am scared to go into the week behind!! I do have Tuesday night home alone though, I am gonna have to make sure I get all my steps in early so I can come home and hang out here for a few hours before bed, lol.

I know how you feel. I have about 2 days I am still not caught up on that I MUST read. It was my plan for tonight but a colicky horse stopped that. I didn't get home til after 11 and I was too tired to even go get my McDonald's ice cream for national ice cream day. I am allowing myself a rain check.

Like the horse cries out?

No, it means it has a tummy ache. Which can be from gas, an obstruction, a slowing down of the bowel function, etc. It can be deadly in horses, as their intestines can burst, they can have their intestines flip or if they roll (which they want to do when they are in pain) their intestines can get tangled. They sort of float as opposed to being anchored down like ours are with other organs, etc. and if they flip or get tangled, part of the intestine can die. And the horse then dies. Its pretty awful. You never take a colic in a horse lightly.
  • AngryViking1970
    Options
    Are there any other Canadians who go without air conditioning all year? I heard it was fairly common to not get AC since most of the year is winter, but during the summer it is miserable. My thermostat reads 26 degrees right now and will inch its way up during the day, sometimes getting to 30 or 31. That's around 86 fahrenheit, which is a great temperature! ... For the outdoors. In here it feels all sticky and hot and I'm hating it. I grew up in the southern US and going without AC there is UNHEARD of.

I'm in central NY, and we didn't put the AC in; we didn't last year, either. For the most part, it's totally manageable, but when it's hot and humid, like this past weekend, it's miserable.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Short and busy work week this week so I haven't been able to stop in to confess much since before last weekend. No way I can catch up on 23 pages and still wrap up my duties by the end of day, tomorrow.

My confession is I am attending a 311 concert tomorrow night along with a bunch of old friends. I have the feeling the beer will be flowing so I took the next 2 days off so I can recoup on Thursday while my bike is tuned up at the shop then going for a bike fitting on Friday.

So I guess what I am saying is I might reappear on Thursday from home. Possibly hungover but hopefully not. It's been a while since I drank so hopefully it doesn't remind me why I don't. lol
  • AngryViking1970
    Options

I talked about this early in the thread.....but I have MAJOR issues using a toilet that is not my own. There are lots of days that I will work ten hours, and even go grocery shopping after that, and not pee until I get home. My body just will not allow it, most of the time. So, I know how to pace myself with drinking when I am not able to go. But at the beginning of the day, I was pacing for several hours earlier, lol.

Oddly, there are certain toilets I can use, there are two at the Y, and one at my foot clinic (they keep a shelf of cleaning supplies right in there, like they knew I was coming, lol), I have no idea WHY my brain allows me to use those ones, but I can, however, I do wipe them down first. Every three months I get a full panel of labs done at my DRs office, and they know I won't do a urine test there, so every time, they give me the cup for the next time and I just use it at home before coming in for the blood work.

If I am having a day that I cannot make it at work for sure, which happens a couple of times a year, I literally close the place down, lock it up, and go scrub the toilet before using it. Even if I am at someone's house, I generally will not use the bathroom, unless I really need to, and then will wash it down also. It just creeps me out to sit my bare *kitten* on something someone else's bare *kitten* was on, lol.

I have a weak bladder and will pee ANYwhere when I really need to go!
    With regards to your neighbour, honestly if her water broke yesterday and she's only 24 weeks, I would have thought she'd still be in hospital (however things turned out). It would be nice to knock and check, and ask if there's anything you can do for her. Definitely not too soon.

Me too. I know where all the restrooms are when I'm out and about.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Ok, I'll try to keep up. I got another confession though... I use mens shampoo/body wash at the gym because I can't find an all in one that is made for women, and don't want to be bothered with more than one bottle.

Also, I don't wear undies or a bra when I leave the gym because I don't want the trouble of trying to get them back on when I'm all spent from working out, lol.

I confess that this morning I got up at around 5:30 AM to get a shower & after putting Herbal Essence 2 in 1 in my hair I almost put body wash in my hair.

Aw, thank you. I'm not going anywhere - sometimes I get overwhelmed about trying to thoroughly read everything and respond to everyone.

You know! Here I am, over on page 1244.....I have made a LOT of head way this weekend, but I am scared to go into the week behind!! I do have Tuesday night home alone though, I am gonna have to make sure I get all my steps in early so I can come home and hang out here for a few hours before bed, lol.

I know how you feel. I have about 2 days I am still not caught up on that I MUST read. It was my plan for tonight but a colicky horse stopped that. I didn't get home til after 11 and I was too tired to even go get my McDonald's ice cream for national ice cream day. I am allowing myself a rain check.

I hope horse is doing much better. Is it? I hope you are ok too.

Last I heard he was doing better, thanks for asking. I did manage to get my rain check on my way home from yoga and I admit I still LOVE McDonald's ice cream cones (remember, don't judge me). BTW, the horse isn't mine, he is another boarder, but I happened to catch that he wasn't feeling well and I was the only one there so took care of him til my trainer determined she needed to call the vet. They ended up being there most of the night/day and he developed a fever, but at about 5 pm when I asked last I heard he had pooped and was doing better.

Glad he's doing better! It's so hard to see any animal suffering.

I haven't had McDonald's ice cream in a long time, but I love it too so no judgment here :smile:

So do I, I didn't know that it was a bad thing... :p It's obviously not the best ice cream out there, but I think it tastes quite nice!

Well, you guys are all so into your ice cream I thought you would look down on me for my pedestrian tastes!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,367 Member
    Options
    Daughter went to the doctor this morning. If I wasn't there, she wouldn't have told them the whole story, so I went with. The anxiety, it's worse than I realized. Poor girl, she has anxiety over every social situation. I had no idea.

Anyhow, they are checking her thyroid, gave her a prescription, and she'll go back in 4 weeks to see how it's going.

My son went to the dentist. I know there are thousands of dollars of work that needs to be done on his teeth. The dentist sent him home with a "procedure plan" to review and plan for the next steps. Ugh. I guess I'll look at that when I get home. But, really, what am I going to do? He only has one set of teeth. They have to be taken care of, or he'll have dentures by age 25. Dang kid.
    Oh, so sorry :/ What was the prescription for? The anxiety?
    I could have written this. My daughter is really struggling too (19 yo - the one with anemia, which is not improving), and we had to spend $2000 on fillings for my son because he didn't brush properly when he had braces. Seriously, kid?

Yes, for anxiety. A previous doctor had tried a couple of things that didn't seem to help at all, so she's trying Pristiq and Klonopin temporarily for immediate relief.
    I really hope those things help her. It's so hard, seeing them struggle, isn't it? Should that work straight away? I thought anti-depressants generally take a few weeks to kick in. Are anti-anxiety meds quicker?

My daughter has to have another blood test this week, which will test her iron but also her thyroid function. She was put on the seasonal pill to reduce her heavy periods, but she's had constant bleeding ever since she started taking in (6 weeks), so it seems counter-productive. I know these things take time to settle down, so I'm encouraging her to stick with it, but she's so exhausted and weepy all the time. It's having a huge impact on her life and I feel desperately sorry for her.

Wow, I hope she is doing a bit better by now. Have they thought of maybe the depo shot? I take that to control uterine tumors and have almost no bleeding, MAYBE a bit of spotting getting close to the next shot, but not often. I do take them closer together than the average woman, but that might be because of my weight too.
    Thanks for asking. No, Depo hasn't been discussed so far. She's actually a lot better this week, fortunately - she got a job that she really wanted which will see her through to this time next year. She's taking a year away from college and wants to work and then travel for a bit. That's helped her feel like things are a little more under control. Part of her issue at the moment seems to be managing change and unpredictable situations badly. She gets upset if she gets invited to a party with only a couple of hours notice, that kind of thing (is that anxiety related?) We're on vacation for a week from next Friday, so she won't see the doctor again until the first week of August, and I'll go with her this time. I think I'm going to ask for a referral to a women's clinic, because she's still bleeding (8 weeks now) and I think she needs a scan or something to make sure there's nothing else going on.

Yes, that is anxiety related for sure! I almost never do things last minute, even fun things, because it is just way too stressful.

Good idea to go with her, I still tend to speak for/with my kids at DRs appts and such. It is hard to remember everything you need to remember as an adult.....but they are still learning.....

I didn't realize this was anxiety related. I always thought I was being inflexible & selfish. I don't want to be that way, but if I don't have time to plan something or fit something in my schedule I get extremely annoyed. I figured I had a bit of anxiety, but hearing more and more of these types of things is making me realize I'm a lot worse than I thought.

I am also known as the Least Spontaneous Person ever, who hates any interruption of my many multiple routines... I've always attributed this to growing up in the chaos of an alcoholic home so that having control over my schedule and my environment give me a sense of security that was completely lacking in my childhood. But maybe it's more of an anxiety thing.

I discovered anxiety for the first time in peri-menopause. :s However, I'm willing to consider that it may have been with me all along and just intensified when my hormones went whacky.

Anxiety is responsible for about 90% of my insomnia. I have a super strict and rigid bedtime routine to try and combat this. And sometimes it doesn't work anyway. Those are the times I feel like a crazy person.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994, glad you're back. I was asking about you yesterday! Sorry you're not feeling well. Hope it passes soon!
  • Oberon21
    Options

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.

It's the easiest way to get people to donate to anything, by giving them popcorn in exchange for it. The lure of popcorn is strong in this office (well, food generally, but in what office isn't it?)

Confession: I think popcorn smells way better than it tastes. Like, I'll have a handful now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of it for myself or actually purchased any.

I love to eat popcorn too, but you're right, sometimes the smell is better. I wonder if they make a popcorn scented candle...

I LOVE popcorn. But I rarely eat it anymore. Every time I do my weight is up the next day, even though I don't put butter or salt on it.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I have a weak bladder and will pee ANYwhere when I really need to go!
    With regards to your neighbour, honestly if her water broke yesterday and she's only 24 weeks, I would have thought she'd still be in hospital (however things turned out). It would be nice to knock and check, and ask if there's anything you can do for her. Definitely not too soon.

Me too. I know where all the restrooms are when I'm out and about.

I have a medically diagnosed smaller bladder than normal, so I'd probably explode if I tried to hold it in... Regardless, I do wash and wipe down public toilets before I'll use them. :p

nonoelmo wrote: »

I hope horse is doing much better. Is it? I hope you are ok too.

Last I heard he was doing better, thanks for asking. I did manage to get my rain check on my way home from yoga and I admit I still LOVE McDonald's ice cream cones (remember, don't judge me). BTW, the horse isn't mine, he is another boarder, but I happened to catch that he wasn't feeling well and I was the only one there so took care of him til my trainer determined she needed to call the vet. They ended up being there most of the night/day and he developed a fever, but at about 5 pm when I asked last I heard he had pooped and was doing better.

Glad he's doing better! It's so hard to see any animal suffering.

I haven't had McDonald's ice cream in a long time, but I love it too so no judgment here :smile:

So do I, I didn't know that it was a bad thing... :p It's obviously not the best ice cream out there, but I think it tastes quite nice!

Well, you guys are all so into your ice cream I thought you would look down on me for my pedestrian tastes!

Definitely not me! I confess that I love the super-cheap lighter than air ice cream that tastes pretty much awful, because it reminds me of when I was a little kid and bought super-cheap ice cream in horrible plastic-tasting cones from school fairs and such. :p
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options

Oooh, I would love that.

I LOVE popcorn. But I rarely eat it anymore. Every time I do my weight is up the next day, even though I don't put butter or salt on it.

I live off popcorn at work. Specifically, CVS house brand called Gold Emblem, I think. It's soooo good and low cal, for popcorn. No weighing issues here.