Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

I brought popcorn for a snack today :naughty:

Who hates the smell of popcorn??!!!

That's what I was wondering!
    I have a coworker who can be quite snotty and apparently gets offended by smells. And I get it to a point, I also hate strong perfumes and the like. But she complained to me the other day about how "rude" it is that someone made popcorn. Not liking a smell is one thing. Saying someone is rude because of a food seems a bit ridiculous to me.

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.

It's the easiest way to get people to donate to anything, by giving them popcorn in exchange for it. The lure of popcorn is strong in this office (well, food generally, but in what office isn't it?)

Confession: I think popcorn smells way better than it tastes. Like, I'll have a handful now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of it for myself or actually purchased any.

I love to eat popcorn too, but you're right, sometimes the smell is better. I wonder if they make a popcorn scented candle...

I LOVE popcorn. But I rarely eat it anymore. Every time I do my weight is up the next day, even though I don't put butter or salt on it.

I live off popcorn at work. Specifically, CVS house brand called Gold Emblem, I think. It's soooo good and low cal, for popcorn. No weighing issues here.

Popcorn for the win. I eat a big bowl every night!!

I love LOVE L-O-V-E popcorn! I can't handle that microwave stuff though, I make hot air popped with real salted butter. Or popcorn from the movie theatre, I said this early in the thread, but I have been known to go there, buy a bag of popcorn and then come home and eat it.....

I make the air popped too. I use either margarine or baking spray depending on how many calories I have left and then use one of the many many popcorn seasonings I own. Have also tried taco seasoning on it which is also yummy.

Now for a confession. Hope I don't get kicked out of the group but I could take or leave ice cream or cookies for that matter and.....I have never eaten one of those protein bars you guys are always raving about.

Runs away and hides

I am a total food snob

I only like very high quality ice cream, I basically only eat Häagen-Dazs. Same with popcorn, it HAS to be real butter! For cookies, I don't eat like Christie cookies or anything like that, only bakery type ones or homemade. I -have- eaten boxed cookies in a pinch but I would never CHOOSE to eat that.

Today, I bought two Quest Bars (almost $4 each!). One chocolate peanut butter, and one chocolate chip cookie dough.....these better be good guys!!!

I also bought a box of 100 Stevia packets ($8!!!), and I tried to make a lemonade, as I have heard that is good, and it was NASTY! I wonder what I can make with it that will taste good......

Both those things are cuz of this thread, lol.

Well I am almost caught up here, will have to catch up in the batcave tomorrow, too tired tonight.....I am gonna have some popcorn and watch Devious Maids from last night. I actually got lucky and get a second night at home alone tomorrow (well some of it), cuz my daughter and her boyfriend are going out for dinner and a movie, so tomorrow I should get more time online since I am only going to come home after work.....

SO glad I got to swim today, it was wonderful.....except for the three charlie horses I got.....ugh. That is why I have to go for those tests on my legs....I keep getting really bad, really long charlie horses in my calves....like to the point where they will be sore for days afterwards, they are the most intense ones I have ever had in my life, and getting more and more frequent. I hope they can figure this out cuz the pain is terrible.....

On an awkward note.....I threw my bathing suit on and went the testing place (had shorts and a shirt over it of course), because I was heading right over to the pool afterwards. The lady says "I need you to take off everything except your bra and underwear."

Great, except I am wearing a one piece bathing suit!

I had to lay naked for the 45 minute test, lol. She put some paper over me,, but it just ripped and moved....

:expressionless:

I'm glad you got to swim finally!

I'm sorry about the leg cramps. I really hope that you are able to get help for that soon. That sounds terrible.

And OMG I'm so sorry that you had the one piece suit on. How awkward!! At least it is over now.

Oh and I hope you like the Quest bars. I really like certain flavors but everyone is different so you may not like them. Hopefully you do though since they were so expensive...
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I set a goal of finishing a 5k in under 45 minutes. I have done it and discovered I hate running, but I didn't quit and still run a couple of charity races a year. LOL! so I joined a gym and took some classes and discovered that I enjoy yoga, the Barre is still a killer at creating great calves, and I enjoy lifting with my husband. My new goals are to be able to do crow pose and to bench, deadlift and squat my bodyweight. Good luck!

I also have goals to deadlift, bench, and squat my bodyweight! I'm hoping to accomplish this by the end of the year. My boyfriend says I should hit those goals well before the end of the year...here's hoping!

I can deadlift and squat my body weight...but bench?!? Man, it's gonna take me a loooong time to get there. That or I need to lose a lot of weight. LOL

Hehehe, that was my thought too. I'm at body weight now for deadlift (will be above on Thursday) and close to on squat (lifted 105 today, I weight 135). My bench this morning was 70, and I think I'm going to be hanging out at 75 for a couple of weeks based on how I barely made 70 today. My overhead press is 60, and I think I'm going to be there for a long time, too. These are 5x5 weights though (you're a fellow SL 5X5-er, right?), so maybe we could do a body weight max on bench?

Holy wow. I am no-where near those statistics! That is impressive! I can deadlift 70Kg, today was my first squat at 60Kg, but I can only bench 32.5Kg. I started on 35Kg, but I could only just finish the first set so I put it back down to 32.5. :disappointed:

Edit: It has just occurred to me that you have put the weight in lbs? so actually, I'm quite chuffed with myself. :blush:

Lois! Is it weird that I was thinking about you last night and wondering where you've been? It's like I summoned you. LOL

Maybe you did! :smile: I was putting my lunch in and I thought I should drop by, didn't know if I had time but thought I would anyway. I think I've just lost the rest of the afternoon
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Do any of the wonderful Canadians on here who enjoy mystery/detective novels read Louise Penny's Inspector Gamache series? She's a Canadian author whose novels are set in Canada. Anyhow, I love them. I'm very excited that her newest book in the series will be released on my birthday next month!!

Confession - I'm worried that setting a goal weight will mean that I'll rest on my laurels once I get there, setting me up for gaining it back. I need to change my mind set away from having an "end goal" because then the process is over....and I tend to sprint to the finish, if that makes sense. Like go all out to get to that goal weight, especially now that it's within reach, and then have a let down once I'm there. @pofoster21 How did you handle this? Maybe if I keep setting goals for myself re: fitness challenges or hikes or bike rides, that'll keep me focused on continually improving overall (instead of being weight-focused). Anyone else have tips?

I set a goal of finishing a 5k in under 45 minutes. I have done it and discovered I hate running, but I didn't quit and still run a couple of charity races a year. LOL! so I joined a gym and took some classes and discovered that I enjoy yoga, the Barre is still a killer at creating great calves, and I enjoy lifting with my husband. My new goals are to be able to do crow pose and to bench, deadlift and squat my bodyweight. Good luck!

I also have goals to deadlift, bench, and squat my bodyweight! I'm hoping to accomplish this by the end of the year. My boyfriend says I should hit those goals well before the end of the year...here's hoping!

I can deadlift and squat my body weight...but bench?!? Man, it's gonna take me a loooong time to get there. That or I need to lose a lot of weight. LOL

Hehehe, that was my thought too. I'm at body weight now for deadlift (will be above on Thursday) and close to on squat (lifted 105 today, I weight 135). My bench this morning was 70, and I think I'm going to be hanging out at 75 for a couple of weeks based on how I barely made 70 today. My overhead press is 60, and I think I'm going to be there for a long time, too. These are 5x5 weights though (you're a fellow SL 5X5-er, right?), so maybe we could do a body weight max on bench?

Holy wow. I am no-where near those statistics! That is impressive! I can deadlift 70Kg, today was my first squat at 60Kg, but I can only bench 32.5Kg. I started on 35Kg, but I could only just finish the first set so I put it back down to 32.5. :disappointed:

Edit: It has just occurred to me that you have put the weight in lbs? so actually, I'm quite chuffed with myself. :blush:

@Lois_1989 YOU'RE BACK!!!! You have been missed!!!! <3 And now, I am going to find a calculator to see how much you are lifting in lbs, cuz I have no idea.

ETA: Nice lifting, Lois! Those are great numbers (now that I know what they equal)

Welcome back! And yeah, your numbers are awesome Lois - way to rock it!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    @Lois_1989 YOU'RE BACK!!!! You have been missed!!!! <3 And now, I am going to find a calculator to see how much you are lifting in lbs, cuz I have no idea.

ETA: Nice lifting, Lois! Those are great numbers (now that I know what they equal)

Ditto!!

And I'm a middle-aged Canadian... the metric system was introduced while I was in school... I can think in both lbs and kg, inches and cm, grams and oz, miles and km, Celsius and Fahrenheit...
    It's kinda handly being bilingual isn't it?! Canada's such an uneasy mix of both systems. My husband goes nuts when he goes to Canadian Tire looking for metric bolts and they only have imperial.

I'm old enough that I remember the 'new money' being brought in in the UK. It used to be a complicated and archaic system of pounds, shillings and pence (that's where all the Dickensian 'tuppence-ha'penny' and 'farthings' come from, and what JK Rowling based Wizarding money on). In 1971 they switched over to a decimal system, and things were never the same again!
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »

@quiksylver296 and @WestCoastJo82 I wish I could work out with you ladies. I want so badly to start lifting heavy but I'm so scared I'll hurt myself. I also wish I could get my husband to work out with me, but he has zero interest in that.

Mo I thought you did do heavy lifting?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

She would hate my office, we have one of those theatre-style poppers that our social committee uses once every couple months for charity fundraisers and stuff. We pop with coconut oil and that movie-theatre seasoning and It. Smells. Incredible.

Oooh, I would love that.

It's the easiest way to get people to donate to anything, by giving them popcorn in exchange for it. The lure of popcorn is strong in this office (well, food generally, but in what office isn't it?)

Confession: I think popcorn smells way better than it tastes. Like, I'll have a handful now and then but I can't remember the last time I had a bag of it for myself or actually purchased any.

I love to eat popcorn too, but you're right, sometimes the smell is better. I wonder if they make a popcorn scented candle...

I LOVE popcorn. But I rarely eat it anymore. Every time I do my weight is up the next day, even though I don't put butter or salt on it.

I live off popcorn at work. Specifically, CVS house brand called Gold Emblem, I think. It's soooo good and low cal, for popcorn. No weighing issues here.

I love LOVE L-O-V-E popcorn! I can't handle that microwave stuff though, I make hot air popped with real salted butter. Or popcorn from the movie theatre, I said this early in the thread, but I have been known to go there, buy a bag of popcorn and then come home and eat it.....

I make the air popped too. I use either margarine or baking spray depending on how many calories I have left and then use one of the many many popcorn seasonings I own. Have also tried taco seasoning on it which is also yummy.

Now for a confession. Hope I don't get kicked out of the group but I could take or leave ice cream or cookies for that matter and.....I have never eaten one of those protein bars you guys are always raving about.

Runs away and hides

I don't really care for ice cream either. I REALLY have to be in the mood for it, or have a piece of warm apple/cherry pie or brownie or chocolate cake to put it on. I'm definitely NOT one of those people that can sit down and eat a whole pint (not judging) even if I really like the flavor. It's cold, and makes my stomach hurt. Also, I don't think it's worth the calories. *hides with you*

Cookies, on the other hand, I LOVE cookies. Especially Mr. Mo's warm chocolate chips cookies. He uses the same recipe that Phoebe's grandma used. If you got this reference, we're officially best friends now!

As far as Quest Bars go, I have only just recently (within the last 6 months or a little longer) discovered them. For the amount of calories they contain, they have a really high protein count, and are extremely high in fiber, but don't do me nasty like the Pure Protein ones. Plus, they just taste really delicious...well, most of them do.

• FroggyBug
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    I finally made a doctor appointment about my extreme loss of appetite. I go on August 3rd. Hopefully she'll test my leptin, ghrelin, and TSH levels because last time I had a blood test done none of those were tested.

If you want these tested, ask for it. We work for you...in spite of the years of education, you are the boss in your relationship with your doctor and his/her staff. Also, we can't read your mind so ask questions and tell us everything. Please... thank you from the girl who works for a large multiple specialist physician practice. (Note: I am a bean counter, I argue to get things paid, the more info we have, the easier that is. Even for a million dollar baby or cancer patient.)

ETA: I hope you don't think I am a jerk for that little rant. I get really upset when I ask a new patient what they are taking drug x for and the answer is the doctor told me to. Please ask us why and please ask if you want a certain test. It may be a zebra when we're still looking for horses, but the more puzzle pieces we have, the better we are at helping you feel better. And I really want everyone here to feel better and for it to happen soon.

Thanks for writing this. I did not like my last doctor because she never took me serious and only focused on one thing on every visit. She didn't want to hear anything else. Plus I told her I wanted to get checked out since I hadn't been to a doctor in years but she wouldn't even do blood work. After my third visit (where the nurse didn't even record my weight correctly so it made it look like I had gained weight-I didn't know until I left the office), I vowed to find a new doctor. If she isn't going to listen, I need to find someone else who will.

I hope I can find a doctor who will listen. What you wrote above, gives me hope!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    @m1xm0d3 and @kelly_c_77 so glad I am not alone on the protein bar thing. I was starting to feel a bit freakish lol

I also don't eat protein bars - I can't find one that doesn't use artificial sweeteners (no, I don't think they will kill me, I just think they all taste like crap - the aftertaste if horrid).
    I do drink protein shakes though, ON oats and whey uses sugar :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!

@raelynnsmama52512 Best wishes that the financing will come through for you!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

Double grocery runs for me! Yay! ;)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!

Okay as promised here are my refrigerator and my cabinet.

Hehehehehe! Oh man, so I don't think the cabinet is bad, but that is one sad fridge.
    Sad? I think you mean awesome! My fridge is full of old Chinese food, half eaten bits of cheese, empty orange juice cartons and a gigantic watermelon that I bought over a week ago and that nobody, inexplicably, is interested in eating. It needs a total empty and a really thorough cleaning, but I just can't bring myself to get motivated. I would LOVE to open it and find it suddenly looking like POF's fridge!

Mine is full of eggs, sliced turkey, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, cauliflower, three different types of cheese, whipping cream, fresh milk, butter, margarine, bread, diet soda... And both your fridge AND hers sound terrible. ;)

I haven't been grocery shopping since we got back from camping, I have some leftovers from the camping trip but we are in pretty dire straights... I need to get that sorted out and get myself back into a routine >.<

Sheesh. I feel like a freak. One fridge isn't enough for us. I have a second fridge in the garage, plus an upright freezer out there. We go through a TON of food. One example: Hubby grilled 6 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs on Sunday for dinner. We each brought some for lunch, and they were gone before I got home from work yesterday. There are 3 of us.
    We always have tons of food too. The chest freezer is always packed with frozen meat (minimum: ground beef, steaks, chicken breasts, chicken thighs or drumsticks, shrimp, scallops, a white fish, and salmon) and bread (we don't eat it fast enough to keep it fresh but I usually have buns of some type, sandwich bread, naan, and homemade pizza crust) and frozen fruit. Right now I have like six pounds of shredded cheese in there too.

The fridge is pretty well always stuffed too. I need to have salad greens, bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, green onions, green apples, eggs, bacon, and a hard and soft cheese in there all the time, plus we've always got about a hundred jars of pickles and olives and stuff. And mustard. Literally ten kinds of mustard and ten kinds of hot sauce at all times. It's bad. And our roommate always has beer in there too.

Yet somehow nothing ever lasts long enough to go bad, thanks to my bottomless pit of a husband and my obsessive FIFO habits.

In my freezer I have two bags of chicken thighs, one bag of chicken breast, tilapia, mixed veggies, cauliflower, & a few frozen meals for when I am too lazy to make anything.

In my pantry I have around 5 boxes of protein bars, a package of the new Thin Golden Oreos, some Seaweed I probably won't eat, & some flavored pea snacks. In my other cabinets I have 6 peanut butters, various canned veggies/beans, around 8-9 different cereals, & rice.

In my fridge freezer, I have frozen food. In my upright freezer, I have more frozen food. In my fridge, I have lots of food that will probably not get eaten. In my walk-in pantry, I have yet more food.

I envy those of you that have full inventory of what you have on hand. I would love that but don't ever see that happening.
    Hahaha! We're similar housekeepers. Sometimes we'll have a 'let's see' meal, where I'll take a tub of something reddish out of the freezer and leave it to defrost. If it's curry or chilli I'll cook some rice. If it turns out to be bolognese sauce, I'll get the spaghetti out.

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Oooh, I would love that.

Runs away and hides

I don't really care for ice cream either. I REALLY have to be in the mood for it, or have a piece of warm apple/cherry pie or brownie or chocolate cake to put it on. I'm definitely NOT one of those people that can sit down and eat a whole pint (not judging) even if I really like the flavor. It's cold, and makes my stomach hurt. Also, I don't think it's worth the calories. *hides with you*

Cookies, on the other hand, I LOVE cookies. Especially Mr. Mo's warm chocolate chips cookies. He uses the same recipe that Phoebe's grandma used. If you got this reference, we're officially best friends now!

As far as Quest Bars go, I have only just recently (within the last 6 months or a little longer) discovered them. For the amount of calories they contain, they have a really high protein count, and are extremely high in fiber, but don't do me nasty like the Pure Protein ones. Plus, they just taste really delicious...well, most of them do.

Yay Friends. I miss that show!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options

Oooh, I would love that.

Runs away and hides

Haha, the Nestle Tollhouse recipe!
  • Lois_1989
    edited July 2015
    Options

Oooh, I would love that.

Runs away and hides

LOL I believe the name was Nestlé?

Edit: I'm doubting myself! Was it? I'm sure it was...
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options

Oooh, I would love that.

Runs away and hides

Pronounced "Nes-lay Tollhou-say", iirc? ;)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So, Raelynn went back to sleep last night without having to take another melatonin tablet, I'm considering that a mini-win. Now to make some phone calls!
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Oooh, I would love that.

Runs away and hides

Pronounced "Nes-lay Tollhou-say", iirc? ;)

With a French accent he he he
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    So, Raelynn went back to sleep last night without having to take another melatonin tablet, I'm considering that a mini-win. Now to make some phone calls!

That is a big win!!!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Confessions and feelings:
    (I hope it's okay to post this here considering I have B.E.D)
    • I can eat a 2lbs thing of sour cream while eating chips and french onion dip, the chips being a family size bag
    • For a long time I binged on Sour Cream and Onion chips in the Wal-Mart parking lot, it was my thing I did in the evenings after class :o
    • I could easily eat a Edwards Oreo pie in one day, and have many times
    • If I eat hot dogs I eat at Ieast 3 minimum, 4 max
    • I can't comfortably date until my weight is down, but I won't say this unless asked
    • I feel like I'm constantly battling my B.E.D and I'm trying to give it one hell of a fight (It started from a very young age, I believe it's because I could never find comfort in people so I found it in food)
    • I get extremely agitated when I've been craving something for days, I even dream about food
    • Three years ago I lost about 40lbs and gained 81lbs back, making me feel worse than ever [I've lost 24lbs of it currently]
    • I have anxiety and can't stand to look people in the eye :(
    • I hate when I tell [said person] about how much weight I've lost and get replies such as "Good, if you don't you'll die" *** "You better or you're going to end up getting diabetes" *** "You will end up losing a leg if you don't, do you want that?"*** It's almost never a "I'm so happy for you, I'm proud of you keep going." :s

I've never been diagnosed with B.E.D or anything but I have been known to eat a lot of food at once. As a kid I used to sneak into the kitchen to get food at night (I picked the room right across from the kitchen for a reason). Sorry you are going through that.

The last part of your confession really made me sad. I'm sorry that no one is happy for you for losing weight. I want to say that you are doing a good job (24 lbs is awesome!). Keep going and don't let anyone take away your motivation.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Oooh, I would love that.

Runs away and hides

I've never had one of those protein bars or Quest bars either. I have had a Clif bar before..does that count?
    I do love my ice cream and cookies though. :smiley:

Six was the Doomsday killer.

I eat Cliff bars.....and I used to love this one kind of pure protein bar, but they stopped making it a while back.....

Which pure protein bar do you miss?
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 That is exciting news!! I hope it all works out for you!

@raelynnsmama52512 Best wishes that the financing will come through for you!
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 exciting. I hope it all works out well for you. That is a lot of moving pieces coming together. Best of luck in everything!

Thanks y'all! ❤️

Haven't found type original post yet but my brief app is over until l later so will add here best wishes and fingers crossed!
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @riderfangal I can totally get behind some retail therapy! Better than going home and eating lots of high caloried food! (in my opinion so not trying to offend anyone, I obviously can't stop feeding myself haha)

I HATE shopping, hate it! I feel like its all I do sometimes. Yesterday I needed new pants for work, so while out running my errands I stopped in my usual clothing store, and was in and out with two pairs of pants in ten minutes. When I have to spend time trying stuff on or looking for something in particular, it drives me mad, I wish everything I needed was just bagged at the counter and I could just go in and pay and get out, lol. Today I have to go grocery shopping, which is the bane of my existence......ugh.

Well...we know I love clothes shopping. I am a master at Marshalls. I am a machine. I can buzz through that place in 30 min and walk out with great stuff. But again. Grocery shopping. Ick. When I move to Saudi Arabia Susie is going to take care of it for me. :)

Double grocery runs for me! Yay! ;)

And double cooking. I think you would be horrified at how I eat out and that my cupboard is all canned soup and protein bars and that my refrigerator is empty. If I remember I'll post a pic tonight to show you!

Okay as promised here are my refrigerator and my cabinet.

Hehehehehe! Oh man, so I don't think the cabinet is bad, but that is one sad fridge.
    Sad? I think you mean awesome! My fridge is full of old Chinese food, half eaten bits of cheese, empty orange juice cartons and a gigantic watermelon that I bought over a week ago and that nobody, inexplicably, is interested in eating. It needs a total empty and a really thorough cleaning, but I just can't bring myself to get motivated. I would LOVE to open it and find it suddenly looking like POF's fridge!

Mine is full of eggs, sliced turkey, tomatoes, cucumbers, lettuce, cauliflower, three different types of cheese, whipping cream, fresh milk, butter, margarine, bread, diet soda... And both your fridge AND hers sound terrible. ;)

I haven't been grocery shopping since we got back from camping, I have some leftovers from the camping trip but we are in pretty dire straights... I need to get that sorted out and get myself back into a routine >.<

Sheesh. I feel like a freak. One fridge isn't enough for us. I have a second fridge in the garage, plus an upright freezer out there. We go through a TON of food. One example: Hubby grilled 6 lbs of boneless skinless chicken thighs on Sunday for dinner. We each brought some for lunch, and they were gone before I got home from work yesterday. There are 3 of us.
    We always have tons of food too. The chest freezer is always packed with frozen meat (minimum: ground beef, steaks, chicken breasts, chicken thighs or drumsticks, shrimp, scallops, a white fish, and salmon) and bread (we don't eat it fast enough to keep it fresh but I usually have buns of some type, sandwich bread, naan, and homemade pizza crust) and frozen fruit. Right now I have like six pounds of shredded cheese in there too.

The fridge is pretty well always stuffed too. I need to have salad greens, bell peppers, tomatoes, broccoli, green onions, green apples, eggs, bacon, and a hard and soft cheese in there all the time, plus we've always got about a hundred jars of pickles and olives and stuff. And mustard. Literally ten kinds of mustard and ten kinds of hot sauce at all times. It's bad. And our roommate always has beer in there too.

Yet somehow nothing ever lasts long enough to go bad, thanks to my bottomless pit of a husband and my obsessive FIFO habits.

In my freezer I have two bags of chicken thighs, one bag of chicken breast, tilapia, mixed veggies, cauliflower, & a few frozen meals for when I am too lazy to make anything.

In my pantry I have around 5 boxes of protein bars, a package of the new Thin Golden Oreos, some Seaweed I probably won't eat, & some flavored pea snacks. In my other cabinets I have 6 peanut butters, various canned veggies/beans, around 8-9 different cereals, & rice.

In my fridge freezer, I have frozen food. In my upright freezer, I have more frozen food. In my fridge, I have lots of food that will probably not get eaten. In my walk-in pantry, I have yet more food.

I envy those of you that have full inventory of what you have on hand. I would love that but don't ever see that happening.

Sounds like my house. I have food, just not usually anything I want at the time.

ETA correct my bad typing today....
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who has congratulated me on my loss so far. It still doesn't seem real to me but at least I know all the broccoli farts are worth something! :lol:

AHAHAHAHA!!! Broccoli farts. They really are the worst.