Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have been wearing lots of sleeveless shirts to the office this summer and I constantly find myself feeling myself up...on my triceps, that is. I have triceps I can feel!!!

Awesome!
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    @riderfangal the mancreature's twin is living in Regina currently and already uses the dry cold thing, it makes me giggle.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    MissKalhan wrote: »
    @riderfangal the mancreature's twin is living in Regina currently and already uses the dry cold thing, it makes me giggle.

Haha that's awesome!! I lived in Regina for 17 years!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Ok, guys, I need some opinions please. I am leaving now to go for my test and run some errands, but obviously will check later when I am back.....when is it too soon to go knock on the ladies door and ask if she is alright? I have been thinking about her almost non stop, but I do not really know her more than a passing hello, and I am not sure if that would be creepy or not.....

Just my opinion but I would think the next day would be fine. I'd be happy knowing that someone cared enough about me to make sure I was okay.

I do hope that she and the baby are okay...

@Italian_Buju I think waiting a day or two would be good. If they had to deliver the baby early (which would've been necessary if her water broke), she may be dealing with grief if the baby was too early to make it. Just my opinion - give it at least one full day, if not 2. She may still be in the hospital if she had other complications, too. I am so glad you were able to be there for her when she needed it. Checking on her is a sweet, compassionate thing to do!

(My sister delivered twins at 30 weeks of pregnancy, which is very early. They both survived, but she had been in the hospital for a few weeks leading up to that, so had been given steroids to help the babies' lungs mature more quickly. I am familiar with the complications from early delivery/labor because I was very much involved with my sister's process.)

My youngest tried making his great escape starting at about 25 weeks. I seriously went in a few times for the Magnesium Sulfate/hospital stays until the contractions stopped and went home back on bed rest. I had a calendar and counted down the days that passed. They gave me the 2 doses of steroids, too. I cried every day and ALL I could think about was if he was ok. I have never been so scared in my life. I was in the hospital basically bi-weekly until he hit 37weeks2days and then the OB said "enough" and let him come.

They gave me the rundown on mortality rates at 25 weeks, 27, etc. and told me literally every day upped his odds like 1%. At 25 weeks, it was...not good. At one point, I was asked if I wanted to use the hospital chaplain or use one of my own for him for last rites. They throw so much at you, you're just in shellshock. I would give her some time bc 1) she's still in the hospital if in fact it was her water and not urine, and 2) if Heaven forbid something happened, she needs time to process it. The only thing that saved us was they think my water never broke. Had a few "leaks" but it turned out to be urine and then the last one it tested positive for amniotic fluid, but with bed rest/bed pan it stopped and they let me go until the 37 weeks.

Sorry you had to go through this but happy things turned out well for you!!!

It was the worst 12-ish weeks of my life, hands down... I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, and the worst part is it's hard to talk to people about it. Not many people relate and I still cry and feel my blood pressure go up when I think about it. I would talk to him and rub my belly and tell him to stay in there and that I was trying so hard to keep him safe... I still sometimes feel like I let him down because I just couldn't hold out another few weeks. He has a few problems from being early and the steroids they gave me for his lungs and it tears me up that *I* did something wrong. It would've been much, much worse if he had come even earlier, though, so I try to just be grateful for that.

I totally can relate my son tried to make an early exit it and I had the steroid shots as well. He did come early but we made it to 34 weeks and he was perfectly healthy!!

I was a 35 weeks baby! I just wanted out. I still hold this attitude about most things.

I did develop pneumonia at only a couple of months old, which they think was related to my lungs not quite getting there since I'm unnaturally impatient, and they thought it might carry over into childhood/adult life, but I have zero long-term issues from them. :)
  • tobistatler
    tobistatler Posts: 940 Member
    Options

From Colorado and I always say "pop." It's funny because we have a lot of people who are not from this state and I had a guy tell me that I must not be from Colorado since I say pop. The weird thing is everyone I know that was born in Colorado or lived here forever says pop too. :|

I took the quiz and it figured out where I was located haha. Had two cities from Colorado and one in Kansas.[/quote]

I'm from Colorado too (the western slope) and say pop and I got the same results as you for the quiz!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    I took my 7 year old son to the fire company carnival last night. I managed to avoid the funnel cakes, cotton candy, deep fried Snickers, ice cream waffles, boardwalk fries and sausage sandwiches. Instead, I had 4 dozen clams. FOUR DOZEN!

I love clams.

I don't know how many calories that was and I'm afraid to log it. :(
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Woke up to find our dog had died in the middle of the night. She was 11 years old. And we have no idea why it happened.

One of my kids is devastated. The other doesn't even know yet, and I have to tell her soon.

I am so sorry.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Woke up to find our dog had died in the middle of the night. She was 11 years old. And we have no idea why it happened.

One of my kids is devastated. The other doesn't even know yet, and I have to tell her soon.
    :'(
    I know from personal experience how incredibly difficult this is. So sorry.

This. I'm so sorry :(
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Confession: I have been wearing lots of sleeveless shirts to the office this summer and I constantly find myself feeling myself up...on my triceps, that is. I have triceps I can feel!!!

I would so do this if I were allowed to wear sleeveless clothing at work.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Today is Free tea Day at McAlister's, $1 regular coney day at Sonic, and free turnover, lava cake, or shake day at Arby's. I'm tempted to go to all of these places just for free/cheap food.

Why didn't I read this before I left to drive home earlier:(. I could've went to Arby's for a free shake :'(.

Did you end up getting any of the free food?

Just free tea. It wasn't even good. I was disappointed.

• riderfangal
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    Ok, guys, I need some opinions please. I am leaving now to go for my test and run some errands, but obviously will check later when I am back.....when is it too soon to go knock on the ladies door and ask if she is alright? I have been thinking about her almost non stop, but I do not really know her more than a passing hello, and I am not sure if that would be creepy or not.....

Just my opinion but I would think the next day would be fine. I'd be happy knowing that someone cared enough about me to make sure I was okay.

I do hope that she and the baby are okay...

@Italian_Buju I think waiting a day or two would be good. If they had to deliver the baby early (which would've been necessary if her water broke), she may be dealing with grief if the baby was too early to make it. Just my opinion - give it at least one full day, if not 2. She may still be in the hospital if she had other complications, too. I am so glad you were able to be there for her when she needed it. Checking on her is a sweet, compassionate thing to do!

(My sister delivered twins at 30 weeks of pregnancy, which is very early. They both survived, but she had been in the hospital for a few weeks leading up to that, so had been given steroids to help the babies' lungs mature more quickly. I am familiar with the complications from early delivery/labor because I was very much involved with my sister's process.)

My youngest tried making his great escape starting at about 25 weeks. I seriously went in a few times for the Magnesium Sulfate/hospital stays until the contractions stopped and went home back on bed rest. I had a calendar and counted down the days that passed. They gave me the 2 doses of steroids, too. I cried every day and ALL I could think about was if he was ok. I have never been so scared in my life. I was in the hospital basically bi-weekly until he hit 37weeks2days and then the OB said "enough" and let him come.

They gave me the rundown on mortality rates at 25 weeks, 27, etc. and told me literally every day upped his odds like 1%. At 25 weeks, it was...not good. At one point, I was asked if I wanted to use the hospital chaplain or use one of my own for him for last rites. They throw so much at you, you're just in shellshock. I would give her some time bc 1) she's still in the hospital if in fact it was her water and not urine, and 2) if Heaven forbid something happened, she needs time to process it. The only thing that saved us was they think my water never broke. Had a few "leaks" but it turned out to be urine and then the last one it tested positive for amniotic fluid, but with bed rest/bed pan it stopped and they let me go until the 37 weeks.

Sorry you had to go through this but happy things turned out well for you!!!

It was the worst 12-ish weeks of my life, hands down... I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy, and the worst part is it's hard to talk to people about it. Not many people relate and I still cry and feel my blood pressure go up when I think about it. I would talk to him and rub my belly and tell him to stay in there and that I was trying so hard to keep him safe... I still sometimes feel like I let him down because I just couldn't hold out another few weeks. He has a few problems from being early and the steroids they gave me for his lungs and it tears me up that *I* did something wrong. It would've been much, much worse if he had come even earlier, though, so I try to just be grateful for that.

I totally can relate my son tried to make an early exit it and I had the steroid shots as well. He did come early but we made it to 34 weeks and he was perfectly healthy!!

I was a 35 weeks baby! I just wanted out. I still hold this attitude about most things.

I did develop pneumonia at only a couple of months old, which they think was related to my lungs not quite getting there since I'm unnaturally impatient, and they thought it might carry over into childhood/adult life, but I have zero long-term issues from them. :)

Glad you came out healthy!!! My son is also unusually impatient lol
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    @dnarules so sorry for your loss! Losing furbabies is never easy :(
  • MissKalhan
    Options
    Confession: I love a lively debate (as long as it doesn't get into angry and trolling) about the world and religions. I currently work in politics (only at the City level) and I'm a huge geopolitical nerd, I don't engage with people generally because people tend to take it as offensive. Really I just enjoy trying to see other people's point of view!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    I may start a thread and call it "If you're starving just google image 'trypophobia' - appetite gone!"

I know what I'll look at from now on if I get hungry! Phew that was nasty.
    I'm not going to. You can't make me.

omg WTF?!?!! i google imaged that! WHY?! omg why?!?!!?
    at first when i read "things with tiny holes" i was like oh, how strange, thinking of like clothes with button holes and perforated paper.
    O M G
    yeah i'm TERRIFIED of that too! you're not weird at all! that is freakish!
    i had to close the tab, omg that was traumatizing....i need a beer...

Just don't google "lotus boob."

That's going to be my halloween costume this year if I can get it together. Surefire contest winner, right? That Chili's giftcard WILL be mine!

That was the exact picture I saw years ago that gave me the willys and let me know that I have trypophobia. Disgusting! I thought about that stupid picture while trying to sleep that night. I will never google that again. :)
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Please someone find me a bed. We had a wicked thunderstorm last night that kept me up and now I am falling asleep at my desk and it's not even 9 am
  • FroggyBug
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Italian_Buju -minimum wage nationally in the U.S. is $7.25/hr. States and localities can set it higher if they like. I know, for instance, it's $15/hr in Seattle, but not all of the state of Washington.

If the minimum wage here in TN were raised to 15/hr, I would get a raise and so would most of my coworkers who do not have masters' degrees, except for the nurses. (I have a bachelors.) however, if you think bachelors degree nurses who are making $20/hr vs CNAs who make $10 or people who make $8.75 to transport patients and deliver food and clean rooms are going to stand for not getting a raise if those people do, then you don't know human nature. It's not that all nurses look down on them (some do - I don't like them); it's that they've put years into their education and training and feel that it brings the hospitals and medical practices more skill. And if the bottom gets a raise and so does everyone else to be fair, then how do we contain costs to the patient?

It's a problem, but there are no magic wand solutions.

The problem, is not what you make vs what someone else makes. The problem is that you have CEO's making 8 BILLION dollars a year, while their employees cannot afford food!

I so agree with this ^. No one needs that amount of money.

However, I also agree with the other side (please don't hate me-I really like you :) ). I have a bachelor's degree and it put me into a lot of debt. $500 a month goes to debt for my degree alone (it used to be $680 but I did pay one loan off). So, the way I see it is why did I bother going to school if I'm not going to make more than what minimum wage is going to be anyway? I would have been way better off not going at all. I'd have more money than I do now.

I will also not say anything else on this because I don't want this thread to crash. :)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So, today's lesson, if you think you've got something put away out of the toddler's reach, you haven't. Let's just say Raelynn and I will now have matching mandolin slicer scars. And I feel like a horrible person/parent now...
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    @Italian_Buju -minimum wage nationally in the U.S. is $7.25/hr. States and localities can set it higher if they like. I know, for instance, it's $15/hr in Seattle, but not all of the state of Washington.

If the minimum wage here in TN were raised to 15/hr, I would get a raise and so would most of my coworkers who do not have masters' degrees, except for the nurses. (I have a bachelors.) however, if you think bachelors degree nurses who are making $20/hr vs CNAs who make $10 or people who make $8.75 to transport patients and deliver food and clean rooms are going to stand for not getting a raise if those people do, then you don't know human nature. It's not that all nurses look down on them (some do - I don't like them); it's that they've put years into their education and training and feel that it brings the hospitals and medical practices more skill. And if the bottom gets a raise and so does everyone else to be fair, then how do we contain costs to the patient?

It's a problem, but there are no magic wand solutions.

The problem, is not what you make vs what someone else makes. The problem is that you have CEO's making 8 BILLION dollars a year, while their employees cannot afford food!

I so agree with this ^. No one needs that amount of money.

However, I also agree with the other side (please don't hate me-I really like you :) ). I have a bachelor's degree and it put me into a lot of debt. $500 a month goes to debt for my degree alone (it used to be $680 but I did pay one loan off). So, the way I see it is why did I bother going to school if I'm not going to make more than what minimum wage is going to be anyway? I would have been way better off not going at all. I'd have more money than I do now.

I will also not say anything else on this because I don't want this thread to crash. :)

But why is that the fault of the person that makes minimum wage??

I am sorry, but everyone of you that posted about this, all I can see is "I am mad that the person that makes my coffee/cleans my toilet when I stay at a hotel/makes my sandwich at subway, is able to feed their kids, pay their rent and have heat all winter" And quite frankly, it makes me sick to my stomach.

Some of those people work 40-60 hours a week, doing hard laborious jobs, and you guys do not think they work hard enough to make a living wage?

Minimum wage has gone up quite a few times in the last few years where I live, and while it does not affect me personally, I am glad the woman that makes my tea every morning on my way to work, might be able to buy something nice for her kid and still pay her phone bill in the same month. And it disgusts me that some people would rather see people like that struggle and not be able to eat every day, because they did not have the same opportunity to go to school that you did. Not everyone is born on the same playing field and gets the same chances, but everyone is human and deserves the same dignity and a living wage.

• riderfangal
    Options
    So, today's lesson, if you think you've got something put away out of the toddler's reach, you haven't. Let's just say Raelynn and I will now have matching mandolin slicer scars. And I feel like a horrible person/parent now...

Oh no. Ouch. You are not an horrible/person or parent. Toddlers are cagey beings!!
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju - what are the six kinds of cheese in your refrigerator? I currently have cottage, cream, shredded Colby-jack, mozzarella, parmesan and Kraft singles for my boys to make grilled cheese for their lunches. I ate a piece of that yesterday between my toast and scrambled egg whites for breakfast because I am tragically out of Swiss and provolone.

There are things we agree on, let's talk about those. :)

I think it was me that said I have 6 kinds of cheese - when I go to list them, it's actually more.

I have:

Canadian Cheddar
    Marble
    Laughing cow
    Cream cheese
    Cottage cheese
    A nice chunk of Parmesan
    Cheese slices for my husband
    Mozzarella
    Swiss
    Baby Bel Gouda
    Thunder Oak Gouda ( thunder oak is a local cheese farm)
    Havarti
    Armstrong herb and garlic cheese snacks ( I think they are cheddar based)

We like cheese. :)

Wow that is a lot of cheese. I don't even think I know what they all are.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Oooh, so much good stuff in your post! I like Quest bars for the protein/fiber double win, since I need high fiber.

Yep, a workout should feel like you worked at it. Sometimes I wish I had a trainer pushing me, I'm probably not working to capacity.

Both of these so much! I know I could be working harder, but I have no one pushing me or even holding me accountable, so I'm lazy. I let myself slide WAY too much. I should work harder, but I don't.