The Cleanse

Replies

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,097 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Man I missed this thread yesterday. Glad at least past if it is still around so I can catch up. Let me see if I've got this:

We have an OP who asks about benefits of a cleanse.
    People say there is no benefit, and they are expensive.
    OP gets defensive talks about the success her dog had on a thread and repeatedly proclaims that she's not wasting money because the ingredients are all readily available in her pantry.
    OP mentions Beyoncé and cuts and pastes some internet babble including a gem about formula being poisonous to babies.
    OP thinks there is a generational gap contributing to the misunderstanding.
    OP says she is a Paleontologist
    Troll is identified
    Hilarity ensues

But wait, there's more! Suddenly, from out of nowhere, a Netflix loving, White Knight shows up, proclaiming all the benefits of juicing to cure disease.

Did I miss anything?

This thread really does deliver...

You forgot about the part where we are all "haters".

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,455 Member
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    Man I missed this thread yesterday. Glad at least past if it is still around so I can catch up. Let me see if I've got this:

OP gets defensive talks about the success her dog had on a thread and repeatedly proclaims that she's not wasting money because the ingredients are all readily available in her pantry.
    OP mentions Beyoncé and cuts and pastes some internet babble including a gem about formula being poisonous to babies.
    Troll is identified
    Hilarity ensues

But wait, there's more! Suddenly, from out of nowhere, a Netflix loving, White Knight shows up, proclaiming all the benefits of juicing to cure disease.

Did I miss anything?

You forgot about the part where we are all "haters".

Insert Taylor Swift gif...

• Annie_01
    Annie_01 Posts: 3,097 Member

Troll is identified
    Hilarity ensues

Did I miss anything?

Also, it may be that the old posters here just have a different definition of cleanse than the younger, hipper OP.

I grew up in the small towns of KY...believe me...there is not any "hipper" in any of them. To be nice...because my momma taught me to be...I will just not say any more about those wide spots in the road.

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    lorenswan wrote: »
    Cleanses can help you loose weight,
    gain weight, stop caffeine addictions, fight intestinal bacterial overgrowth, identify allergies (add foods back in one at a time). Depends on the cleanse. But I didnt know people spent actual money on "buying a detox." Never heard of that.

Could you please cite the sources where you got this information?

Preferably somewhere that has creditable scientific background.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Just catch the norovirus. Cleaned me right out to the tune of 5lbs in 4 hours a couple of nights ago. I'm assuming my insides were clean as a whistle for the 24 hours I didn't eat. Tip top cleanse.
  • barbecuesauce
    barbecuesauce Posts: 1,779 Member
    Just catch the norovirus. Cleaned me right out to the tune of 5lbs in 4 hours a couple of nights ago. I'm assuming my insides were clean as a whistle for the 24 hours I didn't eat. Tip top cleanse.

I've had this cleanse I 100% vouch for it go out there and lick some doorknobs kids
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,928 Member
    Caitwn wrote: »
    And here I thought we were joking about detoxing our little canine and feline buddies.

But noooooooo.

Life Gold - Cat Detox
    Detoxify your cat from toxins, and harsh chemicals
    Support for the immune system
    Supports vital systems of detoxification
    Helps to reduce oxidative stress
    Scavenges free radicals
    Supports antioxidant function

I weep for humanity.

Though I could get a laugh out of thinking about whether anyone could actually survive trying to get the Cat Detox INTO the cat.

The only cleanses cats usually need are the deworming kind.
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Fat sick & nearly dead
    Food inc
    Supersize me
    Forks over knives
    The gerson miracle
    You guys need to stop being ignorant, food fuels our body.
    You put *kitten* into it you get *kitten* in return
    You overload your micronutrients -- it'll work wonders.
    That's why you hear of so many people ridding of their diabetes by changing the way they eat.
    And it's not a coincidence that some people who live under the same household, though not related, develop diabetes.
    Your diet is crucial to how your body functions.

So no documentaries then, mainly just infomercials and propaganda.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    edited July 2015
    WBB55 wrote: »
    In fact, scientist within GI Departments at some of our leading institutions, (Cleveland Clinic is one
    example) are now discovering diverse genetic disparities across the board with gluten intolerance, lactose intolerance, various mild allergies, inabilities to process B12 all causes by the inherited bacterial set of individual intestinal tracts. The rise of antibiotic use attributed to the rise in acid reflux in the past few decades and the need to use probiotics to no avail. In conclusion, a diet for one person may not work for another, due to their bacterial fauna in their gut. Cleanses can correct this.

No they don't. There are numerous studies that describe how difficult it is to change your gut microflora. Some people do change it but they basically have to clear it out and get a fecal transplant to add new bacteria back in.

I pray to the powers that be every day that I never have to get something called a "fecal transplant."

Can I somehow make money being a fecal donor? I mean, I'm aware they kinda lab it up a bit before the implant, but I can donate at least once a day, right?

Apparently, you can make a *kitten*-ton of money. Get started on your journey to become a professional poop donor

Holy s*it!

(pun intended) ;)
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,943 Member

Troll is identified
    Hilarity ensues

Did I miss anything?

You got it about right. :)
  • smantha32
    If the sole purpose of it is to lose
    Fat sick & nearly dead
    Food inc
    Supersize me
    Forks over knives
    The gersom miracle
    You guys need to stop being ignorant, food is fuels our body.
    That's why you hear of many people ridding of their diabetes by changing the way they eat.
    I hear you but a cleanse is still not needed. Change of some habits is needed

If the sole purpose of it is to lose weight, it is not needed. It still does provide many benefits.. It was annoying me how people say it was a waste of money and does nothing, which is absolutely NOT true. I was addressing the people who said it does nothing for you. Remember, juicing isnt made up of processed food. It is made up of natural foods juiced, so that the body may absorb more of the nutrients. And juicing allows you to eat more fruit AND vegetables than you could if it was not in a liquid state, or in a single serving

Juicing just removes all the healthy fiber from the fruits and vegetables, and you get an overload of the fructose. I don't see how that's healthier than just eating them.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    I think I'm going to do a coffee cleanse :wink:
  • smantha32
    moyer566 wrote: »
    I think I'm going to do a coffee cleanse :wink:

woo! giphy.gif
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,453 Member
    Fat sick & nearly dead
    Food inc
    Supersize me
    Forks over knives
    The gerson miracle
    That's why you hear of so many people ridding of their diabetes by changing the way they eat.
    And it's not a coincidence that some people who live under the same household, though not related, develop diabetes.
    Ignorance would be making claims when not looking at the issue as a whole. Diabetes is more genetically determined. Type II people are more prone to reduce having it by just lowering their weight. You CAN'T just overload on micronutrients. Ever hear of vitamin A poisoning?
    While a good diet is essential for better performance and health, one doesn't have to juice to or eat unprocessed to attain it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• rrruuunnn
    rrruuunnn Posts: 15 Member
    edited July 2015
    I
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    rrruuunnn wrote: »
    Im not sure if you are talking about laxative or detox or. If i have a soup with cilantro garlic hemp oil. My body fatiques and pimples It is the body detoxifying. I saw a sudden drop in weight. I gotta start again

That sounds more like an allergic reaction.
  • Ohwhynot
    Ohwhynot Posts: 356 Member
    Fat sick & nearly dead
    Food inc
    Supersize me
    Forks over knives
    The gerson miracle

Thank you for the list of movies targeting the gullible to push an agenda ... not documentaries based upon fact or science.
    <3<3<3
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Why is everyone saying "waste of money." I thought cleanses were
    just paprika, honey, lemon and water :confused:

I'll admit to only having read the first page.

But paprika, honey, lemon, and water aren't free. Well, I guess water can be, and if you happen to have a lemon tree, honeybees, and the right chili peppers with which to make paprika on your land that you didn't plant yourself, OK. As such, waste of money.
  • rrruuunnn
    rrruuunnn Posts: 15 Member
    rrruuunnn wrote: »
    Im not sure if you are talking about laxative or detox or. If i have a soup with cilantro garlic hemp oil. My body fatiques and pimples It is the body detoxifying. I saw a sudden drop in weight. I gotta start again

That sounds more like an allergic reaction.

It also sounds like detox
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    FFFFUUUUUU

Got suckered into a troll thread.