Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    For those who want to know, This is why I am mad at Sgt. Sexy Pants:

He sent me a text about how he was talking to another coworker

"She's talking about how she and her father hate the Chinese because they bombed Pearl Harbor."

I was stunned into silence. I finally responded with
    "I don't even have words..."

He said: "Are you trying to figure out how that is wrong?"

I said: "Seriously?! You think I'm THAT dumb?! The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor!"

He said: "Well now that you googled it."

All in all, not REALLY anything to be mad about but I gave him a big piece of my mind about how I have not one but TWO parents who served in the United States Armed Forces and my Grandfathers fought in WW2 so of COURSE I would know who bombed Pearl Harbor.

I bond with my father watching all kinds of war documentaries and I just can't believe he... I really just. UGH!

I can't believe he thinks so little of me and I'm wondering if I will get past it or not.

Any tips are welcome. I did send him a text saying I didn't know he thought so little of my intellect and that he really hurt my feelings. I have gotten nothing back. :disappointed:

Hugs.
    Tip (1) get some rest before you decide anything / say anything more on the subject. That gives you better perspective and clarity of thought.
    (2) Journal. Write all your crappy feelings out just to help you acknowledge them and sort through them. When I do this I challenge myself to also dig deeper and see if other things or other people are bothering me that I am channeling to whatever situation I think is bothering me. Sometimes there is. I also challenge myself and dig and figure out what I WANT from a situation. I also examine overall pattens, is this part of a pattern?
    (3) When you are not actively upset with him talk to him. The way you word it is up to you. I would probably say something along the lines of:
    What I understood from you was that you were saying / implying ______(whatever words you want to use saying that you felt he doubted your knowledge of these events). Ask him if that is what he meant. Listen to what he says and how he says it. Follow up questions so that you understand where he is coming from. Once you have some answers take more time to sort through his answers and examine yourself. Was there a misunderstanding? Do the answers you got from him satisfy you? Are you being treated the way you need to be treated? Respected? Etc. Do this examining by yourself and in your own time and then decide the next actions.

Hugs!!

I love this advice!

I know I get emotionally fragile/touchy/oversensitive when I'm sleep-deprived. However, knowing that doesn't stop me from getting all butt-hurt about things that would just wash over me any other time.

(I'm not American, but even I know the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour... I'm pretty sure that was covered in middle school history, lol.)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    I couldn't quote all the comments, but thank you all so much! ❤️

We're doing some clothes shopping today, someone's outgrown most of her clothes lol.
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    So, I finally heard back about "first steps" today. Apparently, it is through a daycare, and only for 4K, they do have a 2 and 3K, but you have to enroll them in daycare, whereas the 4K you have the option to not send them to daycare and just do the half day class.

Since we can't afford a daycare, we looked over our finances again and talked things over, and I re-enrolled Raelynn back in the private church preschool she was in for 2K last year.

The director there was more than happy to have her come back, and will actually be teaching Raelynn's class this year, so she will be familiar with someone already and it may be an easier transition. I feel stupid now for pulling her out to begin with, but I was going off the doctor's recommendation, and she wanted to get the district involved in some way or another.

The good thing is, the district sends out speech therapists to the 3 and 4K classes to screen for any issues, so she would still be evaluated and if she qualifies for help, could also get OT through the district.

Another good thing, there was a guy quit at hubby's job recently, and they gave hubby an additional part of his route permanently. This means his route goes up roughly $1000 or so in production which equals to a few hundred dollars more on his commission each month, so we will be able to afford her tuition this year! I'm not overly religious by any means, but when I say I believe God makes a way for things to happen, I mean it!

I've spent these past few months and weeks so ridiculously stressed out and worried about everything. Between everything with Raelynn, our financial situation, and some other personal issues, I've been stretched so far thin it blows my mind. Hopefully now, I can breathe and shift a little of my focus to getting ready for tax school in 2 months (I have to go to a 10 week class each year to keep my job and certification) and get back to trying to get fit/healthier/lose weight. I know things are still going to be a bit rough and Raelynn isn't totally "out of the woods" as they say, but I'm finally feeling like I can somewhat breathe again, which is wonderful.

I really appreciate all the kind words and well wishes, you've kept me going and motivated countless times! I'll definitely keep you all updated as things go along and with Raelynn's progress! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

This is all very good news! Having a plan in place after exploring your options is probably such a relief!! You are an excellent mom - and now, hopefully, you will get a little break from the overwhelming worry you've been experiencing and be able to have some down time. Definitely keep us posted on everything! We are cheering for your family!!!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I'm back from vacation (will try to post a couple of pictures later) but just wanted to say Hi! There's no way I can catch up, so I'm just going to jump right back in there.

It's great to see some old faces back on the thread!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    So, I finally heard back about "first steps" today. Apparently, it is through a daycare, and only for 4K, they do have a 2 and 3K, but you have to enroll them in daycare, whereas the 4K you have the option to not send them to daycare and just do the half day class.

Since we can't afford a daycare, we looked over our finances again and talked things over, and I re-enrolled Raelynn back in the private church preschool she was in for 2K last year.

The director there was more than happy to have her come back, and will actually be teaching Raelynn's class this year, so she will be familiar with someone already and it may be an easier transition. I feel stupid now for pulling her out to begin with, but I was going off the doctor's recommendation, and she wanted to get the district involved in some way or another.

The good thing is, the district sends out speech therapists to the 3 and 4K classes to screen for any issues, so she would still be evaluated and if she qualifies for help, could also get OT through the district.

Another good thing, there was a guy quit at hubby's job recently, and they gave hubby an additional part of his route permanently. This means his route goes up roughly $1000 or so in production which equals to a few hundred dollars more on his commission each month, so we will be able to afford her tuition this year! I'm not overly religious by any means, but when I say I believe God makes a way for things to happen, I mean it!

I've spent these past few months and weeks so ridiculously stressed out and worried about everything. Between everything with Raelynn, our financial situation, and some other personal issues, I've been stretched so far thin it blows my mind. Hopefully now, I can breathe and shift a little of my focus to getting ready for tax school in 2 months (I have to go to a 10 week class each year to keep my job and certification) and get back to trying to get fit/healthier/lose weight. I know things are still going to be a bit rough and Raelynn isn't totally "out of the woods" as they say, but I'm finally feeling like I can somewhat breathe again, which is wonderful.

I really appreciate all the kind words and well wishes, you've kept me going and motivated countless times! I'll definitely keep you all updated as things go along and with Raelynn's progress! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

This is all very good news! Having a plan in place after exploring your options is probably such a relief!! You are an excellent mom - and now, hopefully, you will get a little break from the overwhelming worry you've been experiencing and be able to have some down time. Definitely keep us posted on everything! We are cheering for your family!!!
    Yes, indeed we are!
  • char316
    char316 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I cannot seem to keep any weight off. I refuse to give up, but am definitely have a motivation problem. Am back up---again :(
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options

"She's talking about how she and her father hate the Chinese because they bombed Pearl Harbor."

I said: "Seriously?! You think I'm THAT dumb?! The Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor!"

All in all, not REALLY anything to be mad about but I gave him a big piece of my mind about how I have not one but TWO parents who served in the United States Armed Forces and my Grandfathers fought in WW2 so of COURSE I would know who bombed Pearl Harbor.

I bond with my father watching all kinds of war documentaries and I just can't believe he... I really just. UGH!

I can't believe he thinks so little of me and I'm wondering if I will get past it or not.

Any tips are welcome. I did send him a text saying I didn't know he thought so little of my intellect and that he really hurt my feelings. I have gotten nothing back. :disappointed:

Hugs.
    Tip (1) get some rest before you decide anything / say anything more on the subject. That gives you better perspective and clarity of thought.
    (2) Journal. Write all your crappy feelings out just to help you acknowledge them and sort through them. When I do this I challenge myself to also dig deeper and see if other things or other people are bothering me that I am channeling to whatever situation I think is bothering me. Sometimes there is. I also challenge myself and dig and figure out what I WANT from a situation. I also examine overall pattens, is this part of a pattern?
    (3) When you are not actively upset with him talk to him. The way you word it is up to you. I would probably say something along the lines of:
    What I understood from you was that you were saying / implying ______(whatever words you want to use saying that you felt he doubted your knowledge of these events). Ask him if that is what he meant. Listen to what he says and how he says it. Follow up questions so that you understand where he is coming from. Once you have some answers take more time to sort through his answers and examine yourself. Was there a misunderstanding? Do the answers you got from him satisfy you? Are you being treated the way you need to be treated? Respected? Etc. Do this examining by yourself and in your own time and then decide the next actions.

Hugs!!

I agree 100% with @nonoelmo ! Also, I'd be upset about it too, so I don't think your hurt is an overreaction by any means. Everything @nonoelmo said is spot on, though. Hugs!!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Finally got caught up. Sad to say for the next couple months reading this thread at work is going to be next to impossible.

@raelynnsmama52512 glad things are turning around for you. Hugs

@kelly_c_77 weekends are hard for me too. Snacky Snacky Snacky. Actually who am I kidding my whole week has been that way. Not expecting to see a loss on the scale Monday morning

@orangesmarties love those pictures a lot!

@FroggyBug fingers crossed that your sessions help you and your SO

@nonoelmo your airport story made me chuckle this morning

@lilaclovebird I am sure SSP didn't mean to hurt your feelings. Get some sleep and things will look brighter. Hugs
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options

So, this strikes me as him teasing without realizing that you are dead tired and can't take it. If I mentioned it again, which I probably wouldn't if he didn't, ask him to choose his teasing times better. No one socializes well after 14 straight days of work and those we love often take the worst of it.

But I know where you're coming from because my family has military roots back to at least the Civil War. That brother against brother thing totally happened in my family. Some kid in my high school said to me, "your mother wears combat boots." my brother rolled laughing when I said, "She did and they fit me. If you have a problem with it, I can wear them tomorrow to kick your (tush) or I can just do it now, whichever." (curse word changed for the thread) My dad is a Korean and Vietnam Wars vet and has a bronze star with valor. He won't talk about why. He is disabled because of Agent Orange. My mom has a brother on Utah beach on one on Omaha beach. My 2nd & 3rd brothers are decorated combat veterans. My second son is in Jr. ROTC will join the Air Force after school. It's not a subject I would easily be teased about either. The blood, sweat and tears of OUR families water the Tree of Liberty and I am proud of that because someone has to do it. Thank your parents for me.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

ETA: Yay me, I can follow directions!

That's awesome! Did you admit it was box?
    Yes! I owned it! Thursday night is my regular girls' bike group ride. I knew I would be pretty late getting home and didn't want to take the time to make one from scratch. I usually at least make frosting from scratch, but didn't even bother this time. Apparently, there are plenty of people here who can't even make a decent cake using box mix. :neutral:

Nice!
    Man, I bet frosting from scratch is AMAZING!

Oh, it is. And super easy, too--I HATE frosting in a can, ever since I tasted frosting from scratch. You just can't go back!

I'd love to hate frosting in a can.

I polished off the leftover tub in one night.

When I bought the brownie ingredients, I also grabbed a tub of frosting just in case I needed to jazz them up. I ate about a quarter of it (with a spoon, @Italian_Buju just in case you were wondering) while waiting for the brownies to cool enough to sample.

Once I'd decided the brownies didn't need frosting, I then ate some more frosting out of the tub.

Clearly, I need to make frosting from scratch so I can break this nasty habit.

:s
    Just frosting on a spoon? I think that would be yucky!

Apparently not....

Definitely not... buttercream on a spoon is the best.... well, maybe peanut butter buttercream is better.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    Options

Hugs.

Hugs!!

I love this advice!

I know I get emotionally fragile/touchy/oversensitive when I'm sleep-deprived. However, knowing that doesn't stop me from getting all butt-hurt about things that would just wash over me any other time.

(I'm not American, but even I know the Japanese bombed Pearl Harbour... I'm pretty sure that was covered in middle school history, lol.)

Agreed, this is better advice than mine, but I still think he was teasing.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

ETA: Yay me, I can follow directions!

That's awesome! Did you admit it was box?
    Yes! I owned it! Thursday night is my regular girls' bike group ride. I knew I would be pretty late getting home and didn't want to take the time to make one from scratch. I usually at least make frosting from scratch, but didn't even bother this time. Apparently, there are plenty of people here who can't even make a decent cake using box mix. :neutral:

Nice!
    Man, I bet frosting from scratch is AMAZING!

Oh, it is. And super easy, too--I HATE frosting in a can, ever since I tasted frosting from scratch. You just can't go back!

I'd love to hate frosting in a can.

I polished off the leftover tub in one night.

When I bought the brownie ingredients, I also grabbed a tub of frosting just in case I needed to jazz them up. I ate about a quarter of it (with a spoon, @Italian_Buju just in case you were wondering) while waiting for the brownies to cool enough to sample.

Once I'd decided the brownies didn't need frosting, I then ate some more frosting out of the tub.

Clearly, I need to make frosting from scratch so I can break this nasty habit.

:s
    Just frosting on a spoon? I think that would be yucky!

Apparently not....

Definitely not... buttercream on a spoon is the best.... well, maybe peanut butter buttercream is better.
    I guess it's just me then! LOL
    I have a hard time eating anything like that straight without something to cut the richness. Even peanut butter, I love it, but could never just eat it out of the jar without crackers or an apple or something!

I have to pair most foods. I have a hard time eating meat, without salad or bread to cut it with (sometimes potato but usually not). I cannot eat eggs without toast or potatoes. Actually, I can now eat scrambled eggs cut with only Canadian bacon, but that took a while to get use to. And, I mean to have those foods in the same bite, not just with the same meal.

• kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Finally got caught up. Sad to say for the next couple months reading this thread at work is going to be next to impossible.

@orangesmarties love those pictures a lot!

Glad you caught up!
    I just wanted to point out that the orangesmarties person you mentioned is not the person from this thread. She is orangemsartie with no "s"....just for future mentioning. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Okay, I deleted my last post, but I'm going to reword it here, it's regarding the DLB comments.

It bothers me that people are being encouraged to be more body positive, and not body shame people who are overweight, but people who are super fit are still picked apart. I get that not everyone wants to look like that, I don't want to look like that either, but I don't think it's right to say she looks manly or scary. It's still body shaming. Just because she's muscular/fit doesn't make it okay. People wouldn't post things like that about an obese person, or they'd be torn apart!

I hope that makes sense. I know it's judgment free and I think you are all super great, but I just had to put my $0.02 in.

I fully agree with this. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    The way I want my body to look changes pretty much from day to day. Sometimes I want to look softer and I think the weight I'm at now is fine if I could just rearrange fat in some places and put it elsewhere. Sometimes I want to be much more slim, but still soft. Sometimes I want to look like superwoman and have super toned and muscled arms (not as muscled as that woman posted, but still awesome). I feel like I am never truly happy with my body.

I find women of all different body types beautiful :tongue:

I find women of all body types beautiful... Except me! ;)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Ok. Here is what I have made so far. Brownies! The empty spaces are where I ran out of batter.

Is there actually a picture here? Because I can't see anything... :o
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I think you are beautiful @Susieq_1994
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 Sounds like things might finally be coming together for you. All the best to you and your Little! I hope she gets everything she needs. <3
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

:) I have the opposite problem. My feet aren't overly huge (I wear an 8.5), but my hands are. Like, ENORMOUS. And now that I've lost weight and have tiny wrists, they look even bigger, like I've attached catchers' mitts to the ends of my arms. On the plus side, if I ever learn how to play the piano, I can probably span an octave and a half or maybe even two!

I haven't seen you around in a while! :) Glad to see you pop up. :smiley:
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Ok. Here is what I have made so far. Brownies! The empty spaces are where I ran out of batter.

Is there actually a picture here? Because I can't see anything... :o

I was confused by this too!
    And also, you are beautiful and crazy if you don't see it! :(