Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    jthurman3 wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Random things I hope to do one day:

1) Kick down a door. Don't know why, it just looks fun. But based on how attempting to kick a fence board down went, I don't think I'll be very good at kicking in doors.

2) Flip a table when I'm mad. Preferably someone else's table, with their stuff on it.

Ooo I've always wanted to do #1 too!!! You're hilarious! :p

My friend emailed me to say she was going to have to cancel a workout, so I sent her this:

pplb7gu3pyx7.jpg

And it made me think of it.

this made me laugh-snort at work. Blowing my cover, @ShibaEars ... it's either you or @MoHousdon getting me in trouble with snickering while I'm s'posed to be doing serious bidness.

Same here those two crack me up!
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    So I've been getting a lot of ice cream lately. First up was Pralines and Cream, which was delicious. Then I got Cookies and Cream, which was also very delicious. Now I'm eating S'mores... disappointing! I prefer a vanilla base over a chocolate one when it comes to ice cream. This got sickening real fast.

... I still want to make those brownies, though. I have the ingredients, and I don't need any flour to make the black bean ones ;)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Ok. Here is what I have made so far. Brownies! The empty spaces are where I ran out of batter.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @FroggyBug, I know it's still a few weeks away..but good luck with the counseling session!!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »

I love it too... and my question is, what the heck kind of bra do you wear with it?

When I wore this Saturday, I wore a beige strapless bra with it and I was fine. You could also wear one of those bandeau things that are super popular right now.

I wish I could. I don't have a huge chest by any means but these aren't supportive and I'd really like to try as hard as I can to prevent what I do have from sagging to my toes :s

Glad I'm not the only one!

They do work - I have one that kind of works, even, and I've got a very big chest. They're not great for lift or support, obviously, but they do shape and cover.

Have you tried a longline strapless? I have one from Freya that's got just a couple inches of "band" under the cup and it stays up like nobody's business with that extra fabric. Plus it looks cute, even.

I have a longline strapless... it's ancient, which means it's hardly worn... which probably means it didn't work terrifically well. But it is also low-back, so it's probably trying to fill too many needs at once. I may have to dig it out and try it.
    I have the sliding issue with the bandeaus I have, but the bra stayed put. It is one I bought for my brother's wedding 5 years ago that has the non-slide gel-like stuff that some of the no slip headbands have.

What are the backless stick-on bras? Don't think I've seen one before.

Come to think of it, all of my strapless bras are from the days when I wore a too-large band (when I followed the "add 5 inches" guideline) so that might be half the problem.

Backless bra: 397663_unbra.jpg

edit to close parentheses, because that sort of thing keeps me up at night

How does that even stay up?!

Incomplete parentheses would haunt me too.

It's sticky on the inside, and after you wear it you rinse it carefully and leave it flat to dry and it gets sticky again. And like I mentioned, they're good for shape and coverage but obviously don't do anything lift-wise, really.

I'm glad the brownies worked out for you, @ythannah, and you don't think they taste like beans ;) My husband likes them more than real brownies because of the way the sweetness is cut back by the beans.

I'll have to try these brownies since I have around 3 cans of black beans.

Other than the black beans & brownie mix did you guys mix anything else in?

Not much of a baker here.

When I made the Chickpea Hummus Dough it was pretty good & I couldn't tell it was made with beans.

This has probably been answered already but the only other ingredient is water.

My instructions were to rinse the beans and the can thoroughly, drain the beans, then return the beans to the can and fill it with water. That was the mixture that got pureed. Into purple soup that smelled like cat food.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

I love it too... and my question is, what the heck kind of bra do you wear with it?

When I wore this Saturday, I wore a beige strapless bra with it and I was fine. You could also wear one of those bandeau things that are super popular right now.

I wish I could. I don't have a huge chest by any means but these aren't supportive and I'd really like to try as hard as I can to prevent what I do have from sagging to my toes :s

Glad I'm not the only one!

They do work - I have one that kind of works, even, and I've got a very big chest. They're not great for lift or support, obviously, but they do shape and cover.

Have you tried a longline strapless? I have one from Freya that's got just a couple inches of "band" under the cup and it stays up like nobody's business with that extra fabric. Plus it looks cute, even.

I have a longline strapless... it's ancient, which means it's hardly worn... which probably means it didn't work terrifically well. But it is also low-back, so it's probably trying to fill too many needs at once. I may have to dig it out and try it.
    I have the sliding issue with the bandeaus I have, but the bra stayed put. It is one I bought for my brother's wedding 5 years ago that has the non-slide gel-like stuff that some of the no slip headbands have.

What are the backless stick-on bras? Don't think I've seen one before.

Come to think of it, all of my strapless bras are from the days when I wore a too-large band (when I followed the "add 5 inches" guideline) so that might be half the problem.

Backless bra: 397663_unbra.jpg

edit to close parentheses, because that sort of thing keeps me up at night

How does that even stay up?!

Incomplete parentheses would haunt me too.

It's sticky on the inside, and after you wear it you rinse it carefully and leave it flat to dry and it gets sticky again. And like I mentioned, they're good for shape and coverage but obviously don't do anything lift-wise, really.

I'm glad the brownies worked out for you, @ythannah, and you don't think they taste like beans ;) My husband likes them more than real brownies because of the way the sweetness is cut back by the beans.

I'll have to try these brownies since I have around 3 cans of black beans.

Other than the black beans & brownie mix did you guys mix anything else in?

Not much of a baker here.

When I made the Chickpea Hummus Dough it was pretty good & I couldn't tell it was made with beans.

This has probably been answered already but the only other ingredient is water.

My instructions were to rinse the beans and the can thoroughly, drain the beans, then return the beans to the can and fill it with water. That was the mixture that got pureed. Into purple soup that smelled like cat food.

Yep, this is the simplest way to get the right consistency. No eggs, no oil, just the dry mix and puréed bean/water mixture.
  • ythannah
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

ETA: Yay me, I can follow directions!

German Choc cake is the one I'm the most tempted to do this with. I never make anything out of a box (My kitchen would have to be on fire first lol) but German Choc Cake from scratch tastes almost exactly like a box mix. If anything, scratch made is less sweet and mild chocolate flavor. The cake is a cinch to make, but the frosting is a PITA. Making the caramel base and throwing in the pecans and stirring til your arms hate you on extremely low heat drives me nuts... My mom asks for a GC Cake every year for her birthday and I do it but every year I swear I'm substituting Duncan Hines...Then no matter how cold/cooled off the cake is, even if you do a crumb coat, frosting it is HARD.

This is the mix I used:

It is delicious! It has a separate packet of coconut pecan mix to add in before baking. It is super moist! I baked it in a 9 x 13 pan and frosted it with whatever brand of coconut pecan frosting I grabbed first. (Betty Crocker, I think?)
    Edit: because spelling is hard.

Would I be driven out of the thread if I admitted that I'd most likely HATE German Chocolate cake? I hate nuts in everything (they can only be eaten alone, unless we're talking nut butter), and I really hate coconut in desserts--and in everything else. I can only eat it plain and fresh.
    German chocolate cake has a special place in my heart. My dad used to buy one for everyone on their birthday, thinking it was our favorite cake. The truth is it wasn't the favorite cake of any of us... except for my dad. I think he convinced himself everyone loved it as much as him. Now it always makes me think about him <3

I also do like German chocolate cake, and I'm not a big cake person. I love coconut!

Apparently I loved licorice allsorts as a kid. I have no independent recollection of this.

My father buys me a HUGE tin of them every Christmas as a result.

I don't much care for them any more. Next tin is going to the office for the vultures to devour.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

German Choc cake is the one I'm the most tempted to do this with. I never make anything out of a box (My kitchen would have to be on fire first lol) but German Choc Cake from scratch tastes almost exactly like a box mix. If anything, scratch made is less sweet and mild chocolate flavor. The cake is a cinch to make, but the frosting is a PITA. Making the caramel base and throwing in the pecans and stirring til your arms hate you on extremely low heat drives me nuts... My mom asks for a GC Cake every year for her birthday and I do it but every year I swear I'm substituting Duncan Hines...Then no matter how cold/cooled off the cake is, even if you do a crumb coat, frosting it is HARD.

This is the mix I used:

It is delicious! It has a separate packet of coconut pecan mix to add in before baking. It is super moist! I baked it in a 9 x 13 pan and frosted it with whatever brand of coconut pecan frosting I grabbed first. (Betty Crocker, I think?)

Would I be driven out of the thread if I admitted that I'd most likely HATE German Chocolate cake? I hate nuts in everything (they can only be eaten alone, unless we're talking nut butter), and I really hate coconut in desserts--and in everything else. I can only eat it plain and fresh.
    German chocolate cake has a special place in my heart. My dad used to buy one for everyone on their birthday, thinking it was our favorite cake. The truth is it wasn't the favorite cake of any of us... except for my dad. I think he convinced himself everyone loved it as much as him. Now it always makes me think about him <3

I also do like German chocolate cake, and I'm not a big cake person. I love coconut!

Apparently I loved licorice allsorts as a kid. I have no independent recollection of this.

I don't much care for them any more. Next tin is going to the office for the vultures to devour.
    :lol: Gotta love dads.

I am one of the only people I know who actually likes licorice. I'm not really a fan of licorice flavored jelly beans, but I like licorice allsorts. I'd take em off your hands!
  • ythannah
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Okay, I deleted my last post, but I'm going to reword it here, it's regarding the DLB comments.

It bothers me that people are being encouraged to be more body positive, and not body shame people who are overweight, but people who are super fit are still picked apart. I get it, I don't want to look like DLB either, but I don't think it's right to say she looks manly or scary. It's still body shaming. Just because she's muscular/fit doesn't make it okay. People wouldn't post things like that about an obese person, or they'd be torn apart!

I hope that makes sense. I know it's judgment free and I think you are all super great, but I just had to put my $0.02 in.

I wondered what your 'deleted' meant. Good point. I don't care for that look. I don't care for the anorexic look either. Both are too extreme. But totally get your point. And won't do it again and luckily, its within the hour, so I'll go delete it! :)

That's totally fine. Everyone's "ideal" varies of course. :smile:

It may have been mentioned already way back, but there's a double standard on body acceptance. You (general you) can't put down or say anything bad about an overweight person, but skinny people are told to "eat a hamburger" or accused of being anorexic when they're not. For some reason it's more acceptable to make remarks to a skinny person. I'm not sure why. I can only imagine the types of comments women like DLB must get, and while they might be used to it, I know I wouldn't want to hear unnecessary negative comments about my body.

ETA: Now I'm stressed about these posts. I am not trying to stir anything up so I hope nobody takes offence to me stating my opinion.

I've heard it all my life, from my mother's "Men like women better who are pleasingly plump" to my coworker's "You look too skinny to live" to another coworker's "So.... *kitten* happens to skinny people too, eh?" when she overheard me talking to someone else about my lymphedema, like it was a trade-off for not being overweight.

I don't care for that DLB woman's body either... not sure how much of the look can be attributed to prepping and flexing and posing and possibly even a little graphic enhancement, however... but I don't have a hope of ever achieving that physique either, it's just not in my genes. Maybe if it was remotely possible I'd try for it, who knows? Everyone's goals and ideals are different.

This is more like what I can realistically aim for:

VRrq1GV.jpg
  • ythannah
    Options

This is the mix I used:

I am one of the only people I know who actually likes licorice. I'm not really a fan of licorice flavored jelly beans, but I like licorice allsorts. I'd take em off your hands!

That's mighty kind of you to offer... watch for a 2 lb tin of them coming your way in January!
    ... I still want to make those brownies, though. I have the ingredients, and I don't need any flour to make the black bean ones ;)

Makethebrowniesmakethebrowniesmakethebrownies!!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I successfully avoided the Cheetos!! Ahh, proud of me, now I can have the beer I wanted tonight :)

Happy weekend confessors!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

That's awesome! Did you admit it was box?
    Yes! I owned it! Thursday night is my regular girls' bike group ride. I knew I would be pretty late getting home and didn't want to take the time to make one from scratch. I usually at least make frosting from scratch, but didn't even bother this time. Apparently, there are plenty of people here who can't even make a decent cake using box mix. :neutral:

Nice!
    Man, I bet frosting from scratch is AMAZING!

I make the best buttercream frosting in various different flavors. It makes any cake delicious! (I could eat it straight without the cake!)

ETA: Who am I kidding, I do eat it straight without the cake. I always leave more in the bowl than should be, so I can have more!

Would you please send a from scratch cake over to Ohio? I'm one of those even if it's a box mix cake it turns out yuck!

I'll take some icing!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

That's awesome! Did you admit it was box?
    Yes! I owned it! Thursday night is my regular girls' bike group ride. I knew I would be pretty late getting home and didn't want to take the time to make one from scratch. I usually at least make frosting from scratch, but didn't even bother this time. Apparently, there are plenty of people here who can't even make a decent cake using box mix. :neutral:

Nice!
    Man, I bet frosting from scratch is AMAZING!

It's easy to make. Butter, confectioner's sugar, cream (just a bit), dash salt, dash vanilla or cocoa powder depending on flavor. Takes just a few minutes and OMG is it worth the effort.

That's for buttercream and if you whip it longer/sub heavyweight whipping cream for the cream it gets super fluffy... More butter, it gets fudgier...

Omgggg, don't tell me this!!!!

Kelly, IKR? If I make any dessert I'll either try the black bean brownies or make a dessert dip from the recipes I pinned.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options

This is the mix I used:

That's mighty kind of you to offer... watch for a 2 lb tin of them coming your way in January!

Makethebrowniesmakethebrowniesmakethebrownies!!

Well, I AM a people pleaser ;)

They're in the oven right now! Excited to try these babies.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »

Wow, I can't believe you just said you wish you could draw better...I think that is amazing. :) I love it! You are talented.

I'm not sure how to get this comment out of the quote so I'll just bold it. haha
    Thank you, that's very kind!! :smiley: I enjoy drawing/doodling but I never really worked that hard at being good at it. If I were to try to draw The Joker from memory it would probably end up look ridiculous :lol:

Also... these black bean brownies are sounding so delicious. I usually buy black beans every week anyway because I find them useful to have around and I love them. I'm thinking brownies tonight! ... But that means buying more flour... which means I will probably make three pans of brownies in the next week. Oops.

You sound a bit like me. :) I'm not too awful at reproducing simple drawings if I have them right in front of me to copy, but otherwise I'm a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad artist. :p

They do, don't they? I want to make them too, but I know that it's a terrible idea... I don't have to worry too much, though--my husband won't let me get near any baking ingredients in the supermarket, as per my request to help me stay on target. :D

I'm so awful at drawing I can't even make a stick person look good.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Two doughnuts for breakfast, a pint of blackberries and a greek yogurt for lunch to try and off-set the two doughnuts. I feel a little sick...

That sounds like me on Monday. I ate a whole carton of ice cream & I'm blaming my PMS! Well let's fast forward to Thursday & I confess I had horrible gas & bad bowel movements. Maybe that'll teach me to stop binging on ice cream? Doubtful.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited August 2015
    Options
    So, since everyone was sharing little gems today for page 1400 (which I missed), here's my deep and wisdomful contribution:
    bhe9nns98vq6.jpg

990b5156b155565fe9c4dd3423fda93f.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Random things I hope to do one day:

1) Kick down a door. Don't know why, it just looks fun. But based on how attempting to kick a fence board down went, I don't think I'll be very good at kicking in doors.

2) Flip a table when I'm mad. Preferably someone else's table, with their stuff on it.

I always thought it would be fun to be invisible for a day.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    So I made the brownies... and I didn't wait for them to cool completely before eating one. The texture is slightly weird, but I expected that due to the recipe I used requiring THREE EGGS. They feel kind of heavy but they are pretty good. I wouldn't have known they were made with black beans if I wasn't the one to make them. One was enough for me... I put in more chocolate than the recipe required and I am all chocolated out for tonight. Had to have a glass of milk. Going to wait for them to cool more before eating another, but they're pretty good! And they have A LOT more protein than my normal brownies.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So, I finally heard back about "first steps" today. Apparently, it is through a daycare, and only for 4K, they do have a 2 and 3K, but you have to enroll them in daycare, whereas the 4K you have the option to not send them to daycare and just do the half day class.

Since we can't afford a daycare, we looked over our finances again and talked things over, and I re-enrolled Raelynn back in the private church preschool she was in for 2K last year.

The director there was more than happy to have her come back, and will actually be teaching Raelynn's class this year, so she will be familiar with someone already and it may be an easier transition. I feel stupid now for pulling her out to begin with, but I was going off the doctor's recommendation, and she wanted to get the district involved in some way or another.

The good thing is, the district sends out speech therapists to the 3 and 4K classes to screen for any issues, so she would still be evaluated and if she qualifies for help, could also get OT through the district.

Another good thing, there was a guy quit at hubby's job recently, and they gave hubby an additional part of his route permanently. This means his route goes up roughly $1000 or so in production which equals to a few hundred dollars more on his commission each month, so we will be able to afford her tuition this year! I'm not overly religious by any means, but when I say I believe God makes a way for things to happen, I mean it!

I've spent these past few months and weeks so ridiculously stressed out and worried about everything. Between everything with Raelynn, our financial situation, and some other personal issues, I've been stretched so far thin it blows my mind. Hopefully now, I can breathe and shift a little of my focus to getting ready for tax school in 2 months (I have to go to a 10 week class each year to keep my job and certification) and get back to trying to get fit/healthier/lose weight. I know things are still going to be a bit rough and Raelynn isn't totally "out of the woods" as they say, but I'm finally feeling like I can somewhat breathe again, which is wonderful.

I really appreciate all the kind words and well wishes, you've kept me going and motivated countless times! I'll definitely keep you all updated as things go along and with Raelynn's progress! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️