Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Okay to all my British pals- asked the SO what marmite is ( I didn't want to tell him y'all had already told me as he likes explaining those kinds of things to me :)) his reponse- "Eugh marmite is some disgusting vegetable spread. It's slogan is you either love it or hit it which tells you a lot!" I cracked up as this was the same response from a lot of you!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    @crosbylee that is wonderful!

Speaking of good things, I'm currently celebrating a mini win with Raelynn! She's been talking about going to the water park all weekend, so I took her today, and she had a ball! I was worried because it was crowded and she's on the leery side when it comes to water, but she enjoyed every minute of it! No, I didn't get pictures since I was taking every bit of today in, but believe me, this mama has been smiling all day! :smiley:

Sounds like a fun day!!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    bkhamill wrote: »
    No time to read and catch up right now, but here are some pics of the new grandbaby, Lily Kay!hbbetwvo8su1.jpg
    p62qbks28dkf.jpg

She's beautiful!! And looks older than a newborn. Congrats to you and your family!!
  • jthurman3
    jthurman3 Posts: 2,121 Member
    Options
    Speaking of bad endings... Dexter, anyone? The whole show was pretty bad (my boyfriend and I watched it pretty much just so we could laugh at it), in my opinion, but the ending was just HILARIOUS. I don't know what they were thinking.

EDIT: Breaking Bad was always amazing and ended amazing!
    EDIT 2: Seasons 1-4 (or 3?) of Dexter weren't nearly as bad as the last few seasons. I just hated the main character because he was dull and boring. Deb was my favorite.

Dexter started well, but it was terrible for the last few series.

I'm currently binge watching castle and criminal minds. Not seen breaking bad, am really not that interested but everyone always says it's so good. Same goes for game of thrones.

ETA: lost had the most disappointing ending ever. And how I met your mother needed 2 fewer seasons.

Is Castle on Netflix?

I LOVE Castle. The first four or 5 seasons are really good. Then it kind of went "meh" for awhile, but I think it turned around a little this last season. It's on Hulu Plus, I think?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Speaking of good things, I'm currently celebrating a mini win with Raelynn! She's been talking about going to the water park all weekend, so I took her today, and she had a ball! I was worried because it was crowded and she's on the leery side when it comes to water, but she enjoyed every minute of it! No, I didn't get pictures since I was taking every bit of today in, but believe me, this mama has been smiling all day! :smiley:

@raelynnsmama52512 glad to hear that you guys had a great time.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    ythannah wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

ETA: Yay me, I can follow directions!

German Choc cake is the one I'm the most tempted to do this with. I never make anything out of a box (My kitchen would have to be on fire first lol) but German Choc Cake from scratch tastes almost exactly like a box mix. If anything, scratch made is less sweet and mild chocolate flavor. The cake is a cinch to make, but the frosting is a PITA. Making the caramel base and throwing in the pecans and stirring til your arms hate you on extremely low heat drives me nuts... My mom asks for a GC Cake every year for her birthday and I do it but every year I swear I'm substituting Duncan Hines...Then no matter how cold/cooled off the cake is, even if you do a crumb coat, frosting it is HARD.

This is the mix I used:

It is delicious! It has a separate packet of coconut pecan mix to add in before baking. It is super moist! I baked it in a 9 x 13 pan and frosted it with whatever brand of coconut pecan frosting I grabbed first. (Betty Crocker, I think?)
    Edit: because spelling is hard.

Would I be driven out of the thread if I admitted that I'd most likely HATE German Chocolate cake? I hate nuts in everything (they can only be eaten alone, unless we're talking nut butter), and I really hate coconut in desserts--and in everything else. I can only eat it plain and fresh.
    German chocolate cake has a special place in my heart. My dad used to buy one for everyone on their birthday, thinking it was our favorite cake. The truth is it wasn't the favorite cake of any of us... except for my dad. I think he convinced himself everyone loved it as much as him. Now it always makes me think about him <3

I also do like German chocolate cake, and I'm not a big cake person. I love coconut!

Apparently I loved licorice allsorts as a kid. I have no independent recollection of this.

My father buys me a HUGE tin of them every Christmas as a result.

I don't much care for them any more. Next tin is going to the office for the vultures to devour.

I have zero clue what this is.

3446158757_bcb3cf754e.jpg
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I am known at work for making really good cakes, usually from scratch. Today one of the guys is leaving to take a job out of state, so they asked me to make him a German chocolate cake. I made it- box mix, can of frosting. Everyone is raving about how good it is. I don't know whether I should be flattered or disappointed.

German Choc cake is the one I'm the most tempted to do this with. I never make anything out of a box (My kitchen would have to be on fire first lol) but German Choc Cake from scratch tastes almost exactly like a box mix. If anything, scratch made is less sweet and mild chocolate flavor. The cake is a cinch to make, but the frosting is a PITA. Making the caramel base and throwing in the pecans and stirring til your arms hate you on extremely low heat drives me nuts... My mom asks for a GC Cake every year for her birthday and I do it but every year I swear I'm substituting Duncan Hines...Then no matter how cold/cooled off the cake is, even if you do a crumb coat, frosting it is HARD.

This is the mix I used:

It is delicious! It has a separate packet of coconut pecan mix to add in before baking. It is super moist! I baked it in a 9 x 13 pan and frosted it with whatever brand of coconut pecan frosting I grabbed first. (Betty Crocker, I think?)

Would I be driven out of the thread if I admitted that I'd most likely HATE German Chocolate cake? I hate nuts in everything (they can only be eaten alone, unless we're talking nut butter), and I really hate coconut in desserts--and in everything else. I can only eat it plain and fresh.
    German chocolate cake has a special place in my heart. My dad used to buy one for everyone on their birthday, thinking it was our favorite cake. The truth is it wasn't the favorite cake of any of us... except for my dad. I think he convinced himself everyone loved it as much as him. Now it always makes me think about him <3

I also do like German chocolate cake, and I'm not a big cake person. I love coconut!

Apparently I loved licorice allsorts as a kid. I have no independent recollection of this.

I don't much care for them any more. Next tin is going to the office for the vultures to devour.

I have to admit that I think that looks kind of nasty... :s
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I love it too... and my question is, what the heck kind of bra do you wear with it?

When I wore this Saturday, I wore a beige strapless bra with it and I was fine. You could also wear one of those bandeau things that are super popular right now.

I wish I could. I don't have a huge chest by any means but these aren't supportive and I'd really like to try as hard as I can to prevent what I do have from sagging to my toes :s

Glad I'm not the only one!
    peleroja wrote: »

They do work - I have one that kind of works, even, and I've got a very big chest. They're not great for lift or support, obviously, but they do shape and cover.

Have you tried a longline strapless? I have one from Freya that's got just a couple inches of "band" under the cup and it stays up like nobody's business with that extra fabric. Plus it looks cute, even.

I have a longline strapless... it's ancient, which means it's hardly worn... which probably means it didn't work terrifically well. But it is also low-back, so it's probably trying to fill too many needs at once. I may have to dig it out and try it.
    I have the sliding issue with the bandeaus I have, but the bra stayed put. It is one I bought for my brother's wedding 5 years ago that has the non-slide gel-like stuff that some of the no slip headbands have.

What are the backless stick-on bras? Don't think I've seen one before.

Come to think of it, all of my strapless bras are from the days when I wore a too-large band (when I followed the "add 5 inches" guideline) so that might be half the problem.

Backless bra: 397663_unbra.jpg

edit to close parentheses, because that sort of thing keeps me up at night

How does that even stay up?!

Incomplete parentheses would haunt me too.

It's sticky on the inside, and after you wear it you rinse it carefully and leave it flat to dry and it gets sticky again. And like I mentioned, they're good for shape and coverage but obviously don't do anything lift-wise, really.

I'm glad the brownies worked out for you, @ythannah, and you don't think they taste like beans ;) My husband likes them more than real brownies because of the way the sweetness is cut back by the beans.

I'll have to try these brownies since I have around 3 cans of black beans.

Other than the black beans & brownie mix did you guys mix anything else in?

Not much of a baker here.

When I made the Chickpea Hummus Dough it was pretty good & I couldn't tell it was made with beans.

This has probably been answered already but the only other ingredient is water.

My instructions were to rinse the beans and the can thoroughly, drain the beans, then return the beans to the can and fill it with water. That was the mixture that got pureed. Into purple soup that smelled like cat food.

These black bean brownies are getting harder and harder to resist with detailed descriptions like that.

*I wish there was a sarcasm font.

They're actually REALLY good. And sooo much healthier than regular brownies because they have legumes in them.
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Okay, I deleted my last post, but I'm going to reword it here, it's regarding the DLB comments.

It bothers me that people are being encouraged to be more body positive, and not body shame people who are overweight, but people who are super fit are still picked apart. I get it, I don't want to look like DLB either, but I don't think it's right to say she looks manly or scary. It's still body shaming. Just because she's muscular/fit doesn't make it okay. People wouldn't post things like that about an obese person, or they'd be torn apart!

I hope that makes sense. I know it's judgment free and I think you are all super great, but I just had to put my $0.02 in.

I wondered what your 'deleted' meant. Good point. I don't care for that look. I don't care for the anorexic look either. Both are too extreme. But totally get your point. And won't do it again and luckily, its within the hour, so I'll go delete it! :)

That's totally fine. Everyone's "ideal" varies of course. :smile:

It may have been mentioned already way back, but there's a double standard on body acceptance. You (general you) can't put down or say anything bad about an overweight person, but skinny people are told to "eat a hamburger" or accused of being anorexic when they're not. For some reason it's more acceptable to make remarks to a skinny person. I'm not sure why. I can only imagine the types of comments women like DLB must get, and while they might be used to it, I know I wouldn't want to hear unnecessary negative comments about my body.

ETA: Now I'm stressed about these posts. I am not trying to stir anything up so I hope nobody takes offence to me stating my opinion.

I've heard it all my life, from my mother's "Men like women better who are pleasingly plump" to my coworker's "You look too skinny to live" to another coworker's "So.... *kitten* happens to skinny people too, eh?" when she overheard me talking to someone else about my lymphedema, like it was a trade-off for not being overweight.

I don't care for that DLB woman's body either... not sure how much of the look can be attributed to prepping and flexing and posing and possibly even a little graphic enhancement, however... but I don't have a hope of ever achieving that physique either, it's just not in my genes. Maybe if it was remotely possible I'd try for it, who knows? Everyone's goals and ideals are different.

This is more like what I can realistically aim for:

VRrq1GV.jpg

I can appreciate that.

I takeaway 3 things from this image:
    1. She's nicely tan. I'm quite jealous as I'm like a nicely darker version of fluorescent.
    2. I want her pants.
    3. My hair NEVER looks that nice when I workout. Heck, my hair rarely looks that nice period. EVER.

1. I'm sure it's a spray-on fake tan for her "after" photo shoot.
    2. If I recognize the symbol on the waistband correctly, they're UnderArmour. Mucho dinero, chica. I have a cute little UnderArmour workout jacket from TJMaxx that started out at $130.
    3. Yeah, the hair got me too. I allowed myself a small wistful moment of wishing I had the kind of hair that could look carelessly tousled and freaking awesome at the same time. It ain't happening.
    4. I'm supposed to be grouting.

@crosbylee what a milestone for your daughter! Hope she has a long and healthy, cancer-free life ahead!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options

This is the mix I used:

I don't like the bobbly ones but the others are yum!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

That is fantastic!!! Glad to see her step out of her shell a bit and find something wonderful!! I don't blame you for just enjoying the day with her. Sometimes those memories are the best! :)

I'll echo that!
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Someone was tired after playing so hard today! ❤️❤️

600rgu3huksm.jpg

ETA: For the record, we're sitting in the driveway so she can finish her nap, I didn't take this while driving lol!

I'm so proud of her! It's days like this that give me hope that she'll be able to cope with her "disability" (if you can call it that) and live a fulfilling life even with the SPD and anxiety.
  • learningtolove
    learningtolove Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    When I do any strenous workouts ( been trying to get back into the 30 day shred) I have to pee before I start,stop to pee at least and pee right after- I usually pee myself a wee bit during the jumping jacks. Even if my bladder seems empty. Im a 23 year old mom with zero kegal control :(
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I am just a little excited to take my daugher to her check up at the cancer center tomorrow. They have recently had end of treatment bells donated to them and she will get to ring it! After over two years of worry and watching, we ended treatment in June and she has been cancer free since then. She may never really realize how big a thing she has been through, but I know there are parts she will never forget.

This is wonderful. I am so happy to hear this. Ask them if they want some race medals...I have a box to send!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Haha when I showed SO the list he was like well we'll cross off half the things on that list but I have no idea what a chocolate frog is (he must be the only person I know who hasn't read Harry Potter!) So I had to explain to him that Harry Potter things were mixed into that list, it was hilarious :)

I have never read or watched any Harry Potter, and have no desire to! Actually, are those not kids books/movies?

No they're for everyone! They're SO good!

THIS!!!!!! The books. I have seen some of the movies (for a long time refused to watch them as love the books too much) and they are actually pretty good too. The books are AWESOME!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Okay, I deleted my last post, but I'm going to reword it here, it's regarding the DLB comments.

It bothers me that people are being encouraged to be more body positive, and not body shame people who are overweight, but people who are super fit are still picked apart. I get it, I don't want to look like DLB either, but I don't think it's right to say she looks manly or scary. It's still body shaming. Just because she's muscular/fit doesn't make it okay. People wouldn't post things like that about an obese person, or they'd be torn apart!

I hope that makes sense. I know it's judgment free and I think you are all super great, but I just had to put my $0.02 in.

I wondered what your 'deleted' meant. Good point. I don't care for that look. I don't care for the anorexic look either. Both are too extreme. But totally get your point. And won't do it again and luckily, its within the hour, so I'll go delete it! :)

That's totally fine. Everyone's "ideal" varies of course. :smile:

It may have been mentioned already way back, but there's a double standard on body acceptance. You (general you) can't put down or say anything bad about an overweight person, but skinny people are told to "eat a hamburger" or accused of being anorexic when they're not. For some reason it's more acceptable to make remarks to a skinny person. I'm not sure why. I can only imagine the types of comments women like DLB must get, and while they might be used to it, I know I wouldn't want to hear unnecessary negative comments about my body.

That is so true. I don't personally want to look like her, but I can't even imagine the amount of discipline and determination she has.

I totally agree with the double standard. It's not right. Having been on the thinner side my whole life, I've gotten steady comments about how I don't eat enough or how I need to eat more how I can't possibly be full after just eating a sandwich or a bowl of cereal. And now that I've been working out regularly, they make comments about how I don't need to workout or I workout too much. Blah, blah, blah.

How and what I eat are no concern of yours, so mind ya own bidness. As much as I love Mr. Mo, he's horrible about saying things like this to me. It's hurtful.

I can get this. I was really hurt last time I visited my Mom she is always criticizing me for my weight (being too heavy) now all she could say was I was too thin... Its like ... seriously, Mom, can't I ever be just right?????????

Maybe not exactly the same but I was hurt. I like the way I look right now. So there!

It is the same, and my mom is not the greatest at compliments or encouragement either. Luckily, I don't find my self-worth by her validation. Not saying that you do, I'm just saying.

Moms can be such jerks sometimes. Myself included.

Yes they can, and yes, to some degree, I still do!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    @LBuehrle8 Ok, you're off to the UK very soon. Here's your food list! Some Harry Potter related, some just British stuff that you have to try. In no particular order. (And to the Brits: Yes, I know that nobody in the UK eats like this really! Some of these are just things I miss and enjoy when we visit. Feel free to add to Laura's list!)

Treacle Tart
    Bangers & Mash
    Cream cake from a bakery
    Curry from a proper curry house (ideally at 11pm after the pub closes)
    Sherbert lemons
    Bacon sandwich
    'Full English' breakfast
    Cornish pasty
    Trifle
    Chocolate Frog
    Spotted Dick & custard
    Pork pie
    Crumpets
    Cream Tea
    Fish and chips (ideally eaten with fingers on a beach)
    Butterbeer
    Sunday roast (pubs are good if nobody wants to cook)
    Toad In The Hole
    More curry

What is a chocolate frog? and what is butterbeer? I assure you those are not regular British things! Are they more a regional thing Tubbs?

HARRY POTTER!

So things that don't really exist then :expressionless:
    Well, they do now!
    79uqla3cg1bz.jpg
    b8y6q6lmi7ds.jpg

Can you buy them in tesco?

Not that I know of ;) But I did have a butterbeer in Hogsmeade in FL... hot and cold. Both good but way too fattening. My nephew got the chocolate frog. I think both my niece and nephew got the Bertie Botts flavoured jelly beans. They even got ear wax! I refused to try them. :)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

This is the mix I used:

Ew. Totally judging that "candy".

• Oberon21
    Options
    I confess since losing a lot of weight I hate feeling my collarbone & ribs, but I don't mind feeling my hipbone.

I am the opposite. I feel my bones all the time. I love it. :)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    I am just a little excited to take my daugher to her check up at the cancer center tomorrow. They have recently had end of treatment bells donated to them and she will get to ring it! After over two years of worry and watching, we ended treatment in June and she has been cancer free since then. She may never really realize how big a thing she has been through, but I know there are parts she will never forget.

This is wonderful. I am so happy to hear this. Ask them if they want some race medals...I have a box to send!

That is SO sweet. You make me eyes leak @pofoster21.

• Oberon21
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So I know I've been away from this thread because I can't keep up... But I got to get this out of my chest.

One of my kids' friends' mom asked me for a playdate at the waterpark today a couple days ago. I wasn't thinking and said yes... and I got my period yesterday.

I don't do tampons, but I have a menstrual cup.. which I've never managed to use properly but figured I'd give it another shot... 30 minutes later, I'm scratched, raw, and couldn't get the thing to open. I HATE MY BODY. I can't workout as much as I'd like because my calves are giving out on me, I'm always so hungry before my period that I end up undoing one or two weeks of deficit, and now I can't even do this for my kids.

Still going but we won't be able to do the things they like the most because I can't go far in the water, obviously. I'm in tears. So frustrated.

So sorry, @Francl27 but you can let the other kids mom go in the water this time? And you take them back another time? And welcome back...stick around you don't have to keep up, just jump in when you can!