Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    So... After horrible, horrible pain for twelve days and increasingly limited movement, I dragged myself to a doctor this morning. I've been diagnosed with sciatica due to injury, and have been prescribed enough prescription drugs to kill a rhinoceros. I may spend the next week in a drug induced haze, so right here I'm adding a disclaimer that I'm not responsible for anything I may say or do in the next 15 days. >:)

But hey, I have codeine! Yippee! (I'm seriously stoked, because after an injection, I've had my first horrific-pain free day today! I feel no pain and it's BEAUTIFUL. Spool beautiful. I could kiss that doctor.)

ETA: Since I've already been quoted and look dumb, uhhh... Spool was supposed to be "soooo". Autocorrect, not drugs, I swear! ;)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Okay....confessions
    I did NOT log Thursday at all for some reasons...
    1. I have NO idea how much beer/wine I drank.
    2. I went swimming but I have no idea for exactly how long or what my effort would be defined as
    3. I ate a TON of fried food.
    4. I gained 5 pounds and I want to cry about it because I was SO close to 179 and I did this to myself... :bawling:
    5. I want to become a good runner but it's too surfing hot and humid in Austin, TX to even really try.
    6. For the first time in, well, ever, I can not WAIT for it to get cooler so I can run more with my dog Tessa.

You can get back on track. We are only human so it's inevitable we will slip up from time to time but you really can do this!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    So... After horrible, horrible pain for twelve days and increasingly limited movement, I dragged myself to a doctor this morning. I've been diagnosed with sciatica due to injury, and have been prescribed enough prescription drugs to kill a rhinoceros. I may spend the next week in a drug induced haze, so right here I'm adding a disclaimer that I'm not responsible for anything I may say or do in the next 15 days. >:)

But hey, I have codeine! Yippee! (I'm seriously stoked, because after an injection, I've had my first horrific-pain free day today! I feel no pain and it's BEAUTIFUL. Spool beautiful. I could kiss that doctor.)

That's great news @Susieq_1994 . Happy you are pain free and I will be looking forward to some drug induced posts!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Okay....confessions
    2. I went swimming but I have no idea for exactly how long or what my effort would be defined as
    4. I gained 5 pounds and I want to cry about it because I was SO close to 179 and I did this to myself... :bawling:
    5. I want to become a good runner but it's too surfing hot and humid in Austin, TX to even really try.
    6. For the first time in, well, ever, I can not WAIT for it to get cooler so I can run more with my dog Tessa.
    I feel ya about the heat. People asked me how i could stand running in the winter but that is so much easier than running in the summer. I've been going out around 6 this year, it's still hot, but that's the best time I can fit in.

Chin up about the five pounds, you'll get a nice woosh in a few days.

That's great news @Susieq_1994 !
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

ETA: Since I've already been quoted and look dumb, uhhh... Spool was supposed to be "soooo". Autocorrect, not drugs, I swear! ;)

YAY!!!! I'm SPOOL happy for you!!! ;)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I confess I am sooooo ready for (American) football season. I have changed my profile pic and am currently wearing my Boise State polo at work. I am team mom on my son's team, my hubby is asst coach. We have season tickets to the Boise State games. ARGH!!! Kick off, already!!!!

September 3rd starts USC's (and I don't mean California!) season and I can't wait!!! Hubby is in Charlotte at the Panthers fanfest for his birthday, (he's 26 today!) I'm so ready for football season!!

Y'all, I am just gonna apologize now because @raelynnsmama52512 and I are SEC fans and we can be obnoxious about our football. I was raised to love God, my family, sweet tea and the SEC!!!

Pshh, who you telling?! Lol! Trust me, Gamecock football is a RELIGION in our family! Basically, on Saturday we're all useless because we're all watching the game, screaming at our TVs about a bad call, and cussing the refs haha! (You could also apply that to hockey as well!) I'm a bad fan, I've never been to a USC game, but hubby has already vowed to change that this year lol! I have no shame, I get pretty obnoxious haha! God, family, friends, and SEC football, that's all you really need in life. :wink:

We ring cowbells in our house when State scores. And I am apologizing in advance to everyone here because I can't help talking football...

I despise football. Sorry.
    Me too, unless it's actual football; the kind you play with your feet. ;)
    I'm also not very keen on hockey, to be honest. I'm not a very good Canadian, I guess. Although I did have very good seats at a lacrosse game last year and was most impressed by their calf muscles. I enjoyed that part!

• Tubbs216
    Options
    Checking to say good morning! I have my home internet back; I've missed you all terribly. But not enough for me to read the almost 3000 posts I missed. LOL
    Welcome back!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    @LBuehrle8, if I don't talk to you before you fly out, enjoy your trip, eat lots of English stuff so I can live vicariously through you, (except curry, you can keep that nastiness) and have the bestest time with your Englishman!

See you when you get back!

I am actually very curious as to what the British people call "curry". I have no idea what it is, because according to Pakistanis that I know, the stuff they call curry isn't ACTUALLY curry. I've tried the authentic stuff, but there are so many of them... This lack of knowledge is irritating me. :p

I love curry! But I have no idea if what I have had is "real" now!
    I'm also confused by this curry talk.... because I love curry, but I don't know what this special English curry is. I've had Thai and Indian curry... is that what you guys are talking about? Going to look into this.

Well, what I've read is that curry became popular due to the colonization of India way back in the day, and remained a popular dish until today. However, I'm relatively certain that it became sort of like Tex-Mex or Chinese food is in the U.S.--very "Americanized", and not always very close to the original Mexican/Chinese foods that they're based on. ;)

When I go to the US next year, one of my first stops is going to be Outback Steakhouse. I want to see what the American idea of Australian food is.
    I spent a year in Australia a long time ago. We had no money, so the peak of extravagance was a trip to Sizzler. Is that chain still going? You could get a steak, baked potato and unlimited salad for $10 (?) The smart people would get the steak and potato to go, and go nuts on the salad bar!
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Oh, sciatica sucks. Did you get any exercises to do? I suffer from bulging discs sometimes, and if you google, there are some really gentle stretches you can do to open up the vertebrae and reduce the pressure on the nerve. I recommend.
    I'm proud of you for getting yourself to a doctor though. Were you stressed? Did you husband do the talking for you?
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Okay....confessions
    Well, sounds like you had a great day, whether you logged or not. I guarantee that the 5lbs is mainly water, so hang in there.
    I wish I could get excited about running again. :/
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Awww, leave Susie alone; she's stoned.
  • Tubbs216
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Testing....
    Yayayayayyyy! My gifs are working again!
    liqxon7uikuv.gif
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Hahaha! She's knows I'm just teasing her...right, Susie? Or are you too stoned to know? ;)
  • kelly_c_77
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Testing....
    liqxon7uikuv.gif

I see nothing! :(

Nope, nevermind. I see it! :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

That's great news @Susieq_1994 . Happy you are pain free and I will be looking forward to some drug induced posts!

lol :p I should probably stay off the internet at that point... :D God only knows what I might say. O.o

Thank you ;)... I just hope it heals quickly--I can't stay drugged for the rest of my life. :-/ I need to get housework and stuff done. :o Laying around in bed makes me feel like a lazy do-nothing.

How kind of you to... err... Defend me. :p Although I can't say that this defense will do well for my pristine and spotless reputation. :D
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Hahaha! She's knows I'm just teasing her...right, Susie? Or are you too stoned to know? ;)

Waaaay too stoned. :p Actually, I'm afraid to take any of the medication I was prescribed today since I forgot to ask what the pain injection that I was given was. I assume it was diclofenac, which is the most commonly given NSAID injection, but I'm not entirely sure. And one of my prescriptions is a very high dose of diclofenac, which would mean overdosing if I took it. And if the shot WASN'T diclofenac, I don't know what the drug interactions might be! :o

... As you can see, my head is a fun place to be. :p
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Testing....
    liqxon7uikuv.gif

Yay!! And also, dang it. I found bunches of awesome gifs and didn't bother to save them because they wouldn't work in the forums. Such loss. :'(
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    I confess I am sooooo ready for (American) football season. I have changed my profile pic and am currently wearing my Boise State polo at work. I am team mom on my son's team, my hubby is asst coach. We have season tickets to the Boise State games. ARGH!!! Kick off, already!!!!

September 3rd starts USC's (and I don't mean California!) season and I can't wait!!! Hubby is in Charlotte at the Panthers fanfest for his birthday, (he's 26 today!) I'm so ready for football season!!

Y'all, I am just gonna apologize now because @raelynnsmama52512 and I are SEC fans and we can be obnoxious about our football. I was raised to love God, my family, sweet tea and the SEC!!!

Pshh, who you telling?! Lol! Trust me, Gamecock football is a RELIGION in our family! Basically, on Saturday we're all useless because we're all watching the game, screaming at our TVs about a bad call, and cussing the refs haha! (You could also apply that to hockey as well!) I'm a bad fan, I've never been to a USC game, but hubby has already vowed to change that this year lol! I have no shame, I get pretty obnoxious haha! God, family, friends, and SEC football, that's all you really need in life. :wink:

We ring cowbells in our house when State scores. And I am apologizing in advance to everyone here because I can't help talking football...

I despise football. Sorry.
    Me too, unless it's actual football; the kind you play with your feet. ;)
    I'm also not very keen on hockey, to be honest. I'm not a very good Canadian, I guess. Although I did have very good seats at a lacrosse game last year and was most impressed by their calf muscles. I enjoyed that part!
    Same. I'm not a fan of watching sports but I do love looking football player's legs. :wink:

• FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    I'm about to go to a tennis game with my boyfriend and his parents, and I'm having one of those days where I feel extremely ugly and am scared to reveal my face to the world. I've been breaking out lately (stress?) and just feel gross and fat and unsightly. Hoping for a quick and painless tennis game... it's my first one.
  • raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    So, I definitely have ADD, no question. I also had blood drawn to check my thyroid since both my parents have issues, she put me back on the pill, and I go back in 4 weeks to follow up. As far as my back goes, basically I've got to just try to take Tylenol for now and when I go back we're going to look at trying injections. I'm currently on strattera for the ADD, to see if that helps, and once my lab results come back, we'll know what else is going on, or if my thyroid is okay or not. She did mention my weight, and I told her I was doing what I could to try to lose it, but she's also wanting to address that and go other avenues concerning that. She's concerned my weight could be affecting my back too, so I'm guessing if it's not my thyroid, she's going to try something else. She did mention the strattera has a side effect of loss of appetite, which can lead to weight loss. I feel better, but still a little confused.

Btw, anyone familiar with strattera? Lol

Ugh I am hoping your back feels better @raelynnsmama52512! When will you know about your Thyroid?

I'm not sure, they had a notice posted that said because of the high volume of lab work they have that lab results would be discussed at the next appointment, unless things were severely abnormal, then they would call. So unless something is really wonky, I probably won't know until next month. I'm guessing if I haven't lost any weight before then too there will be a discussion about that. I'm dealing with my back right now, I'm still in a lot of pain but I'm used to that for the most part. There's just some days that I can't deal with it.