Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I'm getting a bit embarrassed about colleagues calling across the office "you look like you've lost weight", so everyone looks up. And then having to admit that the scale shows no change (maybe its broken??) but shape changing.

Just say 'I'm dropping my body fat percentage' and give no specific numbers.
  • caddir
    caddir Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Friends in the UK are you off today? My calendar says its a Summer Bank holiday?

Yes, day off today!

I added a couple of days before and a day after to make a proper holiday. We went to a festival, my first ever. I loved the music - loads of new inspiration, bands and music I'd never heard of.

I cannot pretend that the amount of walking or dancing will cancel out the complete loss of focus on my diet. The only thing that was even slightly green was the pesto pasta. I ate mainly chocolate and chips for five days.

No WiFi or Internet; battery on phone died and my fitbit did it's occasional game of pretending to charge and then dying. No mfp to keep me sane/on track.

Only virtue was that I only had two points of beer-we decided not to drink as we might be a long way from the loos.

No excuses but I am in for a difficult time getting back to where I was before I went on holiday.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Since many of you are more up to speed on wedding etiquette stuff than I am... a question regarding how divorced parents are supposed to be arranged.

My SO and his ex-wife have been divorced for many years and their daughter is getting married soon. The SO obviously has a partner, the ex-w does not.

I have a nasty feeling that daughter is planning on seating the SO with his ex (based on a random remark she made recently)... is that the way it's supposed to be done? In other words, am I breaking some sacred law of wedding propriety if I protest this?

Background: historically, daughter has cut me out of a few events which her mother would be attending, throwing her dad and his ex together. Her excuse is that having both her mother and me present would be "awkward".

Very weird to put a divorced couple together although obviously it depends on their specific relationship. Wouldn't you want your guests to be as comfortable at your wedding and to avoid drama? We kept people as far away from each other as possible at ours who we knew would find it uncomfortable.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I am really tempted to book my flight to Nashville, as a training incentive. But i'm worried about booking a flight and not a hotel. and I don't know how long to go for.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    So after my sweet dog passed away on August 1, my mom and I (mainly my mom) decided to have her cremated. We were able to have her paw print made so we would always have that with us, as well. We got her ashes a week after she passed, but we just picked up her paw print that was made, and I almost started bawling my eyes out while leaving the vet.4p5j3zf9jaik.jpg

<3 (((hugs)))
  • spamarie
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    ejb060793 wrote: »

Now I could understand the weird looks if you were buying stuff like a shovel, tape, saw, gun, knives, etc. but not Slim Fast.

The whole cart was filled with nothing but slimfast, to the point that it was a little hard to turn. Plus one of the kids I help raise was in the store with me. She's 15, 4'11" and about 100 pounds, so I think it may have been people being shocked/judgy. I don't know.. I just smiled and waved (especially at the one woman who was at an isle across and had that stupid open mouthed gape thing going on while she stared...)

For all they knew you were buying it for a group of people for a weight loss retreat. No matter how "judgy" anyone may have been, they don't know anything about in reality so whatever they are judging is a figment of their imagination. :smiley:

I hate Judgy McJudge Pants when I'm shopping. Yeah I'm obviously pregnant and buying booze, but that doesn't mean it's for me. For the record, I don't drink, haven't for years. But my parents do and if I'm visiting I'll bring them something they'll enjoy. And all that chocolate? Well that is for me, but I'm not going to eat it all at once...she hopes.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    I am really tempted to book my flight to Nashville, as a training incentive. But i'm worried about booking a flight and not a hotel. and I don't know how long to go for.

That would do need to figure out. I do that all the time, book things as an incentive. And then don't train. ;) it doesn't always work. Are there any half marathons locally in Dec you can start training for as a shorter term objective? Or even a 10k in like Oct or nov?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Would you like a gross confession? I will give you a gross confession. Don't say I didn't warn you.

There's this thing called 'baby brain' or 'pregnancy brain' which I thought was a bit of a myth but might just have something to it. I've found myself of late nearly leaving the house with no shoes on, or putting the milk in the oven and other such random things. I put it down to having more important/interesting/cute things to think about.

Well the other night I went for a pee but forgot to pull my knickers down! I pulled down my trousers and just plain forgot I had knickers on at all. In my defense, they were tiny knickers and I can't see past my bump anymore. But still. Gross. Only noticed when I went to wipe. Argh! Knickers went straight in the washing machine. Thank goodness it was only a number one (they'd have gone in the bin!).

Told you it was a gross confession.

HAHAHA this is so funny.

Gross confession: I did something similar once, but mine was because of alcohol... :blush:

I am really embarrassed now that I was neither pregnant nor drunk when I made that error! Just in a hurry!

No worries--I've done it a few times when I just couldn't hold it anymore! I would get to the bathroom in time, but not get "all the way" to the bathroom in time, if you know what I mean. :D Luckily I was always at home...

See, this is another perfect example of how we all think we have been the ONLY one to do something super embarrassing, and at least 4 of us have now owned up to having done it before!

I'm glad I started this whole pee-related confession now. I'm sure we all feel a lot of relief (pun intended).

Time for my REAL confession.
    I used to play World of Warcraft. Like hardcore raiding.
    I was in one of the top 10 raiding guilds for our server. I would sit and raid for HOURS. It was how my now ex-husband and I met. He was our raid leader for team B of DARK REIGN and then team A for Emo Kittenz and we were occasionally intermittent with Rhymes with Orange. If you know any of those guilds, I will be mildly impressed.
    I would NOT get up to use the restroom. Straight up, pee in a cup because "bio breaks were for n00bs" and one night, forgot my cup. I peed. Right there in my chair.

The only shame came when it wasn't even worth it because we ended up with a full wipe of the raid and called it shortly after.

So yeah, I peed myself for a VIDEO GAME. Talk about embarrassing....

ETA: I just posted this on the internet and I want SO BADLY to take it back and delete it all because I fear judgement. But I'm not going to.....I need to own up to my learning experiences.
    I have learned, no video game is worth peeing yourself for.

I didn't see you as a gamer. And I already told you people pee on the bike and run in tris (not me but they do, I'm not competitive enough to do that). So no judging from me. Did you throw the chair out? :)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I'm getting a bit embarrassed about colleagues calling across the office "you look like you've lost weight", so everyone looks up. And then having to admit that the scale shows no change (maybe its broken??) but shape changing.

I would just say yes, thank you! And its great people are noticing!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Would you like a gross confession? I will give you a gross confession. Don't say I didn't warn you.

There's this thing called 'baby brain' or 'pregnancy brain' which I thought was a bit of a myth but might just have something to it. I've found myself of late nearly leaving the house with no shoes on, or putting the milk in the oven and other such random things. I put it down to having more important/interesting/cute things to think about.

Well the other night I went for a pee but forgot to pull my knickers down! I pulled down my trousers and just plain forgot I had knickers on at all. In my defense, they were tiny knickers and I can't see past my bump anymore. But still. Gross. Only noticed when I went to wipe. Argh! Knickers went straight in the washing machine. Thank goodness it was only a number one (they'd have gone in the bin!).

HAHAHA this is so funny.

Gross confession: I did something similar once, but mine was because of alcohol... :blush:

I am really embarrassed now that I was neither pregnant nor drunk when I made that error! Just in a hurry!

No worries--I've done it a few times when I just couldn't hold it anymore! I would get to the bathroom in time, but not get "all the way" to the bathroom in time, if you know what I mean. :D Luckily I was always at home...

See, this is another perfect example of how we all think we have been the ONLY one to do something super embarrassing, and at least 4 of us have now owned up to having done it before!

I'm glad I started this whole pee-related confession now. I'm sure we all feel a lot of relief (pun intended).

I actually thought it was hysterical the day I did it. NOT that I told many about it!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    saraherren wrote: »
    So after my sweet dog passed away on August 1, my mom and I (mainly my mom) decided to have her cremated. We were able to have her paw print made so we would always have that with us, as well. We got her ashes a week after she passed, but we just picked up her paw print that was made, and I almost started bawling my eyes out while leaving the vet.4p5j3zf9jaik.jpg

Aww I remember when she passed you posted in here. So sorry and glad you got a momento to remember her by.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @orangesmartie maybe your scale is broken and that's why it's not changing. Maybe it needs a new battery?

In case I don't get a chance I really hope you and @peleroja have super great trips!!

@Susieq_1994 I'm sorry you had a rough day. I hope today is much, much better for you. ❤️

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #14

interacting online and via text, things were pretty cool.
    good, fun interactions, actual conversations that moved past the "hi, how's your day going?" type thing.
    but despite fun convo, dude kinda seemed like he was never going to actually ask me out, so on friday, i was like hey, if you wanna hang out let me know! so then we ended up going to a local place that evening.

in person, it was....awkward?
    he was really quiet and withdrawn. which, i get the whole nervous first date type thing, but usually after a few hours, that lightens up a little. only it didn't. he just didn't seem very interested, and that's totally fine. but it still feels weird. so after a few hours, a few beverages, my filter ceases to exist, and upon saying good night (no attempt at a kiss or even a hug), the phrase "you poor boy" slipped out. eep.

que the ensuing text argument wherein any chance of a second date was destroyed. so despite what appeared to be a total lack of all interest, dude says he had a good time. but of course at this point, i'm all angsty and annoyed and say as much in regards to his stand-offishness, to which he does the fine, it's all me whatever, thing.

done and done.

i miss mr.jerkface more than i care to admit :(

Stupid frogs. I wish I could just conjure up Mr. Right-for-you and send him your way! <3

hehehehe, i wish you could too!

i just want to come home from work one day and have a cute dude sitting on my front porch, he knows all my weird quirks, likes to clean, can make me laugh, and wants to love me forevers.
    is that too much to ask for?

I'm afraid the bolded will be too much to ask for. I'm yet to find a man who does that let alone enjoys it.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    *post date update*

first date #14

interacting online and via text, things were pretty cool.
    good, fun interactions, actual conversations that moved past the "hi, how's your day going?" type thing.
    but despite fun convo, dude kinda seemed like he was never going to actually ask me out, so on friday, i was like hey, if you wanna hang out let me know! so then we ended up going to a local place that evening.

in person, it was....awkward?
    he was really quiet and withdrawn. which, i get the whole nervous first date type thing, but usually after a few hours, that lightens up a little. only it didn't. he just didn't seem very interested, and that's totally fine. but it still feels weird. so after a few hours, a few beverages, my filter ceases to exist, and upon saying good night (no attempt at a kiss or even a hug), the phrase "you poor boy" slipped out. eep.

que the ensuing text argument wherein any chance of a second date was destroyed. so despite what appeared to be a total lack of all interest, dude says he had a good time. but of course at this point, i'm all angsty and annoyed and say as much in regards to his stand-offishness, to which he does the fine, it's all me whatever, thing.

done and done.

i miss mr.jerkface more than i care to admit :(

Stupid frogs. I wish I could just conjure up Mr. Right-for-you and send him your way! <3

hehehehe, i wish you could too!

i just want to come home from work one day and have a cute dude sitting on my front porch, he knows all my weird quirks, likes to clean, can make me laugh, and wants to love me forevers.
    is that too much to ask for?

I'm afraid the bolded will be too much to ask for. I'm yet to find a man who does that let alone enjoys it.

My husband cleans. I don't think he likes it, but I've only had to clean the bathroom twice in 2 years - he does it all the time. :smiley:
  • spamarie
    Options
    I confess that I love the show Masters Of Sex.

I have no idea what this is (and I'm not googling it at work!) but thank you for a funny, silly confession.

And to all those dealing with sad/bad things right now, internet hugs for you and I hope things resolve themselves for the better.
  • spamarie
    Options

HAHAHA this is so funny.

ETA: I just posted this on the internet and I want SO BADLY to take it back and delete it all because I fear judgement. But I'm not going to.....I need to own up to my learning experiences.

Ahhh you made me laugh with this one (which I edited in my reply since I doubt you want it to keep popping up). I'm not into WofW but I know people who are. At least you didn't have a complete South Park moment...
  • anicole0102
    anicole0102 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS make sure I have enough calories left over for a serving of ice cream... but I have to buy Arctic Zero and literally cut the package into 4ths or I have to buy the single servings of ice cream, b/c if I don't I will eat a whole carton of it. :s
  • ejb060793
    ejb060793 Posts: 281 Member
    Options

HAHAHA this is so funny.

I was in one of the top 10 raiding guilds for our server. I would sit and raid for HOURS. It was how my now ex-husband and I met. He was our raid leader for team B of DARK REIGN and then team A for Emo Kittenz and we were occasionally intermittent with Rhymes with Orange. If you know any of those guilds, I will be mildly impressed.
    I would NOT get up to use the restroom. Straight up, pee in a cup because "bio breaks were for n00bs" and one night, forgot my cup. I peed. Right there in my chair.

The only shame came when it wasn't even worth it because we ended up with a full wipe of the raid and called it shortly after.

I didn't see you as a gamer. And I already told you people pee on the bike and run in tris (not me but they do, I'm not competitive enough to do that). So no judging from me. Did you throw the chair out? :)

I remember reading about these a few years back. Not sure why I still remember them. This is the kind of in between for straight up peeing yourself and having to hold it until you find the nearest ladies room. It's basically a way for females to add an extra body part temporarily so that we can pee standing and not pee on our shoes... http://www.amazon.com/Go-Girl-Female-Urination-Lavender/dp/B003BEDUS6
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options

HAHAHA this is so funny.

Oh yeah. I rocked some MMORPGs in my day. Star Wars: The Old Republic, Aion: Tower of Eternity, Everquest, Runescape....some for a DECADE (looking at YOU World of Warcraft) and some for only a couple days (EQ and RS).

Yes, I threw the chair out. I used it as an excuse for a new chair. :naughty:

And as far as your tri-peeps go, at least they are doing something worthwhile and awesome. Something truly physically and mentally demanding. Video games isn't really either of those things. Though it does try your patience(working with people) and test your sleep depravity limits (I start hallucinating at 53 hours, no sleep).
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    @saraherren, we did the same thing when our dog passed. Although it is sad, I'm so glad to have it! <3 Hugs to you!