Just for today --- daily commitment thread

Replies

• 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    6. CHEER ON THE GREEN BAY PACKERS tonight. It would be great to be able to stay up until at least half time. LOL!

Tracie in WI

Ok, so i've never been to WI, but Green bay is my 11 year old daughter's favorite team! when i ask her why, she says: "the first time i remember watching football with Daddy..... Green Bay was playing!" :)
  • kwownow
    kwownow Posts: 43 Member
    Just found this challenge!
    Just for today (tomorrow) I will
    1. Get 5000 steps ( good for me)
    2. Evening snack will be rice cakes w Better than Peanut Butter! Nothing else
    3. feel good about myself today
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    edited September 2015
    68myra wrote: »
    bri170lb wrote: »
    All in all, I feel I feel I did pretty darn good (especially with the ice cream thing...)

Ah... the thrill of victory over icecream is a sweet, sweet reward in itself! :smiley:

OH yes!! i believe that tops victory over movie popcorn :smiley:

But not chocolate :lol: Still working on that one!

:grin: Yesterday I had planned a relatively lazy day. Achieved my goals plus enjoyed a lecture on 'Peace', the first of a 10 week lecture season. The lectures are designed to encourage participants to find inner peace. There are 12 participants, plus 2 facilitators. :grin:

JFT Tues 29/09
    1. Pre-log; follow through
    2. Physio/4000+ steps
    3. Focus on water intake. I missed out on water yesterday and felt very sluggish
    4. Meditate on Peace

:heart: Pax Vobiscum :heart:
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    bri170lb wrote: »

Congratulations!!! I hope the 5k went well for you and WOO HOO on the 101 lbs! that is fantastic!

It was very hot (for me least, I live in the mountains so I am used to jogging in cool temperatures) so I was only able to walk.

I came in last place out of a LOT of people, but it still counts a a win for me because...

1. On January 1st of this year I could just barely walk 10 minutes on the treadmill.
    2. I finished and after the first 5 minutes I thought I wouldn't.
    3. I kept my commitment to myself to do one 5k race every month til next May.

WTG. You should be very proud of yourself.
  • vicky1947mfp
    vicky1947mfp Posts: 1,527 Member
    6. CHEER ON THE GREEN BAY PACKERS tonight. It would be great to be able to stay up until at least half time. LOL!

Tracie in WI

Ok, so i've never been to WI, but Green bay is my 11 year old daughter's favorite team! when i ask her why, she says: "the first time i remember watching football with Daddy..... Green Bay was playing!" :)

Awww. So sweet.
  • 20paws
    20paws Posts: 26 Member
    Love this idea... And would gladly join!
    1. Get to work on time
    2. Leave mid day for gym visit
    3. Salad as basis for lunch
    4. Mindful snacking
    5. Get to bed by 10!
  • WellingTX
    WellingTX Posts: 617 Member
    WellingTX wrote: »
    I will stay under my calorie goal and make good meal choices.
    I will work out for 90 minutes.
    I will express my wellness mantra twice, out loud.
    I am expressing gratitude for the support of my work environment and work friends. Missing a big meeting this week, no issues. Lots of offers to cover work while I'm taking a few days off.

Decent day.

Under my calorie goal but had to use every exercise credit. Mostly good choices but could have left 1/4 of that cheeseburger on the plate last night.
    Worked out for 95 minutes including a 3.3 mile walk at 16:13/mile pace.
    Expressed my wellness mantra once.

For today:

I will stay under my calorie goal and make good meal choices.
    I will work out for 90 minutes.
    I will express my wellness mantra twice, out loud.
    I am expressing gratitude for being physically able to work out and walk despite my weight.
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    edited September 2015

Tracie in WI

You have a very intelligent daughter! :smiley: I live in Green Bay, near Lambeau Field. I can hardly help but be a Packer fan! However, I grew up a Vikings fan because I'm from Minnesota and I remember watching the Vikings games with my dad when I was a young girl. I still cheer for them when they aren't playing Green Bay! Memories. That is so sweet!
  • bmayes2014
    bmayes2014 Posts: 232 Member
    I really like this. Seems so simple but so important for me. Just for today I WILL

stay under 1400 calories
    stay under my carb macro
    have a salad
    get my workout clothes ready tonight for tomorrow morning's workout
  • PackerFanInGB

J4T Monday:

1. Log my food
    2. Drink 10 glasses of water
    3. Pack tomorrow's breakfast and lunch tonight
    4. 30 minutes of reading and journaling
    5. 30 minutes of exercising, as well as at least 5000+ steps on FitBit

Well, I did really goo and met my goals on everything except journaling. I really need to take time earlier to do this. Tired today because I stayed up late to cheer my Packers on to a win so keeping it simple today....

J4T Tuesday
    1. Log my food
    2. 10 glasses of water
    3. Pack tomorrow's lunch, tonight
    4. 30 minutes reading/journaling
    5. 5000+ steps at least
    6. Stay within my sugar intake limit.

Have a great day everyone!

Tracie in WI
  • eileenmprice193
    eileenmprice193 Posts: 21 Member
    Good day yesterday. Today I will stay within my calorie goal. Walked on treadmill for 35 min.

• chelleb1974
    chelleb1974 Posts: 69 Member
    JFT 9/29

1. Walked up the stairs at work, will walk down them to go home
    2. Not buy unhealthy snacks on the way home (I will be getting home late and should have packed a healthy snack)
    3. Not buy all the food in the grocery store (yeah....I really should eat before going shopping!)
  • niklong
    niklong Posts: 49 Member
    New to this thread. I think it will be helpful. I need to start again, but am lacking motivation. Maybe a day at a time will help.
    1) Log every bite
    2) Drink my gallon of water
    3) Go for a walk
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Missed posting yesterday but met my usual goals for the day, except no workout due to the long day I had. I did get in 10k steps, though, so that was good.

JFT, 9/29
    Eat within my calorie limit
    Get in a workout - cardio and upper body strength
    Walk the dogs
    No drinking (day 32)
  • Saragirl2
    Saragirl2 Posts: 630 Member
    Just checking in now & hope to read posts tonight.

JFT
    Pretrack
    So far so good on activity & food choices!
    Drink 9 cups of water.
    Weighed in today & happy to see a loss. Slow & steady.
    Show gratefulness to others starting with my fellow JFT members..

Trust the process.
  • PackerFanInGB
    niklong wrote: »
    New to this thread. I think it will be helpful. I need to start again, but am lacking motivation. Maybe a day at a time will help.
    1) Log every bite
    2) Drink my gallon of water
    3) Go for a walk

I have trouble staying motivated also. I really like this thread for that reason...breaking it down into one day at a time. What can I reasonably set for a goal Just For Today. Good luck!
  • chelleb1974
    chelleb1974 Posts: 69 Member
    I succeeded in my goals for today! I got a surprise flower delivery at work and had to go downstairs to the security desk to pick it up. I walked down, but took the elevator all 7 floors....didn't want to chance dropping the vase full of flowers and water on the stairs and breaking it and making a huge mess! I gave myself a pass for that.

JFT 9/30
    1. Continue with the stairs (8 days down.....6 left to make it a habit!)
    2. Track everything I eat, even if it gets scary
    3. Get the sugar flower work done that I need to do tonight in order to get a wedding cake done on time.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member

Just for Tuesday, the final Tuesday of September:
    :smile: 1. take dog to the vet (without hurting my back: engage those glutes and abs!)
    3:smile: 2. pt/foam roll/yoga
    :smile: 3. under 20g sugar
    :smile: 4. NO vegetable oil

Just for the final Wednesday of September:
    1. pt/foam roll/yoga
    2. under 25g sugar
    3. no vegetable oil
    4. plan healthy dinner
    5. clean out one cabinet or drawer. just one.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,930 Member
    edited September 2015
    JFT Tues 29/09
    1. Pre-log; follow through :) I think the pattern has been set here. Old habits replaced by new.
    2. Physio/4000+ steps :) 4618/Physio is getting a little easier. I am off the crutches and the cane.
    3. Focus on water intake. I missed out on water yesterday and felt very sluggish :)
    4. Meditate on Peace :) I am doing a 10 week course on Inner Peace. Reviewed Monday's lecture.

:heart: Pax Vobiscum :heart:

JFT Wed 30/09
    1. Pre-log/follow through
    2. Physio/4500+ steps
    3. Review September progress/Set October goals
    4. Take our granddaughter out for lunch. She goes back to Cambridge on Sunday. We won't see her until Christmas

I love to read all your posts. Little steps go a long way

:star: Live each moment mindfully :star:
  • jenean52
    jenean52 Posts: 80 Member
    Hi ho hi ho it's off to work I go
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Track all food
    2. Bike 30 min
    3. Drink, drink, drink
    4. Peaceful thoughts