CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    We also have boards set up on pinterest for low carb and high carb meals. If you read back through the beginning of this board you will find other sources and links that will provide additional information and recipes. :)
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »
    ky52us3nwzvx.jpg

LOL! Me too :smile:
  • sybabe35
    sybabe35 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Have you guys thought about making this a group so its easier to find. I use to have a place that let me click if I commented somewhere but that is now gone. I have to search this thread every time i want to comment or read.

You can change your notifications preferences at the top right where the bell icon is to find this thread eaiser.
  • Dharma143
    Dharma143 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Dara. I am very interested in carb cycling. My scale is not moving except up or down the same two pounds. My goals are:
    1. Daily food logs
    2. Workout at least 5 days a week
    3. Loose five pounds before Thanksgiving

I am hoping this will work to get my metabolism moving. Any help is appreciated. My weight loss total goal is 15 pounds.
  • sybabe35
    Options
    Which carb-cycling book do you guys recommend? I see quite a few on Amazon.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    sybabe35 wrote: »
    Which carb-cycling book do you guys recommend? I see quite a few on Amazon.

I love Chris Powell's choose more, lose more for life ..... his choose to lose the 7 day carb cycle solution ...and the carb cycling recipe and diet book by Jesse Morgan ...I bought all 3 on amazon
  • Db8688
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    Laura - I will be changing over to strength training as well...good to know that it still shows up on the scale !!

Im sapping my Tuesday. ZUMBA class for something called Body F.I.T.T. I know it's interval training with weights and cardio. My other option was a class called butts and guts.
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Laura - I will be changing over to strength training as well...good to know that it still shows up on the scale !!

Im sapping my Tuesday. ZUMBA class for something called Body F.I.T.T. I know it's interval training with weights and cardio. My other option was a class called butts and guts.
    I think the Body FITT. sounds really good !!!
  • Db8688
    Options

Im swapping my Tuesday. ZUMBA class for something called Body F.I.T.T. I know it's interval training with weights and cardio. My other option was a class called butts and guts.

• Db8688
    Options

Im swapping my Tuesday. ZUMBA class for something called Body F.I.T.T. I know it's interval training with weights and cardio. My other option was a class called butts and guts.

The butts and guts sounds intimidating and I get enough squats and ab work in body blast class. It's ironic that I enjoy these classes so much when I hated PE in school.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Haha ! Happy Endorphins at work!
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all of the new people! Glad to see our little group keeps growing :)

I legit lol'ed at your meme, DB! Sooo true. I went to my in-law's house this weekend and it was like being on vacation. Way, way too much good food and overindulging. Had a crazy amount of wine and GF pizza so the carb overload was insane and I felt absolutely awful the next day...but I had a blast so it was worth it lol. And I'm reigning it back in this week!

Also found out I get another month of my Orange Theory classes until my membership expires so that's kind of fun. They're a great calorie burn for my "rest" days from the gym. Still trying to find more time to get to yoga since that's my passion and what really got me started on this path to a healthier lifestyle. But I also HAVE to start getting more sleep- never enough hours in the day, I suppose...

Wishing everyone a great week!
  • Db8688
    Options
    Laura I found those assorted nut butters you mentioned at the Vitamin Shoppe and they were on sale! I didn't get any this go around. Just the raw maple almond butter gets kind of dangerously addictive and I could see me sitting on the couch with a spoon and the jar so I put it back. :)
  • sarahruss2
    sarahruss2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sarah, I went back to Chris book to find an answer to some of your questions, but honestly I could not find his reasoning for carbs in the morning...I know I read it some where but just haven't come across it yet...I also follow net carbs....as I feel veggies and fiber are very important . I'm still working on finding tasty recipes to round out my protein

Thank you Sue!

• sybabe35
    Options
    The carbs in the morning (I just read this from Chris's book) is to prime your brain and body for the start of the day. It's food for your brain and it'll kick start your metabolism.
  • pwrfl1
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Dharma143 wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Dara. I am very interested in carb cycling. My scale is not moving except up or down the same two pounds. My goals are:
    1. Daily food logs
    2. Workout at least 5 days a week
    3. Loose five pounds before Thanksgiving

I am hoping this will work to get my metabolism moving. Any help is appreciated. My weight loss total goal is 15 pounds.
    Welcome Dara ! Are you new to this way of eating ? What type of workouts do you favor ? It seems that almost all of us choose to workout as well watch the carbs and calories. I think your goal of losing 5 pounds by Thanksgiving is totally doable ! Hit us up with any questions! We may just know the answer. ;) Or Not ......lol.
    Sue
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    "It will take you longer if you don't add strength training into that plan of yours. Just cardio alone will slow your metabolism and make it harder to stay lean." - fitness blender
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    sybabe35 wrote: »
    The carbs in the morning (I just read this from Chris's book) is to prime your brain and body for the start of the day. It's food for your brain and it'll kick start your metabolism.
    . There it is !!! Thank You !

• sarahruss2
    sarahruss2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I don't think I ever answered the questions you posed when forming the group. I work out 4-5/week (kickboxing one day, and HIIT 1-2 days and then just cardio/strength/functional training for the others). Started carb cycling (decided to follow Chris Powell's carb cycling, not sure which of his cycles I will stick to though…) a couple weeks ago. I don't eat grains because of digestive issues and that sorta led me to Paleo (but with dairy) and then I tried just going low carb all the time and then the keto diet. Worked wonders at first but then I just gained weight even when I was totally low carb and low calories. So, I realized it was not going to work for me long term. I think carb cycling will work (I'm hopeful) because it can be adjusted to your lifestyle and to your day to day happenings! I added quinoa, rice, sweet potatoes and black beans back into my diet and didn't realize that I was missing the happy hormone until I did! GOALS for me:
    * log my meals (at least for a few weeks until I "get" the cycling down)
    * lose 3-4 pounds (not a lot but those pounds sure are stubborn!)
    * continue to work out and get stronger

It funny to me that most people have trouble with find a meal at a restaurant on LC days because for me that became easy -- some meat (even in a sauce) plus salad/vegetable. I still find it harder to find HC meals that are pretty low fat and that I can eat (no wheat, corn, etc for me). Don't go out to eat all that often anyway, but if I'm out I usually stick to grilled chicken, rice and veg. Rice gets boring…

Good luck to all!!
  • Dharma143
    Dharma143 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I workout with weights, cardio walking and kettlebells. What use to work for me diet wise no longer does. I need the support to get back to where I feel the best. This extra 15 pounds has been impossible to shed.