CARB CYCLERS UNITE....

Options

Replies

• Db8688
    Db8688 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Dharma143 wrote: »
    I workout with weights, cardio walking and kettlebells. What use to work for me diet wise no longer does. I need the support to get back to where I feel the best. This extra 15 pounds has been impossible to shed.

Carb cycling got the scales moving for me! I lost a good bit the firstcou ple of qeeks and then the loss slowed to 1-2 lbs per week. But I have a hard time staying on plan over the weekend.
  • Db8688
    Options
    Well I have a new goal. Biometric screening coming up at the end of the month. Goal is to stay on plan and keep working out in the hopes they won't tell me I'm obese. My digital scales say im overweight but not obese. The screening company basis their report on waistline measurement not scales. I've been wearing a waist trainer a few hours a day for over a month now to reshape my waist area. I have loose skin around my midsection from being obese for 12 years. I have abs now but they are barely visible under the layer of skin. Also hoping I can shed another 5lbs lbs before the 29th.
  • Db8688
    Options
    pwrfl1 wrote: »
    "It will take you longer if you don't add strength training into that plan of yours. Just cardio alone will slow your metabolism and make it harder to stay lean." - fitness blender

There's a blog today on the importance of strength training too.
  • Db8688
    Options
    sarahruss2 wrote: »
    I don't think I ever answered the questions you posed when forming the group. I work out 4-5/week (kickboxing one day, and HIIT 1-2 days and then just cardio/strength/functional training for the others). Started carb cycling (decided to follow Chris Powell's carb cycling, not sure which of his cycles I will stick to though…) a couple weeks ago. I don't eat grains because of digestive issues and that sorta led me to Paleo (but with dairy) and then I tried just going low carb all the time and then the keto diet. Worked wonders at first but then I just gained weight even when I was totally low carb and low calories. So, I realized it was not going to work for me long term. I think carb cycling will work (I'm hopeful) because it can be adjusted to your lifestyle and to your day to day happenings! I added quinoa, rice, sweet potatoes and black beans back into my diet and didn't realize that I was missing the happy hormone until I did! GOALS for me:
    * log my meals (at least for a few weeks until I "get" the cycling down)
    * lose 3-4 pounds (not a lot but those pounds sure are stubborn!)
    * continue to work out and get stronger

It funny to me that most people have trouble with find a meal at a restaurant on LC days because for me that became easy -- some meat (even in a sauce) plus salad/vegetable. I still find it harder to find HC meals that are pretty low fat and that I can eat (no wheat, corn, etc for me). Don't go out to eat all that often anyway, but if I'm out I usually stick to grilled chicken, rice and veg. Rice gets boring…

Good luck to all!!

I don't like very many grains either. Oatmeal mostly but I do love fruit so I eat these two types of carbs on my high carb days. I also love sweet potatoes in the fall so I cant wait to add these in as well!
  • sarahruss2
    sarahruss2 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    anyone else find it harder to keep calories low on LC carbs? I have been ending up eating more calories on LC than HC days…not sure if that will work...
  • Db8688
    Options
    I haven't had this problem yet but I would think that overall it won't matter. I think as long as you are keeping a deficit the weight will come off. I think the plan allows for higher cal on HC days because carbs tend to be higher in calories.
  • SpectacuLaura
    SpectacuLaura Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Db8688 wrote: »
    Laura I found those assorted nut butters you mentioned at the Vitamin Shoppe and they were on sale! I didn't get any this go around. Just the raw maple almond butter gets kind of dangerously addictive and I could see me sitting on the couch with a spoon and the jar so I put it back. :)

The Buff Bake was on sale?! It is definitely sit-on-the-couch-with-a-spoon worthy but sooo worth a try if you can limit yourself. Having a tablespoon of Snickerdoodle or White Chocolate Buff Bake with my breakfast everyday is literally reason enough to jump out of bed in the morning lol
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    ky52us3nwzvx.jpg

Lol I ♡ this!

Well im in a number limbo so I am doing a yogurt thing this week and then will try try again.
  • SarahR2309
    SarahR2309 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 6 and have lost 2.4. I'm happy about it because I followed the easy plan but went off a little. I was able to stop the majority of my night time snacking.My goals are lose 20, stay active and take each week at a time. I have a question on Quest bars and net carbs. I've read online a quest bar can be a LC snack but label says 20 carbs? net 3?
  • tiffkittyw
    tiffkittyw Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Well I have a new goal. Biometric screening coming up at the end of the month. Goal is to stay on plan and keep working out in the hopes they won't tell me I'm obese. My digital scales say im overweight but not obese. The screening company basis their report on waistline measurement not scales. I've been wearing a waist trainer a few hours a day for over a month now to reshape my waist area. I have loose skin around my midsection from being obese for 12 years. I have abs now but they are barely visible under the layer of skin. Also hoping I can shed another 5lbs lbs before the 29th.

I have a biometric screening scheduled for March. The last one I did was in April and I weighed what I do now (overweight BMI). The screening only checks height, weight, BMI, glucose, cholesterol and blood pressure so thank goodness they don't pull out the tape measure too! My goal is to be at a healthy weight this time so I have until March to get there. My Tanita scale still tells me my body fat % is obese and I know my waist size is too big so reducing those numbers is also a goal of mine.

Good luck on your screening DB! :smile:
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    snringkor wrote: »
    I'm on day 6 and have lost 2.4. I'm happy about it because I followed the easy plan but went off a little. I was able to stop the majority of my night time snacking.My goals are lose 20, stay active and take each week at a time. I have a question on Quest bars and net carbs. I've read online a quest bar can be a LC snack but label says 20 carbs? net 3?

I only count net carbs so for me I use the quest bars in place of a protein all the time. They are low in sugar and high fiber which makes the carbs low impact.
  • Db8688
    Options
    Laura I found those assorted nut butters you mentioned at the Vitamin Shoppe and they were on sale! I didn't get any this go around. Just the raw maple almond butter gets kind of dangerously addictive and I could see me sitting on the couch with a spoon and the jar so I put it back. :)

The Buff Bake was on sale?! It is definitely sit-on-the-couch-with-a-spoon worthy but sooo worth a try if you can limit yourself. Having a tablespoon of Snickerdoodle or White Chocolate Buff Bake with my breakfast everyday is literally reason enough to jump out of bed in the morning lol

$9.99 Here regularly $12.99
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    These nut butters sound too good to be true !!! I'm not sure if I could restrain myself !
  • Db8688
    Options
    These nut butters sound too good to be true !!! I'm not sure if I could restrain myself !

They run about 200 per serving
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    DB. Do you think the waist trainer is helping ?
  • pwrfl1
    Options
  • tiffkittyw
    Options
    jyvoleiwxr3k.jpg

I just saw that post from Heidi on Facebook. I loved it! Pizza is yummy.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    Yep Me too ! And I just had pizza this week, my first time in over a month...... Yeah, I like to live dangerously !
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    I'm actually interested in learning more about carb cycling.
  • pwrfl1
    Options
    I'm actually interested in learning more about carb cycling.
    Welcome ! What questions do you have ?