You Know When You're in the MFP "Zone" When...

Options

Replies

• Skinny_Kitty
    Skinny_Kitty Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    msf74 wrote: »
    When you weigh yourself before and after pooping and you weigh more...

....after

^^^^^ HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

YES! How is that possible? :D
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    When you open a can of full-fat Coke because you haven't had one for ages, get about two thirds through it, then realise you've got all of the enjoyment out of it... Rather than finishing it for the hell of it, you offer it to your partner - after weighing it and subtracting the remaining calories from your log, of course!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    samgamgee wrote: »
    When you open a can of full-fat Coke because you haven't had one for ages, get about two thirds through it, then realise you've got all of the enjoyment out of it... Rather than finishing it for the hell of it, you offer it to your partner - after weighing it and subtracting the remaining calories from your log, of course!

You mean sugar, surely?
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

You mean sugar, surely?

It's a colloquial term (might be a British thing?) but yes, that's what it refers to :)

• OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    Annie_01 wrote: »
    When I lick the yogurt off the pull off foil lid.

Those are my calories and if I have to log them...I'm going to eat every last one of them.

I totally do that. And scrape every nook and cranny of the cup
  • k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

You mean sugar, surely?

It's a colloquial term (might be a British thing?) but yes, that's what it refers to :)

Yep . . . . a British thing! :D
  • threadmad
    threadmad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    When you measure out a tad over the serving amount and don't log the extra little bit, then go back and fix it, 'cause someone from MFP might be watching you.
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    nyponbell wrote: »
    When you have a slight moment of panic when you drop (part of) your treat or other high calorie food item; already weighed and logged.

It wasn't a "slight moment of panic." I saw it falling in slow motion while my mind cried "NOOOOO!!!!" But I wasn't fast enough to save my half-an-ice-cream-bar. I sobbed mentally while trying to figure out what to do- estimate the loss and subtract if from my log? Eat another bar and log it as 1.5? Did I have enough calories left for that? Oh, the conundrum.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    You break a potato chip in half so that you have exactly 30 grams
  • Bshmerlie
    Bshmerlie Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    When you trim 2 ounces off your steak and give it to your kid because you don't have the room in your calorie goal for the whole steak.
  • MissJay75
    MissJay75 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    kateyb94 wrote: »
    when you weigh your cherries, eat them, and then weigh the leftover stems and seeds because the calories for the extra 5 grams is very important.

I like this method for pitting cherries: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0nete4DZiE

Use a strong straw - I found the straws for bubble tea work great.

Also, I like to leave the stem on during the pitting process. I leave the cherry on the cutting board, thread the stem through the straw, and push down until you are through the cherry, then pull the straw back up. Usually the cherry pit stays in the cherry. Then you pull it up using the stem as a handle, instead of having to squeeze the pit back out the end of the straw.

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    nyponbell wrote: »
    When you have a slight moment of panic when you drop (part of) your treat or other high calorie food item; already weighed and logged.

It wasn't a "slight moment of panic." I saw it falling in slow motion while my mind cried "NOOOOO!!!!" But I wasn't fast enough to save my half-an-ice-cream-bar. I sobbed mentally while trying to figure out what to do- estimate the loss and subtract if from my log? Eat another bar and log it as 1.5? Did I have enough calories left for that? Oh, the conundrum.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, how did the story end???? :happy:

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    Wow, and this is all considered a "healthy" way of living?

Just make sure you're not imagining any one person doing alllll of this!

• RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    When I go the MFP "Chit Chat and Fun" forum looking for entertainment...
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,950 Member
    Options
    Bshmerlie wrote: »
    When you trim 2 ounces off your steak and give it to your kid because you don't have the room in your calorie goal for the whole steak.

The heck with the kids - I'd save the 2 ounces of steak to go with my scrambled eggs the next day!
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    Dariasen wrote: »
    You have an internal temper tantrum when dinner plans change because you prelogged.

Today, external. I don't have a healthy burrito tortilla :( the store didn't have the one I wanted.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    MissJay75 wrote: »
    kateyb94 wrote: »
    when you weigh your cherries, eat them, and then weigh the leftover stems and seeds because the calories for the extra 5 grams is very important.

I like this method for pitting cherries: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a0nete4DZiE

Use a strong straw - I found the straws for bubble tea work great.

Also, I like to leave the stem on during the pitting process. I leave the cherry on the cutting board, thread the stem through the straw, and push down until you are through the cherry, then pull the straw back up. Usually the cherry pit stays in the cherry. Then you pull it up using the stem as a handle, instead of having to squeeze the pit back out the end of the straw.

I've seen this for strawberries but it seemed pretty useless for them. Never considered using this on cherries!

• ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    OMG, I am guilty of SO MAY of these!! lol This post really made me laugh! :D