Replies

• ultrahoon
    ultrahoon Posts: 467 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    emhunter wrote: »
    ultrahoon wrote: »

That is not an assumption. That's an opinion.

All assumptions are opinions.

Hmm maybe. But all opinions are not assumptions.

True, but when your opinion is that someone with realistic goals has weighed the pros and cons, it contains an assumption. I pulled my initial goals out of a hat (figuratively speaking) and by coincidence they happened to be realistic, I most certainly did not weigh the pros and cons until much later on my journey, so as it pertains to me, that would most definitely be an assumption.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Now you want to argue semantics?
  • emhunter
    emhunter Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options

True, but when your opinion is that someone with realistic goals has weighed the pros and cons, it contains an assumption. I pulled my initial goals out of a hat (figuratively speaking), I most certainly did not weight the pros and cons until much later on my journey, so as it pertains to me, that would most definitely be an assumption.

That wasn't my opinion. I said IF they have weighed pros and cons AND have realistic expectations AND they aren't starving themselves AND they know that they have to continue eating at a deficit after the 10 days, then if they chose to see if it will help them to start their journey, then they should go for it.

You really come across as trying to have a meaningful conversation. Please look at my past posts and do not let others color your interpretation of what I actually said. I'm not saying that in a snarky or condescending way. I really just am asking for you to take a fair and non biased read of what I actually said. Because I never said what you stated.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    lynn1982 wrote: »
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    Reading along here, I am just gobsmacked that anyone would encourage someone to ingest nothing but "green smoothies" for 10 days. Not only do they sound gross, the idea of putting your body through that is just...gross. (Not to mention potentially harmful.) Shudder.

How is it harmful? This is a serious question. If I am not mistaken, the OP has not explained what she is putting into her smoothies. It is possible to eat a balanced diet in smoothie form, if one must... (I am not saying that one should - I drink a delicious one for breakfast every morning and it is packed full of vegetables, some fruit, fiber, healthy fats, and protein, although I prefer eating solid foods for the rest of the day, but that is my choice.)

She wants to do only smoothies for 10 days straight which is completely different then having one or so a day to supplement her diet which may be lacking in veggies or fruits.

Again, I ask, how is it harmful if she is getting all necessary nutrients? Boring, yes. Harmful, no.

No fat, no protein.

So if I add fat and protein to my smoothie, it magically disappears? Again, I will reiterate - she did not list her ingredients (unless I missed it) and one can certainly add fats and proteins to smoothies. It makes them more delicious.

Just to jump off the back of this. My one daily smoothie contains around 39g protein and 43g fat

• emhunter
    Options
    Now you want to argue semantics?

No giving my opinion here is not me making assumptions. There are a lot of opinions. But I won't take that label that I am assuming things when I'm not. I make a point not to make assumptions.
  • ultrahoon
    edited November 2015
    Options

True, but when your opinion is that someone with realistic goals has weighed the pros and cons, it contains an assumption. I pulled my initial goals out of a hat (figuratively speaking), I most certainly did not weight the pros and cons until much later on my journey, so as it pertains to me, that would most definitely be an assumption.

That wasn't my opinion. I said IF they have weighed pros and cons AND have realistic expectations AND they aren't starving themselves AND they know that they have to continue eating at a deficit after the 10 days, then if they chose to see if it will help them to start their journey, then they should go for it.

You really come across as trying to have a meaningful conversation. Please look at my past posts and do not let others color your interpretation of what I actually said. I'm not saying that in a snarky or condescending way. I really just am asking for you to take a fair and non biased read of what I actually said. Because I never said what you stated.

The extra 'AND's you have added change your statement significantly, the statement as quoted in a previous post contains only one if condition and zero and conditions, a very very different statement. The first statement is simplified as 'if X, then Y' the second statement is simplified as 'if W and X and Y, then Z'. If you meant option 1, I stand by my statement, if you meant option 2, I agree with you, but the actual words you typed do state option 1.

I'm not trying to troll, I'm just trying to clear up some confusion in the thread, because if the OP does come back, I wouldn't blame them for nopeing out when they see 10 pages of circular debate between a few posters.
  • riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Once you crush up food, it eliminates the processed part of it. I read that somewhere.

So if I stick my mac and cheese into the nutribullet it's no longer processed? I like the simplicity of it, but I suspect drinking the mac and cheese would be a little challenging. :smile:

Listen my food processor has a reverse feature, and I have been un-processing food for a few weeks now. I stopped eating solid foods because they contain crap that isn't good for you. I mean chewing is so..last century. I may start chewing again next month after I kickstart my weight loss.

I really don't care about your opinion though, cause this works for me. I have lost 3 lbs today, so obviously I am onto something.
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Reading along here, I am just gobsmacked that anyone would encourage someone to ingest nothing but "green smoothies" for 10 days. Not only do they sound gross, the idea of putting your body through that is just...gross. (Not to mention potentially harmful.) Shudder.

How is it harmful? This is a serious question. If I am not mistaken, the OP has not explained what she is putting into her smoothies. It is possible to eat a balanced diet in smoothie form, if one must... (I am not saying that one should - I drink a delicious one for breakfast every morning and it is packed full of vegetables, some fruit, fiber, healthy fats, and protein, although I prefer eating solid foods for the rest of the day, but that is my choice.)

She wants to do only smoothies for 10 days straight which is completely different then having one or so a day to supplement her diet which may be lacking in veggies or fruits.

Again, I ask, how is it harmful if she is getting all necessary nutrients? Boring, yes. Harmful, no.

No fat, no protein.

So if I add fat and protein to my smoothie, it magically disappears? Again, I will reiterate - she did not list her ingredients (unless I missed it) and one can certainly add fats and proteins to smoothies. It makes them more delicious.

Just to jump off the back of this. My one daily smoothie contains around 39g protein and 43g fat

Exactly.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options
    Sorry @ndj1979 can't engage with you. :s

Yet, you keep engaging with him.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

@lynn1982

None of the recipes I've seen for the 10 Day Green Smoothie cleanse have all necessary nutrients.

No fat, no protein.

None of the smoothie recipes for the cleanse appear to have similar amounts of macros.
  • emhunter
    Options

The extra 'AND's you have added change your statement significantly, the statement as quoted in a previous post contains only one if condition and zero and conditions, a very very different statement.

Yes, respectfully you have to read what I've said in its entirety. Nor did I say that "someone with realistic goals has weighed pros and cons." Seriously point out the pages where I said that. If that's there it must be some typo or I misspoke. Because I don't think I said that.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

No fat, no protein.

Exactly.

But the recipes called for by this cleanse do not.
  • Christine_72
    Options

None of the recipes I've seen for the 10 Day Green Smoothie cleanse have all necessary nutrients.

No fat, no protein.

None of the smoothie recipes for the cleanse appear to have similar amounts of macros.

Aaah ok. Didn't think to look up the ingredient list for the specific "smoothie cleanse", Doh!
  • ultrahoon
    edited November 2015
    Options

The extra 'AND's you have added change your statement significantly, the statement as quoted in a previous post contains only one if condition and zero and conditions, a very very different statement.

Yes, respectfully you have to read what I've said in its entirety. Nor did I say that "someone with realistic goals has weighed pros and cons." Seriously point out the pages where I said that. If that's there it must be some typo or I misspoke. Because I don't think I said that.

I am mistaken, the post does contain an AND clause, you're in the option 2 category in my book!

• ultrahoon
    Options

No fat, no protein.

Exactly.

I think a lot of the confusion in this thread is coming from the distinction between 'A green smoothie cleanse', and 'THE green smoothie cleanse'. While I certainly don't agree with cleanses, it would be possible to make A green smoothie diet that contained proper nutrients (possible omitting enough fibre?) but THE green smoothie diet would not contain the proper nutrients because it is a specific recipe.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

No fat, no protein.

Exactly.

Have facts ever interfered with the posts that blindly support a cleanse?

@emhunter you said that you could not engage another person, then you continued to engage them. You later said that you were done then kept posting. Your actions are saying more than any of the words you accused others of not understanding.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options

No fat, no protein.

Exactly.

I think a lot of the confusion in this thread is coming from the distinction between 'A green smoothie cleanse', and 'THE green smoothie cleanse'. While I certainly don't agree with cleanses, it would be possible to make A green smoothie diet that contained proper nutrients (possible omitting enough fibre?) but THE green smoothie diet would not contain the proper nutrients because it is a specific recipe.

Absolutely. But the title of the thread is the name of a specific cleanse with recipes. While it may be an assumption, I think it is a fair assumption it is what the OP plans to do.
  • Christine_72
    Options

No fat, no protein.

Exactly.

Yeah a 10 day juice fest with just fruit and veggies and nothing else... That would be a no go for me.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Sorry @ndj1979 can't engage with you. :s

I'm glad you realized that your reasoning is incorrect and are going to disengage from this thread.

Enjoy your evening.

Lol more assumptions. Wise people say never debate with people on the Internet. This conversation is why.

You assume that me not engaging with you is because I "realize my reasoning is incorrect" and that I won't respond to others. I will. Just not you because you don't make much sense.

I thought you were done engaging me....Or wa I just assuming that..
  • ultrahoon
    Options

No fat, no protein.

Exactly.

Absolutely. But the title of the thread is the name of a specific cleanse with recipes. While it may be an assumption, I think it is a fair assumption it is what the OP plans to do.

Oh I agree (she even refers to it as THE cleanse in her second post), I just think that point has been missed by some.
This discussion has been closed.