Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• cake21
    cake21 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My husband hides his sweetie stash so I don't find it and pig out. Normally works brilliantly but sometimes I find the stash, EAT IT ALL and then he finds a new hiding place. Today I found the stash and I put it out in the rubbish being collected tomorrow. I feel guilty but if I'd eaten it all he still wouldn't have had any...right? :)
  • nuffer
    nuffer Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Skinny jeans. Me.
    Heh. Heh heh heh.

Hah.

Confession: wife said I should try them now. On my aged frame, no less.
    (insert more chortling here)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Marissa, you're right. And same as Patricia, I was just repeating from the original list the things I haven't done..not necessarily whether I'm proud about it or not.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    bw_conway wrote: »
    I confess to never having seen any one of the Star Wars movies in its entirety. I further confess that brings me great joy.

Some of the things that I haven't done that I'm proud of:

I have never:

-Worked out with a giant inflatable ball
    -Said “we’re pregnant”, whatevs, ginormous, “that’s fab”, brain fart, or delish
    -Worn a do-rag
    -Participated in a fantasy football league
    -Done the Macarena
    -Worn Vibram 5 finger shoes
    -Owned a little yippy gerbil-type of dog
    -Posted a Facebook status update with the hope that Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg were going to give me free money
    -Posted a cliffhanger Facebook message to draw sympathy or create curiosity, ie, “At the hospital :( “ or “Worst day of my life!” and then disappeared for the rest of the day.

You guys are all white, why is this an accomplishment? Not wearing something that has a useful purpose for individuals from a different race is something to be proud of?

Two words: Melungeon hair. A do rag serves the same purpose for me it does "for a person of a different race".
    cake21 wrote: »
    My husband hides his sweetie stash so I don't find it and pig out. Normally works brilliantly but sometimes I find the stash, EAT IT ALL and then he finds a new hiding place. Today I found the stash and I put it out in the rubbish being collected tomorrow. I feel guilty but if I'd eaten it all he still wouldn't have had any...right? :)

I find it easier to write his name on it. If something definitely belongs to someone else, I wont take it without asking and I certainly wouldn't eat it all.
    But, no, he wouldn't have had any either way.

Edit to add: Marissa, I don't like the way my reply sounded. I am mixed race - specifically Melungeon which should be an ethnicity all its own, in my opinion. My skin is an olive "white", but hair is very definitely not a white person's hair. I wear do rags because I need them occasionally.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Mo, my lunches in HS were Smartfood popcorn and Dr. Pepper! My two best friends ate Doritos and Coke. We were healthy just like you! :)

Haha, this is me! I would have popcorn and Diet Coke. A well balanced meal!
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    Carlos_421 wrote: »
    I confess to never having seen any one of the Star Wars movies in its entirety. I further confess that brings me great joy.

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena
    -Posted a Facebook status update with the hope that Bill Gates or Mark Zuckerberg were going to give me free money
    -Posted a cliffhanger Facebook message to draw sympathy or create curiosity, ie, “At the hospital :( “ or “Worst day of my life!” and then disappeared for the rest of the day.

From your list, I have only:

-Done the Macarena (I was a kid when it was big so...)
    -Said ginormous (may have said whatevs but was making fun)
    -Worked out with an exercise ball (and decided it was not at all for me)
    -Owned a yippy dog (another childhood mistake)

I have also never:

-Worn skinny jeans
    -Bleached my hair
    -Worn elfish dress shoes where the toes curl up

I currently own skinny jeans.
    I used Sun In back in the day. That's sorta like bleaching?
    Never worn elfish dress shoes, I don't think...

I've never changed my relationship status on Facebook to "It's Complicated"

I own skinny jeans (multiple pairs). It's OK for females, right?!?
    I bleached my hair, on my own, with facial hair bleach when I was a teenager. :#
    I have a pair of shoes that my husband and son call elf shoes (but they don't turn up at the toe).
    My FB status has always been "Married." o:)
    I have never said "on fleek."

I have never watched The Walking Dead, CSI (any of them), How I Met Your Mother, or Big Bang Theory

I would imagine in your line of work, CSI would drive you crazy. Love the other 3 and I used to love CSI, the original, a long time ago. Don't hate me :smile:

I don't own any skinny jeans and every time I read that they are going out of style, I secretly celebrate. Now I need them to actually go out of style so I don't feel quite so dated.

I have never even heard "on fleek" or "En flique". Now I really feel old.

As far as Facebook status, I think I want to change it to "It's complicated" and post some random "worst day of my life" just to see what people would say.

I despise skinny jeans with a passion. I honestly don't think they look good on ANYONE, regardless of their gender, age, or physique. But then, I have the same opinion of leggings and all stretchy/clingy pants in general. :p

I agree with this. Unless you are a 6' 100 lb model they don't look good. But the low cut jeans were worse. The ones you couldn't wear underwear with and had to wax. A la 18 year old Britney Spears.

Hey, now! I wear skinny jeans! AND if I recall correctly, my most famous picture on here is me in skinny jeans!

I wear them too...and I love them!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena

You guys are all white, why is this an accomplishment? Not wearing something that has a useful purpose for individuals from a different race is something to be proud of?

You're right and I apologize.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena

I have also never:

-Worn skinny jeans
    -Bleached my hair

I bleached my hair, on my own, with facial hair bleach when I was a teenager. :#
    I have a pair of shoes that my husband and son call elf shoes (but they don't turn up at the toe).

I have never watched The Walking Dead, CSI (any of them), How I Met Your Mother, or Big Bang Theory

I would imagine in your line of work, CSI would drive you crazy. Love the other 3 and I used to love CSI, the original, a long time ago. Don't hate me :smile:

I don't own any skinny jeans and every time I read that they are going out of style, I secretly celebrate. Now I need them to actually go out of style so I don't feel quite so dated.

As far as Facebook status, I think I want to change it to "It's complicated" and post some random "worst day of my life" just to see what people would say.

I despise skinny jeans with a passion. I honestly don't think they look good on ANYONE, regardless of their gender, age, or physique. But then, I have the same opinion of leggings and all stretchy/clingy pants in general. :p

I agree with this. Unless you are a 6' 100 lb model they don't look good. But the low cut jeans were worse. The ones you couldn't wear underwear with and had to wax. A la 18 year old Britney Spears.

Hey, now! I wear skinny jeans! AND if I recall correctly, my most famous picture on here is me in skinny jeans!
    TigerNY128 wrote: »

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena

I have also never:

-Worn skinny jeans
    -Bleached my hair

I wear them too...and I love them!

You guys look terrific in them!! I can't pull them off which is why I'm (not so much anymore) secretly hoping for them to go away.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    Did they do something weird to it? I see stuff on the front page less recent than what's going on here.

Man, you go away for a few months and everything changes.

I think it sorts by when the thread started and this one is almost a year old.

Nope, the mods killed our thread so it won't appear on the front pages anymore. This was because a lot of members were making a stink about how we're always off topic and why aren't they locking us down.

I didn't know that. And I don't agree with it, either. How can a confession or any response to one be off topic? anyway, thanks fir educating me.

They tried to move us to chit chat but you got a bunch of weirdos when they did that. So we complained, they moved us back to general diet and weight loss, and froze us so we stayed way back as if no one was actually posting in here.

They felt that our digressions weren't related to diet and weight loss even though we kept saying we have inspired each other in so many ways and have really managed to teach each other how to lose weight, how to be sensible, inspired running and lifting and any number of other activities.
    I still don't understand why they didn't try moving the thread to motivation and support.

No idea. If you ever read through all the pages there were some people who were quite passionate about the fact we didn't belong in general weight loss.

I remember a night where some of the more blunt members of the forums came to this thread to try baiting us.

Trolls cause stress and stress causes weight gain. Therefore, by the transitive theory trolls cause weight gain. Since trolls cause weight gain, I refuse to be baited by them.

Good linkage there. Even more argument for our thread. It's a destressor.

Hilarious!

I think every time someone picks a fight in here we can all yell Yahtzee.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Yep, it's in the sink. New Year, New Beard. That's what my grandma always used to say! I shaved it off on Jan. 1 to coincide with updates in my fitness and nutrition regimens. Only the 3rd time in 13 years my chin has seen the light of day!

Confession: The next time someone compares me to Hayden Christensen, I'm gonna lose my ish and come after all y'all!

Christensen was the worst casting choice since Luke's aunt's seventies style jean jacket.

That jacket was a then contemporary wardrobe choice. (and yes I was 8 when Star Wars was in theaters the first time and I may or may not have had a crush on both Luke and Han)

Confession: My imaginary friend was Princess Leia.

I confess: I had Princess Leia Underroos - who remembers? I also had Wonder Woman!

The question is, who DIDN'T have Wonder Woman underoos?

*raises hand ever so slowly as to not be noticed.

I never did either...

Nor did I.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I love that this thread is having some new life breathed into it! :)

I confess that all this recent talk of Cheetos sent me searching to the supermarket for a big bag of puffy, cheesy goodness. I also confess that I returned home disappointed and Cheeto-less. :cry:
    I stopped by CVS and saw a bag of Sweetos . I was very tempted to pick them up.

The Sweetos were alright, but the limited edition Angie's Popcorn was better.

Sugar Cookie, Candy Corn, & Peppermint all yummy.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Mo, my lunches in HS were Smartfood popcorn and Dr. Pepper! My two best friends ate Doritos and Coke. We were healthy just like you! :)

My lunches in high school were pretzels and Diet Coke! Or Doritos and Diet Coke if I was being "bad".
    I would eat cafeteria food, but I didn't like how small the milks were, so I always bought a bottle of water. One day, someone looked at me and said, "You know the water doesn't negate the pizza"

& you didn't throat punch them?
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

If I can't have it in the house, he doesn't bring it home. If he brings it home and I find it, it's fair game for the trash can. My husband knows that... yours will learn. Haha!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena

Two words: Melungeon hair. A do rag serves the same purpose for me it does "for a person of a different race".

I find it easier to write his name on it. If something definitely belongs to someone else, I wont take it without asking and I certainly wouldn't eat it all.

Edit to add: Marissa, I don't like the way my reply sounded. I am mixed race - specifically Melungeon which should be an ethnicity all its own, in my opinion. My skin is an olive "white", but hair is very definitely not a white person's hair. I wear do rags because I need them occasionally.

I confess that I just googled "Melungeon".
    Interesting.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: I HATE when I make a hard-boiled egg and the middle of the yolk isn't quite done. EEEWWWwwwww!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Confession: I HATE when I make a hard-boiled egg and the middle of the yolk isn't quite done. EEEWWWwwwww!

I confess that I quite like the runny yolk and happily eat it that way. ;) It does annoy me when I wanted to use it for something that requires hard boiled eggs rather than soft boiled, though.
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena

So you've never seen whites wearing do-rags? I see it all the time, I just did in the gym this morning.

Lifestyles of the serially offended...
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

My lunches in high school were pretzels and Diet Coke! Or Doritos and Diet Coke if I was being "bad".
    I would eat cafeteria food, but I didn't like how small the milks were, so I always bought a bottle of water. One day, someone looked at me and said, "You know the water doesn't negate the pizza"

I would have said "It isn't about negation, dummy, it is about mitigation!"
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena

I confess that I just googled "Melungeon".
    Interesting.

My family is definitely that. My oldest brother has a red afro, olive skin like mine and freckles.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

I have never:

-Worn a do-rag
    -Done the Macarena

So you've never seen whites wearing do-rags? I see it all the time, I just did in the gym this morning.

Lifestyles of the serially offended...

Marrissa's post didn't read as offended to me, just as pointing out a different perspective that might not have been considered.

I am not sure what defines a do-rag vs similar ways of covering the hair, but I sometimes wear something similar while scuba diving to contain my hair long very fine hair which otherwise comes loose and floats in an annoying clingy cloud around my head completely obscuring my vision.