Replies

• krbkrat
    krbkrat Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Barbados or Bermuda. Out of the US
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Chicago is fun, we go a couple times a year...always a good time. It is like a busier, more expensive St Louis.

I don't think the place I'd want to live exists. It would have to be 65 degrees year round, not too dry, not too humid...snow year round too...in 65 degree weather.

I have a hard time deciding. If I stay in the US, I'd say the PNW. Otherwise...Spain.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    How about yourself @jennifer_417?
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    Well, it's back to work. Slow night so far. After this weekend, I need a slow night.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    I honestly don't know, I don't feel like I've been enough places to really decide. I've always felt like a bit of a gypsy, with no desire to settle down in any one spot forever.
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    I've tried living elsewhere but as much as I hate it at times I can't seem to leave the NY area
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I liked Seattle, Spokane WA, Kalispell MT, Logan UT and Boulder. I've lived in a lot of places in the US and even Brazil and GTMO Cuba. There are some really beautiful places out there. Cuba was gorgeous. I wouldn't want to live there but if you ever get the chance, it's beautiful. Brazil was amazing with as much diversity as the US. Southern Brazil with canyons like the Grand Canyon and the north with the Amazon. Still, I'll stay in the Northwest and enjoy my four seasons and mountains. I love calling them home.
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options

Ok, if you guys could pick anywhere in the world, where would you live?

Once I thought it was Maine...but since we're dealing in fantasy here, I'd have to say Northern California.

Pretty much anywhere north of San Jose, heading up the 101 towards Mount Shasta would suffice, but closer to the Bay Area/Marin County would be ideal.

I'd nail it down to Mendocino, but that's probably a little more isolated than I'd choose, if there were no boundaries and money were no object.

If you've been there, you understand.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I have family in Petaluma and Yreka so I've seen a lot of that area from the bay north. It makes sense why they want to split from the rest of the state. It is pretty, but the state government is pretty messed up so there's no way I could live there unless they finally do split the state.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Inside the US, Montana (That's where I'm living now). Outside the US, Brazil.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Another night off. Going to fix my son's PC and read stories to my daughter. Perfect night. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Does anyone have any spare cake? I could really go for some cake.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Time to work for the weekend. Who else is with me?
  • belimawr
    belimawr Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any spare cake? I could really go for some cake.

One of my workers brought in an Oreo cake today, I think there's some left...
    Ok, if you guys could pick anywhere in the world, where would you live?

In the U.S. guess I'd stay here.

Outside the U.S.: Ireland, Scotland, or Wales.
  • biattabrittani
    biattabrittani Posts: 836 Member
    Options

Amen!

• jennifer_417
    Options

Amen!

Mememe! I'm here!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    I love winter for the skiing. I hate winter for the slow nights. Lots of calls with the common thread of, "I can't drive in with the roads like they are. Can't I do something from home?" Well, first, if I could examine your pet I might be able to tell you what your pet needs. Second, if it's what I'm thinking, you would need your own surgical suite at home. Do you have one?
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    Things slow down in the 911 world too, at least where I am. Cake sounds yummy....
  • pokerjohn15
    pokerjohn15 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I didn't know there was a night shift group. That's awesome. Hows everyone doing tonight?
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Here.