The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    I hate days where I don't workout in some way/shape/form. I am SOOOO cranky pants right now and a lot of it has to do with not having worked out today and boys/men.

I am just done. Can't a girl just be happy without anyone wanting to change anything? Can I?! CAN I?!
    I just want to clean your house, cook for you, and have sex without any pressure of it being an actual 'relationship' that has to 'go somewhere'. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?!?!

If anyone needs me, I'll be eating my grilled chicken and broccoli that seems to be tasting like sand right now and then doing the plank position until my arms fall off. :grumble:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I didn't know there was a night shift group. That's awesome. Hows everyone doing tonight?
    Sick. Been sick since Wed. Luckily my coworkers have been awesome and I only stay for 1/2 the shift, help out with the majority of the workload and then go home and sleep. I think if by Monday I haven't improved, I am going to go see a doctor.

• arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Cleaning the house tonight since I'm off. I'm back on nights after a year and a half on days. Never thought I'd be back, but I've always loved it.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    If anyone needs me, I'll be eating my grilled chicken and broccoli that seems to be tasting like sand right now and then doing the plank position until my arms fall off. :grumble:

I'm sorry (kinda) to laugh at your misfortune but I did chuckle at the image this in my head.

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,236 Member
    Options
    I didn't know there was a night shift group. That's awesome. Hows everyone doing tonight?

Trying to decide if I want to take a nap at the start of a 72 hour shift or work out. I think nap may win. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    edited January 2016
    Options

I'm sorry (kinda) to laugh at your misfortune but I did chuckle at the image this in my head.

Laugh away. I probably will when I look back at this 'problem' but right now it's just so GOD DAMN FRUSTRATING!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    I'm over here eating a vegan (except for occasional salmon and eggs) diet. Mostly produce smoothies and beans/rice with obscene amounts of guac. Today I made cornbread that was free of most stuff people try to be free of but I did use eggs. Not too shabby. I miss cheese a lot. So far I don't feel any better but it has only been three days so I'll give it some time. I'm really stoked to see my skin improve...that alone might motivate me more! I even drank gluten-free beer over my weekend. Alcohol is inflammatory but that is the one thing on the top ten no-no lists that I'm not excluding...but at least my beer was gluten free! Gotta have a vice...
  • BodyByBex
    Options

Trying to decide if I want to take a nap at the start of a 72 hour shift or work out. I think nap may win. :smile:

Take the nap. I want a nap. Take the nap, for me. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    I'm over here eating a vegan (except for occasional salmon and eggs) diet. Mostly produce smoothies and beans/rice with obscene amounts of guac. Today I made cornbread that was free of most stuff people try to be free of but I did use eggs. Not too shabby. I miss cheese a lot. So far I don't feel any better but it has only been three days so I'll give it some time. I'm really stoked to see my skin improve...that alone might motivate me more! I even drank gluten-free beer over my weekend. Alcohol is inflammatory but that is the one thing on the top ten no-no lists that I'm not excluding...but at least my beer was gluten free! Gotta have a vice...

I have two. Alcohol and penis. And I'm off alcohol until July 1st.... :neutral:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    My GF is vegan. She isn't the preachy type either. I have tried some of her vegan stuff and it's pretty good. I mentioned that giving up cheese would be a hard for me, especially since I love mac and cheese. She introduced me to a vegan mac and cheese recipe, it's really good for not using traditional cheese. http://detoxinista.com/2011/01/move-over-kraft/

• jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options

Taking a short break from homework, pretty quiet here!
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Thanks @lacroyx and thanks @lilaclovebird...again...for the chuckles :D
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    lacroyx wrote: »
    My GF is vegan. She isn't the preachy type either. I have tried some of her vegan stuff and it's pretty good. I mentioned that giving up cheese would be a hard for me, especially since I love mac and cheese. She introduced me to a vegan mac and cheese recipe, it's really good for not using traditional cheese. http://detoxinista.com/2011/01/move-over-kraft/

I've made vegan chocolate cupcakes once. They were awesome.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Thanks @lacroyx and thanks @lilaclovebird...again...for the chuckles :D

Then he comes in here and wants to 'talk about it'. I don't WANNA TALK TO YOU! I thought I made that clear by avoiding you, doing my rounds, and then shutting my office door to eat my sandy lunch and drink my water.

I am WAY too frustrated.
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Time to work for the weekend. Who else is with me?
    Yuuuuuup, I rotate every other :( On the plus side that means the kids are with their dad and I get to go to zumba when I get off
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options
    I hate days where I don't workout in some way/shape/form. I am SOOOO cranky pants right now and a lot of it has to do with not having worked out today and boys/men.

I am just done. Can't a girl just be happy without anyone wanting to change anything? Can I?! CAN I?!
    I just want to clean your house, cook for you, and have sex without any pressure of it being an actual 'relationship' that has to 'go somewhere'. IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR?!?!

My frustrations are with me and the hubs working completely opposite shifts. The fact that he's so busy with he has going on that he really can't focus on other things....other very important things that I need him to focus on. Like the fact that I need some sexy time. Hopefully by next weekend, they'll have things wrapped up.

The fact that there are lots of chocolates out due to Valentine's Day is not helping anything either.
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    Time to work for the weekend. Who else is with me?
    Yuuuuuup, I rotate every other :( On the plus side that means the kids are with their dad and I get to go to zumba when I get off

Same here. Two on, two off. Every other weekend.

Never tried anything vegan. I love cheese and rice and such too much. I'd fail miserably lol
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Working opposite shifts definitely puts a damper on things. Apparently dirty thirty took awhile to kick in with me but now that is has...we only sleep in the same bed a couple nights a week and half of those we are tired and asleep before ten!
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    So...I finished my food(still tasted like sand) and I miraculously felt better and this was basically me to SSP.....

vlfjonqy6o40.jpg
  • bethanie0825
    Options
    ^^^ I need this picture to show my husband lmao!!! :D

Right now, the struggle is real, I can barely keep my eyes open.