The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    When I was a teen I had itty bitty titties. When I was about 20 or so I started gaining weight and also started getting boobs because of it. When I lost weight (the first time) I was so scared my boobs would disappear....they didn't!

What really killed 'em (not that they were great before anyway) was pregnancy/nursing... :s

Buuut, slap on a bra, pop them flapjacks in and no one is the wiser B)

I'm allll about that false advertising.

It feels like I've ALWAYS had big boobs, it would be nice to have small.
    Grass is always greener on the other side and all that...
    But at least I wear good bras now so back pain is null.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Titties? I can use the words titties? Hahahahahaha! Got you over on you, mfp!

You are WAY too excited about this.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    Titties? I can use the words titties? Hahahahahaha! Got you over on you, mfp!

You are WAY too excited about this.

I know, right?! I swear...sometimes...I have the mind of a 12 year old boy....
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    It is a fun word though...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    There are some things a guy just doesn't need to worry about. :smile:
  • BodyByBex
    Options

Gynecomastia is a common disorder of the endocrine system in which there is a non-cancerous increase in the size of breast tissue in males.

...You were saying? :flushed:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Yeah, but at least if they do get man titties, they won't care if they are perky or saggy...something we gals worry about.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I was...ahem..."fully developed" at 13. At my highest weight, I had to buy my bras from Lane Bryant, they didn't carry mysize in regular stores. Now they've shrunk enough that I can get them elsewhere, but I still prefer the Lane Bryant brand.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Man, when I was a big girl with not very big boobs...it was really tough finding bras that fit. Seems like the majority of big girls have big boobs so trying to find a band size big enough around but with small enough cups AND not have those bs 1/2 inch straps and thin azz band that got lost in my back fat...was tough.

My favorite bra now is a $6 kind from the dollar store! It gives me pointy pinup boobs. I used to be such a cleavage baring gal but I wore bras that gave me "modern" cleavage. I still wear pushups when I wear dresses that require one but I tend to opt for the ol' $6 pointers more often now...they go with my "look" better, lol.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    Man, when I was a big girl with not very big boobs...it was really tough finding bras that fit. Seems like the majority of big girls have big boobs so trying to find a band size big enough around but with small enough cups AND not have those bs 1/2 inch straps and thin azz band that got lost in my back fat...was tough.

My favorite bra now is a $6 kind from the dollar store! It gives me pointy pinup boobs. I used to be such a cleavage baring gal but I wore bras that gave me "modern" cleavage. I still wear pushups when I wear dresses that require one but I tend to opt for the ol' $6 pointers more often now...they go with my "look" better, lol.

I'm tiny in the band and big in the cups. I would LOVE to be able to find and fit in a $6 bra. That would be GLORIOUS to my tight budgeting, penny pinching self.
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Gynecomastia is a common disorder of the endocrine system in which there is a non-cancerous increase in the size of breast tissue in males.

...You were saying? :flushed:

And let's not forget some guys do get man boobs too, a.k.a. moobies just from being, well, fat. I speak from former experience. >_> Thankfully they have shrunk over time and though I am still about 70lbs from my goal weight, my moobies are nearly gone now.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Moobies. A word almost, but not quite as good as titties.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    $6?!?! I wait till Lane Bryant has one of their big semi-annual sales, then I get 'em for about $25.00 each. But they fit nice and last forever, sooooo...I guess I won't complain too much. I just bought 6 of 'em, so I hope I don't shrink out of 'em before I get my money's worth!
  • BodyByBex
    edited February 2016
    Options
    $6?!?! I wait till Lane Bryant has one of their big semi-annual sales, then I get 'em for about $25.00 each. But they fit nice and last forever, sooooo...I guess I won't complain too much. I just bought 6 of 'em, so I hope I don't shrink out of 'em before I get my money's worth!

I feel like I almost never get my money's worth out of a bra... :disappointed:

jt037hi3agh7.jpg

ETA: I WISH I only paid $50... :cry:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited February 2016
    Options
    For the record...those $6 bras don't last for a long time at all. Pretty flimsy. I've not wanted to invest in good pointy boobed pinup type bras since my weight (and boobs) fluctuate throughout the weight loss process. They aren't cheap either. So for now I'm loving my old lady bras from the dollar store!

@lilaclovebird Yowza! Strong and foxy...watch out boys ;)

• Frankie_Felinius
    Options
    Soooo...I'm driving to the vet appt today and I get pulled over. The vet is a sketchy neighborhood and I don't fit the look of who normally frequents the area so I just KNOW this cop is thinking I'm down there buying drugs. And I've got my mangy azz looking pit mix with me. Apparently he noticed my registration sticker was expired. I have had my sticker peeled off before in my alley and thought it happened again so I told him that. He said that my state no longer sends out reminders (budget cuts, IL...omfg...I swear...I hate this state) that they are about to expire. I asked if this is the first year and he said yes. I also only had an expired insurance card on me (we have insurance but I did not have a recent card). So my appt is at 9:30 and I got pulled over at 9:20 just blocks from the vet. I'm fa-reaking out thinking I'll be late (remember this is the THIRD attempt at our first appt with this new doc!) while he is running my stuff. He comes back at 9:27 with a warning (bless his heart!!!) and apologized for how long it took. I said my vet appt is at 9:30 a few blocks up there so I'm thrilled I'll make it in time and I told him how much I appreciated the warning.

Phew.

Nash received an allergy shot today and some prednisone. He is up to 73lbs!! He hit 55 at 2 years and has slowly put on nearly 20 lbs over the last two years. Not the least bit fat, either. They think allergies are his problem too. Well, at first the were sure it was fleas. Combed him 4-5 times and kept checking. We had a horrible flea problem with our cats in our old apartment so we KNOW what a flea infestation is like and he has NEVER been diagnosed with them. I knew that wasn't it but I let them discover that on their own. He was an ANGEL today. I thought for sure when the cop walked up to the car, he'd growl like crazy...he reeeeeeally dislikes men approaching me or my car....he doesn't even like men on the sidewalk at a frickin' stoplight. Never once growled at the cop...he was a smallish, smiley guy so I think that was part of it...Nash particularly hates guys that act real "macho"...pisses him off. At the vet it was two ladies so he was loving on them and they were loving him back. He was very well behaved and very obedient. They said the injection would burn but he didn't even flinch. As I was paying they said they wish all their pits (we live a very pit heavy area) were as good as Nash. (I told him how he hates men and dogs that aren't his family so he isn't as perfect as he seems!)

When the vet and the mailman tell you how good your pooch is and the teacher tells you how awesome your kid is...it really validates all that hard work we put into raising them right!
  • hamptontom
    hamptontom Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    five pages of thread since my last visit...wow.

i've gotta get out less.
  • BodyByBex
    Options
    hamptontom wrote: »

i've gotta get out less.

I'm probably on almost every one of those pages two or three times...I've gotta get out more...
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,205 Member
    Options
    @Frankie_Felinius - Very nice with the compliments on the dog and kid. :smile:

@lilaclovebird - Rockin' photo! Is that a new hair cut? It looks good. :wink:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    edited February 2016
    Options
    hamptontom wrote: »

i've gotta get out less.

I was JUST thinking about you!

Well, about that song lyric you mentioned...from Bang a Drum. I cannot get that out of my head. Not the song...that lyric. (Frankly, I'm not a fan of the song as is even though I looooove Bon Jovi...I've asked a musician I know to punk-ify it for me.)

It brought to mind Man In Black...not sound-wise but message-wise kinda....

Ever since you mentioned it...I can't forget about it. To the point I've thought about a tattoo...but not the actual lyric...just a representation. A tiny little drum maybe...just encouragement...to keep putting one foot in front of the other until I can't anymore.