Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• Samgrim91
    Samgrim91 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @CariTJR Well done on the run! Weather was quiet nice here as well. Didn't take advantage of it though me and the husband enjoyed the first day in God knows how long that we didn't have to leave the house! Did go for a little walk this evening though :)
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    CariTJR wrote: »
    I'm so sorry for all you UK people who don't have girlscout cookies! They are a fun treat every year.
    It's ok, one less thing to resist is a good thing! :wink:
    @CariTJR Serial is soooo good! Once your done you should also check out The Moth podcast, I'm completely addicted
    Thank you! I'm engrossed in Serial right now, and I was wondering what else I could listen to once it's finished. If you have any other suggestions just throw them out there.

Some other favorites are Freakonomics, TED Radio Hour, Stuff you Missed in History Class, StarTalk Radio, Love+Radio, Girl on Guy with Aisha Tyler, Half Size Me, Call Your Girlfriend, and Savage Lovecast.

I used to work at a really dull processing job so I'd listen to endless podcasts day in and day out. If anyone else has suggestions I'm always looking for new podcasts too!

@Rachel0778 - Love your list of podcasts! I was a very boring job a while ago and would listen to podcast to pass the time. I still listen to them from time to time. Thanks for sharing.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Great job everyone this weekend. Thanks for putting a smile on my face first thing this morning. Not getting any work done, but at least you guys are helping to motivate me. I had a horrible food weekend. I think it was a combination of weather, being bored, and feeling sorry for myself. Glad TOM is finally over. I feel as if it was here forever and a freaking day. :#:s This is a new week and it will be my best one so far. Happy Monday :( guess I better start getting to work.
  • Beehappybaby
    Beehappybaby Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    Hi! I've been a member here for a while, I dropped out for a bit and now am motivated to get back into the action. Recently joined a gym and I'm working at this. My best success was a group of people who shared almost daily and motivated and pushed each other. We shared struggles, success and just overall frustration and joy! I'm looking to find those core people again. Create friendship and get to a healthy lifestyle! I plan on checking in daily, I'm bad on the weekends, but I will try harder. Please share in this group if you are looking for a core group to help you get to where you want to be. I don't care if you have 20 or 100 lbs to lose, I promise to be a good cheerleader! =)

Hey you sound pretty similar to me. I'm new here and have found so much support and inspo and am looking to motivate myself and others!!!! Happily be in this group! :)
  • Samgrim91
    Samgrim91 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Woke up this morning feeling awful - Definitely coming down with a cold! Sat at my desk feeling really sorry for myself and have no energy whatsoever, everything aches and I just want my bed :'( - Unfortunately working for a small company (Just 3 of us in the office) going home isn't an option especially when my bosses are out the office tomorrow and possibly Wednesday. Time to drag myself through the day until home time and then go home and sleep! Only plus side is getting ill completely kills my appetite!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    My name is Karen, I am in western New York near the fingerlakes. I am married with 2 sons, 17 and 19. I turned 45 last week. Like many of you I have yoyo'ed most of my life. While I wanted to work on my weight this journey was really based on my health. For the past 5 years I have had terrible migraines. About 6 months ago I did a cleanse which involved total clean eating and found I did not have one headache so starting 11/1/15 I really cleaned up my diet. So far I have lost about 20 pounds but I have about 40 more to go. My head to WAY better and I only get the occasional headache, so yea.

The scale has so not been my friend this week but that happens so I am not going to let it bother me (too much). While I workout 6 days a week this is my killer day. I have my trainer and then I row for 500 meters followed by yoga and then pickle ball with the hubby tonight. By the time 8pm comes I am dead.

Have a great day everyone.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Congrats Sam (@samgrim91) on the loss! Sorry to hear that you're feeling awful. I hope you feel better soon!

Happy Monday Nichole (@ngolden3320). You're absolutely right that today is a new day to start fresh!

Jen (@ChangeisaDecision), do you have any podcast recommendations? I'm always looking for new ones to add to my list

Gill (@GillianSmith2) let us know how it goes with the fitbit, that sounds like a great way to start your transition

Cari (@CariTJR) amazing NSVs!!! Adding an extra mile is huge!

Karen (@FitEqualsSmile) it sounds like you're rocking the eating and exercising, keep it up!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I ended up having the most amazing weekend, but I'm definitely hung over today, ouch! Yesterday on top of a 3 hour Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class, we also went to see POS perform. Over an hour of dancing and jumping on top of practice and my body is shot. Thank goodness it's rest/yoga day. I can't believe how fantastic the weather was all weekend. I can't wait for summer so I can sit out on the porch with my coffee and my puppy more often
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday, everyone! I am so excited! This is the first Monday since who knows when that the scale actually wend DOWN instead of up since Friday! WOO HOO! And I went past the 210 mark, so onederland seems in reach now! I probably wont his it before my birthday, which I was hoping to do. But I am so close! I seem to be averaging about 4-5 lbs a month, which is slow but still progress! I will take it! Hope everyone is off to a great week!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Does any one else have a fear when they start a new activity that they will lose their strength/stamina that they built from old activities? I feel like I'm starting to get concerned over my strength/endurance because I'm focusing on sports now instead of just pure cardio/weightlifting.

I went to Muay Thai last night and had so much fun that I ended up being there for over 2 1/2 hours! The guys spent a ton of time working with my on my truly atrocious technique. I seriously can't believe how nice and welcoming they are to a newbie. This morning my body decided that 5am was a perfectly acceptable time to be wide awake (not thrilled body, not thrilled) so I went for a quick 4 miler just to make sure I haven't lost my running mojo. You don't realize how much of running is core work until you go running with a sore core, youch!

Way to go Rachel!! You are doing amazing! I can't wait for the day I can go outside and do a quick 4 miler... Someday!! Keep up the positive reinforcing and motivating! Love it!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    CariTJR wrote: »
    Well done to both Sam & Jen, great loss & great run!
    I didn't have a weight loss this week, but I can't really complain because I haven't put anything on either, and I knew the losses would slow down at some point, and that point would appear to be now...
    However, I have had a couple of really good 'wins' today, I did my monthly measure-in and i've lost another inch from everywhere, and oddly 2.5 inches from around my back.
    Also, I went for a run today, as we had lovely beautiful sunshine here (I know, shocker!), and last night I decided I was going to up my interval times, to try to push myself a bit further, as i'm getting worried i'm never going to progress otherwise, and I managed an extra mile! I also ran the furthest I think I ever have before without stopping. Weird thing was, to begin with I was finding it really difficult, but by the 3rd mile I seemed to get into a little groove with it and it actually seemed a bit easier. Very happy with that!
    Hope everyone is having a great weekend. :smiley:
    Great NSV... the scale is not the only way to tell victory!
    Way to go on the extra mile as well!! That is awesome!! Glad the 3rd mile seemed easier... you are only improving every time you are out there! Keep up the great job!!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    Happy Monday, everyone! I am so excited! This is the first Monday since who knows when that the scale actually wend DOWN instead of up since Friday! WOO HOO! And I went past the 210 mark, so onederland seems in reach now! I probably wont his it before my birthday, which I was hoping to do. But I am so close! I seem to be averaging about 4-5 lbs a month, which is slow but still progress! I will take it! Hope everyone is off to a great week!

Way to go Dana!!! Onederland is just around the corner!! You got this! I am heading that way myself! Won't be long! Such a great feeling!!! We can do this girl!! What a great way to start off your week!!
  • JillPoverud
    JillPoverud Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »

Awesome! Great discipline!
  • JillPoverud
    JillPoverud Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I definitely strayed from a healthy lifestyle this weekend, eating a donut and drinking two nights. Fresh start Monday. I've had a small breakfast and plan for cauliflower soup and chicken sausage for dinner. Plus about 10 cups of water!

I'm struggling a bit - I want faster weight loss, but I don't want to feel too restricted in my eating because I think I'll revolt against it completely, so I've been eating pretty close to MFP calories (1450 a day). I see people losing faster by eating closer to 1200 a day, don't know if I have the discipline for that.

Self-discipline is the key for me - I need to strengthen that aspect of myself.

Heading to the treadmill now! :)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Hey girls!! I had an awesome weekend! Friday we spent the day driving and shopping along the way... Then enjoyed some food and cocktails while taking the night to catch up with all my good friends! Saturday we went shopping a little more and then came home and did some crafting and eating/drinking... Stayed up way too late, especially with Daylight Savings and losing an hour! Spent Sunday traveling and then I took a nap when I got home and cuddled with my puppy who I missed so much! Not near the activity got in that I would have liked but it was wet and yucky yesterday, following the same pattern today! I didn't even try out the scale this morning as I know it will look better come Wed when the water weight evens out and I get back to normal eating and exercising... it was all worth it so I am not worried... I did pretty good on eating, it was the alcohol that got me... Here's to a great Monday and let's keeping moving forward!
    Love all the memes on Friday! You guys rock!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    I definitely strayed from a healthy lifestyle this weekend, eating a donut and drinking two nights. Fresh start Monday. I've had a small breakfast and plan for cauliflower soup and chicken sausage for dinner. Plus about 10 cups of water!
    I'm struggling a bit - I want faster weight loss, but I don't want to feel too restricted in my eating because I think I'll revolt against it completely, so I've been eating pretty close to MFP calories (1450 a day). I see people losing faster by eating closer to 1200 a day, don't know if I have the discipline for that.
    Self-discipline is the key for me - I need to strengthen that aspect of myself.
    Heading to the treadmill now! :)

Looks like the weekend trend.... =) If a less restricted plan is what you need to keep going... that's what you have to do, everyone wants a faster loss... but as long as the scale keeps going the right direction and you are happy and not feeling like revolting you are going to be happy in seeing a decline on the scale! Everyone is different and you do what you have to! Way to hit the treadmill this morning!! =)
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am back home from the gym and grocery shopping and before I start painting I thought I would check in. Monday's are always hard scale days.

Dana - great job on the lose. Onederland will be here before you know it!!!

Jill - Depending on your activity level and your current states 1200 may be too low. I was waiting that and not loosing anything. I had to increase my calories because I was burning so much. I am not the type of person to eat back what I burn and there were days I was only netting about 300 calories so be careful if you get down that low. Have fun on the treadmill...is that possible, hehe?

Shy - what a great attitude, keep it up. Glad you had a wonderful weekend.

Keep rockin' it.
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    ifrn0nt18vnk.png
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    LMAO! That was so me Dana on Sunday!! Love the meme!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options

Jen (@ChangeisaDecision), do you have any podcast recommendations? I'm always looking for new ones to add to my list

The one I always find so motivating is The Chalene Show (Chalene Johnson) She the creator of Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire .... I love her podcast. She keeps it real about health, exercise, nutrition. I like Half Size Me too.... I think you mentioned that one. Great tips, tricks, ideas.