Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    be9c5of521kj.png

I tried spinning for the first time today...not for me at all!! I found it really tough but not at all enjoyable! Whereas last week the boxercise and circuits were tough but I enjoyed them (in a weird way!!)
    Had a great weekend but as usual ate and drank way too much of the wrong stuff!! And it's st Patrick's day this week so it's going to be a long weekend of partying!! Great fun but not good for weight loss!!! Oh well!!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    tazzy2911 wrote: »
    I tried spinning for the first time today...not for me at all!! I found it really tough but not at all enjoyable! Whereas last week the boxercise and circuits were tough but I enjoyed them (in a weird way!!)
    Had a great weekend but as usual ate and drank way too much of the wrong stuff!! And it's st Patrick's day this week so it's going to be a long weekend of partying!! Great fun but not good for weight loss!!! Oh well!!
    I hear ya Sinead! This week could be bad! ;) I'm going to limit myself with just Thursday night though so most of the damage will be avoided! =)
    Sorry you didn't like spinning but kudos to you for trying a new class!!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Had to share this... it's so true!!!

7350_1720890944834989_8197939583478644825_n.jpg?oh=a2afb28decf5d056ca44dd21663f620e&oe=57872281
  • danan01
    danan01 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    @Samgrim91 - Great job on the loss! I hope you start feeling better soon!

@jkhoffe - Way to go on the 7k! That beer was well earned!

@CariTJR - Inches lost! Great NSV! And good for you for pushing yourself through the run!

@GillianSmith2 - Good luck with the calorie adjustments. I hope it works out for you that way! It's nice to have a few more calories to play with!

@ngolden3320 - Glad to hear this week is starting off better than last!

@FitEqualsSmile - Great job on the 20 lb loss so far! Its awesome that eating clean has helped with your headaches! That is a great side benefit!

@Rachel0778 - Sounds like a good weekend! I'm definitely with you on summer! I can't wait to be outside all the time!

@JillPoverud - I think weekends seem to be a struggle for most of us! I had my calorie goals set at 1200 when I started out, but I ended up changing them because that was just too low for me. Its nice to have a few more calories to work with, and still lose weight!

@ShyCush6 - Sound like you had a fun weekend! It's always the alcohol that gets us! But great attitude and way to get back at it!

@tazzy2911 - Great job for trying something new-but you gotta stick with something you enjoy!
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Jen (@ChangeisaDecision) thanks for the recommendation, I'll definitely check her out!

Shy (@ShyCush6) sounds like you had an amazing weekend! I love that saying you posted, I'll have to make sure to check myself out in the mirror more lol

Sinead (@tazzy2911) I agree completely. I love boxing but spinning doesn't do it for me. And they couldn't make those seats more uncomfortable if they tried!

@Dana (danan01) You are so close to onederland!!! What a fantastic accomplishment!

Jill (@JillPoverud) What you don't see with people who lose weight on 1200 calories a day is that the number may be going down but since they are eating below their BMR they are also losing muscle mass. Unless the arbirtrary number on the scale is your sole objective, you really don't want to do that to yourself!

• bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
  • bluepoppies777
    bluepoppies777 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Hi lovely ladies!! Sounds like everyone had a great weekend and we are off to a good start on a Monday. We all know the weekends are more of a struggle, with no work routine, more socializing and drinks, etc. But I see the determination is there in all of us to get back to it right away on Mondays. And that in itself is a win! I have to look at it like this healthy lifestyle is just that, my new lifestyle - that I will be sticking with through the mini ups and downs of diet/exercise.
    My husband's truck transmission blew on the weekend, yikes! So we are down to one car until that gets fixed. It's going to be expensive, but looking at the positive - it's spring now, and one of us can bike to work, so I get some built in exercise on those days! I probably wouldn't have started biking to work this early (it was only 5 degrees C this morning when I left), but hey, it sure puts me in a good mood on the days that I bike!
    Have a great day everyone! Keep up the good work!
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Sucks about your husbands truck Joy, but what a way to turn it into a positive and bike to work instead - go you!
    Not long back from Running Club and I am totally over the moon right now, got to Club after having missed last week (the locked out incident) and coach says "we're going to run the entire route tonight non-stop", my response? "that's what you think buddy!", I just thought no way am I going to manage that, 6 min intervals to running non-stop for nearly 4 miles? Not a chance. I'll do my best though....and guess what? I DID IT!! 3.45 miles in total without stopping once, not even up the big hills, and then we even jogged back to the car park meeting point. I really truly can't believe I did it. I have amazed myself that I can run that far. I've called my Mum, my bestie, i've been jumping up and down in the kitchen, my OH has gone to bed now, I think i've done his head in because I just won't shut up about it (he is very proud though he says) hahaha. You can keep your weight loss on the scales, this has got me buzzing like a bee. What shall I do tomorrow, I don't know, how about run a 5k just for fun? Because I can do that you know.... :wink: *doing the happy dance*.
  • tazzy2911
    tazzy2911 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    That's amazing cari! Well done you!!!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
  • Legacy_Dream_Legend
    Legacy_Dream_Legend Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I have 100 lbs to lose. It's been over a ten year span that I gained all this weight, hope it doesn't take that long to get it back off! I'm a single parent of 2 teenagers and work 50+ hours a week, so sometimes I just don't have time. There is an app 7 minute workout that I try to do at work if nothing else. I can't promise I will always be on here to chat ans swap stories, but I will try.
  • Legacy_Dream_Legend
    Legacy_Dream_Legend Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I also do not know how to add people as friends ha ha
  • GillianSmith2
    Options

Hi everyone. I have 100 lbs to lose. It's been over a ten year span that I gained all this weight, hope it doesn't take that long to get it back off! I'm a single parent of 2 teenagers and work 50+ hours a week, so sometimes I just don't have time. There is an app 7 minute workout that I try to do at work if nothing else. I can't promise I will always be on here to chat ans swap stories, but I will try.

hello and welcome. Post has often as you can. We have a great bunch of people on here who will help you along the way :)
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    It sounds like everyone had a great weekend.

I have had my first full day of my new calories and so far so good. I have managed to eat a little bit more and with the exercise I am doing daily managed to NET my calories at 1250. Only time will tell :)
  • wannabpiper
    wannabpiper Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Gibbsy21 wrote: »
    I have maybe 70+ lbs to lose, and sometimes, I just wish I could do one thing and have the weight all gone. I keep trying to convince myself that it is easy. That all I have to do is eat less than I normally do and excerise more. But its hard to stay motivated, so maybe this can help me because I think I could use a little push.

I've felt this way for many years, but lately I'm reading more and more about how we should make small adjustments to our eating habits and try to lose slowly. I guess it depends upon how much one wants to lose, but I'm happy with small amounts over a long time. It took me a long time to pack on the weight, so I'm thinking it'll take a long time to lose it. Whenever I have a high calorie day, I try not to get down about it and make it worse. It sounds like you've got a great attitude toward this journey.
  • JillPoverud
    JillPoverud Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    @bluepoppies777 - such a great attitude! My hubby and I reference our eating and exercise changes as our healthy lifestyle. It's for the long haul. And some celebrating and decadence enjoyed along the way is great - life is meant to be enjoyed.

Thanks all for weighing in on the 1200 calories idea. Your support does make a difference.
  • ngolden3320
    ngolden3320 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Good Morning Girls

Hope everyone had a good Monday. Mine wasn't bad even with losing a hour of sleep.

Cari, Great job with run club. Way to nail it.

I beat my distance on the bike last night. Last time in 35 minutes I went 7.9 miles, last night I went 8.09 miles in the same 35 minutes, and I didn't have to bust my butt like I did last time.

Hope everyone has great Tuesday. Keep up the good work.
  • arnegetsfit2016
    arnegetsfit2016 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey, I want to be a member of this group :-)
  • CariTJR
    CariTJR Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Welcome all newbies!

Ok, a proper post rather than me just running in (get it? RUNNING, ha!) and then out again –

Gill – How’s it going with the calorie adjustment? I guess it’s still a bit early to tell really. I was just wondering as I’m now considered ‘active’ according to Fitbit, but set as sedentary on MFP, I’d be interested to see what results you get from changing the settings.

Nichole – You and me both with the bad weekend. I went to watch my football team play on Sunday, or should I say ‘not play’ as we lost and got knocked out of the cup. First thing I did? Head straight to the local chip shop and then to the pub – oh dear! But how amazing that you added an extra mile to your bike distance in the same amount of time, that’s a lot!

Samgrim – Did I miss your real name? Apologies. Sorry you had to go to work poorly, nothing worse than having to drag yourself into the office when you feel naff. Hope you feel better soon.

Karen (@fitequalssmile) – That’s an amazing positive that your headaches have all but gone. There’s definitely a lot to be said for eating healthily, it’s not just about weight loss, so many other things are affected.

Rachel – Sounds like you had the most amazing weekend, but who are POS?

Dana – Losing over a weekend? Now that is a massive achievement. Big. Huge in fact. With so many of us struggling so badly from Fri-Sun that is amazing, well done you!

Jill – You do what you need to. I stick pretty much to 1200 during the week, but let’s face it, my weekends tend to be rubbish, so in all honesty all those extra calories I bank during the week are like my buffer zone. No point in dropping to 1200 if you can’t stick with it, you’d only end up going over anyway and that defeats the object. I find eating at 1200 pretty easy during the week, what I need to work on is the fact that my self-discipline appears to take a hike when work finishes at 5pm on a Friday, and doesn’t reappear until Monday morning…

Shy – A weekend of drinking, eating and shopping with good friends? Sounds perfect.

Jen – I’ll check those podcasts out too, I’ve only just started getting into these but there are some really great ones
    Rachel has directed me to.

My OH told me last night that MY healthy eating has resulted in HIM losing half a stone... I think this will now just be an excuse for him to drink more beer lol.

I'm still on a bit of high after last night, I think this is going to be a good week! Hope everyone else has a good one too. :smiley:
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    danan01 wrote: »
    ifrn0nt18vnk.png

@danan01 LOL! So true.... Darn that one hour we lost. Oh well... guess I'll go twice when we fall back! :D