What nobody tells you about losing weight

Options

Replies

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    ebaroldy wrote: »
    I wonder if I'm the only one here with this one but...
    Wanting food to make you happy when you're not, and you're unable to, as food is no longer there for you, other than to nourish your body

Does that make sense?! If you were to ask me last year- what do you enjoy doing, what's your favorite hobby/activity? EATING!! It made me (temporarily) relieved of stress and it was something I looked forward to.. Pretty much the only thing I looked forward to for fun!

Now when I'm bored, and I have an off day once a week to get a little craving out of the way, or a family member is diagnosed with cancer/other things life throws at you, and your stomach just doesn't WANT food for comfort... BUT YOUR BRAIN DOES! And you don't know what to do! Because food was your life, and now it's not, and it's time to get out and find something that makes you happy!

Physical changes and having to deal with the mental changes just being a tad bit behind!

YES!!! Just the other day I was super upset about something and I said to my husband "It was so much easier when I could just 'eat' my feelings! I'm sick of this crying 'sh#t'!"

Going through this for the last few days, it would be easier to just eat my feelings, and I have had some indulgences, but I decided to focus on the diet being better and it keeps my mind of the other stuff. I am also good about going to the gym to get rid of stress and anxiety now.
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    I forget that the smaller you are, the less wiggle room there is between sizing. All it took was dropping about 4lbs and I dropped another pant size. @_@

Totally agree. I bought some size 10 dress pants a month ago, and despite only losing 3-5 pounds, they are getting too big. Losing inches apparently...
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    I forget that the smaller you are, the less wiggle room there is between sizing. All it took was dropping about 4lbs and I dropped another pant size. @_@

Oh I remember this effect when I was smaller lol, so ready to get back to that. It has literally taken me 25-30 lbs just to go from a 16 to 12. My "big" mini goal at the moment is to get to a 10, and hoping it doesn't take nearly as much to get there as did to get a 12!

• Dreamer_Aly
    Dreamer_Aly Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    This makes me smile ☺️
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!