Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Hi, rumors are rampant that this will be over soon. It can't end soon enough for me. I got in a fight with my strike supervisor over his hoarding of tools (and he is mad at me for going through his filing cabinet drawers (looking for a rubber band for my hair) and finding the tools). I am pretty sure he has been ordering all new tools for his guys under the auspicious of getting tools for us, the "EWA" (emergency work assignment) employees, and then holding onto them. We have been working with an insufficient quantity of tools, and with all the older, crappy tools when he has been ordering stuff for 'his guys' and holding onto it. Now he is locking his office area every day, which is even more annoying as there is stuff in there like paper, etc. we need but he is being childish.

We were already having a bit of a falling out over these huge cases of water he was buying to give to the striking workers, and I helped myself and my co-workers to a few bottles one Sunday when I was up in his office (it was a case of like 48 bottles) and he was annoyed about that. In my opinion you should first be buying water for the people who have come in to help out during this difficult time, before you worry about the guys blowing horns at us and calling us scabs every day.

So, needless to say, things aren't too comfortable around here. I am going to try and get myself moved if this continues. I don't enjoy killing time all day in an overstaffed CO when I could be adding value somewhere else, working with someone who is buying new tools for his 'guys' and holding out on the people who have put their lives on hold and are working their butts off in jobs they are unfamiliar with, 1,000+ miles from home, while he enjoys a daily food allowance and the ability to restock his supplies while pretending to do it for his EWA workers.

Today he did nothing to prep us for work, so he was going to have 4 people here with zero work to do (3 of whom are earning time and a half) until I complained about that and they told 2 people to take today off. So it's me and lazy sourcing guy today. I am going to work on my expenses and hope we get some work in to pass the time. Oh, and note, in my position in the company I earn nothing additional for the work I am doing (Directors and above get zero additional pay for the EWA work...fun).

Sorry for my bit of a rant in here... it's been a tense few days. I clearly have been practicing my 'winning friends and influencing people' skills... not!

This sounds like a nightmare. I hope it ends soon and you get back to a regular schedule.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Isn't what he is doing somewhat illegal? Along the lines of theft?? Hope it all gets worked out soon and you can get back to your normal life.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    We had heard over the weekend (rumor mill) that they had reached an agreement. I thought we would be done by Wed. Now they are hearing 6/1. I am quite disappointed. I had my 'return to work' outfit all planned and since I have tomorrow off I thought today would be my last day here (they have 72 hours to return to work).

Taking PK to the groomer tomorrow at 7 am. WHY didn't I schedule that later so I could sleep in? Should be interesting... a cat getting groomed!
  • Blshumway2010
    Blshumway2010 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    So I thought maybe we could all use this to get something off of our chests. Confess to anything pertaining to your weight loss journey, it may even be a helpful tip for others! :)'

Please please PLEASEEEE refrain from being mean. :)

Here goes it!

I wear a trash bag under my clothing when I exercise and also for about half of my day.
    Yeah it's not as sophisticated as a Wrap or Those belly wrap things but honestly I like it better. It covers my whole upper body besides my neck, head, and arms. Maybe one of you do the same thing :P

I have a sauna suit for work outs that I used to wear on my walks. Same basic idea as the trash bag I am assuming. I dont wear it any more because I put a huge hole in the pants when I went to put it on over my leggings one day.

I dont really have a confession for my weightloss journey that I can think of. I am sure I have something that would qualify but I must not realize that I do it or something. LOL...blame it on Mom brain
  • Blshumway2010
    Blshumway2010 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Laurend224 wrote: »
    I can't do any type of jumping jacks or running without my belly smacking the top of my thighs. It's really embarrassing. Going to talk to a surgeon about a panniculectomy. Three kids and yo-yoing between 140 and 252 a few times wrecked my belly.

I know the embarrassing feeling. v.v

I am the same way.
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    We had heard over the weekend (rumor mill) that they had reached an agreement. I thought we would be done by Wed. Now they are hearing 6/1. I am quite disappointed. I had my 'return to work' outfit all planned and since I have tomorrow off I thought today would be my last day here (they have 72 hours to return to work).

Taking PK to the groomer tomorrow at 7 am. WHY didn't I schedule that later so I could sleep in? Should be interesting... a cat getting groomed!

Now they are just making me mad! they are playing with your emotions.

I have to schedule appointments for the morning. If I don't I am sure to get started on some project and loose track of time.
    I really hate missing an appointment of anything that I have commented to.
  • raymax4
    Options
    bchrispell wrote: »
    So I thought maybe we could all use this to get something off of our chests. Confess to anything pertaining to your weight loss journey, it may even be a helpful tip for others! :)'

Please please PLEASEEEE refrain from being mean. :)

Here goes it!

I wear a trash bag under my clothing when I exercise and also for about half of my day.
    Yeah it's not as sophisticated as a Wrap or Those belly wrap things but honestly I like it better. It covers my whole upper body besides my neck, head, and arms. Maybe one of you do the same thing :P

I have a sauna suit for work outs that I used to wear on my walks. Same basic idea as the trash bag I am assuming. I dont wear it any more because I put a huge hole in the pants when I went to put it on over my leggings one day.

I dont really have a confession for my weightloss journey that I can think of. I am sure I have something that would qualify but I must not realize that I do it or something. LOL...blame it on Mom brain

I am just the opposite. No trash bags for me. I am very capable of sweating with the least provocation. A trash bag would turn me into a salt lick that could rival Lot's wife.

Warm weather (any day over 50 degrees) and I'm jumping into my shorts and sleeveless top. Low temps make me feel I am in runners heaven.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    After not doing squats for 2 weeks, this is me today and most likely tomorrow.
    4rw8gq1mfucu.gif
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Confession today most of my calories have come from various granola.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Hubby asked me how long it took me to recover when I lost my voice before. I just looked at him blankly.
    He has lived with me for 33 years, longer than any other person. I assure you that he has never seen me speechless. Gotta love the man.

I still remember when I lost my voice when I was cashiering a few years ago & had to whisper. The one customer asked why I was whispering.

Judge-Judy-Eye-Roll-Thumb.gif

I wanted to say why do you think?

I had to tape a note to my counter once explaining I could not speak.....

I'm way behind here but thought I would check in.

I had to do the same thing at my old job when I lost my voice too. :)
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I have somehow arrived at a station in life where I spend about 90% of my waking hours doing things that I HAVE to do versus doing things that I actually WANT to do
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    After not doing squats for 2 weeks, this is me today and most likely tomorrow.
    4rw8gq1mfucu.gif

I will never, I repeat NEVER get tired of watching this gif. I laugh EVERY SINGLE TIME!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    @Bry_Lander. Sorry...that's what adulthood does for you.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Bry_Lander wrote: »
    I have somehow arrived at a station in life where I spend about 90% of my waking hours doing things that I HAVE to do versus doing things that I actually WANT to do

@Bry_Lander Loving the new profile pic. Where were you diving? Hubby and I got certified a few years ago, and went diving in Belize, and haven't been able to get back to it.
  • bennettv
    bennettv Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs and didn't like the extra attention I was getting from men. I gained all the weight back!
  • raymax4
    Options

You have 1.7 hours a day doing what you want to do? I'd like that plan!
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options

@Bry_Lander Loving the new profile pic. Where were you diving? Hubby and I got certified a few years ago, and went diving in Belize, and haven't been able to get back to it.

Thank you! This pic was a dive in the Mayan Riviera in March. I have always wanted to dive Belize
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2016
    Options

Thank you! This pic was a dive in the Mayan Riviera in March. I have always wanted to dive Belize

Awesome! Belize was terrific. We didn't do the Blue Hole, though. We were in Plascencia.