Lost my post.
    New hub does not work.
    Still can't believe what's happened.
    :'(:#:'( Heather in the non UK
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Carey – N Alberta – I have ‘sleep apnea’ and YES, definitely, being fitted with a C-pap will make all the difference in the world. I slept 12 hours the first night I had it. Now I sleep at least 7 per night; but, if you only use it for 5 per hour, your insurance (Medicare and/or regular) will pay for the machine and supplies. I ‘rent’ my machine; that way they will ‘service’ it for “free”. The one I now have is very quiet, you can hardly tell that it is ‘on’. I use the ‘wisp’ mask which only covers my nose and that area between my nose and mouth. I could not tolerate a half- or full-face mask because I am claustrophobic – really bad. It will also help with your weight-loss, too. It did for me. I’ve lost 43lbs. since last May (a year ago). Usually 1 – 2lbs a week on an average. Taking it off slowly in hopes that it will stay off. Using MFP to track all my CI/CO. I’m on a medical weight loss program, so my daily CI is very low. My CO is pretty high and I only drink water or coffee with my meals.

Joyce, Indiana – Is your DH’s ostomy bad permanent or temporary? My sister had to wear one, temporary when she had bowel obstruction that almost killed her. A neighbor was her MD and he let it get so bad that she about died. She went to the ER and another MD diagnosed the blockage. She had to have a section of bowel taken out and wore the bag until it healed. She ‘hated’ it and was very self-conscious about it.

Don't know what it means for UK to vote to be out of EU; I'm sure there are people on each side of the vote (for and against). Sounds like the US is going to be the same with our elections in November, lot of unrest and it is going to get so 'dirty' between now and then. We'll all be sick of both parties by the time it is over.

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,669 Member
    Options
    morning peeps-
    I we-knee'd out at the last moment and didn't ride in to work, I rode to the train station. there is a point where either I'm gonna go to work OR turn and go to the train station. as I was feeling the cold win and sprinkling, I didn't bring any rain gear so I said, nope, take the damn train!

maybe if it's nice enough, I might ride home to make up for it. we'll see, maybe not :0/
  • freidaws
    freidaws Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Think it was Marcelyn said all us Texans and soon to be Texans could meet up in College Station with Cheri-soon-to-be-in-Texas-but still in Ohio now... Sure, why not? It's only a six and a half hour drive. :D Love Tex:cold_sweat:

Hey, I'm game. It's a 2.5 hour drive from Dallas. I might convince Re in Texas to ride together.

Happy Friday everyone! I'm at work and trying to muster up some "want to" so that I can clear my desk. I should bring in a cot and just bunk here till I'm done. I want to retire and move back home to Florida. However, every time I think about moving home, I think....hmmm "humidity" vs. "heat". Heat wins for the moment. I do love Texas; it's the Texas attitude I really like. Texans are really proud people of their state. We've been here 8 years and it's one of my favorite places to have lived and worked. My husband and I met in late life....early 40s and we've been married now almost 22 years. I kiss:disappointed: too many toads before meeting him. We neither had any children of our own. However, we have quite a few "pseudo children" who call us Mom and Dad. We are fulfilled.

One of our "daughters" whom we met after arriving in TX at the church we began attending is moving from TX to Nashville, TN being transferred with her job and I'm really having a hard time of it. She comes in and out a lot; still single at 32 waiting for Mr. Right. She's beautiful inside and out, but struggles with her weight as I do. She's leaving 7/8 to get herself settled, lease an apartment and then will return to get the movers in to move her. My husband is feeling the emotional pinch as well. So, I don't even have a "natural" only child, but I think I can imagine how you Moms feel when there's a life change with the children growing up and going their separate ways in life. Just think how well you did in raising them.......I have a friend who would LOVE to get her son out the door for the chance to live his own life. So, it really is a very positive change.

Carol: I wish you well with those renters. I also have some property that I rent and it was a nightmare until I turned it over to a property management company.

Have a great day ladies!
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Re in TX: WAHOO!!! Smaller clothes sizes are proof of success! WTG!!! I think they're among the very best NSV's. (For any newbies, NSV=Non-Scale Victory.) :bigsmile:

Grits: Over the years I taught in elementary school and middle school. The first year at middle school was very hard, but I fell in love with 8th graders and enjoyed teaching them after that. :smiley:

Pip: "I'm at 501.6miles!!! I'm at 9th place in the state and 1st female (for the moment) as far as miles ridden!!" WTG! You are doing so well! :star:

Carey: I hope the CPAP will be a big help so that you can get healthy sleep. :flowerforyou:

Heather: Sorry you're disappointed in the election results. I have no idea at all of the implications of this vote. I hope it doesn't cause you major problems on a personal level. :noway: (((HUGS))) Will it make travel more difficult? :cry:

I've been having trouble sleeping in my own bed for months because of shoulder and neck pain. It finally dawned on me that my pillow might be part of the problem. I bought a new one that is just ordinary hollow-fill to replace the sculpted foam one, and had a much better night's sleep last night. This morning my neck doesn't hurt! WIN!!

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Katla - I think DOGD decided that she did not want to teach elementary school-aged kids, because they don't always listen and she doesn't think she could handle that. At 5'-nothing" - the 9th - 12th graders would be so much taller than she is, she's not sure she could handle them (although when she loses her temper she can be pretty forceful) and most of them would be sitting in the Principal's office on in 'detention'. She's thinking 6th - 8th graders would be the easiest to teach and hopes she can be the type of science/biology teacher like the one she had. She made the subject(s) interesting and they did a lot in class that was interesting.

Lenora
  • pipcd34
    Options
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I love my C-Pap. I remember the second sleep study wearing the C-Pap. Slept all night!

Lenora, yes it is permanent. He realizes that and knows that it will eventually make life livable again. Right now it's just getting through the healing process and getting this bag thing down pat. We did get an appointment at 11 AM. For you that know me, that is early. I am usually sound asleep at that time. Well she didn't think it was blistering due to all these bag leaks. She said it looked more like a fungal rash that was a reaction from antibiotics in the hospital even though that was a month ago and the heat. She also had him stand up and look at his stoma and saw what a big part of the problem was. So hopefully that will be fixed with the bag she put on him, the two sample bags and sample bags she asked the company to send us. Remember the awful swish and swallow yellow stuff you have to use for thrush in your mouth???? It comes in a powder form that I will use on his belly. It made me feel better, she said I was doing everything I was supposed to be doing. What he is not doing is his willingness to even think about learning to change this bag that he will live with the rest fo his life.

I agree with what others have said about what is happening in the UK. You all have the same kind of feelings we will have with out elections come November,

We are having our annual Freedom Festival this weekend and we usually try to get one of the big military show plane teams. This year they are from Canada. Right now they are practicing and we here them all the time. We have never paid the ticket to go downtown to see the show.

Joyce, indiana
  • Pamela_June
    Pamela_June Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Hi all.... I have been MIA for a while.... really busy at work, and when I get home it seems to be time for bed before I know it!

Weather in Utah has been hot.. it will be a good weekend... I have no big plans, just going to do what ever happens! Well except the usual... laundry.. cleaning...yardwork...YIKES what I weekend !!!

Take care .. and enjoy!!!
  • pipcd34
    Options
    my heart goes out to you jmkmomm - hang tuff
  • Charleen2
    Charleen2 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Lenora - Thanks for the offer of Tux but I already have 2 cats. They are both indoor cats so they can't get to Bugs to do the deed. Loki is a hunter and I have to watch him carefully when I let them out in the backyard because he has caught the unwary bird and brought it to me. Sigh.

Once had a real hunter of cat and he was an indoor cat. Caught a field mouse in the basement, killed it then brought it up and laid it on my chest while I was in the bed sleeping. Yes, the mouse was still warm, but dead.

Carey - N Alberta - right now I feel like Elmer Fudd. At least Bugs hasn't hit my carrots yet.

Bunnies -1 Charleen - 0 :*

Was so exhausted from yesterday's activities I overslept and did not see if Bugs came back again this morning. The garden looks untouched and I did not see a wiggling furry tail all day. I'm not counting this as a 'win' yet as I have discovered Bugs is a wiley creature indeed. Maybe in a few days when I don't see evidence of the scamp I will claim a point for me.
  • Katla49
    Options
    Leonora: It would be nice if your DOGD could volunteer in some classrooms in the age range she is thinking about. I don't think any age is easy, but some people are more suited to one age group than another. I never intended to work at 8th grade level, it just happened in a budget shortfall year when some folks were laid off and others were transferred to different positions. I was lucky enough to learn to love eighth graders, but the first year was H@ll. :devil: I was lucky enough to land in a team of teachers that helped me every day in every way that first year. :heart:

Heather: I thought the UK voted to leave the EU, but not to dismantle itself. Am I confused? Britain, Wales, Scotland, & Ireland are still the United Kingdom aren't they? Our stock market took a fall because of this news, but I suspect it will be temporary. I'm confident your system will right itself but have no guess what the time frame will be. You may not have the best currency exchange rate for a while, but it might be fine once the dust settles & the government reorganizes itself. I have no idea how that works or how long it takes. I hope you and DH are okay. Plan to visit the US & Canada for your next trip while the dust settles. (((HUGS)))

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

“Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time.” Thomas A. Edison
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,325 Member
    Options
    <3
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening Ladies,

Freida, welcome. I know it’s been a few days since you joined us but I got a little behind, which happens. You will love the support and information her so come often.

Re, specifically what kind of cold cuts do you eat? I love fresh sliced deli ham and turkey but my DH also buys packaged lunch meat and I won’t touch those. Just too many additives for me. He has a sandwich most days for lunch and he just keeps losing weight while I eat salads and stay on my plateau. It’s just not fair….**whine, whine, whine** (maybe I need some cheese with this whine?) drinking-wine-smiley-emoticon.gif

Pip, what are you doing asking that the monthly fee be sent to you??? You know I am the treasurer this year and all money should be sent to me!

Betty, good girl for getting back to healthy eating. It’s ashamed that we miss certain foods from time to time but I feel so much better on the lighter side so I’ll stick with it.

Cheri, I love the crochet. Not that I like anything to do with the beach or the sea, you understand. sunscreen-smiley-emoticon.gif Such talent!!!

Carey, sorry to hear about that hole in your chin. Glad mine is only there sometimes cause I’ve lost what shelf I used to have and it goes right to my stomach. Thanks for the tip on the Dawn for stains.

Larisa, glad to hear you are loving the new job. Do keep us informed.

Mary, I just love seeing you posting!!! Gosh I missed you. Are you still having to watch your time online? Just so glad you are better.((((Hugs)))) A huge congrats-smiley-emoticon.gif on the loss.

Heather, I hope the vote went the way you wanted and if not I still hope it works out to be a good thing. (later) Trust me, we have had elections go the wrong way to my way of thinking and until the last two, none of them harmed the country in the long term. I hope your upset will pass quickly. ((((Hugs))))

Barbie, my line dance teacher did tell us how to find the dances online but I can’t even find time to keep up here. lol

Janetr, OMG I never even thought about all the calories in a tooth if you swallowed it!!! I’m happy the crown went so easily. It’s been years since I had one and it took a week to get it. yahoo-grinning-smiley-emoticon.gif

Allie, when talking about $$ to take, won’t you also need food and ?????. But my question is, do you pay cash for your gas? Tell him to give you $3 or 400 and a credit card. 

Joyce, so sorry you are having such problems getting a good seal on the bag. I know that “stuff” can really irritate the skin. Sending good thought for both of you. ((((Hugs))))

Ok, to all you ladies (YOU PEOPLE) that keep posting cake and other dessert recipes, if you are going to do such things, you need to post the calories with it. That seems only fair and may help some of us just pass it byeating-a-whole-cake-smiley-emoticon.gif or not.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto any Newbies that I missed. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Last night we had our first HOA meeting in over a year and a half. The association is finally turned over to us, the homeowners and I was elected to the board again. The nice thing was that I saw people I haven’t seen in that length of time and a few of them raved about how marvelous I look. Gee that’s good for the ego and a reminder to keep eating right! I’ve had to read really fast and actually skip a couple of pages but hope to stay caught up for a while. Congrats to the grads, the victories and any other celebrations. Sending love and good thoughts to all of you and I hope you all have a Happy and Healthy Day! 65.gif
    Words I live by:
    Savor. I have to slow down and savor every bite.
    and
    Opportunity. Each day offers new opportunities for good health and happiness if we just look for them and choose them.
    I Love you, blow.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Today I logged for the first time in quite awhile.

Breakfast: granola, 1/4 cup walnuts, drizzle of honey with milk
    morning snack: 1/4 cup peanuts
    Lunch: skipped
    afternoon snack: 3 prunes
    dinner: 1/3 cup green beans with 1 slice of bacon chopped in it, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes, 1/2 cup cornbread stuffing.
    night snack: mohito mint tea.

It's not the best of days, but its a start. I know I probably need to pump up the calories. I am just not into cooking these days, especially other stuff for me. I will already be doing kind of a mini Thanksgiving.... (if turkeys came in container with a couple of slices with gravy). Husband told me this morning he wished an open-faced turkey dinner. So I guess its a piece of toast with issues of grandeur, holding up the potatoes, stuffing, and turkey slices, then covered in turkey gravy. Yep I'm doing that. I am kind of just eating sides, without the gravy of course.

So I bought an eclair for my son yesterday. He has yet to eat the thing, and the Bavarian cream is talking to me every time I open up the darn refrigerator!!! I shall demand he have it for dessert tonight, I am THAT mean a momma!! Hahahaha!

Husband is tired of all this, and it is showing. Poor guy.
    Becca
    Oregon
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    ✔️
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Damnit u didn't get the memo? I get all the loot'
  • Katla49
    Options
    :drinker:
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Speaking of of temptations.....my fridge is full of leftover "Nibbly Bits". Goat cheese, crackers , guacamole, olives, red wine, shortbread cookiesSTOPPP!!!!!
    Okay, out it goes tomorrow but what fun I had with the leftovers and a glass of red.
    Actually took a 2 hour nap from sheer exhaustion this afternoon.
    Tomorrow is going to be a restart to eating right, gardening and cleaning out the fridge.
    MYKAREN B)
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,783 Member
    Options
    Janet- Tom is cheap.. Well at least when it comes to spending..I will get 200.00 and 100.00 for wedding present..but what he doesn't know is that I have 400.00 stashed with me, will use what he gives me first...breakfast will be at the hotel.. Won't be going out to eat, will be with family and can chip in for that.. We do have a joint credit card and I will use it if I get in a pinch..
    Spending time with tom and the dogs this weekend, hopefully I can steal my grandaughter Sunday and take her to see finding Dory