Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    @kellyjellybellyjelly no, my kids don't drink energy drinks because a friend of my daughter's drank two before a football game and dies of sudden cardiac arrest on the 2nd or 3rd play of the game. less than 3 minutes off the clock.

ETA: Every coach at their high school checks bags and confiscates them and benches kids if they are caught drinking them before games. We've lost some important games, but no more athletes will die if it can be prevented.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    It is what it is, Laura. I'll spend the $$ to get answers. I am having a hard time making myself let him go places like he always has. I am making myself do it, but it's hard.

It is so hard to make those choices but it keeps him loving his life <3. Hugs.
    Tami, I <3 you and I hate the stress you are under. I hope you can dump it all in the gym soon.
    Ditto.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I had three (THREE!) events yesterday (post-bachlorette breakfast for a friend, cousin's post-destination-wedding barbecue, and a two year old's birthday party) and I'm only up two pounds on the scale today, which is totally all water weight.

I also hit the gym this morning, so am already back on track. :)

Great job!! I got discouraged this weekend. Went wedding shopping with my stepdaugther that is getting married. Was well under my calories for the day. I had hit an alltime low on the scale that morning, but the next day, BOOM, up 5lbs. I am officially frustrated.... :|

I know how you feel. I can't seem to shake the 6 lbs I put on during strike dury. But I also can't seem to motivate myself to exercise. Where did my mojo go?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Sad fact I forgot my fitbit for my trip to LA. No steps will be tracked for 3 days.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    And last random status... I still can't figure out why my newish phone won't sync pictures to my computer. I need to figure this out before leaving for ENGLAND! If I ever get it to work this thread will be a mass of 4 months of pictures.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I had three (THREE!) events yesterday (post-bachlorette breakfast for a friend, cousin's post-destination-wedding barbecue, and a two year old's birthday party) and I'm only up two pounds on the scale today, which is totally all water weight.

Yay! Great job!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Confession: I had a brownie sundae from Kona Grill for dinner last night.

1. It was amazing!
    2. It was ginormous! (It could have served 4 people, at least. )
    3. Although I didn't make the best choice, I didn't make the worst one, either. At least I didn't try to eat dinner, and THEN that dessert.

I also checked out the drinks menu for a LONG time, but stuck with water. 6 #soberdays!

Great job!

I think today is day 7 #noalcoholtil2017. Traveling again. More challenges to face.
  • Talkradio
    Talkradio Posts: 388 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Talkradio wrote: »
    Oh my gosh. This thread is still going! Epic! I haven't swung by since April last year. I'm proud of you guys.

We refuse to let it die!

I love it. I stepped away from mfp because my dad was having health problems and then I was trying to get pregnant. I just had my baby a month ago and I'm back on mfp. I'm excited this thread is still going because it was a big motivator for me to check in every day last time around. Some crazy part of me wants to try and go back and reread everything I missed, but there's no way... is there?
  • Talkradio
    Options
    Confession: my food addiction is back in full swing after having my baby. I managed to keep my weight gain moderate while pregnant but I already gained back 5lbs of my initial post-baby loss. Boo. Today was my first day back to logging and I realized I was thinking "I'm bored, I should eat". Ugh. I did pretty good until after dinner when I had two ice cream sandwiches. Why two?? Blah.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    @Talkradio I love Klondike bars. Right now I don't keep them at my house, but one little trick that sometimes works for me is to open the box as soon as I am home from the grocery store and put them individually in sandwich baggies which are labeled in big permanent marker with days of the week. I can eat two, but then there is another day that week that I won't get one. It helped me for some reason.

Yesterday I ate a whole bag of pretzel crisps. 770 calories plus a lot of sodium. Ugh.
  • Talkradio
    Options
    @KetoneKaren that's brilliant! I love it.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Oh my gosh. This thread is still going! Epic! I haven't swung by since April last year. I'm proud of you guys.

We refuse to let it die!

I love it. I stepped away from mfp because my dad was having health problems and then I was trying to get pregnant. I just had my baby a month ago and I'm back on mfp. I'm excited this thread is still going because it was a big motivator for me to check in every day last time around. Some crazy part of me wants to try and go back and reread everything I missed, but there's no way... is there?

Welcome back. We slowed down a ton...you could catch up.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    Confession: my food addiction is back in full swing after having my baby. I managed to keep my weight gain moderate while pregnant but I already gained back 5lbs of my initial post-baby loss. Boo. Today was my first day back to logging and I realized I was thinking "I'm bored, I should eat". Ugh. I did pretty good until after dinner when I had two ice cream sandwiches. Why two?? Blah.

At least you are seeing what is happening and can stop it. Two ice cream sandwiches?? It's summer, sometimes it is just what you want.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    I prepped my whole day of eating, then went and left my breakfast on the counter at home. Change of plans for that part of my day. Lucky for me, I keep a stash of Quest bars at work, mainly for that reason.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    @Talkradio welcome back and Happy Baby! You could catch up, but it would take a while. Two ice cream sandwiches, meh. Put baby in the stroller and walk one off.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Sad fact I forgot my fitbit for my trip to LA. No steps will be tracked for 3 days.

Buy a cheap pedometer. That's what I'd do.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    @Talkradio welcome back and Happy Baby! You could catch up, but it would take a while. Two ice cream sandwiches, meh. Put baby in the stroller and walk one off.

I was thinking the same thing. At least it wasn't 2 boxes of ice cream sandwiches. Now, THERE'S a confession!
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    And last random status... I still can't figure out why my newish phone won't sync pictures to my computer. I need to figure this out before leaving for ENGLAND! If I ever get it to work this thread will be a mass of 4 months of pictures.

You know you can share pictures from your phone.
  • raymax4
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

Great job!! I got discouraged this weekend. Went wedding shopping with my stepdaugther that is getting married. Was well under my calories for the day. I had hit an alltime low on the scale that morning, but the next day, BOOM, up 5lbs. I am officially frustrated.... :|

Just like our bodies to give us s low weight and then smack us with just kidding,

Remember you hit the low weight which you are still losing.

I tell you that because my hubby has to remind me of that fact often. Ohhh so very often.

You got this!
  • raymax4
    Options

We refuse to let it die!

This depends on how much uninterrupted time you have and how fast you read.
    I imagine baby will have plans for your time!