Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AlisonMulhare
    AlisonMulhare Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Kelll12123 wrote: »
    I ate over half a carton of ice cream in one sitting last week

HaHa don't feel bad - I don't share the 'share' size Ben and Gerrys - when I'm having it...I'M having it :smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Oberon21 wrote: »
    Day 8 #nomorealcohol

Day 13 #noalcohol. Still trying to make up my mind about Friday... :/
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I have zero desire to be at work this week. I am seriously hormonal and grumpy! Someone needs to send me to my room for about three days and just chuck in some Ben and Jerry's The Tonight Dough now and then...
  • raymax4
    raymax4 Posts: 6,070 Member
    Options
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Sometimes I get lost in religion. So many different people talking about their version of how to worship, or what is right or wrong, or all kinds of check boxes that need to be crossed before I am part of the religious crowd. It is funny to study and see, not one religious icon/leader had an established religion at the time of their lives. Buddha, Jesus, Socrates, Muhammad...the religion of these leaders came about through the interruption of man and how a select few wanted to worship or follow their leader. It is counter active to exactly what any of them had in their messages, which was to learn about yourself from within. To individually find how you are to worship, respect, or live to be a light in the world for others. It isn't about a canned lifestyle and facade of religion, but a personal journey and relationship with the world around and within.

I confess, I just hate being told that my questioning everything about what to believe, how to believe, and if I should believe mean that I am somehow wrong.

I dunno.

Why not question. Growth and education start with questions and the search for answers. Happy hunting.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have committed to going on a 15 mile 2 day hike with my cousin Labor Day weekend. :grimace: I'm scared out of my mind! I'm a lifter, not a hiker!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    My husband and I have committed to going on a 15 mile 2 day hike with my cousin Labor Day weekend. :grimace: I'm scared out of my mind! I'm a lifter, not a hiker!

It's going to be amazing!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession: My eating has been out of control! I've been sneaking chocolate before dinner and not logging it. I am in pure IDGAF mode. My weight is creeping up, and I can't seem to make myself care. I still hit the gym hard, but I'm not going to out-exercise these extra calories. I'm not sure what to do to change this, and that makes me want to give up even more. It's a endless downward spiral! :(
  • Idle_Moon
    Idle_Moon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    @quiksylver296 I don't know what your goals are and what you're doing at this moment. But maybe you could take a break from everything you're tired of? For a week or two? It helped me refresh my motivation.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    raymax4 wrote: »
    Timshel_ wrote: »
    Sometimes I get lost in religion. So many different people talking about their version of how to worship, or what is right or wrong, or all kinds of check boxes that need to be crossed before I am part of the religious crowd. It is funny to study and see, not one religious icon/leader had an established religion at the time of their lives. Buddha, Jesus, Socrates, Muhammad...the religion of these leaders came about through the interruption of man and how a select few wanted to worship or follow their leader. It is counter active to exactly what any of them had in their messages, which was to learn about yourself from within. To individually find how you are to worship, respect, or live to be a light in the world for others. It isn't about a canned lifestyle and facade of religion, but a personal journey and relationship with the world around and within.

I confess, I just hate being told that my questioning everything about what to believe, how to believe, and if I should believe mean that I am somehow wrong.

I dunno.

Why not question. Growth and education start with questions and the search for answers. Happy hunting.

This. Although, for the record, Judaism WAS an established religion and Jesus was a practicing Jew.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Confession: My eating has been out of control! I've been sneaking chocolate before dinner and not logging it. I am in pure IDGAF mode. My weight is creeping up, and I can't seem to make myself care. I still hit the gym hard, but I'm not going to out-exercise these extra calories. I'm not sure what to do to change this, and that makes me want to give up even more. It's an endless downward spiral! :(

Maybe you should get involved in a competition of some kind. You seem to thrive when you're competing with others besides yourself. Plus, you can't give up, you're my swolesister for life!!!

Also, can you tell my husband he can't out-exercise a bad diet?! That'd be great, thanks!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    Confession: My eating has been out of control! I've been sneaking chocolate before dinner and not logging it. I am in pure IDGAF mode. My weight is creeping up, and I can't seem to make myself care. I still hit the gym hard, but I'm not going to out-exercise these extra calories. I'm not sure what to do to change this, and that makes me want to give up even more. It's a endless downward spiral! :(

It may be because you have stopped drinking. Log the chocolate. Tell yourself the truth. Try to eat less next week than this week. You can do this, Tami.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Idle_Moon wrote: »
    @quiksylver296 I don't know what your goals are and what you're doing at this moment. But maybe you could take a break from everything you're tired of? For a week or two? It helped me refresh my motivation.

I took a break. That's what I can't get back on track from.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    Confession: My eating has been out of control! I've been sneaking chocolate before dinner and not logging it. I am in pure IDGAF mode. My weight is creeping up, and I can't seem to make myself care. I still hit the gym hard, but I'm not going to out-exercise these extra calories. I'm not sure what to do to change this, and that makes me want to give up even more. It's an endless downward spiral! :(

Maybe you should get involved in a competition of some kind. You seem to thrive when you're competing with others besides yourself. Plus, you can't give up, you're my swolesister for life!!!

Also, can you tell my husband he can't out-exercise a bad diet?! That'd be great, thanks!

I can't seem to get mine to understand, much less yours. LOL
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Also, I think bodybuilding.com has another challenge starting in about a month. (But I could do so much damage in a month...)
  • quiksylver296
    Options

It may be because you have stopped drinking. Log the chocolate. Tell yourself the truth. Try to eat less next week than this week. You can do this, Tami.

Thanks, Mel. I know I should log it. I've done that before to make myself aware. It's all that IDGAF part...
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Also, I think bodybuilding.com has another challenge starting in about a month. (But I could do so much damage in a month...)

WELL, JUST STOP IT!!! There. Is that better?! :wink:
  • quiksylver296
    edited August 2016
    Options

WELL, JUST STOP IT!!! There. Is that better?! :wink:

Maybe if I imagine @MoHousdon standing over my shoulder, tapping her toe, watching every bite that goes into my mouth...nah, I know how she eats! :D

ETA: Here's the plan for today (just for today, not gonna worry about anything beyond today). I have already logged all my food. I promise to @MoHousdon and @MelissaPhippsFeagins that I will stick to it. Call me on it tomorrow, k?
  • quiksylver296
    Options
  • Idle_Moon
    Idle_Moon Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    lol. I did that at school when I was inside the building.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options

It's going to be amazing!

I agree. 15 miles in 2 days will be a piece of cake.