married chit-chatters?

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    edited August 2016
    My husband gets really busy preparing for Physics talks he has to give. Especially unexpected ones. He works hard and his work is important. And he is still very available and makes a little time for recreation. But, this is all going on right now. And our car just broke down. And he will fix it, but it's more time. If I had known the car was going to break down we wouldn't have gone out for fun yesterday. So, it caused a little stress. And we got in a ridiculous fight about time. Not a big fight. I say ridiculous because it didn't really make sense. And it's upsetting me more than it should. I guess because he had to leave for work. And no hug and make up. I don't handle that well. But, it's not a big deal. Normal stuff under stressful events.
  • grannynot
    grannynot Posts: 146 Member
    We've seen almost the entire USA, and southern zones of Canada (plus obviously the parts one drives through to get to Alaska). Sightseeing is probably our favorite activity?
  • RainaProske
    RainaProske Posts: 636 Member
    Anyone know about the mima mounds in your travels. They kind of fascinate me. I haven't yet read an explanation for them. Lots of them on the northern West Coast.
  • chocolate_owl
    chocolate_owl Posts: 1,695 Member
    We love to travel. I've been all over the world. I've seen a good chunk of the US too, but I've still got a ways to go. T's traveled the world for business, but he hasn't gotten to stop and see as much as he'd like. I'm working on turning him into a tourist :)

Places T and I have been together:
    -Atlanta
    -Madrid
    -New York City
    -Orlando
    -Fiji
    -Las Vegas
    -Napa Valley/San Francisco
    -Colombia (Medellin and Cartagena)
    -Turks and Caicos
    -New Orleans
    -Destin
    -Seattle/Chelan
    -Middle-of-nowhere Georgia/middle of nowhere South Carolina

We have a trip to New Zealand coming up at the end of September, and we're doing the Grand Canyon over Thanksgiving. He's trying to swing a work trip to Cancun that I could tag along for. I have a 10 year plan of places we want to go together and how we'll need to budget for them... This is definitely a big part of our life and something our relationship developed around.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    We love to travel. I've been all over the world. I've seen a good chunk of the US too, but I've still got a ways to go. T's traveled the world for business, but he hasn't gotten to stop and see as much as he'd like. I'm working on turning him into a tourist :)

Places T and I have been together:
    -Atlanta
    -Madrid
    -New York City
    -Orlando
    -Fiji
    -Las Vegas
    -Napa Valley/San Francisco
    -Colombia (Medellin and Cartagena)
    -Turks and Caicos
    -New Orleans
    -Destin
    -Seattle/Chelan
    -Middle-of-nowhere Georgia/middle of nowhere South Carolina

We have a trip to New Zealand coming up at the end of September, and we're doing the Grand Canyon over Thanksgiving. He's trying to swing a work trip to Cancun that I could tag along for. I have a 10 year plan of places we want to go together and how we'll need to budget for them... This is definitely a big part of our life and something our relationship developed around.

Where are you going to in new Zealand? We went before w were married. It's a really amazing place. Our highlight was staying on an ostrich farm that had sheep and elk. The owner gave us a personal tour it was so cool
  • PreachersWife276
    PreachersWife276 Posts: 17 Member
    Married 3 years, here!
    Met my husband online 5 years ago and now here we are, after having "let ourselves go" and finding ourselves in need of weightloss apps, lol. :)
    #thegloriousmarriedlife
  • DarlingNikki2011
    DarlingNikki2011 Posts: 287 Member
    My husband resents me for gaining so much weight after my mom passed. This isnt the girl he met or married. I want to lose weight but his disdain for me isnt helping. And he's not the least bit supportive. He's never been overweight, never had to lose weight, and eats everything in sight. I wish he could understand how much of a challenge it is trying to lose weight while also cooking, cleaning, studying, and working out the constant fog in my head when depression kicks into overdrive. Le sigh. :(
  • RainaProske
    My husband resents me for gaining so much weight after my mom passed. This isnt the girl he met or married. I want to lose weight but his disdain for me isnt helping. And he's not the least bit supportive. He's never been overweight, never had to lose weight, and eats everything in sight. I wish he could understand how much of a challenge it is trying to lose weight while also cooking, cleaning, studying, and working out the constant fog in my head when depression kicks into overdrive. Le sigh. :(

I am so sorry. I wish I had wisdom to say the right things to move you through this, but I'm not smart enough. I hope and pray (actually pray) that you find a solution for this.

For myself, I never could lose weight for anyone other than for me, no matter what was said to me. :s
  • BinaryPulsar

That's rough. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this. I wish he would give you love and acceptance while supporting you in helpful ways to help with diet and exercise for you to lose weight. You have been through a lot. And beating you down mentally and emotionally isn't going to motivate you. But, you can get through this. Do you think some kind of therapy might help you. Or possibly a book that you could read to help you process and deal with grief. One thing I seem to have noticed about weight loss is that different methods work for different people. While it's true that everyone needs to eat less and move more to lose weight. Different people find different ways of achieving that. You need to find the way or ways that work for you and that you can stick with. I don't know what that would be. But, there are probably lots of people and support groups on mfp that can help you. Hugs!
  • Turbokraut
    Turbokraut Posts: 14 Member
    40 mwm StL Missouri. Been married 18 years. Have 2 girls 14/10. Try to get in better shape for me health and for my job(law enforcement).
  • Lonestar5715
    Lonestar5715 Posts: 466 Member
    My husband gets really busy preparing for Physics talks he has to give. Especially unexpected ones. He works hard and his work is important. And he is still very available and makes a little time for recreation. But, this is all going on right now. And our car just broke down. And he will fix it, but it's more time. If I had known the car was going to break down we wouldn't have gone out for fun yesterday. So, it caused a little stress. And we got in a ridiculous fight about time. Not a big fight. I say ridiculous because it didn't really make sense. And it's upsetting me more than it should. I guess because he had to leave for work. And no hug and make up. I don't handle that well. But, it's not a big deal. Normal stuff under stressful events.

Sorry for the un-necessary tiff. Like you, I do not handle the lack of closure well. I hope things get settled shortly for both your sakes.
  • BinaryPulsar

Sorry for the un-necessary tiff. Like you, I do not handle the lack of closure well. I hope things get settled shortly for both your sakes.

Thank you! It did. He said he had felt so bad. He is under a lot of stress. And spoke unkindly to me. But, then realized it wasn't me that caused the problems. It was also from him, and wrong to blame me or speak unkindly. He said he was too busy at work to talk to me. But, he felt bad all day. So, we had a good talk and hugs, and went for a walk together and talked about a lot of good things about what we love about one another, and went home and made up. Now we are all happy and kind and appreciative to each other. He said that I am a very kind person and that I need someone in my life that's as kind as I am. He is very kind. And he is always very insightful. And he is fixing the car. Though, maybe soon we should get a new one.
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited August 2016
    I don't know much about that. About what's a sign of a good lawn or bad lawn. I would think diversity of things to grow would be a good sign (unless the mushroom is highly poisonous or something). But, it depends on your preference. Soil diversity is generally a healthy thing. Like a forest is healthier to play in (for the development of a child's immune system). Instead of a lawn depleted and filled with pesticides. But, of course people like to grow flowers and vegetables and not have weeds take over. So, it's a balance.
  • DarleneReid577
    DarleneReid577 Posts: 4,401 Member
    I just found a mushroom on my lawn as I was mowing.

Is this a sign of a bad lawn?

9b932o5sdajf.jpeg

No just season for them. We have a lot this year as well. If you have a dog don't let it eat them. It just cost me $850.00 because my beagle poisoned himself. We almost lost him. The vet said he has never seen this before this year and mine was the third dog.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    I just found a mushroom on my lawn as I was mowing.

Is this a sign of a bad lawn?

9b932o5sdajf.jpeg

I see that as a sign of a pizza topping.
  • RainaProske
    It's a sign of fairies. ;)
    Either fairies or leprechauns. We were invaded by leprechauns (never saw any fairies that time) and they filled our cereal cabinet with Lucky Charms. I couldn't bring myself to tell them that I don't use foods with known dyes in them, so I graciously thanked them, showed them where the rainbow ended in our neighborhood, and sent them on their way.
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited August 2016
    I was just thinking about the previous topic of marrying younger or older. As I said, it depends on when you meet the person you want to be with. And some people have more than one marriage as well. But, all of that aside. I think my husband and I have a long history of being sexually adventurous together. And I think that's partly personality type. But, also because we were together when we were young. And because we then have been together a long time. I feel that brings about a degree of sexual adventure and experimentation and exploration that it seems to me people don't always understand or relate to (when they get married for the first time in their 30's and 40's), and I am not saying this is a negative thing just a difference. They could detail many positives as well. Maybe it's also what keeps our relationship lasting. But, we met young and passionate. And continue to keep that going together over the years. And we feel secure at the same time. And not encumbered by ideas of what we should or shouldn't do by other people's standards. And we get to grow older with a partner that we share all of those memories and history together. While being in a secure and stable relationship to grow older within. We have grown together. We didn't need to fit our lives together because our lives grew together. I feel comfortable with him. I sleep better when he is there. I think there are positives and negatives to having children younger or older. I know the positives and negatives. I don't know which is better. It depends. Maybe something in between. But, I think it all worked out well for me.

When my husband and I go out people think we are dating or sometimes ask if we are newly weds (we have been together 18 years). In some ways that newly wed feeling never went away. Like because we were young, in some ways we always feel young together.

People I know that are very negative about young marriage are people that married very young and had a dead bedroom, not exciting sex life. Because they talk negative about marriage and sex. So, they think that's how it is for everyone. Perhaps they married young for reasons other than the passionate love and friendship.

But, there is no right or wrong or one way. Just whatever happens. Different things for different people. Everything in life has pros and cons. Life is a learning experience.
  • RainaProske
    My son and his wife started going together as very young teens. Binary. Scared me to death. But they waited until they were fairly well into their 20s to marry, and nearly 20 years later, they are still married. I've heard and read many people who know them see them as an example of a great marriage. I agree.
  • BinaryPulsar
    edited August 2016
    I don't wear a wedding ring. My ring size is very small. 3.25. My engagement ring is beautiful. It was my husband's grandmother's. I used to wear it with a ring guard. But, I stopped when I had my babies because it's scratchy. And didn't want to start again with the ring guard. It can't be made small enough because the top setting is too wide and can't be bent. I guess my wedding ring was always a little big. But, now it falls off. So, it's $100 to make it smaller, and it's just a basic thin platinum band. So, maybe I should just get a new ring. But, they don't seem to make them that small, especially with the quarter size in there. So, probably need it sized or custom made. Sometimes I consider just getting a little red heart tattoo on the ring finger.