Pregnancy- July 2011

Options

Replies

• joonzgurl
    joonzgurl Posts: 1,617
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am really sorry I have not been more active on the forum lately. I don't really have a reason, I have been reading everything but have not been finding the energy to reply. Perhaps because I started tracking my food again and it is taking up more time.

There are a lot of newcomers, I am a little bit mixed up with who is who!

Rachael- I am so sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I am glad you are managing well.

Anne- I am anxious to hear about your appt! I hope it goes well.

Julie- At least there is some kind of end in sight with this week! Glad you have decided to stop working and get some rest.

Elizabeth- Thinking of you as your wedding approaches! Good luck!

Mamarandall- Glad that you found something to help ease your heartburn! I have been lucky that tums works ok for me- my heartbearn has only been mild, thankfully.

Katrina- What a nice surprise that would be for the kids, but a lot of work! Are your contractions pretty intense, or more like BH?

Julz- I count anything above and beyond my setting in MFP (sitting most of the day) as exercise, including cleaning, so I don't see why mall walking would not count!

Sorry to those I have missed, I am going to be better this week!
  • joonzgurl
    Options
    AFM: Quite a bit to report to you guys! Sorry if this is long. Not a lot of really interesting stuff either. Yesterday was our 1 year wedding anniversary, we had a wonderful day together! We spent a lot of it in the car, but it was nice to get out of the house and go somewhere out of the ordinary together. Then we watched our wedding DVD when we got home. I love my hubby! I was very sore though by the end of the day for spending so long in the car. That kind of sucked!

It was his 10 year highschool reunion on Saturday. He graduated in a very small class (9 people, that is how small the town we live in is!) and of the 6 children that were there... 5 of them were born by c-section. I spent a lot of time talking with the women about my upcoming labour and delivery. I could not believe how high the rate of c-section among the group was! 1 of them was failure to progress, 2 of them were failed inductions, 1 was a scheduled section for second baby, 1 was a baby that just was not moving down when the mom pushed,

I am not feeling so great today. I am starting to get more aches and pains. I was feeling great up until 2 days ago, now I just feel sore and slow at everything. I can hardly breathe after getting into the car, let alone putting my shoes on! My energy has really dropped, I am hoping that being active today cleaning the house, etc that I have more energy.

Tonight we have a doula coming to meet my husband and I. We were not going to get one for financial reasons, but I have decided that it is really really important to me. Especially since I would like to work towards my certification, I feel it is important that I "buy into" having professional labour support myself.

Also, tomorrow I am planning on discussing my birth plan with my dr. Wish me luck with that!

I have some questions for anyone who might know the answers:

- Do large babies tend to come earlier? (like, if my baby is 8lbs at 38weeks, am I more likely to go into labour because of the size?)
    - Is it really true that a lot of women's feet never go back to their pre-pregnancy size?
    - Did you guys notice a real difference when your babies "dropped" and engaged into their positions for delivery?
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    I still have $10 off $50 old Navy in store or online code if anyone wants it. Expires Thursday.
  • joonzgurl
    Options
    I still have $10 off $50 old Navy in store or online code if anyone wants it. Expires Thursday.

I'd be all over it if I was south of the border!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Rachel -- my mom claims to have permanently gained half a shoe size with boty my brother and me. I personally haven't noticed a real change in my shoe size with this pregnancy.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    I still lurk here but I don't have the time to be keeping track and responding in the manner I've seen posted here (to each individual person). I'm more of a generalized responder I guess.
    I hope everyone is doing well.
    I've been keeping myself busy this Summer. July has been a crazy busy month so far and it's going to get nuts again soon and August is already shaping up to be very busy for me as well. Then my daughter starts school in September .. WOW!

I'll pop in to update when I can :flowerforyou:
  • collinsclan
    collinsclan Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    CollinsClan - breastfeeding - with my first I had this issue too - low supply on one side only. The left always has way less (same as with my first), though I do rotate equally. I know they say how it feels is no indication of supply - overall it's generally fine between the two (the right one always looks much bigger though :ohwell: I'm lopsided) but, for example last night, feeding him before bed I fed both sides as long as he would do (which is only about 5 mins ea - cardiac babies feed shorter more often, I'm not supposed to go over 10-15 mins a feeding or it starts to be counter productive on his metabolism) anyway - I know he got some because I could hear him swallowing but he fizzled out and got really cranky and was sucking but not swallowing. I ended up grabbing some out of the freezer and he took down another nearly 2 ounces easy. There's no way he was going to get that much sucking! I wouldn't say it's an overall problem, but it is definitely an intermittent problem. Currently we're going about every 3 hrs (day and night, sometimes as long as 4). Sometimes more if he falls asleep 1/2 way through. He usually empties them fine, though doesn't always feed on both sides each time. I sometimes pump intermittently - probably once per day at least to get a really good drain on both if I feel like he hasn't recently.

Tips?
    [/quote]

Always offer your weaker side first so that he stimulates it more with the more intense sucking on that side. Also increase your oatmeal and I would add gatorade alternated with water to make sure you're getting everything you need to make good milk - because your body is still recovering from the trama of induction and birth. I'm a cup size different between my right and my left - my babies tend to prefer the left because it's smaller (Yay for DDD! size breasts). I will also forward, with your permission your post to my friend who is a lactation consultant to see if she has any further information or tips for you. And he may be so little that he gets too tired sucking before he gets really full.
  • jenzimmer
    jenzimmer Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    AFM: Quite a bit to report to you guys! Sorry if this is long. Not a lot of really interesting stuff either. Yesterday was our 1 year wedding anniversary, we had a wonderful day together! We spent a lot of it in the car, but it was nice to get out of the house and go somewhere out of the ordinary together. Then we watched our wedding DVD when we got home. I love my hubby! I was very sore though by the end of the day for spending so long in the car. That kind of sucked!

It was his 10 year highschool reunion on Saturday. He graduated in a very small class (9 people, that is how small the town we live in is!) and of the 6 children that were there... 5 of them were born by c-section. I spent a lot of time talking with the women about my upcoming labour and delivery. I could not believe how high the rate of c-section among the group was! 1 of them was failure to progress, 2 of them were failed inductions, 1 was a scheduled section for second baby, 1 was a baby that just was not moving down when the mom pushed,

I am not feeling so great today. I am starting to get more aches and pains. I was feeling great up until 2 days ago, now I just feel sore and slow at everything. I can hardly breathe after getting into the car, let alone putting my shoes on! My energy has really dropped, I am hoping that being active today cleaning the house, etc that I have more energy.

Tonight we have a doula coming to meet my husband and I. We were not going to get one for financial reasons, but I have decided that it is really really important to me. Especially since I would like to work towards my certification, I feel it is important that I "buy into" having professional labour support myself.

Also, tomorrow I am planning on discussing my birth plan with my dr. Wish me luck with that!

- Do large babies tend to come earlier? (like, if my baby is 8lbs at 38weeks, am I more likely to go into labour because of the size?)
    - Is it really true that a lot of women's feet never go back to their pre-pregnancy size?
    - Did you guys notice a real difference when your babies "dropped" and engaged into their positions for delivery?

i don't know about the bigger baby question. I do have girl friend who is pretty small and they let her go almost 2 weeks past her due date. Her daughter was almost 11 pounds and the whole thing almost killed them both. Since then she has had 2 more babies and have been induced both times cause she grows em big. :laugh:

My feet this DS did go up a half of size, so for me this was true! I've heard that for some they get bigger and some ppl they stay the same.

When DS dropped for me I could really tell. I felt like he was going to fall out he was so low. So for me, yes!
  • jenzimmer
    Options

i don't know about the bigger baby question. I do have girl friend who is pretty small and they let her go almost 2 weeks past her due date. Her daughter was almost 11 pounds and the whole thing almost killed them both. Since then she has had 2 more babies and have been induced both times cause she grows em big. :laugh:

My feet this DS did go up a half of size, so for me this was true! I've heard that for some they get bigger and some ppl they stay the same.

When DS dropped for me I could really tell. I felt like he was going to fall out he was so low. So for me, yes!
    Edit* I meant to hit :noway: not :laugh: just so you don't think I have a twisted sense of humor lol!
  • hkystar
    hkystar Posts: 1,290 Member
    Options
    Lots of random contractions since yesterday after the ball game. Bf is hopeful something is gonna happen. We walked the mall for like an hour today to get me some exercise (given the awful heat here). But still no progression.

I have an apt on Thursday and my induction is scheduled. I will be induced Sat at 8am.
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,772 Member
    Options
    Rachel – I’m always surprised at how common c-sections are, but I guess I just didn’t realize all the medical reasons that would require one. Glad you had a good anniversary with your hubby!

Maureen – hopefully baby decides to get here before Saturday!
  • ron2282
    Options
    Exercise challenge – I’ve been slacking; I need to do better this week.
    Tuesday: walked 20 minutes
    Wednesday: walked 30 minutes
    Thursday: walked 25 minutes

Now when Kathryn kicks I can see my stomach move more often than not. The first time it happened it took me a second to realize what was going on. I just stared at my stomach thinking “what the eff is going on??” :noway: :laugh:

I think I sprained my wrist. I have no idea how I did it and it hurts so bad I could barely sleep last night. Working at a computer all day now is NOT fun. :frown:
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Summer pregnancies vs not : (I don't remember who all was talking about it) - I had one baby in Sep, one in Feb, one in Jun. In all honestly, I think this timing (Sept/Oct) is the best of the 3. With the winter baby, I was always so worried about slipping on the ice, since at 7-9 months the core muscles for support & balance just don't work. With the Jun baby, I was soooo miserable in July (all the sweats and stuff to lose the water weight, plus the nursing, I was just dying!). It was the hottest July in a long time, 19 days over 100 degrees, but I'm glad I'm not doing that again.
    Not like we exactly pick the timing. But I actually like that I have this one due on Oct. At least for the season/environment issues.

Trip to the grocery store was very fruitful, but sooo exhausting. Also picked up a prescription for hemerroids (sp?) so hopefully I can get this flare up under more control. :noway:
  • Rachickidee
    Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I am kind of shocked with how close 4 of us are to our due dates (or past, sorry Maureen) and not one of us have gone yet. I am anxious for my dr. apt tomorrow.
  • jenzimmer
    Options
    Summer pregnancies vs not : (I don't remember who all was talking about it) - I had one baby in Sep, one in Feb, one in Jun. In all honestly, I think this timing (Sept/Oct) is the best of the 3. With the winter baby, I was always so worried about slipping on the ice, since at 7-9 months the core muscles for support & balance just don't work. With the Jun baby, I was soooo miserable in July (all the sweats and stuff to lose the water weight, plus the nursing, I was just dying!). It was the hottest July in a long time, 19 days over 100 degrees, but I'm glad I'm not doing that again.
    Not like we exactly pick the timing. But I actually like that I have this one due on Oct. At least for the season/environment issues.

Trip to the grocery store was very fruitful, but sooo exhausting. Also picked up a prescription for hemerroids (sp?) so hopefully I can get this flare up under more control. :noway:
    I agree! I had DS in April and that summer was aweful! I was hot, fat, sleep deprived and nursing. Not fun. I live in WI so we have like 7 months of snow. So when summer comes you are out and gone every weekend. Didn't really work so well with a newborn. I'm glad I'm due in Oct because they baby will be sleeping, nursing will be under control and HOPEFULLY I'll have lost my baby weight!
  • ron2282
    Options
    I’m so excited! My friend and her husband have been trying for almost two years to get pregnant. Last year they started going though all the fertility tests to see if there was a problem, are were going to start IVF soon but she got pregnant on her own!!! She’s due in January and wanted to wait until she was out of the danger zone before she told anyone. I’m so excited for her and I’m happy that Kathryn will have a friend her age to play with!! :happy: :bigsmile:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    As miserable as I've been with this heat being due in July, I think being due in September or October here would be even worse. We sometimes have 100 degree days in October so it would just be 3 more months of 90-100+ degree heat.

I thought I wanted an October baby and was going to try for one next time, assuming there is a next time. But now I'm thinking February/March would be better.

I tried walking and walking and walking today. Not sure if it helped... I haven't had any stronger contractions & don't really feel any different. But it did make my boobs leak which is the first time that's happened without me provoking them (:embarassed:). Awesome. :indifferent:
  • JoshuaHansford
    Options
    Hello everybody,

My wife and I are in the process of trying to have a baby. My wife is wondering what she will be able to do safely to stay fit while she is pregnant.

Right now we workout out with Insanity and she previously did 2 rounds of P90x. Obviously, both of those will probably be too intense during pregnancy.

She does plan on consulting her doc before starting an exercise regimen, but I was wondering if anybody here has any advice on some good workout DVDs safe to do while pregnant.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Julie- If your contractions are getting stronger and more crampy that has to be a good thing! I would say even if not faster your labor should be shorter with all of these contractions… hopefully! At least you know that they work :)

Ronya- When is your diabetes test this week? I hope you pass with flying colors :) I didn’t really think it was that bad. It is fun to see the belly move when the baby kicks :) I am sorry about your wrist, that sounds like no fun. That’s really wonderful news about your friend!

Maria- Sounds like you are on your way!

Rachel- It is great you are keeping busy, I am not and I feel like it is driving me crazy. Wow, that is amazing the c-section rate of those women, very high. I have been feeling that way too, I think it is an end of pregnancy thing. I hope that the doula you meet will help you to feel the most comfortable at your labor. I also hope your birth plan discussion goes well, I am sure that it will! I don’t know all of the answers to your questions but my mom swears her feet got bigger and never went back to normal size. Also my baby has dropped and I couldn’t tell one bit so it wasn’t obvious to me.

Mel- Thanks but I don’t like Old Navy :( There clothes never hold up for me.

Caperfae- glad that things are going well.

Katrina- I may ask you advice when my LO comes along.

Maureen- Contractions are good! I will be hoping you go anytime!

Julz- yuck, hope you can tame the hemorrhoids down some. My flaps down there are just skin from pressure according to the dr.

Jen- hope things are going well.

Okay this may be long :) Just got back from my apt. I gained no weight, I measured at 32.5 weeks fundal height when I am 36.5 weeks along. She isn’t worried about this she thinks it is my body type. I don’t have strep B. I told her the other midwife said that the head was low and she said okay well let’s check your cervix to see… well she said WOW the head is really really low, probably from all of the puking… you may puke this baby out (hehe). The cervix was around the side so she said she was going to have to reach really high up and around to check for dilation and that it would be aggressive and painful so she didn’t want to. She said that she would guess 1-2 cm’s because of the low head but she doesn’t know for sure. She said the baby being low doesn’t mean it will go earlier but should mean a shorter labor. She said she is in a great place for 36 weeks. We talked about the induction. She was in NO MEANS pushing for it. She said she is worried because she can see my body breaking down and she said she doesn’t want me to get worse and worse and have no energy for labor. We have decided that we will induce no later than 39 weeks unless something changes for the better. She said to see how this week goes and if I am still feeling terrible next Monday we may look at scheduling it more towards 38 weeks. Basically, we will pick a date Monday and I have till then to change my mind. Oh and we talked about the iV fluids, she wanted to send me to the hospital to give me nutrients and see if it helps and if it does we would do it a couple times a week BUT every visit my urine shows that I am not dehydrated (somehow) so she can’t get my insurance to cover it. ---- so looks like I may have a July baby afterall... whew that was a long one, sorry I was trying to sum it up. and oh yea, I cried in the midwifes office when describing how awful I have been feeling (embarrassing). SO glad my DH decided to come to this apt. with me.
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody,

My wife and I are in the process of trying to have a baby. My wife is wondering what she will be able to do safely to stay fit while she is pregnant.

Right now we workout out with Insanity and she previously did 2 rounds of P90x. Obviously, both of those will probably be too intense during pregnancy.

She does plan on consulting her doc before starting an exercise regimen, but I was wondering if anybody here has any advice on some good workout DVDs safe to do while pregnant.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

It is my understand that whatever you are doing pre-pregnancy it is safe to continue to do it as long as your body can take it and you feel good. You cannot start new more intense exercises when pregnant. Also towards the end of pregnancy exercises will need to slow down. Really she won't be able to predict how she is going to feel so you will have to go with the flow and ask the dr. at the time :) GL!