Done with it!

Options

Replies

• RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I think eggs are icky. I get that they are healthy, a good source of protein etc., but I just never liked the taste.

Not once have I been told here I have to eat them.

Send me all your eggs. I will eat them for you.

You can eat all the beets.

And what would I do with the damn things? At least eggs are good for throwing.

Really, I drive my wife nuts because I am a picky eater. Lots of healthy stuff that I don't eat because I don't like it. I'm doing better than I was, but I eat almost no cooked veggies and not a good range of raw ones.

You sound exactly like my husband - he tries but he is a terribly picky eater. He can't cook so I end up hiding vegetables in things so he gets some. Please give your wife my sympathies. :)
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    I think eggs are icky. I get that they are healthy, a good source of protein etc., but I just never liked the taste.

Really, I drive my wife nuts because I am a picky eater. Lots of healthy stuff that I don't eat because I don't like it. I'm doing better than I was, but I eat almost no cooked veggies and not a good range of raw ones.

You sound exactly like my husband - he tries but he is a terribly picky eater. He can't cook so I end up hiding vegetables in things so he gets some. Please give your wife my sympathies. :)

I do this, but unfortunately it's in cake. Carrot cake, courgette cake, chocolate and beetroot cake.... you get the picture.

Is there a problem with that? <grin>
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Calorie In Calorie Out, or more technically Calorie In < Calorie Out, for weight loss.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options

Have you tried roasting them or BBQing them?
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options

Oh. She tries. Puts peas in pasta and I'm better than the dogs at picking them out. In some ways it's become less of an issue in the last few years because of her food issues. She can't do gluten, lactose and a bunch of other things so making 2 dinners is pretty much the norm now.
  • ogtmama
    edited January 2017
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    ogtmama wrote: »
    For the record I just think that sayingeat whatever you want/the only thing that matters is cico is simply over-simplified to the point of being untrue.

Of course technically if you stay under your calorie goal you'll lose weight BUT what you eat (your level of satiety, your energy level, etc) has an immense contribution to how difficult/ easy/sustainable it is.

It's on the same level as saying there's no such thing as a plateau/stall...you know perfectly well that all they mean os that their scale has stopped moving and they don't know why...or that muscle doesn't weigh more than fat...don't be ridiculous, its perfectly obvious that people assume you are comparing like volumes.

I think it's difficult to remember after seeing so many of the exact.same.ridiculous.question we forget that it's still new to the person asking it. They truly don't know and if the goal really is to help them than be welcoming and kind not snarky and sarcastic to amuse your friends.

I disagree very much...that was exactly what got me going. I had tried a few different diet plans over the years and always lasted about two weeks because all of them had me going from eating like X to eating like Y overnight or they were super restrictive, etc...I crashed and burned every single time.

When I figured out that I could eat what I was eating, just less, that was a big time start for me...it wasn't the end, just a start and something I was able to work with and evolve my diet from there. It made things very easy and made the transition to eating better much easier.

Well...I guess we agree to disagree...some of us can't eat whatever we want because we'd eat one bowl of ice cream for breakfast and starve the rest of the day. You need to be clearer about what you mean...that's what I mean by over simplified.

Eta: god the typos.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options

Can't get the peas to stay on the skewer :)

I'll do corn on the cob, but not off the cob (and creamed is disgusting). I like peppers roasted. And a few others. But no broccoli, cauliflower (she turns them into rice or potato substitute) and not a lot else. Raw peas and carrots are my staple so I get 2 servings of each most days.
  • ogtmama
    Options

Can't get the peas to stay on the skewer :)

I'll do corn on the cob, but not off the cob (and creamed is disgusting). I like peppers roasted. And a few others. But no broccoli, cauliflower (she turns them into rice or potato substitute) and not a lot else. Raw peas and carrots are my staple so I get 2 servings of each most days.

BBQed asparagus is fantastic...you've got to get bigger ones though. They burn quick
  • Tacklewasher
    Options

I do this, but unfortunately it's in cake. Carrot cake, courgette cake, chocolate and beetroot cake.... you get the picture.

She hides zucchini in chocolate cake. I've not not eaten it once.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    For the record I just think that sayingeat whatever you want/the only thing that matters is cico is simply over-simplified to the point of being untrue.

Of course technically if you stay under your calorie goal you'll lose weight BUT what you eat (your level of satiety, your energy level, etc) has an immense contribution to how difficult/ easy/sustainable it is.

It's on the same level as saying there's no such thing as a plateau/stall...you know perfectly well that all they mean os that their scale has stopped moving and they don't know why...or that muscle doesn't weigh more than fat...don't be ridiculous, its perfectly obvious that people assume you are comparing like volumes.

I think it's difficult to remember after seeing so many of the exact.same.ridiculous.question we forget that it's still new to the person asking it. They truly don't know and if the goal really is to help them than be welcoming and kind not snarky and sarcastic to amuse your friends.

I disagree very much...that was exactly what got me going. I had tried a few different diet plans over the years and always lasted about two weeks because all of them had me going from eating like X to eating like Y overnight or they were super restrictive, etc...I crashed and burned every single time.

When I figured out that I could eat what I was eating, just less, that was a big time start for me...it wasn't the end, just a start and something I was able to work with and evolve my diet from there. It made things very easy and made the transition to eating better much easier.

Well...I guess we agree to disagree...some of us can't eat whatever we want because we'd eat one bowl of ice cream for breakfast and starve the rest of the day. You need to be clearer about what you mean...that's what I mean by over simplified.

Eta: god the typos.

Some of us discovered 100 calorie ice creams and we get some protein in along with plenty of calories left over for the rest of the day:)!

Personally ice cream for breakfast though, yuck! :)
This discussion has been closed.