Ask a mortician

Replies

• LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    HyeKarma wrote: »
    I don't have any questions. But my mom has taken care of everything for herself. I do know that I would definately want someone just like you helping me. Because I'm the designated child who will make that call to the Neptune Society. Just glad I've had 2 more years with her since her CVA. And its very hard what I'm doing to help her. Basically everything from A-Z. My brother and sister where are they?? Theres a binder with all specifics of her wishes. And I'm the one to make sure those wishes are followed through. So.... I hope that its someone just like you who answers my call, and helps us. Because your one awesome person here. Not just the great job you do with your work, with alot of other things. Including your kickass selfies.
    Have a nice day. :)

It makes things much easier on the family when they know exactly what their loved one's wishes were. I'm sorry your siblings aren't their helping you carry the load. I know how exhausting it is to care for someone who is terminally ill. **hugs** I've heard many positive things about Neptune Society.

Thank you for your kind words.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    Hunter S. Thompson was cremated and Johnny Depp shot his ashes out of a cannon across a valley in Colorado.

Do you sell cannons at your funeral home?

I might be interested...

• melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,332 Member
    Have you ever seen anyone taking funeral selfies? I went to a service for my old boss a few months back and an old coworker was happy to see people she hadn't seen in a long time. She was taking selfies in the lobby afterwards....and the casket was in the background of some of the pics. I was absolutely mortified.
    What's the most inappropriate thing you've ever witnessed?
  • Motorsheen
    melmelw03 wrote: »
    I was absolutely mortified.

... you weren't the only one.

• Have you ever observed angel lust/post mortem erection? I know it's rare and I don't see how it could stay up after arterial pressure disappears...but I'm guessing if a body is sent to you quickly after death, it's possible?
  • LittleHearseDriver
    Have you ever observed angel lust/post mortem erection? I know it's rare and I don't see how it could stay up after arterial pressure disappears...but I'm guessing if a body is sent to you quickly after death, it's possible?

Angel's lust is a myth. Erections are caused by excessive blood flow to the penis. When you're dead your heart quits pumping blood so an erection isn't possible.
  • Have you ever observed angel lust/post mortem erection? I know it's rare and I don't see how it could stay up after arterial pressure disappears...but I'm guessing if a body is sent to you quickly after death, it's possible?

Angel's lust is a myth. Erections are caused by excessive blood flow to the penis. When you're dead your heart quits pumping blood so an erection isn't possible.

I heard if a man dies vertical or face down, it's possible-- at least just for a little bit. Having said that, if it is a myth, I hope to prove it wrong one day, when my time has come. Instead of having someone read my last rights, I want someone from the Guiness Book of World Records to be at my death bed.
  • Motorsheen
    Have you ever observed angel lust/post mortem erection? I know it's rare and I don't see how it could stay up after arterial pressure disappears...but I'm guessing if a body is sent to you quickly after death, it's possible?

dang, that's kinda disappointing....

does your funeral home provide an option of a popsicle stick and some duct tape?

I bet you could sell the *kitten* outta that.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen wrote: »

dang, that's kinda disappointing....

does your funeral home provide an option of a popsicle stick and some duct tape?

I bet you could sell the *kitten* outta that.

Life is full of disappointments. I'll be the last one to let you down.

you're awesome!

... but you already know that
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Truly interesting thread. How is the book coming along? Is that person still coughing when you're alone?
  • _BrewingAZ_
    _BrewingAZ_ Posts: 252 Member

The tackiest thing I've ever seen was a guy who showed up to his girlfriend's funeral drunk.He wasn't a pleasant one either. He went up to the casket and began making out with her. When the service was over and it was time to close the casket, he went into a rage and started calling us mother effers for closing it.

OH DEAR GOD....
  • LittleHearseDriver
    edited February 2017
    Savyna wrote: »
    Truly interesting thread. How is the book coming along? Is that person still coughing when you're alone?

I have 7 pages so far :| Life has been a little hectic. I still hear the occasional cough.
  • gottennis_2
    gottennis_2 Posts: 204 Member
    I have read most of this so if this has already been asked I apologize for asking again.
    How do you fit very large people who wish to be buried into a casket? Very obese or just very tall?
    Are there special caskets that can be purchased? What about someone who is let's say close to 7' tall.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    I have read most of this so if this has already been asked I apologize for asking again.
    How do you fit very large people who wish to be buried into a casket? Very obese or just very tall?
    Are there special caskets that can be purchased? What about someone who is let's say close to 7' tall.

We have oversize caskets that are wider and longer for big individuals. The trick to help tall people fit is to bend their knees ;)
  • foxandflora
    foxandflora Posts: 183 Member
    Apologies if it's been asked (I searched but may not have been up on the search terms), but how do you feel about the Order of the Good Death and/or the concept of home funerals? I'd love to get another perspective on this. :smile:
  • Laurie6578
    Laurie6578 Posts: 154 Member
    Lake Tahoe works but I like the idea of the cosmetics counter better..lol