Looking for friends who don't eat "clean" and healthy

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    It's my birthday! Dutch Bros frou-frou coffee, cheeseburgers, and cheesecake will be consumed! :p<3:p

Happy birthday! I hope you had a great day! :)

(And what kind of "frou-frou" coffee did you have? (Don't know what Dutch Bros. is - is that a brand, or a restaurant? :) ) I used to love getting one of the alcoholic types of coffee with about an inch of cream on the top for a special treat, but I can't even remember the last time I had one of those!)

Very late answering, sorry.

Dutch Bros is a coffee shop, started in Oregon in 1992 and spreading out. Their coffee is awesome (so much better than Charbucks)! I always get an ER911, which is an Irish Cream mocha with six shots of espresso. 20 ounces = ~400 calories, so it's only a "sometimes food" :p

uqk7vlfetsdo.jpg
  • quiksylver296
    _Bro wrote: »
    Clean Eating is a scam and does not have an objective definition.

-Eating some of your calories from less nutrient dense sources is not going to give you a nutrient deficiency.

-There is no evidence that moderate amounts of any food directly damages your health

-Before you quibble with me over what is moderate.. but I don't have a direct answer as the definition of terms depends on who’s eating the food and how much they’re eating.

-Personal preference matters.

It's worth noting that some individuals have a hard time eating in moderation, and it may be smart to remove some foods that they normally binge on, at least for a while. Put another way, a food that is “healthy” for one person might be inappropriate for another in a given context. Furthermore, purposefully overeating can be an effective tool in making progress.

So go ahead demonize pizza, pop tarts, bacon, ice cream or whatever but these are not banned from my food list...
    Do I eat "less" junk" sure but that doesn't mean I eat "zero junk"....

/end of rant

Preaching Ranting to the choir, @_Bro. ;)
  • quiksylver296
    Guyyysss it was my beeday yesterday and this weekend I ate EVERYTHING.
    Made homemade ravioli and sauce and served with garlic bread Friday
    Saturday was my birthday dinner at a steakhouse with filet mignon, sides, moscato, and a hot fudge sundae
    Saturday I had lunch at Panera and had thier broccoli cheddar soup
    And yesterday for my actual birthday I had Taco Bell, ramen, and the homemade chocolate cheesecake that my husband made me:

ih893cmdy41l.jpg

(Here is said sexy husband lighting my candles)

Annnddd now I'm done for a while. Back on track. Macros and exercise . I am not Catholic but I view Lent as a challenge, and I have given up pre-prepared sweets (so if I want cookies I better make em). I feel good. I'm happy. I'm ready to ride the wagon another few miles before another get-off-and-strech break ;)

Happy birthday! Yay for birthday cheesecake!
  • ivygirl1937
    ivygirl1937 Posts: 899 Member
    Saturday was my birthday dinner at a steakhouse with filet mignon, sides, moscato, and a hot fudge sundae
    And yesterday for my actual birthday I had Taco Bell, ramen, and the homemade chocolate cheesecake that my husband made me:

ih893cmdy41l.jpg

(Here is said sexy husband lighting my candles)

Annnddd now I'm done for a while. Back on track. Macros and exercise . I am not Catholic but I view Lent as a challenge, and I have given up pre-prepared sweets (so if I want cookies I better make em). I feel good. I'm happy. I'm ready to ride the wagon another few miles before another get-off-and-strech break ;)

Happy belated birthday!!!! Glad you enjoyed yesterday, sounds delicious!!
  • jcraig10
    jcraig10 Posts: 477 Member
    edited March 2017
    @Illy_Mooncat Happy Birthday...and wait, your husband cooks?? :o jelly
  • jessiferrrb
    jessiferrrb Posts: 1,758 Member
    happy birthday recent birthdayers!

@Verity1111 i made the vegetarian chicken and dumplings for dinner last night! (and lunch for the next 3 days) and it's super good! it's 560 cals per serving and you are not kidding about the sodium! my ankles are like balloons today. i know it will flush out though, i have a sensitivity to salt but only in bloating and not for health.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    SueSueDio wrote: »
    It's my birthday! Dutch Bros frou-frou coffee, cheeseburgers, and cheesecake will be consumed! :p<3:p

Happy birthday! I hope you had a great day! :)

(And what kind of "frou-frou" coffee did you have? (Don't know what Dutch Bros. is - is that a brand, or a restaurant? :) ) I used to love getting one of the alcoholic types of coffee with about an inch of cream on the top for a special treat, but I can't even remember the last time I had one of those!)

Very late answering, sorry.

Dutch Bros is a coffee shop, started in Oregon in 1992 and spreading out. Their coffee is awesome (so much better than Charbucks)! I always get an ER911, which is an Irish Cream mocha with six shots of espresso. 20 ounces = ~400 calories, so it's only a "sometimes food" :p

uqk7vlfetsdo.jpg

Sounds delicious! (Some of those others sound pretty good too...) Glad you got to enjoy one as a treat. :)
  • SueSueDio

Happy birthday! And congrats on finding a man who'll cook for you... ;)
  • SueSueDio
    jcraig10 wrote: »
    @Illy_Mooncat Happy Birthday...and wait, your husband cooks?? :o jelly

I know, right?
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    happy birthday recent birthdayers!

@Verity1111 i made the vegetarian chicken and dumplings for dinner last night! (and lunch for the next 3 days) and it's super good! it's 560 cals per serving and you are not kidding about the sodium! my ankles are like balloons today. i know it will flush out though, i have a sensitivity to salt but only in bloating and not for health.

Lol! Mine was 290cal per serving but I used smallish biscuit dough (I got it from aldi) compared to what I usually see they were a lot smaller! Plus I barely used any "chicken" lol but yeah I really did enjoy it :)
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    I had a lot of extra cals today...Because I feel like it dangit. :smiley:
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Staceygram wrote: »
    I'm thinking I found my place. I am not giving up my quick and easy after work McDonald's grilled chicken bacon wrap. I also feel real poutine is a NEED in my life (as long as I don't eat it too often).

I'm pretty new in this thread myself! Welcome!!
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Thank you everyone for the beeday wishes! @SueSueDio @jcraig10 he doesn't cook often... But when he does it's things like my birthday cheesecake, or curry with homemade curry paste... So if he gets a bee in his bonnet to make some thing I just stand aside and offer tips as needed ("Do I have to use the food processor or do you think the blender will be okay instead?") LOL