40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• gam3rguy
    gam3rguy Posts: 3,773 Member
    "INSANITY MAX:30 FRIDAY FIGHT: ROUND 2"=Done! 20:53! WRECKED NOW!!!
  • gam3rguy
    "Only" went up to 183BPM today.
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    3furballs wrote: »
    Switching to maintenance for a couple of weeks, still want to lose 3-4lbs, but need a break. Though really I'm not good at changing so I'll just eat the same and then hopefully cut down my night time protein bites, or weekend beer! Managed to get to 142 from 148/149 so I'm happy, I'd love to get under 140 to have some room for summer beer or December indulgence! Off to focus pad class tomorrow and then a focus pad/striking class with Leo Loucks on Tuesday, kickboxing Wednesday, Friday and Saturday and kettlebell Saturday. Skipping kettlebell on Tuesday for the striking/focus pad class.

Managed to get a long walk in today and got my meal prep done. Glad everyone is keeping busy!

The best approach is "lifestyle change", so you want to be doing something you're comfortable with for the rest of your life. It's really not meant to be something you stop or start again. That makes it more of a temporary diet.
  • gam3rguy
    Gam3rguy, what is the next challenge for you?

not sure yet. I have one more week of MAX:30 then first Spartan Race is at the end of the month! I may just goof around with some T25 or P90X3 until after the Spartan.

• tojo_73
    tojo_73 Posts: 213 Member
    AOS Providence done....I need more DVDs
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    A 3 mile run followed by an hour of weights yesterday. Talk about feeling like a wet noodle by the end of it.

The wind was so strong yesterday that I felt like I was being blown backward during my run.
  • sdereski
    sdereski Posts: 3,406 Member
    So - I injured myself on Sunday playing tennis... i had been on road to finding my running self again - finished a 1/2 on March 19 but now - iliotibial band has me not running- what outside can I do besides walk? I am going to try cycling tomorrow.... damn just frustrated-

Aww - sorry to hear you are injured. I can understand your frustration. But, you are doing the right thing - cycling is good! Take care and make sure you heal before you start hitting the pavement again. Good luck!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    Thanks for the RICE advice....I did not follow it becausre, well, lazy?!?

Dunno.

But, my weight-training yesterday, I tried "machines" rather than free weights....worked well. Today was yoga. All good.

It seems not to hurt when I walk (anymore). Hubby says it is for sure muscle...so, not tendon or ligament. I think it will be fine. I do step-cardio tomorrow....i hope that works okay.

I beat my "0.5 lb down" goal for this week. :) BOOM!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    So - I injured myself on Sunday playing tennis... i had been on road to finding my running self again - finished a 1/2 on March 19 but now - iliotibial band has me not running- what outside can I do besides walk? I am going to try cycling tomorrow.... damn just frustrated-

Uh oh, this is how it starts!

An active adult (and Cool Kid) sustains a running injury. To maintain fitness during the down time, a bit of cycling is introduced. While not as satisfying as running initially, its still kinda fun. Fast forward a few months. Cranky IT band is now healed, and as a result of some riding, the Cool Kid is now also a budding "cyclist". Then one day, a friend says: "Hey, @elizabeppes, you ride a bike and you run, do you swim? Because a couple of us are going to enter a first timer's Sprint tri and we're hoping you'll join us?"

And then its all downhill from there. :)

• misscagal
    misscagal Posts: 195 Member
    Ugh. I'm an accountant and aprils killing me. Every time I think I'll leave a bit early to hit gym. I end up staying late! 3 weeks to go *sigh*
  • LeoT0917
    LeoT0917 Posts: 206 Member
    I'm new here. I just completed my first week back with fitbit/myfitness pal. I lost 4 pounds so far. I have 96 to go. It's gonna be long. It's gonna be hard... but I'm in it to win it.

Nice to meet you all. :)

Awesome attitude. I will be here to cheer you on!
  • gam3rguy
    "INSANITY MAX:30 Pulse & Ab Attack:10"=Done! 9:40 on Ab Attack:10!
  • rls0110
    rls0110 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! I'm over 40 and would love to join the group for accountability and encouragement. I've lost 24# and looking to lose at least 70 more.
    TIA
    Becky
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Hi, Becky!

Weekly long row complete: 16km in 1:31.

Off for a vacation week tomorrow. Called ahead to the local Y to confirm access.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,897 Member
    Cardio today. ZOOm!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Temps are expected to reach the 60's here today, so I'll take the bike off the trainer for the first outdoor ride of the season.
  • fit_chickx
    fit_chickx Posts: 571 Member
    Happy Sunday! Full marathon next month. Cross training like a beast. I love being in my 40's haveing the best time in life. Hope all is going well for everyone on the forum.
  • allenpriest
    allenpriest Posts: 1,102 Member
    larrodarro wrote: »
    Well, I also added some water, a little pillow to go between my knees, etc. etc. . . .

That water will add up quickly. 8.8 lbs per gallon. I usually carry at least that muchn
  • larrodarro
    larrodarro Posts: 2,512 Member
    larrodarro wrote: »
    Well, I also added some water, a little pillow to go between my knees, etc. etc. . . .

That water will add up quickly. 8.8 lbs per gallon. I usually carry at least that muchn

Most hikes I carry two Smart Water bottles, the 1 and .7 liter {with my aquamira drops to treat more as needed}. But this time I used the 1 and 1.5, plus a one quart Gator Aid bottle full. I wanted to find out how my feet and pack would hold up under the weight. I found out 33 pounds is too heavy for both. I will have to find some lighter gear before I take off on a thru-hike.