True Confessions - Don't Judge

Options

Replies

• DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    I'm going to be real.....I can't ride a bike or really I never practiced long enough when I was a kid to be able to. I was pretty impatient so I just gave up. Oh well, I got my feet and car.
    I never learned to swim as a child, I only learned how about 2 years ago and now I'm the strongest swimmer I know, it's never too late to learn if you want to. :)

I can barely swim but I can't float....no matter what I do. Something in my body prevents me from floating. Even when I was skinny fat when I was a kid, I still couldn't float. It's a weird situation cause I wouldn't mind swimming all summer. And idk if I want to learn, several friends have wanted to help me but I'm like *kitten* it because it's pretty embarrassing for a grown man to learn how to bike unless I'm somewhere like a park by myself. At the same time, it could be good exercise and an alternative if I can't use my car.
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I haven't been really trying that hard to still lose weight recently. I've been happy where I was weight wise. I stepped on the scale today and was under 180 for the First time since probably high school. Felt pretty good.

I await the day that I can say this
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be real.....I can't ride a bike or really I never practiced long enough when I was a kid to be able to. I was pretty impatient so I just gave up. Oh well, I got my feet and car.
    I never learned to swim as a child, I only learned how about 2 years ago and now I'm the strongest swimmer I know, it's never too late to learn if you want to. :)

That is awesome! And excellent advice. And quite motivating. I love it

I can barely swim but I can't float....no matter what I do. Something in my body prevents me from floating. Even when I was skinny fat when I was a kid, I still couldn't float. It's a weird situation cause I wouldn't mind swimming all summer. And idk if I want to learn, several friends have wanted to help me but I'm like *kitten* it because it's pretty embarrassing for a grown man to learn how to bike unless I'm somewhere like a park by myself. At the same time, it could be good exercise and an alternative if I can't use my car.

I am a horrible swimmer, I could benefit from lessons, I breathe in the water...which is a big problem!

I re-learned how to ride a bike as an adult, granted it was probably easier for me because I did learn as a child. If you do want to try to learn maybe try a bike where your feet can easily touch the ground and just practice balancing on it and rolling before you try to peddle. Also try out what breaking feels like. I'd do it alone too, people telling you what to do might be annoying.

• saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher, and I confess that sometimes, I don't really grade. I just think about the student's general performance and just give them that mark. Too lazy.
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I confess that I've ONLY lost between ten and fifteen pounds IN FOUR YEARS of logging on this website...Enough to make a difference for my health, but not enough to really feel NOT SO FAT!!! hahahaha
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I confess the last week has gone by in a blur after my world was rocked with some seriously disturbing news. I feel like I am starting to come out of the fog... but I'm still angry and don't know how to process it.
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I confess the last week has gone by in a blur after my world was rocked with some seriously disturbing news. I feel like I am starting to come out of the fog... but I'm still angry and don't know how to process it.

Take a deep breath, sunshine, this too shall pass
  • saranne1015
    saranne1015 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I'm a teacher, and I confess that sometimes, I don't really grade. I just think about the student's general performance and just give them that mark. Too lazy.

I hope you aren't my kid's teacher.

Oh, I am. We're everywhere.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    Gimsteinn1 wrote: »
    I confess that each time a guy comments on my legs and bum I roll my eyes and stop listening to what he has to say.

Why? Unless they're rude about its just a testament to your hard work....no?

If ever a woman came up to me and commented favorably on my arms or chest etc.....I would not offended

after the 50th time that week you might roll ur eyes a bit lol

I don't think it's about the superficial side of it I think it's more about the lack of originality or willingness to look deeper.

or some *kitten* like that
  • Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I have two:

I'm watching A dog's purpose and I has the sads then the glads then the sads again.
    And...
    I just tried beef jerky for the first time, that *kitten* NASTY!

Whoa whoa this beef jerky slander cannot be tolerated lol.
  • charleneleonard808
    charleneleonard808 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend is too needy I make up reason to go home
  • Volbeat79
    Volbeat79 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

I hope you aren't my kid's teacher.

Oh, I am. We're everywhere.

People like you shouldn't be teachers.

People like you shouldn't judge, unless you are a teacher yourself. If you were a teacher, you would understand what she was talking about. Some subjects are difficult to give a letter or number score based on a tangible product, so teacher's rely on observation--I use observation checklists all the time to assess students. Also, I thought this was the no judgement thread.
  • ItsAllMental819
    ItsAllMental819 Posts: 68 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Can't we all just get along ;)
    I like teachers... All valid points on both sides. [content edited by MFP moderators]
    I like compliments... If I'd ever get 'em but roll my eyes often.
    I like scotch... drink it often as well.