WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MAY 2017

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    DrKatiebug – sorry to hear about the mammogram. Been there too, and I remember the worry for a couple weeks. Praying it all turns out fine – and you’ll have it done and over with for another year or two.

Becca – your feisty neighbor will miss you lots if you move – you are a sweetie for checking into local resources for her. Is she the one that talks worse than a sailor? Sounds like you got a lot of yummy stuff at the food bank. I love hearing about your creative salads!

Barbie – glad Jake is coming around and bet it was fun looking at the rocks and stones and planning! DH and I worked our tails off just about all day weeding, planting tomatoes and onions, setting pavers around. We hadn’t done that in a long time (worked together without sniping at each other) and were able to make some good decisions about what we want to do here too. Nice cool day to be outside!

Kelly – that story about Sullivan swallowing a penny was cute… how the other boys are excited about it! Of course! Hope you have good weather to get your outside work done.

Heather – what you said about having a cleaner for marital harmony – I can totally relate. Takes the pressure off both of us to try to keep up with the house when we don’t feel like it – and we like it relatively clean. Glad you found a service with good workers.

Dana – way to go on the 15 lb loss!!! You have been a good girl and it shows! Good luck on your trip and hope the reunion with your DD goes well.

PaulaY – what a sad time in your community. They sounded like nice young men and their sons were too I’m sure. Hope there’s some good news about the folks in the truck accident- glad the kids were buckled up. Please keep us posted. (((HUGS))))

Lisa – sorry the warehouse deal fell through --- it will be interesting to see if the HUD house becomes yours! As you said, nothing ventured-nothing gained.

Penny – those cake photos were fantastic. I too can’t see eating one – they are works of art.

Katla – I agree, avoid I-5 on Memorial Day weekend. Our cleaner is coming on Monday Morning, so I’ll need to scram until about 11:30. DH will keep busy in his shop and can take a nap with the cat as he has a recliner and beer fridge out there, lol. I may go work in one of the Master Gardener Demo Gardens – can pull a few weeds and answer questions for a couple hours – I’ll be on I-5 for about ten miles and hope it doesn’t take me an hour.

That’s it for now ladies! Fargo is on--and blood is spilling. B)

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • pyanko7
    pyanko7 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Hugs everyone.
    Paula Y.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
    M
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Becca what are those things you post when you're just zipping by? they look like upside down screws to me. Busy cleaning and thinking.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies
    Went to optician yesterday and she says the clinic should have done both eyes, don't know if fault is with her or clinic. She said if I am managing ok without glasses then it is up to me, to stay as I am or get it done but it would have to be done eventually. I have decided to get it done now even though it will mean having reading glasses. Nothing is ever simple((sigh))

Off to gym will check in later

Kate UK <3
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    M

Yes?
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Pip xoxoxo Love ya girlfriend!!
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    Morning, ladies!

Great day yesterday--exhausting, but productive, informative meetings (not always words that go together) and hopefully some very good outcomes.

And, when I got home, there was a company truck in front of the warehouse. Two very nice guys out of Houston, looking for property in the area. They've rented a small office here and are outgrowing it fast--and I know the company, having been in that field for a few years some while back. Walked them through, and they were very pleased with the space we have for sale--and I put the fear of competition in them by telling them I'd had a call on the way back from Odessa that we have another walk-through coming up today by another company outgrowing their space here in Fort Stockton. :smiley: Absolutely true--which means I have to keep the place spit-spot-clean again today, not that hard. The guys in the company truck have our realtor's contact info, already walked through, and s'posed to be back in Houston this morning to get a decision.

Personally, I'm hoping for a bidding war. :smiley: But not holding my breath until it happens!

Real estate roller coaster ride... will be glad when this one comes to a stop! Heather, I completely understand your need to get it all to stop. I literally talked to Corey just yesterday about just taking the warehouse off the market. :neutral: It's... chaotic.

Katiebug - hope the mammogram results are great. To your question, yep, it would be utterly unethical for the listing realtor to let anyone else know how much they'd have to put in to beat our bid on the Big Giant House.

Kinda love this town, but giving advantage to family and friends trumps ethics here EVERY TIME. Small town, tight families, and cultural differences. We are, no matter how long we live here, outsiders. We didn't grow up here, we only have about a ten-year history here (with a three-year gap while we lived in Oregon), and no family. This town is now 70 percent Hispanic, so my husband and I are very much a minority. I hasten to add, the ethnic difference has nothing to do with this particular instance, just another part of our difference from the whole. *Ahem.* Let's just say I was dismayed when I found out who the listing agent was and leave it at that. I know her.

Barbie - I'm so happy Jake is waking up to what he has and what he could lose. You are an amazing person.

Allie - You are (still) stronger than you know. Keep your chin up...

Off to the races--found new determination in my sweaty little polyester-clad self yesterday to get some of this adipose tissue off my gluteus maximus. I felt fat and galumpy all day yesterday in my professional garb. Time to change that... and the only one who can do it is me.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in West Texas
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Wishing it were Friday already, ggrrrrr. NYKAREN
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Wishing it were Friday already, ggrrrrr. NYKAREN

It will be in 3.5 hours ... :)
  • pitegny
    pitegny Posts: 1,006 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Paula: So sorry to hear of the sad events happening around you!

Dana:
    Congratulations on your loss. You are doing great!

Ann: Welcome to the group. It is a great place to find support and motivation! I started walking recently and am definitely seeing a big improving in my mobility. A little at a time is a great way to go!

Lisa:
    Hope one of the new potential buyers will prove to be the right one!

Machka: Congratulations on the good results!

Becca: What lovely flowers!

I have had a case of the IT blues lately. We switched internet providers this week and it most definitely was not straight forward. I had careful timed the termination of our old service to give two days' overlap with the new one in case of problems. It is good I did. The technician for the new service arrived and said their fiber optical cables use a different system, so we needed a hole in our stone floor to run a cable. He wouldn't do it because of insurance complications, but proposed someone who would drill the hole for 60 euros. My husband decided to save the money and got a friend in to help. I really had to bite my tongue when they drilled the hole too close to the wall on the main floor and it ended up in the basement wall, which meant they had to drill a second hole. I was so glad it was him and not me! The technician came back and hooked up the cable and the router/television decoder box. Once installed, the box started to update and the technician said it was up to the customer to complete the installation. Four hours and three updates later, the box was stuck. After a long time with customer service, I was finally told to leave it overnight. Next day, the box was still hung up. After another long chat with customer service and some long distance manipulations of our system, we finally got internet, but no television. TV finally clicked in a day and a lot of frustration later. Information technology, we can't live without it, but it can make me want to pull my hair out!

Leigh in France
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Good morning all! Can't think. Woke up with a headache. There is some rain moving in, oddly enough from the east!? Unusual here as most weather comes in from the west across the lake. I wonder if this is the reason for the headache?
    Love the cake pictures and the new things going on in everyone's lives! My plan today is to shake this headache, get the kids outside as soon as the rain moves through, and get their energy and naughties out! ttfn hope to talk later KJ (Kelly)
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Welcome Pam and other new girls! Bookmark the site, look for Barbie's post at the last day of the month for the link to move us into June. Settle in and tell us about yourself!